Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 junglemel
Msg: 28
If you're single and not dating, what's your reason?Page 2 of 31    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31)
Are there men that want to date?? I mostly find men that want sex only or are looking for a wife. Yes it is Saturday night and I am dateless again. Sometimes it seems like it is more trouble than it is worth. Mel
 Fifi47
Msg: 29
If you're single and not dating, what's your reason?
Posted: 8/12/2006 12:52:42 PM
Seems as if most men want a sex buddy or someone who is gorgeous. Some of us are average looking and are looking for a relationship that is more than sex.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 30
Posted: 8/12/2006 9:54:40 PM
It's soooo hard to find someone within my age range who is educated, successful, and not just looking for sex..I suppose being almost 51, it is normal to have difficulties finding a man to have a real relationship with, yet I know there are men out there that want the real thing..Question is, where!?
And truthfully, I'm in no rush to settle down, I've got lots of time to do that..I think it's lacking the companionship of a partner that sucks sometimes...But all in good time!
 luvalot_
Msg: 31
Posted: 8/12/2006 10:09:47 PM
All the guys i've ever met are harsh and mean and litterally only looking for one thing...take a wild guess
 CountIbli
Msg: 32
Posted: 8/13/2006 12:59:06 AM
I'm not good looking enough to be considered dating material.

On the flip side it means I don't have to deal with relationship BS.

Ladies, if you're meeting guys that only want one thing, have you considered that the problem might be that you don't have anything else that guys want?
 wiccan_man
Msg: 33
Posted: 8/13/2006 1:21:06 AM
The reason i am single is because i am just looking for a nice girl that can love me and care about me if any of you ladies are intrested mail me in my profile
 CountIbli
Msg: 34
Posted: 8/13/2006 9:29:56 PM

Count..I'm sure we all bring something to the table..Maybe it's the place we're meeting these men, and possibly the age of the men we're meeting?!

Or perhaps women are filtering out the men who want more than just sex. If you're going for the "bad boy" type then you're going after men who just want sex. Also if you're going after really good looking guys realize that they're in high demand and can get the non-sex stuff from friends. Or maybe women just assume that because a guy is interested in sex that it's the only thing he's interested in. Let's face it, every guy is interested in sex, and most guys will take it when offered (even when they want more).
 sweetheart815
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2006 10:05:56 PM
Last year I took a break from the dating world... and now that I am back in it all the guys I've gone out with are just in it for the sex. Not to say that sex isn't a good thing but I keep looking for something more. I'm beginnning to think that the guys in LA are only in it for one thing.
 twotrue2betrue
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2006 12:13:04 AM
I'm single is because most of the women I like still have feeling for an ex and can't move on life.
 faro123
Msg: 37
Posted: 8/17/2006 6:16:38 PM
Can't find the one I am looking for.
And I am not interested in just meeting someone for casual chat, I already have plenty of friends for that..
 CountIbli
Msg: 38
Posted: 8/17/2006 7:18:18 PM

Give it up Men, We just can't WIN !!!!!

I think many guys have given up. We've given up on the failed dating/relationship paradigm. From our friends we can get everything we want out of a relationship except the sex. So we just approach lots of women for sex until one says yes. Of course sometimes you get lucky and find a friend who'll also have sex with you. Once women get sick of this they'll clean up their acts and stop driving men from relationships.
 Man In New Hampshire
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2006 8:40:36 PM
I'm not dating because I can't find a woman in my age bracket and area that wants to do more than the "traditional" things for my age. Dancing, dining, walks along the beach, ect.

I don't have anything against doing those things sometimes.

But I want to:
Go on rides to no where special and find an interesting small town.
Go to some short track car races, dirt or paved.
Go to a ski slope in the summer to see the sights, maybe take a lift just for the hell of it.

In other words, I still want to do the things I have always enjoyed. I don't want to feel I can't do things just because I've reached a certain age.

And, of course, it seems the adventurous women don't live in my state or one that touches my state.

I'm looking for the potential of similair interests before I want to consider thinking about long term. Long term is always desirable when there is a good fit.
 privy
Msg: 40
Posted: 8/18/2006 4:54:44 AM
My reason for being single?

I never thought I'd utter these words but....

I love being single, to the point I can't imagine being with anyone anymore

After years of taking care of another, worrying about their goals, needs, wants, etc.

I'm thoroughly enjoying taking care of "me" for once.

Plus it's damn fun to sleep diagonally and spread-eagled on a huge bed without
another body there to worry about.

I'm checking into the legalities of marrying my motorcycle, now that's true love
 Stargazer46
Msg: 41
Posted: 8/18/2006 4:55:10 AM
As someone who'd call herself "very single" -- as in no romance for way too long -- i don't know if i'm "dating" or not. What does "dating" mean? These days, i guess for me, it means actively looking to meet new people and getting together with them, having fun, doing things with them. Because they're nice people that i'm meeting along the way of being single. Men are great! Men are fun! When i was a kid, i played with boys. Kickball in the street and tree forts in the back yard were a ton more fun than dressing up some teeny weeny little doll who did absolutely nothing but sit there. Don't get me wrong. Like everybody else here, i absolutely totally want the spark, the ignition, and the forever fireworks. I've had it three times in my life. And when you've had "it," you want it, you want it, you want it more than you did the last time. Furthermore, you know exactly when it's hitting its you silly -- and how amazing astonishing and altogether wonderful it does feel. And has the potential to continue feeling! In the meantime, why sit around eating Fritos when you can be out canoeing or running or going out for some music and dancing with some nice guy? The Single World? What does it mean? Well. I'm learning a lot. Some of what i'm learning is to appreciate what i do have rather than to wonder when One Very Good Man is ever going to have me (and have me, and did i say have me?) and hold me again. Some of it is learning more about those virtues of humility (i'm getting older and wrinklier and greyer and, well, you know) and patience (good things take time; very good things take more time). Some of it is realizing that after a certain age, people are more fixed in time and place. And the rest of it? Well, i guess that's the leap of faith part!
 Poet102781
Msg: 42
Posted: 8/18/2006 7:10:05 AM
There are too many women who care about spelling.

ALOT of women dont like to talk about weird stuff...like the meaning of life....just basicly thinking outside the box.

There are too many women who dont trust ANYBODY, so they treat you like their a$$hole x boyfriend.

Alot of women care WAY TOO MUCH about money, so they can live the modern lifestyle that the media, and advertisments , say is the new way to live.

Millions of people turning to tecknowledgey that is going to turn on them some day........dont get me started!!!!
 Man In New Hampshire
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2006 9:17:22 AM
New Beginnings4

I agree with your attitude. But it seems many woman (I don't review mens profiles) don't want to "waste their time" unless it is with the idea of long term.

I think people should lighten up and enjoy life. Maybe it's different if your looking to have kids soon.

Meeting people can be fun. I don't get nervous when first meeting a woman, I find it exciting. I look forward to it. I am a little nervous about first impressions but I get over that fast.

I find it difficult to meet woman who have similar interests. With similar interests you can meet and have a good time even if that is the only time you see that person.
 opuspengwin
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/19/2006 1:26:17 PM
I moved across the country to a new town was only planning to stay 2 years so never got involved and poof now I have been here 5 years maybe it's time to start looking
 Fifi47
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/19/2006 3:33:15 PM
I enjoy dating, really like men, but date men who treat me and people with respect. ( I love the nice man "nerd" or out of the box kind of man.) I have a graduate degree, am fairly intelligent, not a genius, but I rarely meet men with similar interests. I am willing to date someone who lives several hours away. I am not going to waste my time with someone who is not into me and I am not into him, since I want to get married. I have not been married and have no children, both of which are red flags for a lot of men (without getting to know me at all they make all kinds of negative assumptions.) I am average looking, am not a b*tch, care deeply for the people in my life, have had the same job for 19 years, and
have been told that I am too stable? since I am not into drama nor am I attracted to a man with a lot of drama in his life. I guess that I am too easy to date, although I do have a life and am not going to lose my identity when I date.
 belly18dancer
Msg: 48
Posted: 8/22/2006 5:34:19 PM
yes dating is suck...i gave up kissing the frogs in order to find the prince...i don't want to go out with just anyone...for the sake of dating...or to try and look for something different thinking ''just maybe''....i want someone who i'm physically and mentally attracted to...and if it means spending another weekend alone...so be it
 sddude
Msg: 49
Posted: 8/23/2006 12:23:48 AM
I am a chronic loser
 who_the_fox
Msg: 52
Posted: 10/3/2006 11:14:23 AM
Mostly because I am too skittish....and I don't cope well with the rejection and the games
 crickle
Msg: 53
Posted: 10/8/2006 6:25:53 PM
Location Location Location!!
 ManeRider
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2006 6:33:16 PM
Single because I choose to be happy alone than in poor company.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >