Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 curlygrl
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Very long hair on a woman is very femine and sexy, but few women have long hairPage 3 of 33    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33)
I have long hair- well too my shoulders long.
I dont know it seems some women come to an age and
adopt that short and sassy look. some women feel
that long hair on older women ages them- I don't agree.
Lots of older women can pull off long hair. alot are on this site too.
It is actually all about what looks good on you and if you can take care of
it. My hair may be long but its wash and go. I am not a slave to the hair.

curlygrl~
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 163
Very long hair on a woman is very femine and sexy, but few women have long hair
Posted: 9/4/2007 4:06:37 PM
Kudos to any woman who has the time and money to spend $$ on her hair that Jane does!..Jane Seymour is a actress with tons of money to help her take care of that hair in addition to living a leisure life..Most women dont have that luxury.

Wow, interesting comment. I let my hair grow because of the cost and upkeep when it was short/shorter. It's maintenance free now. I haven't been in a salon since May, 2005. No more highlight/lowlighting, no more trims, no more conditioning sessions, etc. It's virtually free except for the oil I buy to keep it silky. My son or his gf trim the ends now thats it's so long and I do the front. I had never had long hair, usually shoulder length or even chin. Today, it's to my waist in the back, the sides still have about 3-4 inches to be completely evened out ~ and it stays. It's just so easy this way.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 164
Posted: 9/4/2007 5:52:27 PM

The other night a perfect stranger, a woman standing beind me, started petting my hair. Stranger, this is not the first time this has happened.

Whew ~ I thought that only happens to me. I even had a little girl touching it one day in the grocery store, her mother had a fit, but she really wanted to keep touching it....it was cute with her ~ her poor mother was mortified. It was OK then, endearing really.

Oddly, my hair NEVER grew until I became very physically ill. My hair was never below my shoulder (without extensions) prior to 2005 when I was recovering from a serious illness. I learned that when your body is "dying" sometimes the hair will go nutzzzzzz ~ it did. Now, it just keeps growing. Weirdness, completely odd.
 HannaofWallace
Msg: 170
Posted: 9/5/2007 7:43:28 PM
I recently had my waist-length hair cut to ... well... look at my picture...

I raised money for charity so it was worthwhile, but I do miss the long ponytail....I spend WAAAY too much time with the blow dryer and styling tools....
 Dreamerxoxoxo
Msg: 171
Posted: 9/5/2007 9:26:11 PM

...and I love a woman who has nice long hair. I find it very sensual and think most men prefer longer hair. So how come most women in my age bracket cut their hair short??

I don't know how to answer the OP's question about women in his age bracket because his profile is hidden.

I prefer my hair long and find it easier to take care of than shorter hair. I rarely blow dry it. I find that most women style their hair to please themselves. I know I do... I do get more attention from men since allowing my hair to grow to the point it is now but consider that a bonus. The way I look with my hair long pleases me that's the main reason my hair is long. If I looked better with my hair short, I'd wear it short.

It's not the length of a woman's hair that makes her sensual/sexy... it's her attitude ... ie: the manner in which she carries herself with confidence, her personality and her ability to make people feel good about themselves when they're around her.
 ItsaMystery2me
Msg: 172
Posted: 9/5/2007 9:54:29 PM
Well said Dreamer , that is exactly my sentiment.

What surprises me is that I even have had friends/coworkers (that have shorter hair , of course) make the comment < " Don't you think you are getting too old for long hair?"

That really makes me laugh....there is an "age" you are supposed to no longer wear your hair long?
 mus098
Msg: 178
Posted: 9/23/2007 9:29:12 AM
I live in Florida so I can say it get hot out here.My hair is thick and almost reaching my butt.
I let it grow as a competition with a female friend,years ago to see who's get the longest first.
Here is my hair experience.When it got to the sholders and before,it's just a pain to keep it goodlooking.All that styling and moushe to keep it in place...After it passed the shoulders I had alot less problems.I keep mine in a ponytale most of the time till I get home from work.It is very easy and fast in the morning to get ready.
I am in public alot due to my work and I've been approached often by women telling me that my hair looks great or that they hate me because it looks better than there short hair.Some even ask me if it's real...
It is not bad at all,for a man anyway...When I wake up it looks at his best,yea go figure..I never sleep with my hair tied up and I never wake up in the middle of the night because of my hair either.So my experience with long hair is great.I use great products to wash it,champoo and conditioner,not mixed or not the cheapest either.I never use a hairdryer but let it dry naturally.When I do color it (in my natural color) it's because I do not like grey hair!Looks great on a car,not on my head...
I LOVE long hair on a woman!I find it very sexy and if I had to choose between a bbw with beautiful long hair or an athletic short haired lady,I go for the long hair! My preference.
Would I cut it for a woman?I may someday,when I'm married but for now it's just easier to have it long.
 drnanjo
Msg: 180
Posted: 9/23/2007 11:56:05 AM
There are many sex/gender characteristics for which evolution has selected (mostly related to body shape) but hair is more cultural. If you look at the history of art around the world, and read writings from ancient and medieval cultures, you know that men have worn their hair long, or worn wigs (and even make up and heavy jewelry) frequently. In Europe in the very early Middle Ages, men were supposed to wear their hair as long as possible, it was a sign of masculinity and to have it cut off was a metaphor for castration. Women wore their hair tightly pulled back - it might as well have been short.

I am 48, a feminist and I wear my hair long because it both pleases me and gets me good attention. It's not my age, it's the way it looks on me. I tire of media fashion spokespeople (like Tim Gunn, as charming as he is) telling me what is and is not allowed for women over 40.

Have a great day everyone.

drnanjo
 babajide1620
Msg: 182
Posted: 9/23/2007 12:46:18 PM
hi sexly whats good with u
 Doelvzbttrflz
Msg: 183
Posted: 9/24/2007 8:48:34 AM
When big hair went out, so did my long hair! I have naturally curly hair and it is so thick that it just looks like a mop on the top of my head! I have kept my hair short for about 7 years now! I don't look like a rock star vixen any more, now just sassy and sexy! It is so much easier to take care of! Just a blow dryer and a curling brush! 10 minutes and I am done! I know men love long hair, but until I have one who wants to be my personal stylist, I am sticking to what's easy!
 fancynanci
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2007 11:22:29 AM
I don't understand why women chop their beautiful hair off either....
 Miss W
Msg: 187
Posted: 11/14/2007 11:42:00 AM
It isn't always attractive. It really ages some people, some look like they needed a haircut 6 inches ago as the ends get scraggly. There are some people who actually look better with shorter hair.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 196
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2007 5:01:37 AM
All I see, is that the majority of women with very short hair that I see, aren't dating very often.

I love men, however, I see a big double standard in that most men would not date wa woman who shaves her head, yet, women are supposed to feel attracted to a bald man?
That's because of so many women who won't touch a balding man, but find a bald man sexy.
 Wish4
Msg: 197
Posted: 11/15/2007 5:13:33 AM
I'd rather touch a balding man than a shaved headed one. (personal preference)

I have long hair and rarely wear it up or pulled back, except for sports/exercise.
Maintenance is only a problem if you let it be. Wash, comb, gel, scrunch and go. If I want to wear it straight, I have a great flat iron, takes 10 minutes at most.
 platypus_man
Msg: 198
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2008 3:04:15 AM
The women I know with real short hair say it's for convenience, long hair is too much trouble to take care of, and they feel that guys who like long hair are shallow and should love them no matter what they look like. And, all of them are married, or aren't dating anyone. Food for thought.
 platypus_man
Msg: 200
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2008 3:58:14 AM
You don't have to grow it down to your butt. Shoulder length at least, though. I've never seen a woman who looked better with real short hair. Women seem to tell each other how good they look with short hair, though, so if you're looking for a woman partner, short hair might be the way to go. We do understand if you pull it up when it's hot in the summer; we got hot too. But to use the heat or the extra care involved as an excuse to avoid being attractive is just foolish in my opinion. It would be like a guy saying that getting a good job is 'too hard' so he'll keep working at burger world and expect women to be happy with his lifestyle from his income there, after all, women shouldn't be so shallow as to care at all about a man's income, right?
 seekerof
Msg: 201
Posted: 7/18/2008 11:38:34 PM
I love, love, love, my long black hair!

It’s multi-functional…

I use it as a scarf during the cold winter months to keep me warm

I pull a few strands just below my nostril…instant Halloween costume!

Arrange it like so…hides my fat cheeks, as well as the rest of my chins…

And my favorite…comb the hair forward, put on a derby hat…Cousin Itt!
 coffeelover
Msg: 203
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2008 4:38:54 AM
Like anything else long hair must be kept nice to look good, then it is very sexy, even when it is usually worn put up.
 honestspirit
Msg: 205
Posted: 7/19/2008 8:27:14 PM
When I was younger I had hair down below my butt and guys were nuts about it. But at some point you need a change and cut it. Wow its much easier to take care of, it might be more flattering to you, and sometimes you just don't need the hassle. So as time as moved along my hair got shorter and shorter. Now there are times when I miss my long hair, but I wouldn't trade the convenience of my short hair over the long hair any day. I can shower, do makeup, and dress in 30 minutes, and I always looked pulled together. I just love the freedom that it gives me. But this is a personal choice to keep it short.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 207
Posted: 7/21/2008 11:54:41 AM
~OT~ I lived through the 80s when my hair was short/short/short and the men's hair was long/long/long. I kept mine shoulder length until May '05. One day, I decided to let it run wild and it's now almost waist length ~ it stays!! If someone thinks long hair is not appropriate or unattractive after a certain age ~ I'd probably giggle. We'll see what they think when they are pushing 45-50. One thing didn't change with the length of my hair ~~ I still prefer long hair on certain men.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 209
Posted: 7/21/2008 12:26:04 PM
^^^I'm sorry for the confusion JacquiNJ ~ I was posting to someone a few pages back, missed your post or I would have clarified!! (Thanks, btw!)

When I had short hair, however, it took me FOREVER to get it JUST RIGHT

I'm with you ~ screw the mousse, hair gel, hair spray, highlight/lowlight, etc., etc., etc. This is simple and easy and my time was cut in about 1/2. As for make-up, I read an article that claims if you take longer than 5 minutes for your entire make-up routine, you're either doing it wrong or wearing too much. I like that, keeps things simple.
 lateef7842
Msg: 212
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2008 2:02:47 PM
There are some women who look nice with short hair. But, I think women who keep it cut short because it's "easier" are being a little lazy. My mom and my aunts had long,thick, nappy African American hair. They had to flat iron it, perm it,pick it or braid it to look nice. And they always kept their hair looking nice. With no complaints.

I just cut my hair a couple of years ago. It was past my shoulders, very thick and curly. It's not that hard to keep long hair looking nice and I'm a guy, with a disability, who doesn't want to spend a lot of time in the mirror. Wash, gel, brush or comb and go.

In my experience, the women who complain that long hair is too hard to take care of, end up letting themselves go in the long run. They get comfy, chop off the hair and gain a few pounds. Of course, there are exceptions.
 cotter
Msg: 214
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2008 5:03:16 PM

So how come most women in my age bracket cut their hair short??
That's a good question. Maybe it's just easier for them to keep it cut.

For me ... it's easier not to cut my hair so my hair is just about down to my waist. I like the feel of it on my back and I enjoy the looks I get when I let it down in front of people who don't know how long it is because I wear it up a lot.

My own daughter recently proclaimed ... "OMG Mom ... I didn't realize your hair was so long. Get over here ... I want to play with it!!!" That sure brought back fond memories.

I had three girls and when they were young, they used to make me sit on the floor in front of the couch so they could sit up on the couch and play with my hair ... or as they called it ... "Fix Mommy's Hair Time". It would put me to sleep.
 grapevine
Msg: 216
Posted: 7/23/2008 6:45:01 PM
I wear my hair long because it is very easy to take care of....wash it, condition, brush out, tie up in a pony tail...that's what I normally do. But being long, I can braid it, curl it, or wear it up in just about every style imaginable. Or just wear it down and straight. Long hair has the versatality short hair could never have. Plus, on me, anyway, it just looks better longer than shorter.
 VVendy
Msg: 219
Posted: 7/23/2008 9:24:56 PM
Biker boyz? My hair will never be as long as it was in high school because i am not getting up hour early to do it. As you age you find out that for every inch of hair you do not have to fix you get 10 minuets of sleep.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >