Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kitkat695
Msg: 216
view profile
History
If you're single and not dating, what's your reason?Page 27 of 31    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31)
That's a very good question. I'm with the lady who said, "I can count on one finger, or something like that, the good guys she's met" There are actually really good guys out there, but it isn't easy to meet one that turns your heart upside down and makes you want to spend the rest of your life, (or even ten minutes) with him. The last guy I met almost physically attacked me at the first meeting, there wasn't a second meeting. Gentlemen, some ladies want that I'm sure, but I don't think most of us do. The slow approach is best in my opinion. I'm old fashioned though so that isn't exactly popular these days. I want something far more lasting, far more meaningful. The sad thing is, the world has changed and people settle for so much less. Yes, I might end up single and lonely for the rest of my life, but the alternatives just don't interest me.
 barbee1970
Msg: 217
If you're single and not dating, what's your reason?
Posted: 5/25/2009 8:32:17 AM
Ugh, I give up anymore. I am cotent with being single pretty much. The guys tend to moan about my kids anyway.
 echo*
Msg: 218
Posted: 5/25/2009 8:42:18 AM
I was active on this site for a few years but I dropped out about 1.5 years ago, probably because it seemed more like a meat market than a meet market. Meeting men online was originally a godsend to me because it is difficult for me to meet men due to being a workaholic and slightly shy. But my experience here has been disappointing due to (what I perceive to be) a lack of sincerity here. I'm trying to force myself to do more things and to go out solo in the hopes of meeting someone in a more natural setting. I'm not dating due to circumstance, not due to preference.
 Fifi47
Msg: 219
Posted: 5/25/2009 8:42:40 AM
Not many men of interest where I live, I am willing to date someone who lives several hours away, but most seem to want to meet a woman who lives 5 miles away and who will be available to them when they find it convenient. My appearance seems to not be appealing to many, as I am an average looking cute woman who has brunette short hair, a busty, plump body and am 5 feet tall. Top that off with the fact that I have opinions, have had the same job for more than 20 years, have not been married, and have a graduate degree...to quote one man I met "You are every thing that 99% of the men your age find totally unappealing- we like tall, thin, blondes with long hair who have been married at least once, who have children, who are not career women and who have passive/controlling personalities. " The 1% who are remaining seem to live on another planet.
 ileft
Msg: 220
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2009 11:48:01 AM
I'm not dating because i just haven't met anyone i feel i can really gel with. I'm not the kind of person who will get into a relationship with someone just for the sake of not dating. I'd rather wait for a really great guy to come along and just be single in the meanwhile.
 minako79
Msg: 221
Posted: 5/25/2009 5:17:30 PM
Partly because I am been busy with school these days, hoping to get a good career out of it. I've been on POF dates, probably less than 50%, lol. Online dating has been more successful for me than offline.

I don't expect to find the love of my life here, in the meantime. I'm trying to live my life the best that I can be. What's the rush of getting a ring and to the altar? There's no competition for it.
 trailgirl
Msg: 224
Posted: 5/26/2009 5:04:24 AM
As a single mom with close friendships and a sometime demanding job, it's a juggle in the beginning to carve out time for myself and meeting new people. With this economy, it's more important to work when it's available for many.

The sad thing is, the world has changed and people settle for so much less. Yes, I might end up single and lonely for the rest of my life, but the alternatives just don't interest me.

This, sadly, I've also found to be true in the 40 age range. Not that it was different 10 years ago, but it does seem more pronounced now that I know what does and doesn't work for me. But I know he's out there! :)
 Ceridwen
Msg: 225
Posted: 5/26/2009 8:19:54 PM
I think I tend to avoid dates because of the few I go on, there's usually a lot of awkwardness--I just want to meet the guy to see if our personalities mesh (and if he really looks/is the age he claims to be), but most every time, the guy's been so intent on me that I've been too nervous to enjoy myself--and therefore can't enjoy the guy. Ideally they'd be on the same page as me in 'hang out as friends first, dates later if we get along' but it never seems to work out that way. Sigh.

Or they turn out absolutely crazy. That's happened a couple of times. o.-
 once around the moon
Msg: 226
Posted: 5/26/2009 8:28:14 PM
Lack of worthwhile men in my area.
 fancynanci
Msg: 227
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2009 8:36:28 PM
I don't get asked out that often...by men I wish to date.
 Boots168
Msg: 228
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2009 9:00:16 PM
... cuz I am still looking for someone who is dateable for ME

... and no I don't date for the sake of dating. Being single is a choice, I would only feel miserable if I was to date just anyone as I am sure the void would then seem even bigger if I did.
 PirateJohn09
Msg: 229
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2009 9:05:28 PM

SO LADIES PLEASE BE CAREFUL OF THE GUYS THAT SAY THEY ARE INTO CHURCH!!!!!

So, because one guy said he was into church and turned out to be a jerk means you can extrapolate that to all men who say they are into church?
 blee
Msg: 230
Posted: 5/26/2009 10:40:31 PM
I don't because I haven't met the right person and I don't want to settle... relationships take up alot of time and energy and money why go into a relationship for the sake of having one. Your time and energy is better spent on other things...
 Glenoran1
Msg: 232
Posted: 5/27/2009 10:54:00 PM
Not a whine or rant; just a reply to why not dating: No one has contacted me here, and no interest has been shown by those I've e-mailed, though I put a great deal of time and effort into my individualized contact messages.

I'm a member of a couple of organizations, and though I get enthusiastic hugs when I walk in, they're pretty well all couples.

I've been figuratively scratching my head and wondering what else I can do. I don't drink, so the bar scene is definitely out, and I'm not a party type.

I've been wondering if maybe I should hang around a marina and eventually help someone get his boat shipshape -- maybe strike up a friendship that way and see if it leads somewhere. Seems like a long shot, but at minimum I'd get exercise out of working on a boat and the fellow would get some free labour.

If anyone has any other ideas, I'd love to hear them.
 StevieCashmere
Msg: 233
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2009 11:19:42 PM
'dating' is so passé, meeting up with a online friend is where it's at!!
~sc~
 kpooks
Msg: 234
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2009 9:53:28 AM
No nibbles at the moment. When someone presents herself who looks sexy and seems interesting and interested, I'll ask her out.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 235
Posted: 5/29/2009 11:28:33 AM
Im living in a shack with no water, stealing the neighbors electricity & wi-fi, at the end of a dead end road, wearing sunglasses and an old hoody. I am working on my stalker tactics, and my home made devices that go pop.
 RLC89
Msg: 236
Posted: 5/29/2009 12:13:44 PM
I'm sick and tired of dating (especially when it comes to dating 20-25 year old men). I've done enough of it, and I don't really care to "date" anymore just for fun times.

All I really need is friendship and possibly something more long-term. Nonetheless, relationships take A LOT of work (I just recently got out of a two-year relationship nearly three months ago) and I'm not just going to settle. The next relationship I get into, I'm going to do it because I truly FEEL that he and I could have some sort of "future" together--not because I think he's cute, because I'm in total infatuation, or because I just feel I "need" a boyfriend.

Like I said, I'm not going to settle. I may be a bit picky when it comes to men, but that's fine--it weeds out the scum.
Posted: 6/30/2009 4:58:01 PM

I don't know anyone I want to date and don't have a viable way to meet people.
 subhacker
Msg: 238
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2009 11:30:57 PM
Because my career is a jeopardy, I may travel soon, and I just can't call forth the necessary confidence from a position of extreme uncertainty and insecurity.
 mascot1
Msg: 240
Posted: 9/4/2009 7:21:28 PM
Good question!! hahaha

My standards are too high for those who begin to talk with me, and I am too low for those I try to talk with!!

easy and aggravating enough. I don't want to lower mine and they don't want to lower theirs, its a stalemate dating scene.
 Bookbelle
Msg: 242
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2009 7:38:42 AM
... I'm not dating anyone for a short period because I'm moving over 600 miles in 2 weeks' time to go to university.
 oneonpitch
Msg: 245
Posted: 9/6/2009 12:43:48 PM
I'm not having a pity party but when I have gone out lately, the gentlemen I've gone out with are really quick to judge me. If you see my pics on my page I appear to be pleasant looking, somewhat attractive but when you see me close up I look much older than my years. I've had a few years of major stress that unfortunately shows all across my face. Inside I'm about 10 years younger than my real age and outside I'm about 10 years older. No one sticks around long enough to see the warm, friendly person I am. Sooooo...shame on you guys for being so superficial. I'm a great gal and you'll never know it!!!!!
 jeepwmn
Msg: 246
Posted: 9/6/2009 9:47:05 PM
Hmm. .
because
-a shy person by nature, hard to meet people, and open up to them, have few but close friends,
-work schedule makes dating difficult (work 2pm-10:30pm), social life is little to none, plus I go to school part time
-haven't really met anyone I click with
 werewolf469
Msg: 251
Posted: 9/11/2009 2:55:34 PM
simple in my case.....i am to dang ugly for most women
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >