Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 grizzelda
Msg: 221
view profile
History
Very long hair on a woman is very femine and sexy, but few women have long hairPage 4 of 33    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33)

Finally, no, some older women cannot pull off longer hair... if its well maintained--nice cut, proper product for thickness and texture, etc. sure its nice (think Demi Moore: older but can afford the maintenance). If it hangs limp and lank, dry or frizzy,numerous split ends, then who cares about length? It looks unattractive (and I'm thinking of some of the women on here who are proclaiming their long locks as fabulous and unwilling to consider anything else when I say this). And sorry, those who claim all men looove their hair long--well, who are these men? Are they all paragons of style themselves?

I have to agree with this. There are many women with long hair that is in such terrible condition, bad perms, over processed, split ends and dried out from using cheap products, and not having a good trim for decades, still wearing a hairstyle from the 80's...... Sorry, it may hang down to your ass, but I have seen better tails on horses. Funny thing is that many of these women are the first ones to go on about how their hair makes them feel sexy and how much their men like it. GAAK! In my experience, the women with the really beautiful hair dont bring attention to it.

I will say that as I have very thick and curly hair, who has a fabulous hairstylist that know how to cut curly hair, it is still difficult to deal with when it gets much below my shoulders. Had it to my hips once and it would take me literally 30 mins just to wash and comb through the conditioner in the shower. And SO Heavy, had to wait for it to dry before I could put in a pony tail just because of the weight or I would get a headache.
 lateef7842
Msg: 222
view profile
History
Very long hair on a woman is very femine and sexy, but few women have long hair
Posted: 7/24/2008 12:57:53 PM

lateef7842: its not laziness, it's called being busy. Who really has hours to devote to their hair nowadays? (besides my sister, who doesn't work and takes 2 hrs. to blow-dry and straighten her beyond-shoulder-length, super-thick hair--bollocks!).

I'm sorry, but my experiences tell me something totally different. All I can do is go back to my mom and my aunts. If you know anything about African American hair, then you know it's very thick and kinky. The longer it gets,the harder it is to take care of. If you're not going to wear it naturally ( the longer it is, the bigger the afro), then you have to perm it, braid it, press it (flat iron), or throw a wig on(very hot and uncomfortable). Caucasian hair isn't anywhere near that difficult to manage. So yeah, it is laziness.

The women I grew up with, kept their hair long, and good looking. They worked long hours doing hard manual labor, came home, cooked meals and kept a clean house. That was the example I saw growing up. It's one thing if a woman has her hair cut short because she just like short hair. Some women really do look good with shorter hair. But, if a woman is keeping her hair cut short because she feels it's less work, then I think she is just being lazy.

What would you think of a man who didn't shave because it was less work? I would love to stop shaving. My daily routine would be a lot easier and more comfortable. Wouldn't you think I was just being lazy if I did that?

Lateef
 grizzelda
Msg: 223
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2008 1:03:50 PM

What would you think of a man who didn't shave because it was less work? I would love to stop shaving. My daily routine would be a lot easier and more comfortable. Wouldn't you think I was just being lazy if I did that?

I would think that it is your face and you can stop shaving any time you want....Lateef you make it sound like a woman HAS to have long hair, is there some rule somewhere that I missed? Your mother and your aunts obviously had different priorities than some of the women on here. That doesnt make them any better or any worse, it just means that different things are/were important to them. Perhaps their hair was a symbol of their femininity to them, that is their call. My hair is part of who I am, it doesnt make me a woman.
 VVendy
Msg: 225
Posted: 7/24/2008 6:50:39 PM
Lateef? I like facial hair so it would not be a problem.
 lateef7842
Msg: 228
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2008 8:16:51 PM

Lateef, you may be single forever.
haha

rock on.. keep telling women they are lazy for having short hair

That may be true. Still doesn't mean some women with short hair aren't lazy. Notice, in my last post, I said women who look good with short and keep it short because they like it, are cool. You go with what works best for your face and style.

However, women who keep it hacked off because they feel its easier to take care of, regardless of how they look with short hair, are lazy.

Thats my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Will that keep me single? Maybe. But, I doubt it.

Lateef
 hueyman269
Msg: 229
Posted: 7/24/2008 9:57:02 PM
Jules, you can be sassy and have long hair also! Just because you turn 40 doesn't mean you have to go and cut your hair. Cheers to all the ladies with not short hair. It doesn't have to down to your butt to be long, but short as a man's do is just not feminine.
 sillysil
Msg: 231
Posted: 7/25/2008 12:50:47 AM
I agree 100% with bikerboyz60! I'm a mom of 2 daughters (which also have long hair), I work full time, and I'm always on the go but I won't make the mistake that so many of my friends have made by cutting my hair to save an extra few minutes in the morning. I haven't met a guy yet who doesn't love long hair. It's just sexy.......
 TheyCallMeMrAwesome
Msg: 232
Posted: 8/29/2008 12:06:32 PM
I guess it depends, i prefer long, but short is cool too, I have never had really long hair, lowest was down to my neck, and it was hot as the , but it was easy for me to manage because I got up and didn't have to F*ck with it, i cut it back my sophomore year of high school and it doesn't go past my ears now. short hair takes less to wash, but it is a real Pain in the Ass to fix up, spike, whatever, I have super thick hair and it stands up everywhere in the morning and won't lay flat unless it is soaked and gelled. but it looks good and is worth the time.
 Gangster Kitten
Msg: 233
Posted: 8/29/2008 12:09:47 PM
As long as a haircute fits the woman it's all gravy baby!

I have a preference for woman with 'shorter' hair that goes down just below their ears. But it's not always how I want it.

A woman with long flowing hair... Yes!
A woman with shorter, sassy hair... Yes!
A bald woman... "..."
A woman with a man's hair cut... Can be sexy if the woman has just the 'right' feminine look to go with it.

A woman with hair at all that wants to f*ck me... YES YES YES! OH GOD YES - I'll stop now.
 shelly crow
Msg: 234
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 5:13:50 PM
HI!!! AS I SEE WHY WOMEN CUT THEIR LONG BEAUTIFUL HAIR WHEN THEY GET OLD IS BECAUSE, THEY DONT HAVE TIME TO FIX IT.. IT TAKES AN HR TO GET HAIR PERFECTLY DO, MONEY, IT REALLY COSTS TO MAINTAIN A HEALTHY LOOKING HAIR, AND OTHER ISSUE THT IS VERY IMPORTANT, THAT I HAVE NO IDEA WHY WOMEN HAVE THAT IN MIND, ITS THAT THEY BELIEVE THAT FOR SOMEREASON THEY WOULD LOOK YOUNGER¿ WHAT?, YES MOST WOMEN IVE ASKED WHY DID U CUTT UR HAIR, AND 80% OF THEIR ANSWERS HAS BEEN THAT, THEY THINK THEY LOOK YOUNGER, THE OTHER 10% NO TIME, AND THE REST BECAUSE OF MAINTENANCE.. SO THERE IS UR ANSWER.. HOPE IT HELPS!!! BYE
 Tulips Reign
Msg: 236
Posted: 8/29/2008 10:11:33 PM
I also had short hair growing up and always wanted long hair...unfortunately, my mom ruled over me until I left the house...lol! Now she threatens to cut my long sylver ryboons everytime she see's me. I'm way over 40 and it is so much easier , for me, to take care of...I wash 2 times a week and let air dry while I sleep...the worst my hair days ever have been is straight and stringy...not bad compared to it being short and unmanageble. When I had short hair I wshed it every day, at least once, and curled it with a hot iron or curlers...both damaging to hair not to mention time consuming.

That's me though and I'll have it long past my waist til it stops growing.
 Blondecharmthe3rd
Msg: 238
Posted: 8/29/2008 10:29:00 PM
I like my hair the way it is, its feminine and matches my own look. Short hair is boyish on me, and I like being sensual....
 heygirl49
Msg: 240
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 7:38:52 AM
I agree it's so hard to maintain, I usually keep mine about shoulder length, I can put it in a pony or pull it up but my hair is thick and hot and I hate that it's so hot in the summer. I've been thinking about letting it go a bit longer in the fall.

Some women look really cute with short hair but I think most women do what pleases them, if men had to take the time to blow dry and curl long hair they'd have a better understanding. I'd rather sleep a little longer in the morning.
 kane stays
Msg: 243
Posted: 8/30/2008 2:23:54 PM
I keep mine short because I like the way it looks on me. I don't give much thought to if a man likes it short or not. Plus I really really like having my neck kissed.
 notjesus
Msg: 247
Posted: 8/30/2008 5:33:52 PM
Short hair can be cute as ****, as can long hair.

"Mom hair" is not. Just like "Mom jeans". Sh1t should be outlawed.
 notjesus
Msg: 250
Posted: 8/30/2008 8:22:26 PM
macbeth your haircut fits you. it's all about what works for the individual
 Cynderella
Msg: 263
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2008 10:10:41 PM
I have had it past my a$$ and cut it once but never past my bra strap. I am on my way back to my a$$ again!
Long is sexy and short is sassy!
 Cynderella
Msg: 265
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2008 1:04:18 PM

sexy is better!!

I am with u on this one
 Dreamerxoxoxo
Msg: 266
Posted: 9/2/2008 11:17:31 PM
msg 357 >>>a woman with long hair is more attractive to me then short hair. I mean C'mon ladies, it is the last thing that you have left that makes you look feminine. Today you dress like a man, work like a man, drive like a man, talk like a man, you work out and pump Iron like a man, etc. You no longer want to take care of the children in the day ( prefer to have them get their nurturing from the day care staff) and you would rather be working 9-5 then keeping a clean home and taking care of the kids and husband. You are totally denying everything that makes you female and motherly. Heck, I even read that a pill is now on the market that can stop you from having your period forever.

Posts like the above are so annoying Lumping all females into one life style is quite small minded to say the least. Perhaps the women you're describing are forced to step into the head of household role because their mates fall short? Back in the day, most men stood proudly in their role as head of household, provided for their families and took 2nd jobs if need be allowing their women to take the role of the dutiful wife, nurturing mother , cook and bottle washer. Single moms were unheard of.. Most men stayed in their marriages at least until the children were grown.

What is described in the above post is not at all the norm in my locale. Most of the women who have short hair are quite feminine.. I know the guys who live in this area will attest to that.

Somehow, since Feminism ( or as I like to call it Femi-Nazism) women now look down upon women who stay ay (sic) home nurturing the kids . So, no. Short hair to me is totally unattractive and besides , that is what every women does once she hits 40 and starts feeling old and tired.

Are you serious? Delirious? Or are you just trolling this thread. I'm curious as to what you suffered in your past relationship(s) that has caused you to be so jaded and hostile towards women. If that is truly how you feel about all women I not only feel sorry for you but I also question your reason for being on a dating site. Your attitude towards the entire female population guarantees you a very lonely rest of your life. I don't know of any female who would be attracted you because of your apparent hostility.
 Dreamerxoxoxo
Msg: 267
Posted: 9/3/2008 8:43:13 AM
Isn't it interesting how hiding a profile gives one license to be obnoxious?

Sorry for the rant, guys . . . I feel much better now =]
 fancynanci
Msg: 268
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2008 10:03:54 AM
My girlfriends with short hair say "it's easier". I've never had short hair.
 Dreamerxoxoxo
Msg: 271
Posted: 9/3/2008 12:24:10 PM
msg. 380 >>>Some of us don't look so good with long hair.

Long hair or short hair.. it's what ever pleases you when you look in the mirror. My hair is long because I like it that way. A woman should wear her hair in the length that compliments her face and figure. Period.
 Dreamerxoxoxo
Msg: 273
Posted: 9/3/2008 1:16:12 PM

msg. 383>>>dreamer is that meant to be a slam? Why the rolly eye guy?

Absolutely NOT and I apologize if I came off that way. The post you're referring to was meant for the guys who are putting down women with short hair. It was especially in response to the post about women after 40 letting themselves go...
 Sunshyne276
Msg: 299
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2008 6:33:35 PM
What age bracket? I don't know.. I have really long hair (down to my butt) and will always have really long hair, as I don't like shorter styles - well, not on me, anyway. lol =)
 Vannili
Msg: 300
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2008 7:04:37 PM
Short hair is easy to take care.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >