Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kissmesilly
Msg: 350
view profile
History
Who Is going to be the next US President?Page 4 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)
Just an opinion here..
With the current disslike of Bush and the war, does anyone really think another republican is going to be voted in at this time ???
Not sure I care either way...I don't trust any polititian to do what they say when trying to get into office.....Its all " VOTE FOR ME " @ss kissing at this point.
3 years from now they will have doubled back on 90% of what they promised, and will be doing whatever the highest bidder is paying them to do.
But then....what do I know.
 OneBlend
Msg: 351
view profile
History
Who Is going to be the next US President?
Posted: 1/15/2008 4:47:18 PM
And so I am posting this everywhere .. there are 9 videos in this set, watch and learn.
The president will be ....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzPXer7946E
 pappy009
Msg: 356
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2008 6:08:46 AM
Does it really matter who wins as compared to HOW they win. Have you forgotten all the scandal of the elections in the past two elections. That would be more of a concern than who won, because theres not a nickels bit a difference in any of it. Do Boys/Girls for the rich.
 Lucky Me!
Msg: 368
Posted: 2/7/2008 7:34:24 PM
OBAMA

YES WE CAN!
 ImaBrunette
Msg: 369
Posted: 2/7/2008 7:41:00 PM
I agree with 'Lucky me"

OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA

YES WE Can! YES WE Can! YES WE Can! YES WE Can! YES WE Can! YES WE Can!

YES WE Can!

Go to the caucus this Saturday and vote that is the only way you VOTE will count
1pm
 bob0colo
Msg: 384
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2008 1:02:30 PM
Voter turn out 76% more Dem voters than GOP. nationwide.

This may be as historic a sweep as ever seen.

If GOP voters don't show because of McCain?
 designingwoman
Msg: 437
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2008 4:14:09 PM
Little Audrey, excellent posts as always. The more I read and learn about Sen. Obama, the more I believe he will become President Obama, and restore integrity to the White House. I don't care about his supposed "experience". Character and integrity mean so much more to me, as does common sense. Shrillary and McCain are sorely lacking in those three categories and would be more of the same, which would further hurt our relations with the rest of the world. Obama has what it takes to make this nation better for everyone, and will help improve our image around the globe.

GO OBAMA!!!!
 TEXASBANDIT
Msg: 439
Posted: 2/13/2008 8:13:43 PM

As soon as more people begin to really think about what they're doing when they enter that ballot box, I think Barack Hussein Obama will be much less popular, at least with voters that normally vote Republican but who are disillusioned at the moment. I think the same will be said for many Independents and those Democrats who want change but want that change made responsibly and safely.

Barack Hussein Obama is unpredictable -- as are his true loyalties. Really do some research into this man's background before you hit that lever in the ballot box. Think about all the trouble we've had with the middle east and terrorism. Think about how very much we are hated by those Islam related and remember September 11. Then look into more of the sincerely factual information about this man who has come out of nowhere and has risen to where he is today. Perhaps your stomach may become a little queasy once you start to put the pieces together. And if not, may God bless America because I believe we'll need that blessing in the end.

Frankly at this point, I don't care who wins anymore..as long as it's not Barack Hussein Obama
You sound like you've done some research, care to share your premises with us.
 designingwoman
Msg: 458
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2008 6:48:42 PM
Shrillary is not qualified to be president based on being a first lady for eight years. Obama has a broader depth of experience outside of government that gives him a thoughtful perspective: He lived overseas, he also worked as a community organizer--he's more in touch with ordinary people than the Hildebeast ever would be.

Shillary also does NOT have the personality to lead a nation. She comes across as cold, nasty, harsh and unwelcoming. Her voice is also very grating and annoying.

Obama on the other hand has a commanding voice and a warmth that will help the United States improve its standing in the world, especially after GWB wreaked havoc on this nation and its standing in the global community.

John McCain has too much of a temper, and Shrillary shrieks when she talks. NOT presidential material!!!

GO OBAMA!!!!

Hillary Nicknames I've seen so far: Shillary, Shrillary, Hildebeast, Sillary. Help me come up with some
 designingwoman
Msg: 462
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2008 9:37:50 PM

I am not jealous of that ugly, nasty woman!

Remarks like what you wrote to me only cause me to hate Shillary even MORE, seeing just how her supporters behave.
 designingwoman
Msg: 464
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2008 7:45:20 PM
Shillary isn't fit or equipped to be president

I won't vote at all if the Dems are dumb enough to nominate Shillary. I actually will walk out of the Democratic Party and join the Green Party because that crazy woman is enough to bring down a once-proud party. I just hope that the Democratic Party wakes up and nominates Barack Obama and someone other than Sillary for VP. Shrillary is too divisive to make it to the general election. I am a Democrat, and a very liberal one at that, but I'd rather vote for a dog than Shrillary or a Republican. Many Democrats I know feel the same way. We find Obama inspiring and Shrillary just more of the same.

Sassy, enough of your direct attacks on me. It still does not impress me. I have the right to call Shrillary names, as I do with the Rethuglicans like Mitt the Nitwit. I don't go around attacking other posters but will have fun calling politicians I don't like goofy names because it's fun! Having fun at a politician's expense is very different from insulting and attacking other posters, which you have done. Enough already!
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 469
Posted: 3/12/2008 10:18:19 AM
Well, it was a really stupid post he was responding to from someone with the screen name, "WhistlingDixie."

Sure he stereotyped, but she just made it so easy.
 designingwoman
Msg: 482
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2008 8:20:10 AM
I just have to comment on the remark about Obama's uncertainty about the afterlife. Many very devoted Christians have had doubts in their lives, including the Blessed Mother Theresa, who is on the road to sainthood. It is NOT a sin to have doubts. One's faith can grow stronger with time as the person deals with his doubts. Questioning can bring answers that will deepen faith.

With that said, Obama is a Christian, and will be our next President!!!
 Love_on_Fire
Msg: 484
Posted: 3/13/2008 10:33:28 AM
I like Obama the best out of the remaining three. But what really upsets me is that the reason (I feel) Borack Obama lost Ohio and Texas os because a few days before that that idiot Bill Cunningham, who was suppose to be for John McCain made those outragious remarks about Obama, calling him Islamic/middle eastern names and making him look like a goof ball.

THAT is what cost Obama I feel from winning Texas, and as many people there can be so gullible that they actually beleived that idiots remarks about Obama. Bill Cunnignham is an insecure little twirp who gets his highs from insulting others and being racist and trying to give others a bad name.
 Love_on_Fire
Msg: 489
Posted: 3/13/2008 8:40:34 PM

Come gather 'round people
Wherever you roam
And admit that the waters
Around you have grown
And accept it that soon
You'll be drenched to the bone.
If your time to you
Is worth savin'
Then you better start swimmin'
Or you'll sink like a stone
For the times they are a-changin'.

Come writers and critics
Who prophesize with your pen
And keep your eyes wide
The chance won't come again
And don't speak too soon
For the wheel's still in spin
And there's no tellin' who
That it's namin'.
For the loser now
Will be later to win

Come senators, congressmen
Please heed the call
Don't stand in the doorway
Don't block up the hall
For he that gets hurt
Will be he who has stalled
There's a battle outside
And it is ragin'.
It'll soon shake your windows
And rattle your walls

Come mothers and fathers
Throughout the land
And don't criticize
What you can't understand
Your sons and your daughters
Are beyond your command
Your old road is
Rapidly agin'.
Please get out of the new one
If you can't lend your hand

The line it is drawn
The curse it is cast
The slow one now
Will later be fast
As the present now
Will later be past
The order is
Rapidly fadin'.
And the first one now
Will later be last
For the times they are a-changin'

You did it again!! lol....Your posts never cease to amaze me Montrealguy, wow , you are a thinking mans man if I may say so!!

That speaks volumes in a rather gentle, subtle and careful way, but it really does get the point across how many of us people feel about this and the situations in general.

Lets hope and pray that in this election, common sense will make it's appearance sooner then later and that rational and a deep sense for the need of spiritual unity among all people takes center stage. Because our world needs this!!
 Love_on_Fire
Msg: 491
Posted: 3/13/2008 8:47:52 PM
you are a thinking mans man if I may say so

Actually, it's Bob Dylan's song

OK....well it takes a thinking man to use a great song like that. Even though I don't really consider Bobby your typical "thinking man", I will say that "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" lol.

OneBlend
Msg: 494
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2008 4:21:31 AM

I honestly do not believe Obama will be our next president because I think there are finally some people who are beginning to see what has been in front of them the whole time and they're not liking it.

If that were the case, then they would see we have no viable candidate running for presidency. How do you decide between the lesser of three evils when NONE of them are speaking for the American people — only speaking to them particularly about foreign interests and not ours? The NO choices are simple, war for profit, more debt though taxation and the dismantling of our Constitution. Haven't had enough yet?

Too bad we don't have a say in matters anymore as the White House Industrial Complex expands and communitarianism is shoved down our throats.
 bob0colo
Msg: 498
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2008 7:21:42 AM
Next President will be Mc Bush.

The above post is what is coming.

People will continue to post Crap .....
This has been discredited many times....
The Minons will continue the lies...

The GOP has spent more money Demonizing Hilary Clinton than was spent on Iran Contra War.
$350 million by health insurance to Socialize her health care overhaul.
$100 million by Ken Star proving she stole millions from Whitewater...Tyson...Murdered Vince Foster...
Killed school children in Arkansas...smuggled drugs...introduced Crack Cocaine to Blacks.... she's a racist

Jerry Falwell sold the tape.... Proof

I wonder how many Hilary Haters know anything specific....

I think they have bought the SOAP. The Branding.

Mc Bush has no money now?

The big money is going to 501's lots of it.
LOTS>>>>>>>>
We are going to witness the largest expenditure of negative advertising in history. Obama will not survive a half a BILLION dollars of negative advertising.

He has already been branded MUSLIM....

I thought it was his Church....

IT all works.... Branding >>>>>>>

Mc Bush .....

Happy Days are here again.

Good times right around the corner...

Open Borders...
Free trade ...
1000 years of War...

bob0colo
Msg: 501
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2008 8:35:06 AM

Time will tell.... Witness the past two elections.

I never imagined my country becoming what it is today.... ever.

Defending torture...
A Governor becoming a political prisoner.. Alabama
Network programing blacked out for a whole state, more than once...Alabama
13 billion dollars disappears.....no inquiry
Sewage water delivered to troops in a war zone, a General before congress dismisses... its only 130...

I am embarrassed by the money spent. This is such a waste of treasure....

When your Religous Right insists Money is speech, your moral fiber is GONE>

Money Changers in the Temple.....

Hard to Imagine Lincoln calling cash and wealth a 1st amendment right.

NwMke
Msg: 502
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2008 8:43:02 AM
Geez glancing through this thread makes Ron Paul seem like an angel

bob0colo
Msg: 505
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2008 12:38:50 PM

If I understood anything..... vote for Rupaul ????

Like a third party..... every four years.... Public financed elections.....

Not 1 billion dollars to get elected

bob0colo
Msg: 507
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2008 1:03:51 PM

Rupaul.... Write your name in....haha... better yet my name.

Obama negative has started...... Much more to come... The Rightie's " it is time"

The sermon is on AM over and over.

MG it will be a McBush ...

bob0colo
Msg: 509
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2008 1:54:25 PM
lol

help me here...

a Paul vote is what?

Sorry I don't understand.

Dumb?????

Please explain how your vote is so meaningful?
How will you change the world?????

Paul will carry Arizona???

Do you know what his Platform is???

How about his earmarks?

Would you care to explain them? Not his voting record.... Earmarks.

Enlighten me...... I am dumb and uneducated.... maybe I should not vote.

bob0colo
Msg: 511
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2008 2:22:40 PM

What do you know?

Please explain how your man would improve the world....
Smallville Tx gets 65 earmarks..... if every congressman did this?

He's the best...Sorry I know about him.....

I don't think Shrimp is that important...
We can import from Viet Nam or Central America.
$2.3 Million applied toward purchase of shrimp would lower MY cost of a shrimp bowl at Capt D's a buck.......
-----
$400 million worth of federal funding for no fewer than 65 earmarks. They include such urgent national wartime priorities as an $8 million request for the marketing of wild American shrimp and $2.3 million to fund shrimp-fishing research.
___
When you sweep for Paul in Arz. you can become Sec Commerce ....

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  >