Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ravager
Msg: 55
If you're single and not dating, what's your reason?Page 3 of 31    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31)
To start, I don't like "dating". Meeting and hanging out with the person is good enough for me.

Right now, aside from the fact everyone seems to be with someone, I really don't know where all the single people are, lol.

Anyway, I don't think I want to be in a relationship anymore. Its too hard finding people that click with me. Theres a lot more to it, but I don't really feel like talking about that right now.
 Fifi47
Msg: 56
If you're single and not dating, what's your reason?
Posted: 10/9/2006 11:45:54 AM
Location, men seem to freak because I have not been married and have no children (what i see as positive about myself they see as negative), and so much competition that average looking professional women seem to be low on the totem pole of dating.
 Fifi47
Msg: 57
Posted: 10/9/2006 6:05:10 PM
As far as dating men that I might meet on POF, my profile might be a bit unusual and most are not interested in what it says about me, which is fine, since men are like buses, a new one comes by every 15 minutes......
 Fifi47
Msg: 59
Posted: 10/9/2006 7:31:53 PM
I just read Frau Blucher's profile and I am laughing so hard I might not make it to the bathroom.....if you have not read it you are in for a treat....
 sddude
Msg: 60
Posted: 10/10/2006 4:25:17 PM
because I am a loser in their eyes, when the time comes to say something they say nice things just to be nice . loser
 lost4luv
Msg: 61
Posted: 10/10/2006 7:40:27 PM
Fear.... of rejection, of being hurt emotionally, opening up only to be closed
Low self-esteem...am I good enough, will she like me for who I am
 SteveHD
Msg: 62
Posted: 10/17/2006 5:25:00 AM
It not a priority for me right now.

I really don't want to get married till I'm thirty or I'm a little more established...whichever.

When I think of a relationship, it feels like one would slow me down, unless I found an independent and self-reliant woman who was already taking care of herself.

innocentantic
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2006 7:12:20 AM
I acheived the employment I have with my current company this year. It has really turned my outlook on my work and career around, and I've spent so much time focusing on it. I made the decision after ending my last relationship that I was not going to spend any time dating until I put myself in the position I wanted to be in. That meant being successful at my new job and getting a new house. Well, I don't have a new house yet, but I miss a woman's company, so I'm going to start dating a little. What was the OP's statistic? 4 times a year or month? If it was 4 times a year, then I always date more than that, unless I'm in a relationship the whole time. Nevertheless, I still date MUCH less now than I would prefer to. Truly my work and responsibilities take up so much time. I wish I could join clubs and sports and stuff, but I have no such availability guarantee.
 SteveHD
Msg: 65
Posted: 10/17/2006 7:53:19 AM

I keep finding people with a set of standards that they don't even live up to.

BINGO!

I only want in a partner what I myself have accomplished.
 whothehellknows
Msg: 68
Posted: 10/18/2006 8:03:40 AM
I am dating, just not very often compared to some periods in my past. But the reasons I come up with as to my sucky social life are...

- Too picky. I want a woman with a job, intelligence, responsible, good conversation, open minded and fairly close to being weight proportionate. Who knew that would be damn near impossible. I would have better luck hunting for bigfoot in the Himalayas.

- Weird work hours. I work at night and that puts a serious damper on the time I am available to socialize.

- Maybe I am not bringing as much to the table as I think I am. Hmmmm..... I think people who make long lists about reasons why they can't get a decent social life going and leave out their own faults are kidding themselves.

- I just want to date. Obviously if it clicks, more would be great, but I swear I get so tired of going out on a first date and the topic of marriage pops up before desert. WTF!? I can understand people not wanting to waste time with a person looking for something completely different from yourself, but how about getting to know me a little bit before you start sizing me up for long term potential. Some women, especially the older variety, don't want to beat around with dating. They want a serious relationship and they want it NOW!
 Rettam
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2006 2:03:05 AM
There is no reason. The women I try to get to know don't seem to respond to me. The women that are more proactive to get to know me, so far, I haven't been attracted to, though we might become friends.

There's nothing to be done but to keep trying.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 74
Posted: 11/19/2006 2:41:35 PM
Because I don't like "dating" in the literal sense, it reeks of expectation, and that's not natural to me. I don't respond well to pressure, and dating to me is two people trying to impress each other and not being themselves. I like to go with the flow, meet new people with no expectations and whatever happens, happens. Dating seems forced and too much like a job interview.

Also, I haven't met too many people I am really interested in...I get pickier as I get older. Luckily, I like being single so it doesn't bother me too much. I don't feel I need to be half of a couple to be a complete person...if I end up meeting someone I am attracted to that I become friends with and it turns into something, then that's great. If not I'll still enjoy myself...I live a pretty full life.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 75
Posted: 11/19/2006 6:45:04 PM
The short answer is

no one is asking

let's face it, a woman over 40 is not going to have an easy time of dating, regardless of who she is....and once she is over 50...well, might as well lie about your age or just resign yourself to a life alone and get a cat
 studplayrico
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2006 3:35:16 AM
My job or not good looking or maybe not so cool to date. Any feedbacks?
 genuineman04
Msg: 77
Posted: 12/14/2006 1:27:36 AM
im not the play the field type. i'm looking for someone specific and i know when i find it, no use in dating people you're not interested in, we all know how to do it, we've all had job interviews before...lol
 dogman54
Msg: 78
Posted: 12/17/2006 8:53:40 PM
Maybe I'm picky...
perhaps I'm icky...
But mostly I don't like the bull$hit. And I don't want to have to learn about a stranger only to find out that one of us is completely incompatible with the other. I have always chosen my significant other from my pool of friends.
Perhaps it's the low pressure environment of having mutual friends who frequent the same circles, enjoy the same activities... that's a real factor. But lately I feel that 'friend' is the more obsene 'F word'.
And that sux.
But I was friends with ALL of my significant others before AND after any meaningful relationship ran its course.
Lately I think that women are just out for some mystical 'chemistry' thing.... "don't want to ruin a perfectly good friendship"... and aren't cognizant of the fact that whatever friendship we have will be replaced, surpassed, destroyed by either of us finding a real relationship with someone else.

There was a time when 'having the best time with' someone was enough to want to cement a real relationship.
Perhaps that isn't so true any more.

I can't really judge it, because it is something the theoretical pair of us will never experience.
 caldus85
Msg: 79
Posted: 12/18/2006 1:39:43 AM

~Been hurt too many times
~Sick of the games
~Tired of putting in all the effort without any reward
~No one out there appeals to me anymore
~Can't find anyone that DESERVES me
~Won't settle

Pretty much the same here.
 mcguy
Msg: 80
Posted: 12/18/2006 6:57:20 AM
I bought a dirtbike a few months ago and women can't compete. I realized that I was never happier in life then when I had a dirtbike and no woman. My two daughters are old enough (8 and 9) to ride with me now which makes it even better. My bike has no expectations / hidden agenda/ emotional issues/ bad history/ says one thing, means another and doesn't get angry with me about anything.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 81
Posted: 12/18/2006 7:19:41 AM
^^^^ Temptress, you sound like me, well at least in #'s 1, 3 and 4. My problem now is I am so used to having fun, doing what I want to do and enjoying my single life that I am not sure I want to stop. When I find a guy I click with that doesn't think I should give up having fun, he might be the guy for me.

That and (as I said in another thread) I save tons of money a year in gifts! LOL
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >