Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mike-39
Msg: 250
view profile
History
How many sinle parents have their kid or kids with no help?Page 3 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
I have been raising my to girls for 14 years by myself,and I am very proud of the job I have done.I have not recieved any type of child surport from the kids mother,but I did try.every time I took her to court she would loss her job and go on welfare.In doing that the courts told her she didn't have to pay any child surport.

My ex very rarely sees her kids or talks to them on the phone.I know how much this has hurt my kids in the past,but know I know they are use to her never being around.But I know it still hurts them.

I have raised two beautiful young ladies,and even my youngest is now 15 shes still daddy little girl.personally I wouldn't change a thing for my sake,because I know my kids have been raised good,with good morals.

With my ex being the person she is,god know how they might of turned out if she was around.

but hey all the power to you. I know it's hard at time for all perants raising there kids,male or female.but keep up the good work,it does pay off in the end.I know,I'm living it...............:)
 ready4u2nitevegas
Msg: 254
How many sinle parents have their kid or kids with no help?
Posted: 6/11/2007 5:36:06 AM
right here 3 yrs and no help
 jheldatksuedu
Msg: 263
Posted: 7/20/2007 10:24:59 AM
I'm sorry to hear about all the troubles experienced on this thread, but I know just about every one of you wouldn't trade the memories for anything, and most of those divorced feel much better off with out the deadbeat spouse. Those widowed are in a totally different boat, hopefully you had some life insurance to help. I wish I could help each and every one of you. I myself would not wish to be a single parent even though I know I would cope much like all of you have, I also know I would give up almost anything to be considered a dad. That's what life is all about. Jon
 grmpyolman
Msg: 281
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2007 10:57:20 PM
OK...add me to the list. Kinda waited too long to have a child to begin with and sure didn't plan to end up with her on my own. But God knew what I needed more than I did and he blessed me with the best thing that ever happened to me. I'm just afraid that I will not be able to teach my daughter near as much as she is teaching me.
 judyskiis
Msg: 297
Posted: 8/6/2007 11:34:09 AM
I'm yet to receive a dime from my ex and my litle one will be 2 in October. He argues that he's poor and dissabled, I let him spend time with her nonetheless. I just work harder. I never had a father-figure in my life...I'm not going to let his enability to give me money right now keep her from having a male figure to look up to. It may sound stupid...but sometimes we have to suffer in silence. Don't get me wrong, the paperwork has been filed and as soon as his mother kicks him out he'll have to get a job.
 lonelyhere4u
Msg: 300
Posted: 8/7/2007 1:45:43 AM
I am a single mother of a 3 yr old daughter. My daughter has recently been diagonosed with autism and PDD. She can't walk or talk. I have had no support from my daughter's father. He has called me only to tell me what a awful mother I was and that he was going to kidnap her. That is the one and only time I have heard from him. Filed child support papers but he jumps around so much that the state can't find him..That is ok it is his loss. My daughter is beautiful, happy and healthy. I wouldn't trade her or my learning experience with her for anything in the world. I want to say kudos to all the single parents out there who do it with no support from the ex or no support system of emotional support. I was lucky I guess. My father who did not want me to have my daughter has been a wonderful support to me. My mother on the other hand did not get to live long enough to see her grandchild. Believe me times are hard but in the end when you child smiles at you, giggles, or just gives you a hug you know it is all worth it and that you are blessed to be such a wonderful parent.
 Beingmindy
Msg: 308
Posted: 8/9/2007 1:56:57 PM
I have a seven year and a three year and no help from "so called" dad for years...he hasn't even seen the kids since the divorce.. not one birthday card, penny of child support nothing. To tell you the truth I think it makes it easier on my children, they don't have to bounce back and forth between houses or deal with the ex's temper. Dad usually isn't even mentioned unless it is brought up by someone else or it's father's day. There are several single pareants out there and I don't know about you, but I would rather be a single parent with no help then a single parent with an ex that drops in and out at will and just causes trouble. Usually when there is no help there is no drama either. If my ex really cared about his kids, he would spend time with them. I think it is much better that his lack of caring be expressed away from the kids and not through constant disappointment of at will visits and promises, don't you?
 JulyRuby
Msg: 311
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2007 10:37:09 PM
My daughter is five
We have done just fine on our own
Mr.Deadbeat kicked me out when I got pregnat
Just heard from him last year still no help he just wants to be part of her life
Friendly visits and presents, Makes me want to scream
Well he can eat his heart out cause i just finished my college course and now have my dream job makin big bucks
 spunky sicilian
Msg: 316
Posted: 8/12/2007 3:02:14 PM
ME!!!! AND I WOULDNT HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY......FOR VERY GOOD REASONS!!!!!!
 bcush2
Msg: 319
Posted: 8/17/2007 11:25:17 AM
to my mind it will only get worse. until men regrow a set of balls between their ears again as their grandfathers were wont to do.

There is no honour anymore, no justice to speak of not really. I is still posited as sound thinking to exaserbate the life out of any pretence at prudence or even decorum we have, all out hilarity in the Halls of Jurisprudence and medicine, two diciplines akin to the Priesthood in in automatic altitude We as a people grant to those of our fellows who are prepare to serve the rest of so deeeply that they spend 7 years in deep learning, prior to being unleashed upon the unsuspecting public. The hope we have is there is some ethical indoctrination some sacred brotherhood joining maintaining minimum standards of Practice to all and sundry.

This is simple fautious nieave, conjecture on my part. That is how it used to be but it went out of fashion around the same time the Womens Liberation Movement came to the fore. Was viewed as a Macho thing, and as a consequence the new manderins Female ones now in power souht to rather than tansform the concisnessous of man what was the "Crier' Du Lune" Simple: revenge.

The ladies decided in their wisdom that they would much preferr to Usurp the Crown of Creations' prerogaties whith out doing the work necessary to effect Power with Prudence or forebarence, Backbone, integrity, things ure grandpaw, if u are lucky taught u about.

These things work. What we are doing now is debatable at best. Like why not stop poisioning ourselves for health, for starters. We whine at politicions that it is their fault that i am sick, and even if not, it is thier job to pay for me to get all the medical interrvention in the universe to keep me alive LIE IS SACRED. Well then why not trying living like that is true, BEFORE u get sick. Like morons we Buy Life insurance and feel a little better. I promise u, u will never die of an under dose of life insurnce.

The issue is not more money the issue is lifesyle change we want the cure for cancr MY way. like babies: i want it in a Pill that doesn't cost oo much, and has no side-effects, and works while i sleep, and takes no time out of my busy life to deal with.

oh an yess make that a double. and while your at it i would like life Herself to make it her busines to devote all her resources to see to it that i am completely happy. Immeditely if, not sooner if you please. and so on etc. i could go on for hours on this topic. any man that has a child and does not show interest in same - forefits all help both human and devine for all time by said action the fact that he is too stupid to see it is of no consequence. spiritual Law applies immediately 100% of the ime to 100% of the poeple of god. dont matter a phukk whehter i be jewish republican, demopcrrat esquimoe, or nerd.

I insult Truth, i insult honour i pay first. My electromagnetic field, which: for most of u, it is about the size of half this galixey, like a nuclear spearhead, it is torpedoed into your Hara center, some call it soul some illusion, the fact is it is. I have seen many individual not rcoer from such efforts. it is a fierce negatively impacted forcefield it can bee seen an felt it has no weifght of its own it is like a catqlyst of enzyme it exacerbates all phenomena arround it no matter the origin. Each and every time you defraud your own personal genius your own god given perfect integrity, whammo it is appearent to even the first year adepts in any monsastry. Born to lose from that moment hence: why do it. Particulaily he ladies it will wrinkle your eyes and mouth more thn tobacco it is ugly and it allwagys will be uly. Why is it samrt?

blake
 Cape_Angel
Msg: 327
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2007 3:29:44 PM
Hi, I am beginning to read threads and love to communicate.. The point of this thread is to express oneself... I think the point of this entire site is for people to express themselves..

I am personally amazed at the amount of parents who do miss out on such a treasure in life.. CHILDREN. Moms or Dads who miss the cute faces, little saying-noisessmells-touch, etc... children offer are priceless. The unconditional love you experience from your new child.. a human born between two people so magically...

Well I love being a mom... I have been a mom for 29 wonderful years..SINGLE and providing everything solo.. are there some rough days--You betcha..

I have three children from my body and seven more through my heart... Yep, I am a mom to ten wonderful beautiful children. I adopted seven individually non related to me and all very special. I find they provide me the smiles-laughter and love many people never experience... I applaud all single parents, especially those who chose it through special needs adoptions... it is a gift ..

To all you out there, pat yourselves on the back and know you are wonderful people...people who took your responsibility seriously. There a many children out there suffering because an adult chose not to... a career I saw too much in so I left to be a mom
 shmrck
Msg: 330
Posted: 9/9/2007 8:47:09 AM
I have raised my two boys basically on my own since day one. Although I was still married to their father at the time he wanted to"ease into it" whatever the heck that is. Now he sees them hmm maybe twice a year amd makes no effort to do more then that. As to child support I had to take him to court and get it directly taken out of his paycheck to get any kind of finacial help. As they have gotten older he has gotten a bit better about helping but not by much. Thankfully, I have a wonderful family that pitches in whenever it is needed.
 Ravenstar66
Msg: 332
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2007 1:53:54 PM
I do

Father passed away early and we had no life insurance, lost the house, etc.... I am sole guardian, mom, dad, breadwinner...etc... My mom does babysit once a week so I have a break.

At least I can b*tch at him without getting into an arguement.!

It's the way it is..I suck it up and try to look at the bright side. I get to make all the rules. I choose her education and other things...I don't have to have a strained relationship, co-custody and such. The hard part is financial... being only able to afford one sport a year and such.
 geodude68
Msg: 333
Posted: 1/7/2008 5:12:16 PM
I have raised my three beautiful children alone for almost three years now ,,She found a boyfriend in a bar and never looked back
 markybolton_OP
Msg: 334
Posted: 1/9/2008 9:43:17 AM
You ain't alone and it is a pet peeve of mine! The system allows a woman to avoid paying child support to the dad!
 techgirl27
Msg: 335
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2008 6:39:14 PM
add me to the list.

I get no family help, and the dad is never consistent. On the odd occasion he does visit with the kids its always 'i dont know' when I try to arrange a time or ask when he is coming, and "I'm on the way" is the first I hear that he can do something. Like I can get something useful out of that??

If I try to arrange a time or say when the next visit is, I always get crap back and umms and ahhhs, and "out of towns" and "hang ups" and all sorts of crap even though he lives 3 miles down the road.
 gessie
Msg: 336
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2008 7:38:12 PM
Hey campgurl, I too lost my daughter's father in a car crash, had to ID him at the morgue when I was 2 months pregnant. I have NO family support and sometimes find things difficult and feel sorry for myself then realize it's a waste of time. What is most important is my daughter's happiness and look who her Dad left behind, she is a miracle in more ways than one. Homeowner here too but we manage don't we. All the best. BTW, be very careful who u share your son with, had a bad experience with an instant Dad type which is not what I am looking for, very authoritative, explosive temper, none of this I saw of course until after he moved in. My daughter is my #1 priority and needless to say, instant Dad is out. All the best.
 gessie
Msg: 337
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2008 7:45:37 PM
Wow I thought I had a rough go with my daughter's Dad being killed when I was 2 months pregnant, my hat off to u girl, you ARE a survivor and an inspiration.All the more power to you angelps.
 enigmamystery
Msg: 340
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2008 8:21:12 AM
I am a single parent that does it on her own. The ex in question is not a part of our lives and nor would I want him to be. I don't like to bash so let's just say it is a way to break the cycle to have him excluded from our lives. My mother lives near me but she has been ill for three years and I help her with her needs as well. With all that goes on, my life is pretty terrific. I have no complaints.
 Ravenstar66
Msg: 341
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2008 3:49:04 PM
Single mom of a beautiful 9 year old.. dad died when she was 2 months old. Been doing it on my own since.
 looptex1
Msg: 347
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2008 4:25:56 AM
I am a single father of 4 girls ages 5/7/8 and 15. Mother lives appr. 2 miles away and only comes to see her kids once a week for about 30 mins and sometimes an hour tops.
The courts ordered her to pay 75 a week CS but I have told her I dont want her money but for her to just be a mother to her children.
She has every other weekend visitation from the courts, I have gave her open invitation to come anytime. She still only comes once a week.
But then wonders why the kids don't act like they want to see or talk to her.
They have litterially gotten used to never seeing her and really don't care if they do.
 Lone_Stranger
Msg: 348
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2008 7:53:24 AM
I don't know how some of you single mom's do it.
Raise the kids, work and everything else that goes with it......all with little or no help from the children's father.

I don't respect men that think there getting away with something if they can somehow avoid paying child support and their responsibilties as a father.

I finished raising my kids when my ex could'nt handle them any more (she was'nt easy to live with) .........could'nt believe it though when she wanted me to keep making child support payments to her.......while they were living with me.

But I have nothing but admiration for women that have to do this on their own, I prefer to be with a woman like that.

Just wondering, how many single mothers had support from the community when they had a tough time getting by ?
It's something that I want to do, help single mothers where I live
 SweetnSassyNatureLover
Msg: 353
How many single parents have their kid or kids with no help?
Posted: 6/4/2008 9:53:55 PM
I am a proud single mom of miracle child 9 yr girl. My sons are grown and my exhusband was/is incredible dad, not my girls dad but he is really good with her anyway as we are fairly good friends due to our sons.

Her biofather has not been around since I was four months preg, she's never known him. NEVER wanted a dime from him, and wouldn't take one anyway. My daughter is precious to me. I won't go into details but she truly is a miracle child in so many ways. Her big brothers are huge in her life, they are quite the male role models for her so tho she doesn't have a father, she does have great influences.

It's very hard being a single parent (male or female), I have some very good single dad friends and I admire them, it isn't just single moms who struggle and work hard to balance life and make sacrifices for their children. And there are just as many deadbeat moms as dads, who knows, maybe more.
 spunky sicilian
Msg: 359
Posted: 6/7/2008 4:13:49 PM
there are many including me no help no see no calls but thats ok cause my child is getting older (10) and knows what the deal is and who is always there for them no matter what. yes its hard very hard but its also a reward WE NEED TO PAT OURSELVES ON THE BACK EVERY SO OFTEN!!!! KEEP UP THE GREAT JOB OF BEING A PARENT AND THIS WILL REWARD YOU AS THEY GROW OLDER!!!!

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >