Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 subhacker
Msg: 110
view profile
History
If you're single and not dating, what's your reason?Page 5 of 31    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31)
After a recent (but not *too* recent) relationship, I feel compelled to re-write my profile before sending out new feelers. Yet seem unable to actually follow through. The old profile is still up. Women could contact me. But, of course, they don't.
 DigitalRtist
Msg: 111
view profile
History
If you're single and not dating, what's your reason?
Posted: 4/25/2007 12:10:20 AM
Because I don't want to settle for someone whom I don't honestly think I'll click with. I guess I'm just picky on whom I want to be with, and unless I see a glimmer of that in a girl I won't make the effort.
Friends? Sure. But I have to see certain things in a girl before I'll want to pursue anything past friendship with her. :)
 ItsMargo
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2007 4:38:17 PM
hmm... I haven't dated in a while because my energy was directed to other things. Doesn't seem to be much point, other than pure recreation I suppose, if I am not bringing all of me to the table.

Having said that, I can honestly say I've only ever had less than a handful of "bad dates" in a lifetime of dating and really enjoy the experience. OK, before you start pitching rocks at me, let me explain... I start from the premise of does this person interest me, do I want to have a conversation with them. If the answer is yes, it is pretty much guaranteed to be a good experience. People are generally pretty great and it is wildly interesting to learn about who they are and how they have lived their lives. Even if one or both of us decided not to continue, it was still a fun evening for both of us... a success!
 Vancer
Msg: 114
Posted: 4/30/2007 6:17:07 PM
I cannot date as I am just a ghost trapped in the internet.

'Help!......I mean Wooooooooo!'
 Singlemale1962
Msg: 115
Posted: 4/30/2007 9:39:13 PM
I havent dated much and my reason is I cant seem to find someone that Im that attracted to who is attracted to me.

My family cant understand they think I just cant get dates. I get offers all the time but there is always something about them that causes me to hesistate.

Might be Im too picky. But it seems I attract the worse kind of woman for me.

I cant get the happy medium. I always seem to get the extreme cases. Either women who have been in very bad relationships and have too many emotional scars or women who just want to constantly play the field and want a nice guy around to run crying to when they get hurt. Or the final group those women who are either more than a decade older than I am or very desperate.

I cant understand why I cant meet a nice ordinary woman just the extreme types.
 tony906
Msg: 116
Posted: 4/30/2007 9:47:07 PM
i'll say maybe im kind of shy, or i always got something to do im my time that wont let go out often to me people.
 PETEYQ
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2007 5:39:27 PM
Definately a little PICKY myself but i blame that on being older and more in tune with myself and knowing what i want......also my town ( TOLEDO,OHIO) was just rated as the 3rd worst city for hooking up with someone
 whothehellknows
Msg: 118
Posted: 5/1/2007 7:31:25 PM
When I go through the phases of not dating it normally can be attributed to a variety of reasons in no particular order...

- My sense of apathy is really high at the moment.

- Probably had a few really bad/trying/aggravating experiences in the preceding few weeks (which normally brings on apathy)

- Sort of broke (hey, it takes money to date and if the bills are piling up something has to give)

- Working odd hours
 Vancer
Msg: 119
Posted: 5/2/2007 9:12:29 PM
<-Still because of work.

/me drinks another pot of coffee
 youheartme
Msg: 120
Posted: 5/2/2007 9:26:03 PM
Dating hasn't worked for me. It only leaves me feeling worse about myself and about boyfriend prospects. I feel bad about myself on my own, I don't need any help.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2007 7:20:15 PM
1. A girl/woman is checking me out, but get very nervous when approaching her and blow it before even get a chance to speak to her.

2. Asked out 4 women in last 6 months, and all said "no". Left it at that. OK, 1 said she had a boyfriend of 3 years but that later turned out to be completely untrue, but hurt less than the "no", but I'm not going to even make up an excuse.

3. Now get nervous if someone seems to like me in case I blow it, so do nothing, so as not to look like a complete pratt (or lemming).

4. Got asked for sex from 4 women and all I want is to take someone out to dinner or a movie. Too fast for me. Like, 3 dates too fast. Need cerebral stimulation for sexual overstimulation.
 dgei
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2007 7:58:03 PM
some people on line just like to chat and email,a pen pal thing. its ok!
 Vancer
Msg: 123
Posted: 5/9/2007 8:02:53 PM
I'm just interested in making friends right now.
Dating is too much work after I've spent all day chopping wood in the sun.
/me strokes glistening musles
 youheartme
Msg: 124
Posted: 5/9/2007 11:46:58 PM
I'm not dating right now partly because of circumstance (nobody asked) and mostly because I don't even really know what I want right now. I don't want to mess it up.
 defaultname105
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2007 1:31:50 AM
i have detached myself from emotional part of life and think on 100% logic.
i want to date but i have no idea what to do
 scorpiomover
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2007 7:03:22 AM
To SomeonesX:

But the biggest reason was that most I've met expected to and wanted to jump into the sack and when I politely refused their "offers" SOME of them became insulting and a few just quickly exited so that they wouldn't be missing any important body part they may have unwisely decided to "show" me

I can insert WOMEN where it says men and that statement would be just as true.

To defaultname105:

It's dating, not computing. Switch off your brain and go with your feelings. If that doesn't work, switch off your brain. The nether regions will handle the rest.

To Pale Nerdy Girl:

Most of the time, when I do go out on a date, I tend to wish I'd just stayed home and read a book. So now I do just stay home and read a book.

Ever think of dating a book?
No? Well, if you're like me, you'd date a 200-year old writer.
Shame they're all digging up daisies.

Also, it's very rare for me to meet someone I'd like to date, let alone someone who also wants to date me.

I hope you don't say that on a date. Unless you're talking to Marilyn Manson, or the Fonz.

P.S. If you can't guess, I am known for being as sarcastic, polemic ( = argumentative), and off-the-wall as they come. Can't blame someone for not dating me. You have to have the tenacity of a Rhino, as sharp as a tack, unshockable, and you have to love to argue. For 14 hours straight. About the price of cheese. Or what's wrong with...The Bush Administration, The Design of the Space Shuttle, Modern Art, and every film ever made. Except for the fact that I never met a Summer Roberts, I could have sworn I was a cross between Weird Al Yankovic, Woody Allen, and Seth Cohen. There are others, like Yahoo Serious, but let's leave them for later.

Valium, anyone?
 lifesshort03
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2007 7:27:17 AM
I think the vast majority of people on dating sites have totally unrealistic expectations of online dating and don't really understand the nature of online dating. With these overblown expecations, they go in, find out that it's not it's cracked up to be and quicky become discouraged and disillusioned. Then they just bail out of the gig altogether.

Well, that's my reason at least.
 SourG
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2007 8:11:57 AM
Oh my. Nice thread.

1. Lady went out of her way to set up a meet. Am flattered. Walked into the coffee shop, buy her coffee. She chugs her drink. Says "You don't look anything like your cam image." Walks out, sticking me with the tab.

2. Shallow cows wanting the Fun Life. Stupid. Someone else writes their profile and their emails "to help them meet someone".

3. Posting old photographs. I think that's fraud. Then again, it's the only way they can meet someone.

4. Women bringing children, adult children, or boyfriends along for the first meet. Wanted me to pick up the tab "to show my commitment".

5. Misrepresentations of race. Having vitiglio pigmentosa does not change one from "African-American" to "Caucasian".

Those are the first five off the top of my head.

(sigh) I'm pretty sure that all the Good Ones (this goes for both genders) are long taken.

There was a study done a LONG time ago (go google for it) that if adults haven't found anyone by between 35 and 40 then it's at least 80% that they'll stay single for the rest of their lives.

I can hear the ..roar.. coming now. Ease up. Everything above goes for both genders, both ways.
 HRWild
Msg: 129
Posted: 5/10/2007 9:41:14 AM
I am not dating because I haven't met anyone who is interested in meeting and/or dating me.
 Fun_Jess
Msg: 130
Posted: 5/16/2007 9:08:18 PM
yeah thats probably true! It because I don't know where to meet people and I'm too shy to approach. Thats why the only people i'v ever dated i have met through a friend, sad eh???
 abrethoffreshair
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2007 9:43:32 AM
...the lack of willing accomplices.
 Vancer
Msg: 132
Posted: 5/17/2007 4:29:49 PM
I'm shy and often turn into a werewolf at the most embarrassing of moments.
So until I find that old man who promised to cure me of the lycanthropy I must withdraw from the dating scene.
Oh yeah, is very true. Every word.
 giggleparts
Msg: 133
Posted: 5/17/2007 5:10:27 PM
^^^ Wow, you too? I think that old man is full of shit... last I saw him, he was playing the spoons in a back alley.

OT: I'm pretty sure it's because I'm sad and pathetic... and crappy, but in a whimsical way. This allows me ample opportunities to showcase my horribleness to all on the great and powerful interweb...

the giggleparts - My brain has told me I have 3 more years and then after that, I'm screwed... my brain is evil and mean
 youheartme
Msg: 134
Posted: 5/17/2007 5:10:45 PM
HRWild...I completely understand where you're coming from! That's where I'm at.

I've opted to be open to dating if/when someone interesting comes along.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >