Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rdunton
Msg: 393
view profile
History
Very long hair on a woman is very femine and sexy, but few women have long hairPage 7 of 33    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33)
verityone,

A lot of your comments are so far off base. I'm not ridiculing your apparent preference for short hair on women, but some of these arguments are baseless and some of them are contradictory.

I said:

Sorry, but I strongly disagree with that. A shaved head is not a good look for any woman, no matter how confident she is or how she carries herself.

This is part of what you had to say:

when she looked the best was just getting out of the shower with her hair slicked back. Her hair was so blond it almost looked like her head was shaven. It didn't detract from her looks at all. Same when she'd get out of the water from swimming.
Tell me you've never seen a swimsuit model with her hair wet and slicked back and found her yummy...

My response: What you described is completely different from what I described. What I was talking about is when a woman decides to shave her head bald just because she wants to and you are talking about a woman that still has hair, but it looks bald when she gets out of the shower or when she gets done swimming. Big difference.

GoodWitchBeth said:

How many Playboy Bunnies have butch haircuts?

This is another partial quote from you:

I've dated numerous models, and dated one from Toronto in the early 90's that later did a pictorial in Playboy. She had hair just slightly less than midway down her back, and I can tell you that 90 % of the time, she wore her hair up or in a ponytail

My response: This is a very contradictory argument to make. The question was "How many Playboy bunnies have butch (very short) haircuts?" If a women you dated had hair just above mid-back length, regardless of whether she wore it up most most of the time or in a ponytail, that would still be considered long, would it not. You are trying to compare a woman with short hair and one with long hair that has it up or in a ponytail. That is definitely not the same. A women that has mid-back length hair (even though she usually wears it up) has the ability to wear it down long if she wants to. How does a women with a short crop do this? IMO, this is like comparing apples to oranges.

GoodWitchBeth made another statement:

And don't tell me how much more attractive you are with pixie hair, or how your facial structure makes it so much better for you to have short hair. That's a load

Your response:

Wrong. Women with long hair often wear their hair in a ponytail and look great. I love it when a woman with long hair wears her hair up, or in a bun. It exposes her neck and jawline.
It's irresistible.

My response: Once again you are attempting to compare a woman with short hair to a woman with her long hair worn up or in a ponytail. That is not even close to the same.
 rdunton
Msg: 394
view profile
History
Very long hair on a woman is very femine and sexy, but few women have long hair
Posted: 9/8/2009 4:23:24 PM
I neglected to comment on your other examples because my posting was long enough as it was. I didn't need to have a whole page devoted to my own posting.

Now that you mention it though, I will check images of all these women with long and short hair.

If you like short hair on women, then that is your personal preference. It is my personal preference that all these women looked better with long hair. IMO, none of these women you mentioned look better with short hair.

I have never seen any woman that looks better with short hair and none of these examples are changing my mind. Long hair has always been, is now, and will continue to be more feminine. Some of these women before cutting their hair had very nice looking hair. Its too bad these beauties probably cut their hair off (like many other women do) because someone told them they were getting to old to have long hair and that they would look better with the short crop. Sorry, but I don't agree with the aforementioned "logic" and will never agree.

Women say they want to look younger, but almost every woman I have seen that has cut her hair from long (SL or longer) to short (pixie, ear length, etc.) has managed to make herself look older, sometimes dramatically (5-10 years or more).
 sunny snow storm
Msg: 395
Posted: 9/8/2009 8:39:12 PM
i love my long hair but, i must say that in the summer i cant take the heat and will cut it off in a heart beat..........its only hair and will grow back by winter...............
 WalkingInLondon
Msg: 398
Posted: 9/9/2009 12:45:31 AM
I love my long red hair. I get compliments on it all the time. The only people who ever say they think I should cut it are my mother ( she has that old lady cut and my dad is constantly pressuring her to let hers grow out, and I think she is just jealous), my ex-hairdresser (she is scissor happy, and once cut my bangs way too short and it took 6 months for them to grow out, and then cut 4 inches off of the length I think out of spite-needless to say I will never go back to her again-she has a horribly short haircut herself), and my daughter, who has shoulder length hair and goes between wanting us to get matching funky haircuts (Hell NO!) and wanting me to let it keep growing!

My boyfriend would shit bricks if I cut it off, he loves it long, and so do I. People actually stop me on the street to compliment me on my hair, so I'm letting it grow back to waist length. It's about halfway down my back now, and I love it. I can do anything with it, and it is easy to maintain. I had it short once back in 2000 and I looked like a dyke and I cried all the time that I had no hair. I will never do that again. I wouldn't have done it then, but my hair got totally ruined by an amateur trying to color it dark for a theatre show, then trying to get the color out...totally ruined it and it was breaking off, there was nothing to do but cut it all off. It was totally traumatic.

Never again!!!!

Beth
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 401
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2009 9:45:17 AM
A thought and a question for the ladies who have their hair short:

Most girls between the ages of 2-10 have their hair length and style choosen by their mothers. If one drives by a school, playground, church or shopping facility the majority of these young girls have long hair. Why do the mothers choose to have their daughters hair length long but the mothers, usually, have their own hair short?

I know there will be exceptions but overall what we see in society are little girls with long hair. Ladies why is your hair short but your daughters hair long?

Inquiring minds want to know.
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 402
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2009 10:10:53 AM
*Coveredinpaint*

There are lot's of male characterictics, why do women focus on just a few. "Because, to women, some male characteristics stand out more than others".

By now I believe most women realise that men are "VERY" visual oriented and long hair is very dominent to us. If the ladies don't like this characteristic complain to the devine engineer who designed and programmed us (and I'm not talking about our parents). It's part of us and it's not going to change. There are characteristics about women that men don't particularly like but it's part of your make up and our complaining does nothing more than alienate us from you. Verbally emasculating a man for this won't change anything. Telling us to look past this is like men asking, "why do women have to be so emotional"? Because it's part of what makes you a woman and no amount of griping on our part will change it. We understand and occassionally make jokes about this.

In these forums women always complain about certain male characteristics over and over and some of these characteristics "we have little or no control over". Ladies, you demand we accept characteristics women are born with and have little control over but you are not willing to give the same grace toward men. The majority of men may not argue back but we do take notice and it turns us off.
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 403
Posted: 9/9/2009 10:31:43 AM

In these forums women always complain about certain male characteristics over and over and some of these characteristics "we have little or no control over". Ladies, you demand we accept characteristics women are born with and have little control over but you are not willing to give the same grace toward men. The majority of men may not argue back but we do take notice and it turns us off.

While that's true, I'm more bothered with being expected to accept the things these particular women can control, but won't.

Hair length isn't an issue for me, since the women I choose to date look good (to me) either way. I can agree that a lot of women do appear more feminine with long hair, but can't say that the reason they do is a compliment.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 407
Posted: 9/10/2009 1:45:39 AM
I generally like long hair on a girl too.

Just like I gererally like brunettes, but will date the right blond... I prefer longer hair but I will date a shorter haired women IF she is really exceptional in all other ways.

Long hair wins. Sorry ladies.

-8sf8
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 408
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2009 7:34:05 AM
I posted this earlier and recieved no response. I'm not trying to be critical. This is an observation and it's seems to be such a dicotomy:
----------------------------------------------
A thought and a question for the ladies who have their hair short:

Most girls between the ages of 2-10 have their hair length and style choosen by their mothers. If one drives by a school, playground, church or shopping facility the majority of these young girls have long hair. Why do the mothers choose to have their daughters hair length long but the mothers, usually, have their own hair short?

I know there will be exceptions but overall what we see in society are little girls with long hair. Ladies why is your hair short but your daughters hair long?
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 411
Posted: 9/10/2009 6:10:28 PM
^^^ The day time talk shows lie. All the time.
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 412
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2009 7:51:13 PM
I guess the opinion seems to be divided between long is easier and long is more difficult.

One thing I would be hesitant to do is put much trust in daytime talk shows. Like alot of television programing money is a big motivator. I don't place any trust in them personally.
 jacob8088
Msg: 413
Posted: 9/10/2009 9:14:08 PM
I have no idea why some women cut their hair so short. For the most part, I prefer a woman with long hair..
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 415
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2009 7:04:32 AM
spicynicegirl

I guess one needs to define the definition of "long". From your photogtaph your's seems to be shoulder length. Sort of midway between "short" and "down your back" so you haven't cut it to the same length that a man does. What men, generally, don't care for is as you approach 60 you'll cut your hair shorter and shorter until it's the same length as ours. Business has had me visit the land down under (Australia) three times so far and the fashion trends seem to be similar to those of the USA.

By the way do Aussies have a nick name for those of us in the USA? Obviously something one can place on a forum. I was surprised that Sydney can be warm during the day and almost cold at night during July. I assume the ocean is the cause?
 sub girl wanted
Msg: 416
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2009 11:45:09 AM
If im checking out an attractive girl,i try to imagine what she would look like with NO hair....if she still looks gorgeous,shes gorgeous,baby.
 rdunton
Msg: 417
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2009 11:14:15 AM

i prefer women with long hair, very few women look good with short hair. just my opinion

That's my opinion too. I have never seen ONE woman who looks better with her hair short instead of long. Some women may look OK with short hair, but I haven't seen any that look better. Women almost always look better with longer hair (shoulder length or longer).
 MoralStand
Msg: 418
Posted: 9/17/2009 4:53:58 PM
I am not the biker type but I have long hair because I feel very feminine and kinda glamorous with it. And mostly because certain macho types especially, like it. It's a bit passed my shoulders. When I go for to work I like to look more professional and pull it back alot though.

I see women with beautiful hair cut it till it is short and plain...sometimes it doens't even bounce or swing a bit. At least we have choices though. Many say it is easier to care for..but all they have to do is not style it perhaps, and maybe put conditioner in it so it can be combed very easily.
 tayl0rd
Msg: 419
Posted: 9/17/2009 7:35:26 PM
By the way do Aussies have a nick name for those of us in the USA? Obviously something one can place on a forum. I was surprised that Sydney can be warm during the day and almost cold at night during July. I assume the ocean is the cause?

They call us "yanks." And if you've been to Australia several times (or at least took a Geography class in grade school), you do realize that July is the middle of Winter in Australia, don't you? Pretty sure that's why it's cold at night. That whole "southern hemisphere" thing...

Oh, and kind of on topic... My current SO has very long hair down to just above her butt and I love it! She's going to grow it to below her butt then donate some to Locks-for-Love. How awesome is she?
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 426
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2009 8:57:35 PM
The reason hair is the main discussion is it is the question of this topic. A woman may have an attractive face but long hair "ADDS" to that beauty. ADDS is the important term here.

There are many things a woman can do to herself to help draw the attention of men. Hair length is "one" of them. It is not the one and only, but women are usually trying to get the cards stacked in their favor to draw a man's attention. Ladies you may dislike and get upset because we like long hair but that doesn't change how men view women. If you want convienience over "one more advantage" that's your choice.
 Zoso2011
Msg: 427
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2009 8:54:55 AM
Long hair is so much sexier and feminine. The longer it is, the more I like it. Give me a woman with very long silky soft hair and I'll take care of it for her, brush it, wash it, pay for her salon appointments. To me, it is what I love, why wouldn't I want to take care of it for her? It would be a pleasure to me.
 jaqi
Msg: 429
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2009 5:50:53 PM
I look like a witch with my hair long ... even my hairdresser in Berlin said I looked like a witch and he chopped it off. Whenever I have tried to grow it it becomes thin and straggly and the minute I step out of the door it looks a mess. Hence my hair is short.... I am not short ~no pun intended~ of compliments as it is naturally curly and always styled and I know I suit it far better short than long. I certainly wouldn't attempt to grow it long for a man... if he fancies me enough to ask me out with it short why would he want to change me ?
 Sabrosura
Msg: 431
Posted: 9/19/2009 7:00:16 PM
Long hair is not for everyone, and it can be feminine/sexy if it is well-maintained. I love it because I can do many things with it. Although there are times that I'm not in the mood to fuss with it and I can always slick it back and voila!

However, I must say there are sexy short haircuts as well. Look at Halle Berry, and others........sexy and very feminine. It depends on one's texture of hair/cut, lifestyle, and how well you maintain it.
 gracengracie
Msg: 432
Posted: 9/19/2009 7:39:35 PM
I think long hair takes 4x thw effort to keep it nicely and most of us women are very busy raising kids and working and doing house chores and have to keep it less time consuming to look presentable...so we choose the shorter version

Hilly1971... I think your comment about you needing long hair its off....you have a very nice face...no need to hide LOL. BTW I like men....just can appreciate a pretty face.
 rdunton
Msg: 434
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2009 11:05:58 AM
I am referring to the people who are stating that a woman is only attractive with long hair and there is no exception.

I am not aware that anyone has stated that. Some of us (myself included) have stated a preference for long hair on women. I can only speak for myself, but for me long hair on a woman would be shoulder length or longer. For some, long would probably be defined much differently. Many men do prefer women with hair longer than their own hair. That is not to say that we wouldn't be interested in a woman with short hair. However, with that being said, we still may be more interested in a woman with longer hair. If there were two women that I saw at a singles event and one has ear-length hair cut and one has SL length hair with all other being equal, I would be more inclined to approach the woman with longer hair. IMO, long hair on a woman is generally more attractive than short hair.
 soatlanta
Msg: 436
Posted: 9/29/2009 12:05:16 PM
The older we women get, the less likely we give a shat what some "men" may think.
Most of us "older" women are way too busy with jobs, kids, house-stuff..etc.and it has nothing to do with being lazy.
I wouldn't care if a man has hair or not...
now teeth...
 TOMic bomb
Msg: 437
Posted: 9/29/2009 12:32:42 PM
^^^^^when you get too old and too lazy to have long hair you're too old to be attractive to men so you may as well learn to live without us and date your B.O.B.

no wonder we like 25 year olds!!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >