Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Whitetigeress
Msg: 122
How many sinle parents have their kid or kids with no help?Page 2 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)

The only question I have is ," Why do some people thing that Custodial dads must have a women in their lives for them to raise their children?"

i would assume because many do this .. my ex is one of them(non-custodial though), after i left him he had a woman in the house within 6 days .. they fight all the time yet he wont let her go because he needs help when he has our boys every other weekend... roughly 96 hrs a month and he needs a woman to help out

i think for custodial men it is exactly the same for custodial women.. we go thru good and bad days in learning how to be a parent to our children the best way we can, we may have a support system and yet we may not.. either way its the same battle
 Huntingwulf
Msg: 124
view profile
History
How many sinle parents have their kid or kids with no help?
Posted: 1/1/2007 10:13:39 PM
I live with my 12 year old Daughter. Her Mother is supposed to see her twice a month, on weekends. Unless I ring her and take our daughter to her place it just dosen't happen. The result? Our girl deleted every photo depicting her mother from her graduation pics. We get no help, and her mother will not answer emails, and turns off her phone if we ring her. Basicaly the only chance our daughter gets to communicate is when her Mother is on Messenger, and now she has been showing herself as being offline.
It is little wonder that Ashley is hesitant about her feelings for her Mother.
 brandy_n_3
Msg: 126
Posted: 1/1/2007 11:22:06 PM
I ama single mom to 3 kids. I've been on my own for nearly 6 years now with no child support or contact from my ex husband. I don't bother trying to bash my ex, he is what he is, and I know I am doing what is best for my kids. As far as single parenthood goes it could be worse. I have been able to stay home 75% of the time with them, and homeschool, taking them to work with me in the afternoons. We have our difficulties but even married couples can experience those. I think there comes a time when you decide to stop wasting energy worrying about or griping about the absent parent and instead focus your energy on what really matters, your kid(s) and making your life the best life possible whether you have help or not.
 YankeesGirl13
Msg: 136
Posted: 1/5/2007 2:23:49 PM
I am a single mom and get no help. My daughter has never seen her father, nor had she ever heard from him. It is better off now! I have my family and friends that love and support her and I. If her father ever did come into her life now, it would ruin her! I am the only parent she knows and until I find someone that loves me for me and her for her, then I will be the only parent. I have no problem supporting her and loving her on my own! SOmetimes, it is better that way too! No headaches or stress dealing with someone. Yes, it gets lonely too! But take the good with the not so good and it all works out! Single parents are strong, responsible, and loving!
 Huntingwulf
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2007 3:58:18 PM
I am a full time parent of a 13 year old girl. Her mother has not contacted her since she left and although she is required by the Child Support Agency, to pay a minimal ammount towards the support of our daghter, has not offered any assistance. Whether or not I would accept assistance financialy is not the point. It's the fact that she has not offered.

My daughter has visited her mother twice since she left, one visit being a sleepover. When her mother told her that she missed having her around, my daughter's response was, "Right mum, that's why you ignore me when I'm here and never phone me to see how I am".

Now when I suggest that she visit her mum, she flatly refuses. Her mother denigrates me, to her face, criticizes her hair, clothes, friends and refuses every attempt to contact on messenger. The child is angry with her mother because she left us. She left a non violent, drug and alchohol free home because, as she put it, she was bored.
 tmbmx
Msg: 167
Posted: 2/11/2007 10:17:25 PM
I have court ordered child support. Of course she has never paid any in 3 years. it is only hurting her kids but she does not care. She see them when it fits into her schedule. and my youngest alway has a bad atitude when he gets home. You are not alone just do the best you can with what you have and pray it is enough.
 Nienna Telrunya
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2007 4:02:48 PM
Im a single mum and have had absolutely no help from my sons dad. He doesnt want to know. But thats fine by me as i get to raise him the way i want to without his dad getting nasty.
 AtlMama
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2007 8:32:47 PM
I have no help at all. He was actually in town and suppose to see our daughter and was a no show. Unfortunately I am finding this to be more common than it should.
 Dreams395
Msg: 198
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2007 5:54:26 PM
Hi
Unfortunately, there are alot of single parents of both genders that have no help from fathers. I always thought child support of $32 a week was not much for my 7 yr old as I have been mainly supporting her on my ssi. Guess I was wrong and there are always people who have a situation that is worse than mine.
I truely wish you the best of luck with your situation and hope you find the help you need and the best true love you can find to help you.
 AshleyDawnQ
Msg: 202
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2007 11:42:18 PM
really what is help ive been left alone sence i was 4months pregnant and i do it alone i lie i got some help from family and friends witch i take every offer they give me pretty much cause id probably go nuts all on my owen but help from the father wise i do it alone
 annac_2200
Msg: 203
Posted: 4/9/2007 1:32:25 PM
I am a single parent with no help from my baby's daddy. Basically he said he didnt want anything to do with my son. and actually i am a little relieved about it. Because i dont have the hassle of having a man in the way of any possible future relationships. Though from time to time it does get lonely. But i hope in lue of a dad who isnt interested i can find friends who are loyal.
 Copperskins
Msg: 220
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2007 3:42:55 PM
Hi Realdealiowa, Copperskins here,

Well, I have been a single parent for over 13 years now! Yes, it has had it's challenges now that my son is sixteen but I have also had a good loving family to provide support when the times became alittle on the rocky side.
I can suggest to you, that you use your energy, the energy you have wishing the other parent was in your precious children's life, and focus that energy in them. Love them totally and unconditionally. Her negative energy would bring about bad karma in their lives anyway. If she chooses to not be involved in their lives, that's her loss. Kids are so precious, and I commend you for doing it on your own. There's so many single parents out there today. I personally have more than 10 close friends, male and female, that are single parents. It does have it's rewards.
Good luck to you my friend,
Copperskins
 aged-well
Msg: 236
Posted: 5/31/2007 6:48:14 AM

How many sinle parents have their kid or kids

over 12 years.........and not a single complaint.....sorry if thats a disapointment to some, but i fought for it, and got what i asked for, shit may happen, but raising my babies..... now thats been some funny shit
 aged-well
Msg: 239
Posted: 5/31/2007 8:59:20 PM
Thank you kindly ma’am. Quite frankly, I see children as a gift from a higher source, delivered to this earth by a lady

Hence, a man should pay homage to that lady who gave him the opportunity to be a part of this gift, and to complain is disrespectful.

Besides, without the opportunity with my kids, I’d never have known how friking cool and hilarious cartoons are now days.

Some of my greatest single parenting moments were Saturday morning, 3 and 6 year old, couch, me coffee, bottle for my boy, juice box for my girl, crazy looking cereal, 9 am, cat-dog, sponge-bob, etc….., before I knew it, 12 noon, nap for them, I’m still in my pj’s, second cup of coffee, and what do I do,…. keep watching.

My kids forced me to reaccept my youth, I owe them for that.
 QuirkyPrincess77
Msg: 242
Posted: 6/2/2007 10:42:51 AM
The only thing my ex does is take him for about 27 hours every second weekend if its convenient for him and he has to be forced to pay child support
 neverwinterman
Msg: 248
Posted: 6/8/2007 8:40:48 PM
well power to ya realdeal.....as to your question....us fathers are a small percentage compared to the girls i have noticed but we are there....i am a single dad of a 14 year old boy and loving every minute of it.....it's been a huge strugle trying to be a part of his life but persistance pays off.....my worst peeve now is the some guys now that make us all look bad......and it chokes me just to print it but dead beat dads...and dead beat moms realy make me sick......ROCK ON SINGLE PARENTS....now its just a constant battle trying to find more time to do stuff together....being wrapped up with wok work and more work and all that is.
 brown_eyes32
Msg: 249
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2007 9:25:51 PM
My son's father has had no contact with him at all since he was 3 years old (he's 8 1/2 now). I prefer it this way as it would just hurt him unnecessarily to have a man who doesn't really care about him in and out. In that sense its a good thing, the bad side is that he misses not having a dad and wants it all the more. There are times its difficult or you wish for it to be different, but in the end I am exactly where I want to be.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >