Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Emillia-luv
Msg: 358
Very long hair on a woman is very femine and sexy, but few women have long hairPage 6 of 33    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33)

Long hair is a good tool for minimizing flaws. I've found that the best looking women can go bald and still be hot. Hair length isn't a big issue for me. It's just another factor in the total package. I only have two deal killers that can't be overcome by any number of good qualities. Weight and teeth. Both controllable issues.

Hun, I sort of need to add something, long hair on us ladies, is feminane, it is the main attraction if you will. I know you may trying to sound nice and sweet about this, but , look, let me put it this way, I cannot ever imagine, having my hair short....I just can't imagine it honestly. I love myself, my figure, my looks and thats why I do all that I can to present myself with great quality and in a dignified manner... you got it??

With some exceptions, (and I mean SOME, those that have a nice face and smile may pull it off), short hair on a woman is really the opposite look of being a woman. All the fellas know us ladies with long hair are the model example of a female figure and appearance.
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 360
Very long hair on a woman is very femine and sexy, but few women have long hair
Posted: 7/22/2009 10:40:55 AM
Hun, I sort of need to add something, long hair on us ladies, is feminane, it is the main attraction if you will. I know you may trying to sound nice and sweet about this, but , look, let me put it this way, I cannot ever imagine, having my hair short....I just can't imagine it honestly. I love myself, my figure, my looks and thats why I do all that I can to present myself with great quality and in a dignified manner... you got it??

With some exceptions, (and I mean SOME, those that have a nice face and smile may pull it off), short hair on a woman is really the opposite look of being a woman. All the fellas know us ladies with long hair are the model example of a female figure and appearance.

Babe, I agree. You couldn't pull off short hair.

If long hair is the epitome of femininity, then guys with long hair are more feminine than guys with bald heads? (After all, high testosterone levels are to blame for many who suffer male pattern baldness.)

I think very long hair is useless. Moderately long hair can be a nuisance in the bedroom, but manageable. Shoulder length or slightly shorter is perfect.

I'm not trying to be nice. I'm just stating my honest opinion. Long hair may make someone seem somewhat more feminine, but not necessarily more attractive. Though it can be an improvement for some.
 Abiney
Msg: 361
Posted: 7/22/2009 10:55:36 AM
Well, I do hair and that's just what's in.
I consider myself pretty independent and when I do my hair I'm NEVER thinking about what a guy would like I'm think about what would look good on me.
 Monkey_brains
Msg: 362
Posted: 7/22/2009 11:00:35 AM
long hair on us ladies, is feminane, it is the main attraction if you will.

Wow...who knew?!...guess I don't have to worry about my crumbling yellow-decay ridden mouth full of what used to be teeth...don't worry about that bit that just fell out of my mouth and into yours boys....just focus on my long flowing golden halo of feminism and everything will be blissfull.....

what a load of crap....ugh...
 Emillia-luv
Msg: 363
Posted: 7/22/2009 11:14:49 AM
^^ ughh, please don't share that sort of personal stuff with us, we don't need to know lol...asuming it's true. But My point is clear if you just interpret and see it for what it is. YOU BET Teeth and having the right curves are important, and I take care of myself always, and like I mentioned, I even pride myself in having great hygien, and curves, the whole figure.
 SugarOnTheRim
Msg: 364
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2009 12:10:09 PM
Long hair.... Dont care.... I love my mane and wont get rid of it .... even though I live in the HOT state of Florida.
 Wyatt Earp1
Msg: 366
Posted: 7/25/2009 12:20:29 PM
Fred Bauder on 7/22/2009 5:06:38 PM
Subject: Very long hair on a woman is very femine and sexy, but few women have long hair
Message: Long hair is too much trouble. It's hot and you have to fool with it all the time. Besides, a fish don't need a bike.

Just then the _______ * *brothers all sheared off their hair inlcuding doing a full body
wax on each other. "Brother Earl, you look so sweet nekkid...let me give ya a kiss" said
a sun drunk Brother Dan. Meanwhile the Elders inside the council house worked feverishly to figure out why everyone was shaving off their hair, waxing their bodies and dancing nekkid?

Suddenly Sister Meanya spoke up "fish don't need a bike!" Instantly she was clubbed to death...

**any horse and buggy society that doesn't believe in electricity...
 cuban delite
Msg: 367
Posted: 7/25/2009 1:09:42 PM
Once upon a time...long hair was a sign of good health, someone with good health will bear healthy children ( maybe thats why men are drawn to it?)
I personally think that the only long hair that is nice is shiney healthy thick cared for hair...and in my line of business its not very often that you see a really beautiful head of hair.....JUST because its 'long' doesnt make it 'nice'..............
 Sandew
Msg: 368
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2009 4:46:59 PM
Trouble? I don't agree and I've had long hair almost all of my life. I don't keep the salons in business, but there are plenty that do.
Hot? I live in hot Texas and just put it in a pony tail if I'm hot, which requires no fooling with!
 WalkingInLondon
Msg: 370
Posted: 7/25/2009 10:22:24 PM
I just had this conversation yesterday with my mother. She went to the hair salon and got her hair cut off short like Sharon Stone used to have. I told her it looked like shit, and what happened to making Dad happy and letting it grow out a bit. She informed me that it was cute, easy to care for, and Dad liked it. My father said HUMUNUMUN (It was Friday and that's nookie night and he wasn't messing that up)
I have yet to meet a man who preferred short hair to long. I know short hair is easier, cooler when it's hot outside, whatever, but if you really want to make your man happy with the way you look, let it grow.
And don't tell me how much more attractive you are with pixie hair, or how your facial structure makes it so much better for you to have short hair. That's a load.

How many Playboy Bunnies have butch haircuts?

Think about it.
Beth
 rdunton
Msg: 371
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2009 3:44:50 PM

How about getting to know us and not worry so much about our hair...............

Wow. This goes both ways you know. How about if women would get to know us guys and not worry so much about our height. Can't have your cake and eat it too, so to speak.

A lot of women think it is completely acceptable to put in their profile that they will only consider men that are taller than themselves, however it is somehow not OK for men to like women with long hair. What gives? At least the hair is something that women have control over. With us men, we have no ability whatsoever to change our height.
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 372
Posted: 9/6/2009 4:53:50 PM

At least the hair is something that women have control over. With us men, we have no ability whatsoever to change our height.

This argument is always funny to me. Men and women seem to view this interchange differently. I often see women here make the same argument with different intent.

"I can lose weight, but you'll always be bald."

"I can do kegels, but you'll always be short." (However you people want to take that one is fine. ;-) )

Neither argument makes the person who puts it forth seem attractive. We all get eliminated for one reason or another, but there's always someone out there that will accept us. (Even the worst of us.) Nobody gets perfection. It doesn't exist. Though, when we are unhappy with what we have, it seems like others have it so much better.
 rdunton
Msg: 373
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2009 5:15:36 PM
My post was made because it seems that the woman I quoted expects some kind of double standard favoring women. It seems that she was saying that men shouldn't have a personal preference for hair length on women, although it is perfectly acceptable for women to have a personal preference for men taller than themselves (I have seen this in many profiles on POF and it also happens IRL). If it is acceptable for women to have personal preferences, why isn't it acceptable for men to have them too. IMO, it should be. What's the difference?
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 374
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2009 7:50:44 PM
Message number 493
From GoodWithBeth

Thankyou for stating the truth. When I was engaged (long ago and far away) just before the marriage the wife (now ex) cut her hair. She said she knew that she'd get an argument from me if she tried to cut it after. Personally she never looked as good or as young. As women age they demand their right to take the easy route and cut it short: and that's their choice. But if you know men prefer long hair, AND WE DO, stop raising the question. It appears the only reason this question is raised is as a protest about men's preferrences. There are some who will say they like short hair but the majority of men want a woman with long hair eventhough many are hesitant to say so publically on a forum like this.

It's just like women who prefer sex within a long term relationship. This is how women are emotionally and men need to realise this. Well there are some things that are inherant in men and one of the lower priority ones is length of hair on women. We are drawn to women who have LONG hair.
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 377
Posted: 9/6/2009 9:27:32 PM
I've had short hair for most of my life, although there have been a few times when I grew it to my shoulders or just beyond. When I met my late husband I grew it out to the middle of my back because he liked long hair. It was hot and heavy (I have very thick hair) and I always had to pull it back or put it up in a French twist or a bun so it wouldn't get in the way of my work. Growing it out took two years and then he never played with it. One day he complained about the hair in the drains and I said, "I grew this out for YOU and you don't even touch it. If you're going to complain about it, then I'm going back to wearing it the way I like it and think it looks better." He agreed and I returned to my short cut. And THEN he started to play with it and run his hands through it! He even told me that he did like short hair much better on me and had become just as attracted to that look.

Although some smug chicas may think they're better/sexier/more feminine than me and the other short-haired gals - does it take talent and smarts to let your hair grow long? Nope, didn't think so.
 rdunton
Msg: 379
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2009 8:26:50 AM
spicynicegirl,

If the picture on your profile is current, your hair looks nice like that. I think around shoulder length looks good on most women. Most guys (including myself) don't like the pixie cuts and ear length cuts. IMO, those look awful on most women of any age.

I'm not a big fan of chin length cuts either. I have seen some women that look OK, but I haven't seen any that look great with that length.
 rdunton
Msg: 380
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2009 8:46:14 AM

Because, long hair on an older woman looks childish.

Absolutely not. I don't know where you heard that, but I think it was probably either from other women or from hair stylists. Hair stylists have other motives for persuading clients to go short. Not all of them do this, but I am sure that many of them do. To maintain a short hair style, women have to make more trips to their stylist. More trips to the stylist means more money for them and less money for you.
 whytwater
Msg: 381
Posted: 9/7/2009 8:52:01 AM

Hair is sexy, ime. If you got it, flaunt it. Sophia Loren was pretty much gorgeous into her '70's, and always seemed to have plenty up top, lol. Candy Bergen, too. There are a plethora of other examples. Neither of them struck me as childish- I think they're sexy, still!

And don't tell me how much more attractive you are with pixie hair, or how your facial structure makes it so much better for you to have short hair. That's a load.
How many Playboy Bunnies have butch haircuts?
Think about it.

Lol. I'd have given my left nut for a little close-in time with Jamie Lee Curtis, at any time over the past few decades, including today, and I've never seen her with anything but a short crop. I've seen Jane Fonda go both short and long, and I liked both looks.
Julia Roberts as Tinkerbelle was hot! Lol
The length of a woman's hair has little effect on my overall reaction to her. I pretty much trust her to choose the way she presents best, cuz she's probably alot more critical of her appearance than I'm ever gonna be.
 Ependa
Msg: 382
Posted: 9/7/2009 10:13:23 AM

lol, that's cool cause I have the mentality of a 12 year old! But , I have to disagree..I don't think my hair looks childish, especially not when I throw it in curlers ...not too often, but it happens. I like to play dress up every once in while. Usually , it's a pony tail, pig tails, or braids...maybe that looks childish =) (in my defense, it's to keep it out of my eyes while I'm punching and kicking...and it intimdates the hell out of the guys I spar ;-) And I never really was one to worry about little things like what people think.

I admit, I did cut it down to mid back in my late 30's...but mainly cause it really hurt my neck when it went to my rear...not to mention I kept slamming it in the car door. Talk about embarrassing =)

If you want long hair that doesn't break..you can try...Neutrogena Humectress...leave in conditioner..it's the best product I use and it smells yummy, too.

edit...

to the ladies debating...gotta agree with Whytwater...one of the sexiest things about women is how different we all are. No molds, no barbies. Long hair, short hair...both are sexy...it's how you pull it off that counts =) Just keep enough in the back or on top for a handle ;-)
 rdunton
Msg: 385
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2009 11:20:06 AM

I've seen runway models with short, almost shaved, heads that are so sexy because of how they carry themselves.

Sorry, but I strongly disagree with that. A shaved head is not a good look for any woman, no matter how confident she is or how she carries herself.
 rdunton
Msg: 386
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2009 6:43:22 AM
cw35,

Your opinion of short hair is a NOT a majority opinion, as you seem to imply. I will state it once again because you can find it all over the POF forums and throughout the internet. Most men (including myself) PREFER long hair (which varies by man, but for me that means shoulder length or longer; not ankle length like one woman mentioned). As I have stated before, that is my personal preference. I never ridiculed the opinions of other men who prefer short hair, but you certainly have ridiculed my personal preference. As for bald women, I don't know of any men that will honestly say that a women with no hair looks better than a woman with hair SL or longer.
 rdunton
Msg: 387
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2009 6:58:49 AM
If a woman can have a preference for the height of a man, why does it make it wrong for a man to have a personal preference regarding a woman's hair length? My preferences are not requirements. However, I see many POF profiles that women have height requirements and they state in their profile that they will not consider anyone that doesn't meet those requirements. There is a huge difference between requirements and preferences
 Ependa
Msg: 388
Posted: 9/8/2009 11:46:38 AM

And it can be much more than a nuisance during intimacy. She can get pinned by it, when you're moving around, and cause pain, it can get caught, it can get in your mouths, it can get in the way, you can breath it in....

lmfao...very true..though not *always* useless..but yeah, nothing like sucking in a mouth full of hair ;-)
 whytwater
Msg: 390
Posted: 9/8/2009 12:48:12 PM

It is a preferance similar to clothing style... we all have our own

Lol, my signature cut is scruffy. But I have a Wrangler that goes everywhere with me, the wind hits you in the back of the head, and it gives ya that "freshly fvcked" look.
Which I kinda like, for myself, and my friends. Although it does raise an eyebrow sometimes. Lol
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 391
Posted: 9/8/2009 12:48:38 PM

LMAO ~ and this statement is the epitome of maturity?????

Also, long hair isn't the easiest to grow. When women age, their hormones lessen. The skin becomes dry and hair becomes dry and brittle as well.

I don't know about that. I had short hair til I was 40. I finally had the patience to take good care of it, and work through the seriously obnoxious phases when growing all the layers out. It's not dry, nor it is unhealthy.

I would love to have longer hair but it breaks off when it gets to a certain point. I wish no man my age goes bald but that's just the way it goes. We don't have control over it!

A woman's right ~ to change her mind. Childish the first sentence, resulting in wishes for long hair. I like that. No one said we need to pick a stance and stick to it!
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >