Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Harley17701
Msg: 538
Very long hair on a woman is very femine and sexy, but few women have long hairPage 10 of 33    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33)
ohhhhh someone is bitter towards men aren't we? ... lol ... and this today is another prime example of the less effort by one sex to attract another sex .... not all short haired women look bad at all ... some of it is pretty sassy and sexy looking but then .. when that style was made famous by whomever .... alot of women just made their face look .. nicely put .. "fuller" ... and seeing that was just a complete turn off for me ... but as one said you can thank the liberal movement along with hollywood .. setting forth these new fashions for women to supposedly do less effort in their appearance and to convince themselves that ... they are just as attractive either way lol .. worst part about it they pick up the tips from these gay designers ... who's biggest ambition is to pick up other gay men anyway ... so whats that really say for the women today? listening to such garbage on how to pick up gay men lol .... see its not what the gay guy thinks is hot ... when it comes to a straight female .. its what the straight men think is hot and attractive ... unless your going to try to change a gay male into a straight male ... lol and good luck on that one. This is the problem today ... listening to these designers ... and jumping the wagon with what everyone else is doing . instead of thinking for themselves
 Tarah0128
Msg: 542
view profile
History
Very long hair on a woman is very femine and sexy, but few women have long hair
Posted: 12/28/2009 3:42:33 PM
I think he meant long pubes ~ which is a well known fact that most don't want to admit, mind you

Tarah0128
Msg: 545
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2009 8:22:45 AM
Men that think women with short hair look like men are throwbacks. Women with short hair do not lack self esteem, on the contrary, long hair for many women is a security blanket because they feel they can't be attractive without it. Men such as yourself only confirms their insecurities, which only means you want to control a woman's femininity by dictating only what some men find sexy

Although, living your life to please men isn't the main objective in my life, nor should it be. A lot of women don't like big bushy mustaches or long beards, etc. But to dictate that these men aren't living their lives to please women would be a moronic statement
 Red Fish GF
Msg: 551
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2009 11:55:30 PM
I had long hair when I met my bf but was considering for some time to get it cut above the shoulders. I just get bored with it after awhile. I asked a few male friends and they said to leave it long but it was my choice not theirs. My bf said he would think I looked good either way. I liked the look of some celebrities who had changed their hair to shorter and mine was feeling blah. My hair grows out fast so I finally just did it. My bf recently told me he actually preferred it shorter, it is now about to my shoulders. He said it was sexy, better access to kissing my neck. Not all guys prefer long hair.

Also after we met since he was going bald anyway he started shaving his head. Fine with me, I personally think bald is sexy. I don't like guys with long hair not since the days of the 80's hair bands.lol Now my older sister still likes men with long hair. Everyone has different tastes and if a woman must have long hair for you to date her it's just a matter of personal choice. It is not right or wrong just as I would no longer date a man with hair longer than mine.
 Moitas_V_PT
Msg: 552
Posted: 12/31/2009 12:52:52 AM
I prefer short hair due to the fact that it doesn't cover up the gals face, and if she has long hair I like for her to put it up or pull it back. especially when a gal has nice cheek bones, got to see them!! haha
though, I do not mind long hair as long as it is straight, dark or red, curly hair is a turn off for me!!
 sashimiboy
Msg: 556
Posted: 12/31/2009 9:54:38 AM
Women self sabotage their looks by cutting it off. As they age, they believe theyre supposed to get uglier and uglier, and cutting their hair fulfills that belief.
 Red Fish GF
Msg: 557
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2009 10:42:12 AM
Having short hair does not make a women ugly. We just cut it because it gets boring after awhile at least that's my reason. Then I let it grow out long until I change it again. Most men wear the same cut all the time so they don't understand.
 ForumFilly
Msg: 559
Posted: 12/31/2009 2:41:12 PM
I look awful with short hair and I don't like having to mess with it. With it long, all I have to do is shampoo and condition it and let it go naturally. People are always complimenting me on my hair. And the funny thing is, I use to hate that my hair was naturally wavy instead of straight. Now I love it.

It use to be standard that, when a woman got older, she cut and lightened her hair. It wasn't considered stylish for a woman my age (59) to have long, dark hair. I say "To hell with that!". I like my hair long and I like it its natural color. I think it suits me and everyone I know agrees. I tried cutting and lightening (medium brown with highlights) it in 2005 and EVERYONE I knew said to go back to brown/black and grow it back out. Not one person liked it better short and lighter. And I felt washed out. So I keep it like it is because I feel like me when it's long and dark. And men seem to love it.
 wolfpackmom
Msg: 562
Posted: 12/31/2009 7:21:38 PM
I have always had long hair. That's what I like best. Short hair on some women look good, but I couldn't pull it off. That's like me loving a man with a hairy chest :))).
 rdunton
Msg: 563
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2010 12:02:10 PM
I agree. Short hair doesn't look as good as longer hair on any woman I have ever seen. I have never seen any woman who had hair that was shoulder length or longer and cut it chin length or shorter and looked as good as she did before. Sorry to inform you ladies, regardless of what your stylist might tell you, short hair does not make you look any younger, prettier, or more sophisticated. In many cases, it is my belief that a stylist is more interested in their bank account instead of making you look better. If a stylist can convince a woman to cut their hair short, they know they have a frequent repeat client because short hair needs to be cut every two to three weeks to keep it short. If a woman has longer hair though, she often can go six months or so without cutting it. What is going to help the stylist more financially? A women that gets her hair cut every two to three weeks or the woman who is getting her hair cut every six months or so. Maybe not for all stylists, but for many of them, convincing a woman to cut her long hair is more about their bank accounts instead of how you will look.
 rdunton
Msg: 564
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2010 12:37:32 PM
Lets think of it this way. Many men are attracted to women with long hair like many women are attracted to men with good jobs and cars. Many men prefer women who look more feminine, just like many women prefer men who are taller.
 xemilystrangex
Msg: 565
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2010 1:33:55 PM
I'm sure not all men prefer long hair. I know a lot, maybe even most do, but there are exceptions to most rules. I dated a guy a few years ago who, unprompted, mentioned a slightly shorter style he thought would look attractive on me. We got into the discussion about longer hair preferences. What I got out of it is that as long as it's feminine (not meaning offense to those with the super short spiky dos' ), and it's well taken care of, most guys won't write you off if it doesn't reach mid-back. He also mentioned he's had a bad experience with a girl's super long hair, so it was kind of a turn off for him. I have what most would call medium length hair. Perhaps there are gentlemen out there who wouldn't approach me because it isn't longer. Doesn't bother me in the slighest...it's my hair and they aren't the ones shampooing and styling it.
 NOBLMAN
Msg: 566
Posted: 1/1/2010 4:03:10 PM
Sorry Charlie, Not all guys are into just women with long hair. I've known plenty of women with short hair who were smoken.
 HoldingHands27
Msg: 572
Posted: 1/6/2010 8:38:10 AM
All things being equal...
I'll take L O N G Hair over almost Any other attribute...!!!
It's a pity, though, that a majority of really Long-haired women are otherwise Unattractive (to me)...
Either they're 100# overweight... or...
look like they took 4th place in a Hatchet-Fight...!!!
 One Tall Mama
Msg: 574
Posted: 1/13/2010 12:43:34 PM
ouch is right.

I think he needs to grow some hair himself!!
 Dreamerxoxoxo
Msg: 575
Posted: 1/13/2010 2:43:37 PM

msg #711>Women with long hair get 100 times more dates and considerations from men, and also studies show that 98%of men would choose a lady with long hair (past her shoulders) to a lady with shorter hair or let alone short hair. Very few ladies can pull the short haired look. Women with long hair get 100 times more dates and considerations from men, and also studies show that 98%of men would choose a lady with long hair (past her shoulders) to a lady with shorter hair or let alone short hair. Very few ladies can pull the short haired look.

I'd love to see those "studies". Care to reference one?

same msg...

Women with long hair are said to be better in bed, they have more passion and stamina for sex and they perform better then short haired women.

Oh goodness! Wonder if this was written with a straight face...
 c_deacon
Msg: 576
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2010 2:55:52 PM
Even though overall I prefer women with long hair, I have seen and been with some very sexy, sensual, and attractive women with short hair, so I am not sure how anyone can make the assumptions that some have on here.

It is all how we see it and feel it and understand it deep within our own minds. Just as some women have told me that they preferred me with my longer hair, others have said that they like mine short.

We all have our preferences, and whatever is the trigger that gets our attention will be very personal to each of us.

cd.........
 beatriceismydog
Msg: 578
Posted: 1/13/2010 4:27:23 PM
I wear mine short because it takes 10 yrs off of your face aging. What is really pathetic is that middle aged women who wear it long think they actually look good, in fact it ages them, it makes their face haggard looking. Think Halle Berry she has a pretty face and if you have a pretty face short looks great on you. Halle looks like crap when she had long hair also. Mandy Moore looked so cute with the pixie cut before she uglied herself up with long straight all one length hair. Long looks good on about 5% of the population of women middle aged.
 rdunton
Msg: 579
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2010 6:47:39 AM
^^^^^^^What are you, a hairstylist? Of course hairstylists think short hair looks good on women. Because a woman has to come in more frequently to keep the short 'do, the stylist increases their bank account while the woman who gets chopped (and keeps it that way) decreases her bank account.

I asked my sister (who is 23) about a picture of a friend of mine. This woman is 23-24. I didn't tell my sister that, but I showed her the most recent picture of my friend and asked her how old she looked. This was her answer: I would say she looks about 40. I told her she is around your age. Her answer: No way. She looks much older than someone my age. I showed my sister a picture before the chop and she told me that in that picture she looks to be around my age. So, in fact, long hair does not age ALL women. According to my sister, short hair drastically aged this woman who is a friend of mine.

Short hair has THREE benefits:

1) it makes many women look OLDER (not younger)
2) to keep it short, the stylist increases their bank account
3) the woman (who gets the chop) decreases her own bank account

These all sound like benefits to me. What do you think?
 Dreamerxoxoxo
Msg: 580
Posted: 1/14/2010 11:57:44 AM
Omg... this thread is four years old and still going. I've posted to it a few times over the years and my post is always the same. I don't believe age has anything to do with the length a woman should or should not wear. It's the shape of her face, body type and the texture of her hair that should decide the length. If you look good and feel satisfied with what you see when you look into a mirror... then that's the length for you.
 latin9999
Msg: 581
Posted: 1/14/2010 12:07:38 PM
Every guy finds my long wavy hair very sexy (I have been told many many times)
I want to cut my hair short but my boyfriend says he will kill me if I cut it. LOL

I cut it short once when I was a teen and I looked like a boy, lol

Red Fish GF
Msg: 583
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2010 12:36:09 PM
I think I posted this already but when I met my boyfriend my hair was quite a bit past my shoulders. Most guys say they preferred it that way, I get bored with it after awhile. I had it cut to a chin length. Now my hair has grown to about shoulder length and my bf said he liked it shorter, he didn't have to move it to kiss my neck so he found it sexy. I don't think I would look good with a short boyish cut but medium to long is what I have been told looks good on me. Some women can really pull off the short hair though. I think it can be just as feminine and sexy but it is not for every one.
 CheezyChick
Msg: 584
Posted: 1/14/2010 5:36:42 PM

I wear mine short because it takes 10 yrs off of your face aging

Who 'da thunk growing your hair affects the aging process?! Does it count if you wear a long-haired wig too? WOWERS!!

Have you ever noticed long beautiful locks from behind...?...and then they turned around and you saw their face and felt kind of dissappointed? I have...and the lure of the long locks left me...instantly...

Long hair, short hair, no hair....it's all good...no amount of hair, or non-hair cannot make you look like anyone other than who you are....I personally prefer dog hair, much less maintenance....arrf!

beatriceismydog
Msg: 585
Posted: 1/14/2010 6:00:06 PM
Cheez:

As people age they lose the fat in their cheeks and the face becomes narrower. I'm luck enough to have Eastern European features (fuller face) so it wasn't so bad as say the Anglo Saxon face. You throw in long hair to the natural aging process and you get an even narrow look to the face because the makes it appear even more thinner. If you have hair shoulder length or shorter it brings up the face and makes it look fuller as the hair is framing the face. As I've said before I've seen like 5% of middle age women pull the Rapunzel thing and it works but a vast majority benefit from hair that is shorter. If are okay with your femininity your hair length doesn't define it.
 latin9999
Msg: 587
Posted: 1/15/2010 11:13:44 AM
Cheschirecatalyst,

You hair look so beautiful in the 1st pic

I like having my hair long, men love it
but if I cut it short( I look like a boy), I am sure, I would get dates too

men in general like long hair but if its short they like it too,

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >