Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 119
Women too pickyPage 4 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
More talk about things.

Meh. Shallow.

I'm gonna fart...
 clamdigger50
Msg: 120
Women too picky
Posted: 12/27/2015 11:24:59 AM
""Why should she be concerned about that, if she isn't interested in the first place? She knows what she's got going for her - and by all accounts it appears a lot - so what's your problem with it?"""

She has a lot going for her? Yes, so why only advertise the T & A? She (any many like her) has not pointed out in their profile that she has a home,, car, good career, etc.,....just pics of tits and ass so she has determined her "worth" and "what she's got going for her".

As mentioned, shallow. Meh.
 Lasthookbringsme
Msg: 121
Women too picky
Posted: 12/28/2015 2:40:14 AM

Why should she be concerned about that, if she isn't interested in the first place? She knows what she's got going for her - and by all accounts it appears a lot - so what's your problem with it?

That's obvious: envy.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 122
Women too picky
Posted: 12/28/2015 5:21:45 AM
But most people change their taste in fashion/food, etc, so why is what we seek in a partner so rigid?
Are people missing out on a great match because of " I only like Men with dark hair" or " women who are petite"
Why does it mean you are settling because you toss so pre conceived notions aside?
 Walts
Msg: 123
Women too picky
Posted: 12/28/2015 5:35:26 AM

But most people change their taste in fashion/food, etc, so why is what we seek in a partner so rigid?
Are people missing out on a great match because of " I only like Men with dark hair" or " women who are petite"
Why does it mean you are settling because you toss so pre conceived notions aside?

Because it's sooooooooo much easier to dismiss than it is to accept, or at the very least, try. The best line I hear from those in my age group is "Why should I try, I already "know"."

Admitting defeat before they even get to the arena.

I hate those types.

Yeah, "hate" is not a nice word.
 Maleman999
Msg: 124
Women too picky
Posted: 12/28/2015 7:12:14 AM

Would you want to be with someone who was originally after someone who had more of what they were looking for, but settled for you? Wouldn't you want to be Option A instead of Option B? Mind you, there a lot of people who do settle for Option B because of the effects of supply and demand. For example, people who live in a little one horse town in the middle of nowhere will settle for what's currently available locally instead of waiting for Mr./Miss Total Perfection to magically show up, but most people will wait and go after what they consider an ideal match. If their expectations are unrealistic, that's a different matter.
 sallyshines
Msg: 125
Women too picky
Posted: 12/28/2015 7:56:14 AM
""That's obvious: envy."" You shouldn't be envious or feel less than. You're still young enough at 42 to lose that annoying 40 pounds if you actually put some effort into it. Maybe even some dental work on the over bite. Mind you, a lot of men like the chubby girls.

Being realistic is not settling. I agree, many miss out on some exceptional people because of silly things like "a couple of years too old" or "a couple of inches too short"
 Ouija2025
Msg: 126
Women too picky
Posted: 12/28/2015 8:04:06 AM
How would you know that Maleman? How you know they actually didn't?
Sure people can wait til the cows come home - however - they ought not to moan about the waiting :)
I doubt some can actually say what it is they consider perfect in a mate.. just often hallmarkish like cliches.
" I want my best friend"
Personally I'd never have sex with my bestie.. which is good as he is gay :/
 Drewski-
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Women too picky
Posted: 1/4/2016 3:07:27 PM
Is including a handicap in a profile classless? I just a profile of a very attractive women include must not have a handicap. Does not really bother me but to others it may. I think you can just ignore a email rather than looking like a joke. Dont think it has to go that far.
 Long_Shot_Kick_D_Bucket
Msg: 128
Women too picky
Posted: 1/4/2016 9:56:28 PM
I look more to what I can give while being myself. If I don't fit one's expectations of a perfect fit, then why piss and moan over something you never will be!! The only thing that rubs me is when all of the sudden they become picky after being together for a year over!!! Hello! I was me from day 1!!

Being said, in my 20's and 30's....yeah! you'd run into the I want this, this, and this....but in my 40's I don't really see much superficial pickiness. What I do see, is being compared rashly from previous relationships. I'm sure it goes both ways.

For me, before I go on a first date I at least want to know their views are somewhat in tandem with mine and we are going to have fun. Maybe the only date, but some fun. I've learned IMO to loosen up as I have dated from one spectrum to another and for the most part have been surprised and learned a few things along the way.
 Lasthookbringsme
Msg: 129
Women too picky
Posted: 1/4/2016 11:34:27 PM
^^That's what one does in dating with somebody else; getting to know each other. (You may be able to suss somebody superficially on a 15-30 minute coffee meet, though!)
 Maleman999
Msg: 130
Women too picky
Posted: 1/5/2016 8:04:31 AM
I recall a post from way back when, where a woman rejected a guy because he has the same first name as an ex. They could've been a good match, but she couldn't handle the idea of dating a guy who has the same name as an ex. There are probably quite a few people of both genders who would have second thoughts about that. I would find it strange, but I don't think I would reject someone right off the bat because of the name. But, if the person had the same name and physically resembled the ex, that probably would be a deal breaker.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 131
Women too picky
Posted: 1/5/2016 11:27:13 AM

Being said, in my 20's and 30's....yeah! you'd run into the I want this, this, and this....but in my 40's I don't really see much superficial pickiness.

Really?
Wait until you get to your 50s, then.

I just came across this on a 57 year old woman's profile here in SoCal, (she's looking for a MAN-her headline) and this constitutes her entire About ME section, with nothing else in the profile except a few mail restrictions:

MAN is established, BOY is still trying to figure out what he wants to be when he grows up.
MAN has a beautiful home, BOY lives in an apartment with two roommates.
MAN is financially independent, BOY wants to split the bill.
MAN can engage in meaningful conversation, BOY is checking his cell phone every five minutes.
MAN knows his way around the kitchen, BOY can't decide between McDonalds and Burger King.
MAN puts ladies needs first, BOY is all about himself.
MAN is free to travel anywhere, anytime, BOY only gets the weekends off.
MAN is responsible, BOY forgets to feed his cat.
MAN takes care of his entire body, BOY only interested in taking care of one body part.
MAN can fix whatever's broken, BOY needs to call a handyman.
MAN sees the beauty in a woman, BOY only sees himself in the mirror.
MAN believes in being chivalrous, BOY thinks chivalry is an herb.
MAN is faithful, loyal and committed, BOY is juggling multiple women.
MAN lives a healthy lifestyle, BOY has an hung-over most mornings.
MAN embraces his imperfections, BOY thinks he's perfect.
MAN has life experience, BOY just moved out of his parent's basement.
MAN treats a lady with kindness and respect, BOY wouldn't help an old lady across the street.
MAN can make you laugh, BOY laughs at his own jokes.

And the MAN can't be over 60, either.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 132
Women too picky
Posted: 1/5/2016 12:05:22 PM
I didn't think I was picky, but then I realized people have different ideas
of what picky is.

I didn't know (before coming here) that wanting someone with a place to live and a job
or an income, being a generally nice person with a bit of patience, kind to kids and animals
was actually being picky.

Then you throw in the too short or too fat or too tall and too skinny and you're super
picky.

I think people are "too picky" here because it's like ordering from a catalog. If you don't
see something you like...turn the page for the next one.

In real life, you're likely to try someone on for a while before tossing them aside like chum.
OLD is not for everyone.
 ohenryx
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Women too picky
Posted: 1/5/2016 2:42:23 PM

MAN is established, BOY is still trying to figure out what he wants to be when he grows up.
MAN can engage in meaningful conversation, BOY is checking his cell phone every five minutes.
MAN knows his way around the kitchen, BOY can't decide between McDonalds and Burger King.
MAN takes care of his entire body, BOY only interested in taking care of one body part.
MAN treats a lady with kindness and respect, BOY wouldn't help an old lady across the street.

I must have discovered the fountain of youth, I am a BOY all over again!!!
 patchjoker13
Msg: 134
Women too picky
Posted: 1/7/2016 10:58:29 PM
This list makes me appreciate the comedian Bill Burr. As a guy, you need to see his stand-up, truly eye opening. When I was in college me and a couple of guys were throwing around a nerf football in the dorm lounge on our floor. An ugly troll of a women walked up to us and said "why don't you little boys play with your ball outside?, this place is for grown ups". As she walked away we noticed that she had a big Winnie The Pooh patch on the back of her stupid denim jacket.....enough said...
 atlast250
Msg: 135
Women too picky
Posted: 1/8/2016 4:37:44 AM

truly eye opening.

Yes..yes it is.

An ugly troll of a women walked up to us

her stupid denim jacket.....enough said...

Pretty much.
 rockstartrucker82
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Women too picky
Posted: 1/12/2016 6:14:43 PM

There's a few other ones that most sane people won't agree with in that list... but I don't get this one.

Why are so many people expecting you to be in this huge rush to live alone? To come home to a house that nobody is there... Living alone has it's perks, but it gets so boring. Plus you can split bills, yeah, she'll complain that you have a roommate, but she won't be complaining about the Vette you can afford to pick her up in because of it. But yeah, too bad, you can't have sex in the middle of the living room... If only you had a bedroom there...
 Maleman999
Msg: 137
Women too picky
Posted: 1/13/2016 6:48:07 AM
"Living alone has it's perks, but it gets so boring. Plus you can split bills..."

The problem with that is women are after guys who are wealthy enough to not worry about splitting bills-guys who can pay 100% all bills without any financial worries. Logic has no place in romance. No matter how much women claim that they are independent and don't need a guy for financial help, it always goes back to evolution of the human species, where guys have always been labeled as the provider and gatherer, and women have always been and always be attracted to the best provider and gatherer. Do you think Jerry Hall-Mick Jagger's ex-married 84 year old billionaire Rupert Murdoch because of his wonderful personality and hot, sexy body?
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 138
Women too picky
Posted: 1/13/2016 1:34:31 PM
And what did he marry her for?? She's his soulmate, right?

Speaking of a lack of logic….if a guy can’t afford rent he’s not gonna be able to afford a Corvette.

Seems to me you have the secret of success with women so you have no one but yourself to blame when you fail. :/
 GuitarJoey
Msg: 139
Women too picky
Posted: 1/13/2016 2:41:14 PM

I see nothing wrong with holding a certain standard. This person has to live with whomever for the rest of their life (well, maybe not *has* to as much as *wants* to), and why should they do so with someone who is eventually going to frustrate them?

BTW, it's been my experience that most people who claim women are too picky are usually the guys who get rejected a LOT. And I'm sure they're the same average looking "5-guys" who would reject a "2-girl" based on her looks. Everyone does it. Don't lie. Everyone has a standard they expect from the person they're with, and a bottom line for that standard.
 ShowBoatSupreme
Msg: 140
Women too picky
Posted: 1/13/2016 4:57:25 PM
Puhleeze....

RENT is a 4 letter word in my neck of the woods.

A HOME is more tolerated here.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 141
Women too picky
Posted: 1/13/2016 8:09:20 PM

^^^Nicely said. I read that list and was like "nothing here is unrealistic or asking too much".

That's because you failed to connect all the dots and see the bigger picture.

So, your man is so financially independent and rich that he can travel anywhere in the world at a moment's notice, with no job to hold him back?
 south_city
Msg: 142
Women too picky
Posted: 1/14/2016 6:27:31 AM

Nicely said. I read that list and was like "nothing here is unrealistic or asking too much". My man easily fulfills this list...pretty basic stuff.

Like you said, the only guys that get their panties in a twist are the ones that get rejected/ don't measure up.

Are you serious? Most men aren't going to be experts on every single appliance item in their house. Even a person that is a professional plumber might need help with an electrical problem because it is a different field. Most people aren't to take time off from work anytime they wanted to.
 GuitarJoey
Msg: 143
Women too picky
Posted: 1/14/2016 7:07:17 AM

fullmoonguy says...

So, your man is so financially independent and rich that he can travel anywhere in the world at a moment's notice, with no job to hold him back?

My assumption is that the person who authored that was trying to say something more like, "A MAN has a real job, a BOY has a 'McJob'". And money in a savings account. In other words, a MAN has a career and is fiscally responsible, a BOY has neither.

And yeah, I get that in today's day and age most people don't have $50K in their savings account anymore, but if that's what she wants then that's what she wants.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >