Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Avalon1012
Msg: 598
view profile
History
Very long hair on a woman is very femine and sexy, but few women have long hairPage 22 of 33    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33)
I agree… but it goes both ways...
I get rejected all the time for my longer hair style.
and sometimes it's hard to understand ….
that THEY simply judge other by one simple visual
item....
Not the person.... but just the look..

I have been even told ……
They would have better luck with a drunk and a gambler
than someone with my hair style, music interests and desire to sing..
since I sang on stage for a while… it's simply a part of me.
But then again I guess we wouldn't have much in common if ...
they are that ridged..
They are most likely that way about a number of issues
maybe even.......including sex..
 beatriceismydog
Msg: 600
Very long hair on a woman is very femine and sexy, but few women have long hair
Posted: 1/22/2010 4:26:36 AM
Blue:

I've also noticed that the photos with the women with short hair look way better because their hair compliments and frames their faces, the hair doesn't take over the face or bring it down. If you need long flowing hair to prove your feminity and to please men exclusively that smacks of mental illness.
 Wowgasm
Msg: 601
Posted: 1/22/2010 4:56:35 AM
As someone who has a hair style that swings to one of the extremes on the hair length scale, it is a personal choice that I have made and feel comfortable in having. That notwithstanding, I understand that my choice will not always be accepted and greeted with the same enthusiasm as I would like it to be. It is just human nature that we all have preferences. I do hope that I am not judged in any predetermined way for my choice of hair styles and only judged for who I am as a person. As for my hair length preference on a woman, it really doesn't matter as I have seen truly gorgeous ladies with any length of hair. For it really isn't the hair itself but the person underneath it all that really determines how sexy any hair style is. I just can't believe that the same lady with very long hair can't be just as sexy if her hair was short. Doesn't jive with anything I have actually experienced!
 whytwater
Msg: 602
Posted: 1/22/2010 5:45:02 AM

If you need long flowing hair to prove your feminity and to please men exclusively that smacks of mental illness.

Mental illness!!!!????? Sooooo, how do you stand on the use of cosmetics, lingerie, any kinda clothing not worn by Hillary Clinton, heels higher than 1", "foundations", stockings? Ooooh, and the thong!!??? (Lol, this is gonna be friggin great! Lol). Oh, geeez, and then there's cross-dressing!! Should we incarcerate anyone and everyone who wears these items, on suspicion of offering proof of femininity or angling to catch a man's eye?

I like long hair on men, like on Gerry Spence, the long haired lawman.

Gerry Spence was a trial lawyer, not a lawman. Big difference. Although he did use those stetsons and boots, Wyoming cowboy accessories, to considerable advantage to, uh, make a splash in the courtroom. My heroes have always been cowboys, they never lie, and, I'm not the only one who believes that myth.

OP, hair, imho, on the human head is just sexy, and except for the thickness of sashimi, more is usually better.
 rdunton
Msg: 605
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2010 6:59:33 AM
You keep hearing that looks fade over time, which is true, but it seems that some women chose to hurry the process by cutting their hair off. You keep hearing women say they wish they looked younger. For most women, the answer is to grow your hair longer, not cut it off. I have seen some women in their late 40s and 50s that looked 10-15 years YOUNGER because they have long hair. I have seen many women go from longer (shoulder length or longer) to short and they have only managed to become less attractive and usually appeared OLDER to me. Why do women care how they look to other women? Isn't the objective for most women to attract men? For some reason, some women do the opposite of what men like and then wonder why they get less interest from men. Yes, you might consider that shallow. However, many men consider it shallow that many women have a height requirement in their profile. The length of your hair is something you can control. We can not control our height. Who is really being shallow here?
 SylvanSwan
Msg: 606
Posted: 2/3/2010 5:28:41 PM
I find it funny the men who want a woman in long hair, but yet have no clue what it is like to have it, take care of it, style it, and manage it. Trust me, its expensive and time consuming.

As a petite woman with tiny facial features, long hair past my collar bones does not suit me. But some woman look good with long hair, and so good for them.

It gags me to see these older women with long tattered, shredded, frizzy hair and the men who think that is beautiful. Yuck. It makes me want to want to sneak up behind them with a pair of scissors and cut it off.

Give me nice, damage-free shiny hair any day that is styled nice. Man or woman.

~crazyhorsewoman~
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 607
Posted: 2/3/2010 5:54:09 PM

But very long, severely bleached blond hair on middle-aged women is……not so attractive.

I've seen MANY bleached blonds (and NO, I'm not one of them) that look amazing, no matter what their age. The bottled red (the JUDD RED)? Looks bottled to me. Not very many women actually have beautiful deep red hair naturally. Any colored hair without hi/lo lights incorporated looks undone. But, that's just me.

~OT~ I just cut mine from waist length to mid back. It'll be waist length again by summer. It stays. Not for a man, for ME! As for men with long hair? If it's thick and well cared for? The two most beautiful men I've ever known personally both had gorgeous loooooooooooooong thick black hair. Yummy! JMO
 DiannaBall
Msg: 608
Posted: 2/3/2010 6:16:49 PM
VERYGREEN ~ you have beautiful hair! Mine is a great shape as well ~ and is a bit more than half way down my back. I too wear it for ME; not for anyone else. I simpy cannot wear or look good in short hair. I think if people take good care of their hair; that is fine. I personally will not color mine but there is nothing wrong with colored hair as long as it is done correctly. The only time hair looks bad is when people get all hilbilly and do not manage it. Nasty roots showing, or just un~kept hair period. Long hair on men ~ the same rules. Take care of it and if it looks good? We can pull each other's hair. I find MOST people that bash long hair are simply jealous. I get a lot of compliments on mine when I am out.
 jezebellpgh
Msg: 611
Posted: 2/7/2010 5:23:04 AM
Dianna:

I have short hair and am not jealous of you.
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 613
Posted: 2/7/2010 7:25:28 AM
In looking through these 30+ pages, I find it kind of ironic that a large number of men who are bald, balding, or have receding hairlines are being pretty judgmental about women who choose to cut their hair short. Telling them that they look "older" and "not feminine" and such. There are now plenty of options for bald men to have hair, so why aren't they trying to improve their looks and trying to "look younger" (as they keep insisting women should try to do by keeping their hair long) by taking advantage of some of these procedures now available? Just seems kind of comical, I think.

That said, I'm also in the camp that finds longer hair more attractive and feminine on women. I have never dated or been with a man that didn't tell me how much he loved longer hair and asked me to "never cut it." I've never had a short haircut and probably never will, as I don't want to look like my mother.
 whytwater
Msg: 614
Posted: 2/7/2010 7:39:07 AM

I've never had a short haircut and probably never will, as I don't want to look like my mother.

Sinead O'Connor never looked like anybody's mom! And while Jamie Lee Curtis has had hers pretty short for quite a while, she's worn it longer as well- either way, she's kinda hot. I'd have gawked at that Godiva Lady who rode, bareback, through the middle of town, with long tresses flowing over her breasts, the saddle and horn occluding her genitals, but not because of her long hair (actually, probably would have been wishing she'd gone more butch, lol). Hair, on anybody's head, can be uber sexy, but it's not just the length of it that holds the magic. imho
 jezebellpgh
Msg: 615
Posted: 2/7/2010 9:42:15 AM
Jersey:

Long hair doesn't take away the wrinkles. You still have the older face, like me. So yes everyone looks like their mothers.
 DebiDuzDishes
Msg: 616
Posted: 3/24/2010 7:36:15 AM
i always loved my hair long.. but as i get older.. its getting thinner and thinner..

at some point .. i have to give up the good fight.. or get some nice weaves!!
 MySpoonIsTooBig!
Msg: 617
Posted: 3/24/2010 9:18:46 AM
I actually find short hair to be a LOT sexier. IMO, there's nothing un-feminine about it - unless the rest of the package is a bit too manly as well. If a woman has a jaw that looks like she can take a punch better than me, a short haircut is not gonna be in her favor.
 scbuddney
Msg: 618
Posted: 1/22/2012 8:43:50 AM
I feel the same way. I'm old school i guess. Women with long hair are beautiful. (all of them) . They don't even need makeup. Shame, as they get older, they chop that beautiful hair off. I am a guy and I have long hair.( beyond my shoulders ) Its not so hard to keep up with. " ladies keep your hair growing"
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 619
Posted: 1/22/2012 9:11:29 AM
I've always wanted very long hair, but it never makes it past my shoulders...there is one forum regular in here, who looks like a mermaid, her hair totally rocks!
 lauramae18
Msg: 620
. . . .long hair
Posted: 1/22/2012 9:38:44 AM
Depends on my mood, I usually keep it long but have been known to be an impulsive cutter, and short it isafter a trip to the hairdresser! It grows fast; give it a year and its below my shoulders. I do receive more compliments on it when long.
 Fifi47
Msg: 621
. . . .long hair
Posted: 1/22/2012 9:52:58 AM
I like my new spiky short haircut thank you very much. Takes a certain woman to carry off a short, funky hairstyle.
 TooManyCurves
Msg: 622
. . . .long hair
Posted: 1/22/2012 10:19:25 AM
My hair is waist length, and when not hot ironed, even longer.

It is easy for me to keep up with it, but I dont do anything much to it on a day to day basis.

I just look better with longer hair, so I let it grow.

But, a lot of women look gorgeous with shorter cuts.

Szaszaspasz
Msg: 623
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2014 3:29:11 PM
I am told by many women that they find short hair easier to take care of.

Because I am over forty, some suggest I should cut my hair due to my age.
Nah, I'm too lazy to have to style it and keep getting it cut all the time.

For me it is the opposite. My hair grows crazy and sticks out in the darnedest ways when it is short.
Long hair is way easier and I usually wear it up for work. I wouldn't want my brais to dip into the water while I'm scrubbing a toilet.

I wash my hair the night before and let it dry overnight. I'm too lazy to dye or perm it.

While it is long I don't have to style it either.

If guys like my long hair, that is a bonus for me.
 Ainen
Msg: 624
Posted: 3/16/2014 7:43:20 AM
Long hair IS a sign of character. It's something you control, so it's in the same category as being slim / fit or having a nice smile and the look in one's eyes.

Ultra long hair shows years of dedication and avoiding the conformist pressure to cut it.

As to why women cut their hair short, one reason is the barrage of compliments they get from coworkers, friends and family after they get their hair cut. They might interpret this as looking better with shorter hair.

The fashion industry seems to be run by misandrists who want both genders to look androgynous. Mindless women copy celebrities who chop off their hair. "Beyonce cut hers short, I will too"! Beyonce and Halle Berry have the faces to pull off short hair.

Most likely to notice a woman from a distance if she has long hair.

One sexy look is long hair worn down with a lot of hair in front, like tasteful art depicting Eve or Lady Godiva. Behind closed doors it's fun to have the hair conceal her chest, then move the hair to the sides to reveal her. Also it's more fun to kiss her neck if you have to move aside her hair.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 625
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2014 8:23:14 AM
(Disclaimer: Again, this is just my input, expressing my particular tastes. And for that matter, this doesn't even mean that I "limit" myself to these descriptions.)

Myself, I could love long or short hair. Being long or short isn't what makes the difference for me. It's other details. And length isn't necessarily harder to take care of, to look nice. That depends on the person's attitude about it. (Had long hair myself, if that matters.)

But I find short cuts on women just as potentially attractive and feminine as long hair. It just depends on the particular cut. And it's not even always that important either.

What I do prefer or don't like would be more revealing here, and more insightful for this subject -

- I don't like many of those in-the-middle "shoulder length" haircuts. Trying to have a long hair look, yet trying to have lower maintenance. But it's really the woman's equivalent of a "mullet". Either have long hair, or have short hair. Trying for the other instead looks wierd.

- If you're a bigger woman, having short hair does not make you look smaller, look appropriate and sexy, etc. It just looks funny. In fact, a bigger woman having big hair is quite yummy.

- Having long hair, but having your bangs cut short...mmm, don't know, don't really like that. If your hair is long, make it all long. The look of a woman's hair when it's all long, instead of the bangs being different, and is all parted on a side or down the middle, or any of a number of other things that she'd do with it...is much more cool-looking to me. And doing your bangs like that to cover your forehead, if that's the purpose...isn't necessary. There's nothing wrong with the forehead. Even if you're a woman with a high forehead, having it all long and doing those things that you'd do with it all like that, or just having a really short cut, does the trick just fine. And looks much better.
 DragonBits
Msg: 626
Posted: 3/17/2014 4:25:36 AM
I started to go bald at 30, so any kind of hair looks good to me.

My wife has hair that goes a few inches below her waist, she has the longest hair of anyone I ever dated.

But I dated for several years a French artist who had a short bob cut hair style.
 Taurus0420
Msg: 627
Posted: 5/26/2014 2:27:34 PM
Long hair on women is very feminine and sexy. Most men prefer it. I have seen women in the 60's and older that look absolutely stunning with their hair long and keeping the natural silver color.
Being in the military, I noted most women kept theirs longer as they wanted to keep a feminine appearance in uniform. There were a few women I knew that went with the butch cut, and before the end of the ban on open homosexuals in the US military, they would not openly identify themselves as such, but most people knew who they were by their mannerisms and actions. Not looking to argue with anyone here on the subject, but people put forth the image they want people to receive.
They are not many women who can pull off a short do, and it really ages a woman. Especially once a woman reaches her 40's and her figure is not perfect, I have on many occasions mistaken them for guys. Especially when they are wearing men's clothes.
I won't apologize for liking my girlfriends long hair. It is shiny, silky and looks stunning on her. She is growing hers out as she always wanted really long hair and I have been supportive by helping her braid hers. Going for a motorcycle ride, kayaking or just a hike on a windy day, long hair can get tangled and knots. I don't think it is any less manly when she asks me to braid her hair and I do it for her. It is much easier for me standing behind her to braid it, than for her to reach behind her head, so I do. At this point I know she would be very upset if I would not do it for her. She appreciates having it combed and braided and loves the fact that she has my full attention. It is quality bonding time, and I have gotten so much practice, that I can do a french braid for her in just over two minutes. And as an added note, she finds she spends less time getting ready in the morning than when her hair was short (above her shoulders) with the blow dryer, curling iron, etc.
 platypus_man
Msg: 628
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2014 2:35:37 PM
This topic comes up every so often. BAsically, most men prefer long hair; long, silky, pretty hair on women. Yet women will insist on cutting it short, believing that how they look shouldn't matter. But it does. And if you want proof of what we like, look at what we are willing to pay to look at; women with long, beautiful hair. Look through any mens magazines, go to any gogo bars, and tell me what you see. It won't be full of women with pixie cuts. Yes, I know, women will point out those like Hallie Berry and say that men think she's really hot. Well, sure, if you have a 10 body there are still going to be a lot of men who are willing to accept that, but anything less and you really need a nice head of hair to offset the other minuses. JMHO.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >