Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OutMind
Msg: 141
How come if you are not A BARBIE you are overlooked....Page 11 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
I have been the "barbie" type before.. Did fashion runway modeling for 5years.. and found it to be so overwhelming.. Men want to conquer you, want you to be their trophy not their mate. They want you to shut up and just look pretty. I felt better about myself when I was considered average again.. (a little more weight on me, not always in makeup and nails done, not always in the eye catching drop dead wardrobe etc...)

Profound words, girl.

And you still got it. Too bad, I have a girlfriend.
 mcbobly
Msg: 145
view profile
History
How come if you are not A BARBIE you are overlooked....
Posted: 1/5/2008 11:24:46 PM

I'm no Ken and I still get overlooked...

Here here, same with me man, so it's not just a Barbie thing, many of us, men and women get overlooked frequently.
 Cueil
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2008 12:11:02 AM
barbie girls are kind of nasty... I like meat on my woman... thighs and hips yummy... but really everyone has a diffrent version of attraction... my ex is bi and we totally don't agree on women
 Cueil
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2008 1:48:43 AM

Well, I have never even played with Barbies!!,, however have had my fair share of attention from men.. mmmm what does that mean?? Sex is fun and important to me as are looks (to some extent), better yet is a man who knows what he wants and what he is doing. I maintain, I do not need A man, however they are nice to cuddle once in awhile.

Haha... needs and wants... love cares nothing for those things... I don't need a woman, but that crap goes out the door when I fall in love with one... but yeah I totally get you... although I don't know about that cuddling with men stuff
 Cueil
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2008 2:04:07 AM
looks mean only so much... and really I have pretty average looks maybe above average to some women... and I don't have to much luck... not like I can get out to much with working full time and going to school full time
 OutMind
Msg: 155
Posted: 1/6/2008 2:50:29 PM
The truth is that Barbie didn't like Ken that much. She just pretended to like him, you know for appearances, since they both looked good together, but one day Ken met Butch, and well, he ran off with him. Barbie, then freaked, yes she freaked. Why? How could she be dumped by any man, she was perfect, she had all kinds of men drool at her feet, jump hoops, buy her dinners, give her cars, so to be not just dumped but dumbed for another man it was too devastating. So she met GI_Joe. But guess what, GI-Joe played her and dumped her in three weeks. Yes, sad but true. So Barbie began to freak, so she chopped her blond hair, dyed it black and got herself a tattoo and piercing. But the poor girl started to hang out with action figures from all the Lucas Movies, then when they wouldn't give her the time of day, she began to hang out at McDonalds. She reached her all time low when she went out with cheaply made figures that used lead paint and poor craftmanship. So she began to hit the bottle, sniff glue, and have precarious unprotected sex with any thing that could bend their legs.

Then one day when she was in rehap, she met Chewy action figure. He was very scruffy and had fleas, plus a kid on a bike ran over his foot and it was quite mangled. But he was there because he felt he was so misunderstood. The two hitting off really good. So good, that she died her hair back to blond. Then, because she had learned now how to be kinky, well shaved Chewys all body and had wild sex. Then while coming out of a cool club in LA, Chewy was cast to play the role of Cave men in the GEICO commercials. So Barbie tried to go back to work and maybe become the action figure for Jessica Simpson, but they didn't give her the job because she didn't look dumb enough.

Oh well, life is hell.
 etudeno4
Msg: 172
Posted: 2/23/2008 10:32:05 AM
what a completely stupid friggin idiot! HELLO MORON! Guys that aren't Ken get overlooked too...day in and day out. It's not all one-sided so stop trying to play the part of a victim looking for sympathy.
 chickalina
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2008 3:18:34 PM
I totally disagree with you - there are a LOT of open minded men - the onl problem with that is they are only open minded to what THEY want and you that right off the bat that means sex.
 suzie74
Msg: 175
Posted: 2/23/2008 4:04:54 PM
Its not YOU...its THEM!

Dont be so hard on yourself.
 chrisibo
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2008 6:02:14 PM
hi there countrygirl, xx ya not overlooked i like ya profile babes xx please get in touch chrisibo xx X MWAH X xx xxxxxxxxxx
 Internetdatingpariah
Msg: 193
Posted: 3/4/2008 2:44:23 PM
I hear ya.
I'm certainly no Barbie and I'm ALWAYS overlooked!
 Blue Eyed Newfie
Msg: 196
Posted: 3/4/2008 4:25:23 PM
I have never had a problem getting men to respond ....do you have a pic on your profile ..i find they respond better when they can see who they are talking to ....good luck
 PURE-Energy
Msg: 203
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2008 5:14:19 PM

OH WOW !!!! What a THREAD ** BARBIE** does this goes for ** KEN** TOO??? If a Guy is not a ** KEN** he gets over looked too...

Anyways folks this reminds me of a song i heard a song that just makes me laugh and think about how this world is, about how people act towards other people just because they my not be a ** BARBIE** or a ** KEN ** okay heres the song > As "Bubbles and Wine," Lawrence Welk would say
"ah-one an ah-two"

(Ken)Hi Barbie!
Hi Ken!
(Ken)You wanna go for a ride?
Sure Ken!
(Ken)Jump In...

I'm a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world
Life in plastic, it's fantastic!
You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere
Imagination life is your creation

(Ken)Come on barbie, let's go party!

Imagination, life is your creation

I'm a blond little girl, in the fantasy world
Dress me up, make it tight, I'm your dolly

(Ken)You're my doll, rock'n'roll, feel the glamour and pain,
Kiss me here, touch me there, hanky panky...

You can touch, you can play, if you say: "I'm always yours"

(uu-oooh)

(KEN)
Come on Barbie, let's go party!
(Ah-ah-ah-yeah)
(uu-oooh)
(Ah-ah-ah-yeah)
(uu-oooh)

Make me walk, make me talk, do whatever you please
I can act like a star, I can beg on my knees

(Ken) Come jump in, bimbo friend, let us do it again,
Hit the town, fool around, let's go party

(Ken)
(Ah-ah-ah-yeah)
(uu-oooh)
(Ah-ah-ah-yeah)
(uu-oooh)

I'm a Barbie girl, in the Barbie world

(Ken)
(Ah-ah-ah-yeah)
(uu-oooh)
(Ah-ah-ah-yeah)
(uu-oooh)

Oh, I'm having so much fun!
(Ken) Well Barbie, we're just getting started
Oh, I love you Ken!

DAMN >>>>I`m no "DON JUAN" or " TOM Selleck "( I really liked Magnum P.I.) , or " TOM CRUISE " or "TOM HANK" or" Sam Elliot" or " Brad Pitt" or " George Clooney "(<< His mother is a good singer) or " Superman" or "Spiderman" BUT DAMN it, i am just me;;i don't pretend too be anyone else, and not even a "KEN "..Like that one movie called " NET work" Where people would be leaning out of their windows yelling out ? " " I AM MAD AS HELL,I am not going to take it anymore""
 catman40
Msg: 208
Posted: 3/29/2008 7:59:37 AM
Barbies are plastic . boob jobs are plastic . tummy and fasical tuck plastic . I want the real person . NOT some plastic . I know you ladies say . " I have a plastic toy " notice everything today is plastic . plastic credit cards . plastic shopping bags . plastic , plastic , plastic . and NOW that plastic is made from oil . and oil is going up . stop and think . that tummy tuck will cause MORE . getting the weight off will cost more . as long your 200 . hellow , HELLOW . hellow . I don't see her . Oh barbie get out of the way .
 Adam 4 Coffee
Msg: 211
Posted: 4/21/2008 5:10:07 AM
Maybe posting a picture on your profile would help. People tend to look at a pciture then read.
 chickalina
Msg: 212
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2008 5:24:21 AM
I am old enough to be Barbie's mom but she sure didn't get her looks from me and I have found the people that I talk to are wicked nice. Keep trying and be honest.
 pebbles_2006
Msg: 213
Posted: 6/17/2008 12:48:42 AM
Well some men find it hard that Normal Girls, Normal figures are completely different from Women who are Artificial (botox, liposuction, and the works).

The thing is some men find it that women that look like Barbie can sometimes be, a disappointment too. Not trying to be Judgemental or anything, But women that look like wouldn't take a chance on someone who isn't looking like Ken or Jean Claude Van Damme.
They would be looking for someone with the same Stature its all based on Stature of what society perceive to be very Superficial if u ask me.

I often tell my friends, and also people I meet right off batt, if you are looking for Barbie- I am not it. I am an average looking girl, cute with a pretty face but I am no Barbie. So if u are in search of one, Skip and collect $200 dollars & pass Go (its like monopoly).

Its society that makes people think that Looks are all that's important of every human being out there. If watch entertainment on TV, You see all this good looking couples splashed on the Screen. They are called the Ideal couple, they are always on the spotlight. They get married & when they split up its a huge controversy why because everyone Idolize them that they are the Ideal couple. But why did they split up, because either one is satisfied with what they've got.

Average women/Averaged men are people too. Despite they don't like Supermodels or Body Builder- they eat the same food, the drink the same water, they hurt & feel the same way. The only difference society makes them feel like the outsider because they are not up to the standard.

I have dated/been engaged to good looking men myself but to be truthful with you- Looks can be DECEIVING because Love wasn't based on what we felt for each other, its more of what People think when I was with them. They were more worried of what other people think of us, as a couple than what we are to one another. I have also been with AVERAGE MEN ( Average Joes) they are the most caring, affectionate, well grounded people I know that values the person.
 catman40
Msg: 218
Posted: 7/11/2008 5:30:18 AM
had " barbie type " . no fun . was cold . NOW , those 180 + know how to have fun and treat there boyfreinds like he was ken .
 jeffreysearch
Msg: 219
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2008 5:45:38 AM
Well i think the Dating scene is totally `Lost in itself ? Who knows what is right , for who and what means what anymore ! Got That It seems that Women think they have Independance and freedom..... at what Cost ! Not Looking good from what i see
 niksmama1124
Msg: 220
Posted: 7/11/2008 5:48:55 AM
yes attitude has alot to do w/things! in my experience it seems lately more men prefer bbw to barbies
 originalNw
Msg: 232
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2009 6:10:07 PM
In the "eyes of the beholder " if you are seaching for your heart. Being open-minded is a way of "seeing " others as well as being . Not everyone is opened to new way of seeing . Many stay blind because of old habits,easier routes, and less actual work on their parts. It would also follow that the one who is " asking/telling " has tried to improve their sight as well! Yes some are not willing to gain a better sight on the ladies around them. Every one has their own opinon, thus is the way of the "DATING "!

mortalez
Msg: 238
Posted: 7/19/2009 8:43:51 AM
Same reason guys with crappy jobs get overlooked, because most of the world is shallow.

listen to your hearts people.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >