Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 designingwoman
Msg: 520
view profile
History
Who Is going to be the next US President?Page 20 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)
Ron Paul's desire for the US to get out of the UN is ridiculous. The UN serves a purpose, and we should not pull out of something that attempts to bring about global unity. The UN also provides relief for people who are suffering, and important peacekeeping functions. Like one poster said, Ron Paul is beating a dead horse.

Obama is the best man for the job because he can work toward more global unity. He has had experience living overseas and can appreciate different cultures. He is the leader most likely to make the world more peaceful. Sens. McCain and Clinton are too blustery and more likely to be warmongers, something that we just don't need.

Obama '08!!!!
 OneBlend
Msg: 521
view profile
History
Who Is going to be the next US President?
Posted: 3/16/2008 6:19:03 PM

The UN serves a purpose, and we should not pull out of something that attempts to bring about global unity. The UN also provides relief for people who are suffering, and important peacekeeping functions.

Sorry hun, the globalist agenda is what's threatening our sovereignty. It's okay if you don't see it yet.
The UN has no business drafting a constitution for Iraq, nor any business having say over our land. It's okay if you don't see it yet.

What started out as an humanitarian organization is a wee bit larger and has more tenacles then you think. But again, it's okay if you don't see it yet.
 OneBlend
Msg: 526
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2008 4:39:15 AM

So you reject them because you belive them to be thirsty for pillaging other nations? Any other reasons?

I was referring to the pillaging of this country. We are in a crisis mode and there are way too many people out there that have yet to realize it. I'm not fond of politicians that aren't addressing the critical issues of THIS country and prefer to keep us in the dark.

As far as the poster who believes the UN is such a wonderful humanitarian and peace keeping force, they have done nothing to make a difference or aid the people in Iraq, which according to todays news have little or no clean water, nor healthcare. It was said it's the WORSE it's ever been in decades in Iraq. They can thank the neo-con globalists for this mass genocide and destruction. These innocent people were never a threat to us. I suppose we are just beginning to reap what we soe.

MLK said it best:
“Don’t let anybody make you think that GOD chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort-of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems I can hear GOD saying to America, YOU’RE TOO ARROGANT. If you don’t change your ways I will rise up and break the backbone of your power. — and I’ll place it in the hands of a nation that doesn’t even know my name."
 designingwoman
Msg: 531
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2008 6:33:48 PM
No. DON"T go with Hillary. She will NOT make the best president. Obama is a good, honest man who can get the job done. Some of our greatest presidents did not have alot of elective "experience": Abraham Lincoln, Harry Truman and Dwight Eisenhower. Neither McCain nor Hilary have the ability to control their emotions or do the job justice.

GO OBAMA!!!!
 designingwoman
Msg: 533
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2008 11:15:13 AM
Hillary grew up rich so she has NO clue about what the poor and middle class go through on a daily basis. I would not take anything she says seriously about issues that affect the poor and middle class. Voting for Shrillary is like voting Republican.

Obama on the other hand has experience working as a community organizer and has had direct experience working with the poor.
 OneBlend
Msg: 538
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2008 6:12:19 PM

Its either Ron Paul or lets just say Bush is in office for another 4!

Well, I believe Ron Paul will not see presidency at this point. Too many people are unconcerned or unread about our sovereignty being sold out by the globalist idealists who are pushing to destroy our Constitution and Bill of Rights.
Nafta apparently hasn't hurt our economy enough. Youwould think people would take notice on Cafta, Globalization Tax, Council of Foreign Relations, Federal Reserve, IRS, largely unaccountable forces in Washington, quasi-governmental international bodies of power making decisions about American land use (UN), and oh, lets not forget this one:

COSCO [China Ocean Shipping Company] has, since the signing of an EXECUTIVE ORDER by President Benedict Bill Clinton in January of 1998, has taken over and totally controls the former U.S. Naval Port Facilities at Long Beach, California. This port is the largest container port on the West coast of North America and is a major conduit through with our technology is being transferred to China.

What most people DON'T KNOW is the fact that COSCO is 100% owned by the PLA-the People's Liberation Army of Red China [the Red Chinese Army] . COSCO has other facilities up and down both the West and East coasts of the U.S. and the Gulf Coast along with the newest port facility that they have at Freeport,The Bahamas,which is the largest container port in the World.

COSCO is intimately linked with the WAMPOA-HUTCHINSON GROUP of Hong Kong which is 100% owned by Li Kai Sheng,of the very powerful LI family of China [top Illuminati bloodline in China], Kai Sheng is a very close associate of Chinese President Zhao Zemin.

The WAMPOA-HUTCHINSON GROUP controls the PANAMA CANAL and is linked to the PLA like a Siamese Twin.This is a main reason WHY OUR COUNTRY is in such deep peril-at the hands of our TRAITOROUS Politicians, Democrat or Republican notwithstanding.

Tim White, Viet Nam Vet/Concern Citizen

And WTF???

Red China in California
The Encroachment of COSCO
by David Blalock

By now it should be no surprise that the Clinton administration and Red China have similar interests, enhanced by the Chinese monies donated to Clinton and Gore for the last election campaign. It still amazes that very little actually appears in the American press about this ongoing issue, but that is another story.

In 1998, under the recommendations of Senator James Inhofe (R-Oklahoma) and Congressman Duncan Hunter (R-California), special legislation was passed to prevent the China Ocean Shipping Company (COSCO), a front for the Red Chinese government's espionage machine overseas, from taking over the abandoned Long Beach Naval Station in southern California. This takeover of American soil by a Chinese intelligence front was sanctioned and encouraged by the Clinton administration. COSCO, foiled with that attempt, has now set its sights on gaining a "private berth" in the Port of Long Beach itself. This will protect the company from public scrutiny and, in effect, isolate it from U.S. authority. COSCO already uses Pier J at the Port of Long Beach.

COSCO is also established in the Panama Canal Zone, having gained a significant foothold on the North American continent without resistance. The Panamanian government, starved for money and unable to depend on U.S. support even after the ouster of Manuel Noriega, turned to the nearest source of funds, Red China, to rebuild its infrastructure after Operation Just Cause. The Clinton Administration, by ignoring Panama's needs, insured the installation of a hostile government's intelligence agency in Central America.

In the years we call "after the Cold War" there is a colder war ongoing, a war of the subliminal. COSCO has been connected to the supply of AK-47s to Los Angeles street gangs. The Clinton administration views China not only as a political supporter, but as a customer for political and economic favor. Meanwhile, the last bastion of democratic interest in the Chinese theater, Taiwan, is left out to dry.

It's time the American people stopped taking it for granted that the American media is giving them the full picture, especially concerning global political manuevering. China is a real threat to Europe and the Americas. This is obvious from their recent saber-rattling at Taiwan and their aggressive moves to establish themselves physical presences on the North and South American continents. Get informed. Wake up.
For further reading:
On the proliferation of Red Chinese influence in America and overseas (The Cox Report) (http://www.house.gov/coxreport)

Oh well ... no big deal I suppose. ....... I've heard it's time for a change so much but haven't heard any of the three contenders addressing the issues above. I wonder why? Hmmmmmm
 mr.amoree
Msg: 543
Posted: 3/22/2008 8:53:06 AM
I AM GOING TO BE THE NEXT PRESIDENT.

My Platform....
1. build a Wall from brownsville texas to an eighth mile out to sea at the san diego border. enforce it with lethal protection. find and return as many illegals as possible to mexico.

2. repeal nafta and reward american companies who stay here. punish those who have left.

3. make an absolute commitment to change over to alternate energy sources using 100% of the governments resources available. priority #1.

4. bring our troops home from iraq within a years time making sure the iraqi gov't can handle the sure to be serge from al-quaida that will come with our departure. help the iraqi gov't with financial incentives.

5. institute the fair tax and eliminate the IRS.

6. if possible eliminate the long time period and many delays in the death penalty. death within 5 years of conviction.

7. elect president by popular vote.

8. create incentives to reward hard work. eliminate entitlements except in certain instances such as autism for one.

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF MY PLATFORM????
 Mirage111
Msg: 544
Posted: 3/22/2008 8:56:52 AM
I am Canadian but I have been watching the runners of the us presidency. I will point out that Obama has been the only one that logically and reasonably states his opinion in a sane manner on the war in iraq. The amount of blood shed and money in support of more blood shed. He stated it will take some time to pull out. The other canidates, Clinton and McCain....well if you are watching you will know what they have said.

it truly is madness, the human mind at its most mad state.
 Mirage111
Msg: 545
Posted: 3/22/2008 9:02:30 AM
In response to Clinton being president perhaps amy eisenhouwer should have ran for president. Clinton stated she has experiance over obama and has been to 150 different countries etc, well so have most travel agents...just my take on things.
 Mirage111
Msg: 547
Posted: 3/22/2008 10:27:07 AM
I have duo citizenship.....good thing.
 designingwoman
Msg: 549
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2008 11:20:49 AM
I don't agree with Mr Amoree's "platform". Most of it is illogical and impractical to say the least. The rabid desire for the death penalty was the worst point of it all. (thumbs down!!) To be fair, I DO agree with the line about bringing our troops home from Iraq.

Anyway, good news! Gov. Bill Richardson endorsed Obama in an outstanding speech. I agree with Richardson that Obama "will make an outstanding commander in chief." As one poster said, he's the only candidate giving rational and logical reasoning behind his stands on the issues.

GO OBAMA!!
 designingwoman
Msg: 551
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2008 11:57:14 AM
The tax issue one was one of the most unrealistic points on your post. It is unrealistic to eliminate the IRS.

I do agree with rewarding companies that keep jobs here. I would go further and criminalize outsourcing, giving companies only a certain number of days to bring the jobs home, or the head honchos go to prison for treason.
 mr.amoree
Msg: 553
Posted: 3/22/2008 7:33:18 PM
thanks for your support sckoul.
everything i stated a few posts up is plausible and possible.

the fair tax is the easiest to impliment. no more threats of losing your home or business. you only pay a tax on those items you buy/consume. you buy a box of cereal and you are taxed and that money goes to pay for EVERYTHING. roads, bridges, military, health care, fbi, congress EVERYTHING.

you get 100% of your paycheck, every last dime you earned is on your paycheck for you to cash and use. no more accountants. no more IRS. NO MORE CHEATING. everyone, even corporations and government pay the tax. that's why it's called the fair tax.

i'm very electable except for the ultra left wing liberals like designing woman.
 OneBlend
Msg: 555
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2008 12:18:59 AM
@ Mr. Amoree and Schoul. I agree. It's obvious isn't it?
Here's what Ron Paul was up against ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zsr0UpVjoE&eurl=http://www.dailypaul.com/

I don't agree with Mr Amoree's "platform". Most of it is illogical and impractical to say the least.

Please explain why you think so.

The rabid desire for the death penalty was the worst point of it all. (thumbs down!!)

Would you think differently if you had a child that was brutally sexually assaulted and barbarically murdered? Or do you believe this TYPE of conscience-lacking monster deserves to be spared at taxpayer expense? Or are you saying absolutely NO crime, regardless how barbaric, warrants it?

Anyway, good news! Gov. Bill Richardson endorsed Obama in an outstanding speech.

And that means what?

I agree with Richardson that Obama "will make an outstanding commander in chief." As one poster said, he's the only candidate giving rational and logical reasoning behind his stands on the issues.

Besides "universal" healthcare and pulling out of Iraq within a designated timeframe, what are his stances on NAFTA, CAFTA, Globalization, Globalization Tax, The Real ID, Israel, Second Amendment, Bill of Rights, the monopoly of the Fed Reserve, SPP, NAU and IRS. Please do not hesitate to enlighten us in detail on all of his stances on THE ABOVE issues. We'd really like to know as there are many of us who could possibly vote for him if we only knew the answers. Thank you.
 mr.amoree
Msg: 557
Posted: 3/23/2008 7:42:10 AM
thanks oneblend,
since everyone pays the exact same amount of tax through their spending, the tax burden is the same for everyone.
here's the good part....
YOU CONTROL HOW MUCH YOU WANT TO SPEND!
therefore you get to decide what you can afford.
you get your whole entire paycheck. if you work 10 hours for $10 per hour your paycheck and your take home pay is $100. then you decide what you want to pay for.

in regards to my death penalty rule of 5 years on death row and then the needle...
today it is not uncommon for the murderer on death row to OUTLIVE the victim's family members!!!!! at taxpayer expense. they get medical and dental too!!! many victim's family's don't have that!

i'm mr. amoree and my platform is solid and good!!!! please elect me!!!!
 OneBlend
Msg: 558
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2008 9:39:40 AM

i'm mr. amoree and my platform is solid and good!!!! please elect me!!!!

First we have to establish a system of fair elections where EVERY candidate has the right to be on the final ballot (regardless of first-time-around popularity), and then, see that individual votes actually count. Prior to that we'd have to inject a REAL democracy, restore the Constitution and rid ourselves of the monopolies that have us enslaved for their interests and gains.
I simply cannot believe, nor trust, any candidate that deliberatly avoids addressing critical issues that informed persons keep asking them about. Silence and secrecy does not promote protecting the interests of the people.

I'm not quite sure what you'd call our system right now ... other than a S.A.P. S. government. (S.A.P. S.= Simply About Profiteers and Scoundrels )
 OneBlend
Msg: 561
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2008 7:17:22 PM

I don't think there is a chance that Dumb Woman will be your VP. How about oneblend or me? If I had my way I would kick all those old men out and get some young blood in there starting with Ted Kennedy.

Thanks, Sassy, but I'm obligated to Ron Paul. I like em older and wiser so I'd like to keep Ron Paul around for as long as he desires. No apathy here. I'd also like to see Mike Gravel as his VP choice...wow, two grumpy old men, but wise ones and honest ones.

no way! Joe L can't make up his mind whether he is a Dem. or a Rep.

Sassy, You first need to understand this .. there is no such thing as Dems or Reps. They are one party that the elites control. If you really think about all things created to keep people divided, this is just another ploy. So when you look at a candidate, look beyond the partisan ploy and vote the issues, what you know is true and a candidate who puts his azz on the line for the sake of honesty and your best interests.

No offense Mr. Amore - come back in four years if this place is still called America, not The North American Union.

Hey Sckoul, what's that saying? "Once you go Ron Paul you don't go back?"

*** Don't shoot the messenger ***
 designingwoman
Msg: 563
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2008 11:03:23 AM
Bobby and JFK would be PROUD of their relatives endorsing Obama!!!!
 mr.amoree
Msg: 568
Posted: 3/28/2008 9:38:07 PM
thanks sckoul and one blend.... i like the idea of the ditch but new orleans should rebuild on higher ground. it's gonna get dunked a gain some day.

maybe with the obama and hillary deserters voting for mccain he can win!

how about ron paul for VEEP?

designing woman don't forget ... the OTHER kennedy's endorsed hillary.

i did get a chance to meet caroline kennedy when she came to town. i was VERY surprised at her speaking abilities (poor), limp handshake and robotic manner plus she's so skinny if you turned her sideways she would disappear. took after her mother obviously.
 designingwoman
Msg: 569
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2008 7:28:27 PM
I don't care what Kennedy's endorsed who, I can think for myself. Shrillary is a liar who will do nothing to help the Democratic Party this Fall. She should drop out, and allow the Dems to move forward, unified behind Obama so that we can defeat the crazed warmonger McPain in the Neck!
 designingwoman
Msg: 575
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2008 6:15:08 PM
Thank you Bluesman for a great post. Obama will make it and do a wonderful job. I like your comment about McInsane changing his mind more often than people change their underwear McInsane and Shrillary are both full of the stuff you find in a dirty diaper

Cheers

If he does go for a Republican veep, maybe Sen. Snowe from Maine or Sen Chuck Hagel of Nebraska will get the nod. Sen. Hagel has spoken out against dragging out the Iraq war.

A Democratic veep: I say that Sen. Webb from Virginia would make a good choice.
 designingwoman
Msg: 582
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2008 9:02:58 PM
Well said Bluesman

I especially agree with taxing the hell out of companies that outsource, and I would like to add Big Oil to the list for price gouging

We also need to get rid of our private health insurance industry and go for a single payer, national health care system as outlined in HR 676. Greed should not be a part of the health care equation.

A war crimes tribunal should be convened against Bushboy and its minions.

Reregulate banking, and put a stop to banks giving the rich special breaks while giving the poor the shaft by charging the poor fees for being below a minimum balance.
 designingwoman
Msg: 590
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2008 2:14:46 PM
A man who votes against SCHIP and veterans' programs can't be called compassionate. McCain is not the kind of guy I want in the White House.
 4dutyandhumanity
Msg: 594
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2008 6:21:06 PM

No more preemptive wars, (especially against those who attack the US first)

What country do you mean - certainly not Iraq.

I'm surprised you didn't mention Bill Clinton's despicable infidelity, and W's far superior family values. Or as a married man on PoF soliciting women for a particular sex act, are family values less important to than the typical Bush supporter?
 4dutyandhumanity
Msg: 597
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2008 7:11:00 PM

Pre-emptive war? Didn't Bill Clinton bomb Iraq in 1998? wouldn't that be considered going to war? or just bombing weapons of mass destruction. Anyway..

Clinton bombed Iraq for violations of the agreement that ended the first Iraq war. He also sent a cruise missile into Afghanistan, attempting to kill Osama bin Laden. Certainly both hostile acts, but far short of invading and occupying a country, at a cost of thousands of lives and a Trillion + dollars.

There hasn't been a tax increase in years, but you're being impoverished right now by policies of your government, specifically large federal deficits and Wall St bailouts that have sent the dollar into decline. Paying more for gas? It isn't supply and demand, unless you mean supply and demand for the $.

As to national security: we currently spend more on our military than the rest of the world *combined*. This is a great welfare policy for defense contractors, but ironically will make us weaker in the long term. You can't have a strong economy with so unsustainable a level of military spending. Weak economy, weak nation.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  >