Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 stoneside
Msg: 2
Will You Leave?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
wow, I read the whole thing. lol
Ummm, if it's just a first meeting, keep it to simple plans.
 ~iiCe~
Msg: 10
Will You Leave?
Posted: 7/21/2006 2:22:43 PM
I am confused... just read about your Jaba date... do you have anything ever good to say about the women you meet???

Part of being "truthful" is stating "thanks for coming... but I am really not interested... good luck in your search...."

not everyone we meet is going to be what we perceived them to be... and there are times we won't be what they perceived us to be... that is the online risk...

so sad that people can be so rapped up in their own perfection that they disregard the feelings of others...

before meeting... get a full body pic... with her holding a paper with the current date written on it... this should decrease some of the issues you are having since it isn't about connecting with someone as much as how they will look with you...
 purplestardust101
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Will You Leave?
Posted: 7/21/2006 2:22:57 PM
"When will our consciences grow so tender that we will act to prevent human misery rather than avenge it?"
- Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm with Denise on this one...you could have prevented the whole scenario by just not going all out on a first meeting, those are suppossed to be very simple things to see if you like each other the same as on the phone or emails or IM's...I think it was a little rude of you to put it up on the forum's with her name and all...if she reads these, you just hurt someone's feeling's...and if you did go out camping etc...you should have asked her for help doing things if she had not the idea herself to help...and then in the kitchen, you could of said something like, "How about we both clean up the kitchen, you wash, I'll dry?" just my opinion tho...
~Micheline~
 Splinter
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Will You Leave?
Posted: 7/21/2006 2:35:15 PM
Have you ever heard of a meet and greet for an hour first before a date or even a date before you decide to spend the night together. Sorry but you left yourself open for this to happen.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 28
Will You Leave?
Posted: 7/21/2006 3:42:33 PM
Have you ever heard of a meet and greet for an hour first before a date or even a date before you decide to spend the night together. Sorry but you left yourself open for this to happen.

Holy. I won't commit to more than a coffee for a first meet. Ever.

The deal is that Les lived too far away to "meet". Wayne, Oh is two hours

Then you shouldn't have met her.

I have travelled 3 hours to meet people.....but being a woman, I didn't think my travel time and expense bought me anything besides a coffee.
 virgogidget
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Will You Leave?
Posted: 7/21/2006 4:34:32 PM
I always meet just for coffee on the first meeting
If its long distance both drive half way, as if one drives all the way to meet someone you feel you have to stick it out even if theres just nothing there. Ive been in that situation so i understand why u had to be polite and grit your teeth and bear it.But never meet at someones house unless its in a group setting for a chat meet bbq etc.I agree about the pics as well pics without focus or are at least 10 years old.I know in hindsight you would have done this differently but as long as we learn from our mistakes thats the main thing.I give you credit for seeing it though and if your post if correct, you handled it as a gentleman from what ive read. A forum is where we should be able to come and post without being attacked and you did this with lighthearted humour.Re Leslie if shes sitting there crying(even though shes not on this site) I think she should look within her self re her attitude and be more honest next time.NowAbout weight and looks be honest and upfront about it as thats who u are then the person can say, still would like to meet u or not. The next person might like the larger person and think they are wonderful, But if someone isnt upfront and honest from the start it puts the other person in a spot.I have answered this by the way i have read it and are my views only.I wish you all the best in your search. ps its good to be able to vent.Keep Smiling
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 33
Will You Leave?
Posted: 7/22/2006 3:17:48 PM
capn' ~ I think you're great....a little fragrant, but most of the time your posts overshadow your stench. I just have to say I'm deeply humored by your opinion on blurry photos, or photos not representative of "who" the person is....I mean, maybe I'm pointing out the obvious here ~ but your a dead fish!!!!! Hey ~ maybe that is what Les thought of the OP. HA....I made point without meaning to (or did I mean to???)
 jdtallfem
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Will You Leave?
Posted: 7/22/2006 3:55:09 PM
Well we all have dates from hell. The important thing is to keep them as brief as possible and not to make a weekender out of a blind date you don't want in your life. Perhaps you should write in your profile that you don't want anyone who's a BBW or anyone with a few extra pounds. That should help.
 cotter
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Will You Leave?
Posted: 7/22/2006 6:26:45 PM
@mysymstir ... Okay the story was rather funny, but I guess I don't understand why you'd ever agree to spend so much additional time with a woman that you had been speaking with for so long and that you were also aware of her "stupidity"?

Are you a glutton for punishment? Did you think the "stupidity" would turn into "smart" upon meeting her?
That was a funny story!

I once met a guy who lives in Hawaii who told me he let a woman fly over from another island to meet him. He says he honestly thought it would work out. He said he knew upon meeting her at the airport that there just wasn't any chemistry, but took her to lunch anyways. Then after lunch, he politely told her it wasn't going to work and asked her if she could catch the next flight out. She did!

My date from Hell was not from POF and he was drunk ... had already been drinking when we met for dinner and continued ... I just didn't realize how much he had been drinking. I also knew he was not going to have to drive home, so I was not concerned. We had met at a well-known popular restaurant that had a motel right behind it and he had taken a room since he lived over an hour away.

The second half of the date was at the dinner location, and it involved me being allowed to sing some Karaoke ... he promised he didn't want to participate ... would be happy just listening.

Turns out, he wanted to dance with me too. That would have been okay except I wasn't into his type of dancing and after a couple of troubled tries ... I told him I'd rather not. That didn't stop him. He just started carousing the place and flirting with all the other females in there and pulling them up to dance. The whole time, just drinking more and more ... rather non-stop.

After a while, I stood up and gathered my things and when it was apparent I was about to leave, he asked if I could go back to his room with him. I told him I had to go home and let my dog out ... she was waiting for me. I really did have a dog at the time and she really was waiting for me.

He was really mad and the next day when he got home he wrote me an email telling me what a nasty b*t** I was.

I guess I am a party pooper at times! Oh well ... too bad!
 Billbug
Msg: 43
Will You Leave?
Posted: 7/22/2006 6:57:38 PM
So when's the wedding ??

But seriously, I don't blame you one bit. I once drove over 12 hrs interstate to see someone at her request. Not only did she look nothing like her profile picture but also weighed more than me. A big shock to the system considering the fact that I couldn't just hop in my car and drive back home.

I think that a lot of people are overlooking the issue of honesty here. Who was not honest to start with by posting a false profile pic? Not the OP... He went out of his way to be courteous, while she enjoyed herself at his expense, he even gave her fuel money. I wouldn't call that losing out exactly. I wasn't so lucky.
 crystalise
Msg: 46
Will You Leave?
Posted: 7/23/2006 1:54:15 AM
Thats what you get for inviting someone back to your apartment on a first meeting orarranging a weekend trip before even meeting them. Its hard to tell from that post You dont say when or who bought up the idea of spenind a weekend together. Yep, chalk it up to experience
 treemanbdj
Msg: 51
Will You Leave?
Posted: 7/23/2006 6:41:05 AM
Should have been deleted for reasons of a PITY THREAD.

Read the whole STORY, most of the post (Especially theones who I enjoy their intellgent inputs in the pond regularly)

Guy, you write your profile dissainfully (and story/post) towards the American Redneck, Then you orchestrate a fish meeting/date/wekend as such..

To compound the "pity" aspect you return to post nearly 30% of the thread.

As you are at a lost for your social engineering skills, check with a local community college for a class or two. Just a thought.

Be glad Les is not vindictive with your arogant level. A simple "Hey, Mr Office that fish touched my kid" and you'd find yourself a Parole Officer, faster then you can say....

.........."What, 2 packs of cigarettes for sex????given or recieving??""

Good luck, and the story was rather funny. Funny enough I might read it again.

BDJ
 canyunflyer
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Will You Leave?
Posted: 7/26/2006 1:58:36 AM
you were intoxicated when you met her. End of story! Lay off the booze!!! Quit blaming her.
 txnluver
Msg: 64
Will You Leave?
Posted: 8/1/2006 2:23:13 PM
Dude I couldn't read any more of that. It is clear there wasn't a match there from the start. better luck next time. Might I add this suggestion meet somewhere neutral on the first meetings and spend the money on a room. Lessons learned and have a over it.
 txnluver
Msg: 65
Will You Leave?
Posted: 8/1/2006 2:28:55 PM
he does sound rather weak. Do you really think after reading this they are banging down his door. I have a and a
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >