Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Tossed_Salad
Msg: 105
Girls, here are some tips written by a guy (me) to show you how to spot phonies/scumbagsPage 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
maybe the WORST players are thsoe who POSE as "helpful" player-spotters?

(he wants to "help" you avoid ALL those other bad, bad men, and focus only on HIM>?!>?!> )

kpooks
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Girls, here are some tips written by a guy (me) to show you how to spot phonies/scumbags
Posted: 7/26/2009 9:48:18 AM
"Real men" everywhere are thanking you (I'm being sarcastic).

Rather than focusing on the negative, why doesn't the OP tell all the ladies why they should want HIM? Since he's eliminated any hint of sexuality, why the hell else would a woman want to hang with him? Good negative analysis?
 Vincent_1984
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Girls, here are some tips written by a guy (me) to show you how to spot phonies/scumbags
Posted: 7/29/2009 6:50:28 AM
I have to spend so much energy trying to convince a girl im not after sex and that I really do respect a girls feelings and choices
How about just spending that energy trying to explain that the two aren't mutually exclusive.

It gets frustrating because I completely blaim these weirdo jerk guys for ruining it.
Yes, a woman that dates a jerk may have a lowered image of the entire male gender as a result, it's not right but it happens. You know what makes it worst though? False negative stereotyping such as: "90% of the guys here are immature, sex crazed losers who couldnt even hold a candle to a REAL man, let alone talk to a girl."

Real guys don't want sex at first because they don't want a girl to give it up so easily. They want someone who they can know first, talk with, spend a little quality time with, and then when you are into the relationship and decide thats what you want, you can get as kinky as you want.
Ok, first of all, men shouldn't be imposing value on how easily women "give it up"(as if women didn't want it too). You do not own these women, they have their own needs and, if they like to have a lot of sex, that's their prerogatives.

Also, what's up with number 7 being a direct contradiction to number 1. If a women takes pictures of her physical assets, she's cute and sweet but if a guy does it he's a douchebag?!
 kuddlekitty
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Thanks for the tips
Posted: 7/30/2009 7:35:34 AM
I think it was a great post and was written with good intent. And, unless you're a female you can't assume that the OP wasn't correct.
There ARE a lot of players, there ARE some telltale signs...but, like all stereotypes or assumptions, it's not always the case. I think the behavior you described is spot on, but the guys can be the opposite of the physical/intellecutal type you depicted.
Here's an example. Just yesterday, within the first three minutes, literally, of speaking to a guy I'd never spoken to before, he asked me if I wore thigh-highs. Instead of smashing the phone down, I just asked him if he thought that question was cool to ask someone he didn't know. His answer? "Yeah, I know "thousands" of girls who wouldn't think there was anything wrong with that question."
The irony, OP, is this guy doesn't fit the stereotype. He's not a muscle-head, he's very eductated, a business professional, and an arrogant prick.
So, your post was great; your intention is appreciated, I think you're on the money in a lot of what you said...but unfortunately these "types" of guys are wrapped in all different poses...
And, for the women who don't think there's anything wrong with the question, or the guys who think that question's cool too...LOL...cool. If that's the "footing" (sorta pun intended) you want to start off on...then that's fine. To me, there's a difference between flirting with someone you don't know and asking questions that convey an entirely different vibe...
 Wyatt Earp1
Msg: 118
Posted: 7/30/2009 3:28:48 PM
codex1977(d2240029) on 7/21/2006 821 PM

Subject: Girls, here are some tips written by a guy (me) to show you how to spot phonies/scumbags
Message: Also, if you profess a dark, inveterate desire to eat firstborns after an elaborate ritual, then it may be a no-go. Posting pics of you in the act, although interesting in some craven circles, may only worsen matters.
==========================================================

Wearing capes and going "koo koo ca do! I am the Walrus" is another hint. Anyone frothing from the mouth, too thirsty (meds do that) or has a metal Pirate claw (you don't know where that "hand" has been!) also might be unwanted men.

Let's not forget men with two p enises, men with excessive hair in ears, Men from Mars, Men escaped from Mars, Men who really belong on Venus, and the worst of the worst-men who speak better *gasp* than women! Oh the horror, the horror...

Ladies watch out for men who act like men and only date men who act like women...?
 kuddlekitty
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2009 4:52:24 PM
The OP is gone...
But the "warning" remains the same...
:)
 calypsoct
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Thanks for the tips
Posted: 8/14/2009 6:14:19 PM
Evansp - I'm sorry but if a girl has two brain cells to rub together, she knows all your "tips" already, and also a bunch you havent' listed.

In all honesty - the fact you took the time to write an elaborate post dissing other guys on the site makes you look insecure and frankly very unattractive. . You don't raise yourself up by putting others down. Be yourself, and dont' worry about the other guys out there.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >