Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bob0colo
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Who Is going to be the next US President?Page 2 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)
i guess it takes an idiot to spot an idiot. yes if the shoe fits wear it..just what in the hell do you know about our country. hilary will get dropped to her knees just like she did on her wedding night.

Mrs Clinton kicked Neo Hero Rummies a$$ ...I think she has more stuff than you realize. Maybe you should learn a little about her. Google might give you some back ground.
 bob0colo
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Who Is going to be the next US President?
Posted: 8/5/2006 3:32:00 PM
I'd love to see the Russ Feingold/Richard J. Durbin ticket in the next race.

Big problem.......

they both have principles, integrity and courage. Not a chance.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 176
Posted: 8/5/2006 3:40:17 PM
As an outsider I'm seeing a measure of outrage I've never seen before. So I'm not so sure a Fiengold ticket is out of the question. Hillary Clinton has been courting the right so much that she may have positioned herself out of the race.
Whoever wins the next election will do it by campaigning against Bush, as we are seeing even Republican candidates doing in close races during the midterms. There are Republicans like McCain that can run against the current administration, but if they nominate another Bush it'll be a landslide.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 179
Posted: 8/5/2006 10:06:43 PM
Frankly ever since 1960 the most telegenic candidate has won every election. Nixon was bad on TV, but both Humphrey and McGovern were worse. Dukakis lost when he was standing beside Bush Sr. and had to look up to his neck. Republicans should run Bruce Willis; Democrats should run Tom Hanks.
 bob0colo
Msg: 183
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2006 10:34:59 PM
The country simply isn't ready for strong presidential candidates. We're too caught up with who's wife looks better and who's better dressed! Oh the disgust!

Not whos wife has better legs....or.... Husband has better hair...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Half a billion dollars will be spent.............

What does the President make a year, add the Vice to it

"Oh the disgust!"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>from a very bad TV show

rev dude that was a good show....

JohnnyPopper
Msg: 185
Posted: 8/5/2006 11:11:15 PM
ANY ONE BUT HILLARY "ROTTEN" CLINTOON, Arnold would be nice but, it'is too bad he ain't a "Born in the USA citizen" :o(
Too bad GWBush can't run again.. Then I would have voted 3 times against the freakin' LOSER.. Kerry sux and I am a 'Nam VET... How about JANET RENO?? We wouldn't have to worry about any hanky panky in the White House 'cause she's so FUGLY!!! Stormin' Norman Schwarzkopf would be a great choice to have as President of these here "United" States? McCain ain't so bad neither.. OR someone that would pass a law makin' it mandatory for EVERYONE ('Cept convicted Felons) to CCW so the criminals would think twice before tryin' to rape, murder, or rob anyone at all!! Whoever does get elected or buys their way in, I'd probably go to Mexico instead of Canada anyway.. lol
 msquared
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2006 8:48:20 AM

As for "Mrs. Clinton," if she runs, I'm moving to Canada.

As much as Canada would welcome you, the United States is badly in need of people such as yourself. Please keep fighting the good fight.

And there you have it. The reason women should not be allow to vote.

Hmm, I do believe I detect the looming possibility of suspension...
 bob0colo
Msg: 190
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2006 9:36:39 AM
I have a better suggestion. How about the Bill Maher/ George Carlin ticket?

I like that.

Carlin is in touch with reality. I would prefer Letterman. Paul could be sec. state
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 194
Posted: 8/6/2006 4:01:17 PM
Dukakis lost because of the picture in the tank, with his helmet on, loser that he was, and the Willie Horton story.

Agreed. But the Willie Horton story wouldn't have had an impact if people thought he looked Presidential. His Republican predecessor actually was in charge when Horton got out, so it's just a matter of people looking for a reason not to vote for him.
 DeagleNINja
Msg: 203
Posted: 8/8/2006 11:37:43 AM
HILLARY CLINTON PWNZ JOO ALL!!!

WHERE WILL YOU BE WHEN HILLARY 'THE HAMMER' CLINTON TURNS CONTENDERS INTO PRETENDERS, SWEEPING THE WHITE HOUSE BY STORM AND BECOMING THE FIRST FEMALE PREZ???

DON'T HATE HER CAUSE SHE'S A WOMAN AND SMARTER THAN YOU!
 DeagleNINja
Msg: 206
Posted: 8/8/2006 12:56:25 PM
A Hillary/Obama ticket would be sweet!
If we are going to vote in the first female president we might as well elect our first black VP at the same time dontcha think? He would also be a fabulous successor to the presidency wheither he were elected or not, the Dems need more charismatic, intelligent straight shooters like Obama.

And yes Hillary CAN win a general election. Everyone seems to assume that she would lose EVERY southern state, but that's absurd. The south wasn't nearly the 'gimme' to the GOP that most believe. Bush had some very narrow margins in a lot of southern states. A female canidate could very well make the difference. Unfortunately there are a LOT of southern (and midwestern) women who have no beliefs of their own politically, they just mime their husbands.

People will say they are ready for a woman President but when the curtain closes in the voting booth, most will chicken out.

And that's the beauty of privately voting!
I dare say a good 10% of women who publically claim to hate Hillary (cause their husband does) will make the right call when the curtain closes.
 DeagleNINja
Msg: 210
Posted: 8/8/2006 2:20:41 PM
Yes yes yes, we all know some people hate Hillary.
But what I STILL haven't heard is a good reason why???

chitownleo- her stance has always been the following....
(1) Pro-choice: but like most americans has strong reservations on women having abortions past a certain time frame.
(2) Iraq War: voted to authorize the President's use of force in Iraq to achieve his stated goals at the time (eliminate Al-Queda cells and prevent Saddam from building nuclear weapons). We all know that these goals no longer exist. There were no nuclear bombs being developed in Iraq and Iraq as a nation had nothing to do with 9/11. Like many of us she feels lied to and manipulated by the misuse of presidential power. You can't hold it against her that Bush lied to America can you?
(3) Social Security: the only comment I've heard her make on this is that Americans should have the option to choose privatized accounts and that they shouldn't be forced on all Americans as an alternative.

further more, she and her husband think that they're slick and invincible. I have news for them: they are not! They think they're "in" with the women and minorities and I don't like any politician taking my female, minority vote for granted.

This sounds to me like your opinion of them, not anything based in fact. Clinton did more for minorities and women's rights than any US president in recent history. In the immortal words of that old lady in the Wendy's commercials....where's the beef?
 canyunflyer
Msg: 214
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2006 3:51:03 PM
Well, if someone is going to suggest an Opra Winfrey..... then I am going to suggest a Bill O'reilly!! ha ha!

for all of you Liberals who think you are smelling blood in the water, and are beginning to slobber..... I would suggest, don't savor your meal too much, just yet! Hee.

In some respects, I would welcome a democrat administration again, just to remeind everybody that they won't do a damn bit better at running the world than the present folks are.
 dogar2007
Msg: 228
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2006 9:14:20 PM
I think Edwards' "Two Americas" message will play well on the economic front, and a "start withdrawing and let Iraqis handle their own country" will play well, for him, too. The hawks like Hillary Clinton better, but she carries a LOT of baggage, especially on her husband (making her a JOKE, not very presidential) and on Iraq.

Edwards' lack of foreign policy experience at this point in our history means he would need a running mate with credibility on that front.

The Dem's worst possible choices: Hillary, Gore, Kerry, and anybody who can't appeal to good ole boy Southerners.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 235
Posted: 8/10/2006 11:19:54 PM
Populists tend to be more corrupt than other politicians. Huey Long, "Pappy" Doyle, Mayor Daley, and in my country Duplessis, and Grant Devine were populists. They can do great things, but they have a tendency to steal evrything they can.
 EpisodeIV
Msg: 245
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2007 4:04:59 AM
Right now I'm hoping Obama floats to the top. Looks like he is making good progress in that regard.

Hillary would certainly be much better by a long shot than any of the repubs. However I see her as more "old school" as much as most others in the ring and we really need someone fresh. That Hillary seems to polarize people, much like the current IiO, is problematic. I can only hope people have had enough of that from the past eight years to seriously look at all candidates regardless of party.

I can't help but wonder how different things might be if, as in the distant past, the candidate with the most votes got prez. The candidate with the second most got v.p. The U.S. would be much better off today if had been shrub-Gore in '00. Or would that be Gore-shrub? Hahahahaha!
 SaintElsewhere
Msg: 247
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2007 3:54:00 PM
I'd like to see an Obama vs McCain ticket. I think Obama has the kind of gravitas and bearing that can save the democratic party, which is in tatters. Clinton will lose if she runs in the national. She's the same kind of democrat that has lost the election for us the past two times. Except without the charm. People just love to hate her.

When McCain runs, we democrats can call up our own version of the swift boat campaign and use his war record against him. You know, take a page out of the Karl Rove handbook and turn a war hero into a traitor. If only one our democratic candidates was a coke sniffing good old boy who dodged serving in the National Guard, then we'd really have something to work with.
 sykoben
Msg: 249
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2007 6:30:45 PM
Ron Paul seems like a nice guy, why dont you elect him to be your president.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  >