Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 white_flag
Msg: 441
Very long hair on a woman is very femine and sexy, but few women have long hairPage 8 of 33    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33)
I have long hair and I love it. I've been told by a few guys never, ever, ever cut my hair short.

Besides, it gives 'em something to hold on to when they're behind me
 soatlanta
Msg: 443
Very long hair on a woman is very femine and sexy, but few women have long hair
Posted: 9/30/2009 7:44:14 AM
I'm older..not lazy. For practical reasons I keep my hair short...I work around food(sanitary) and use power tools.(safety)..probably run circles around your butt.
I cover my grays and have a nice cut..the women here have beautifull hair..long or short..old or young..most of us try to look our best...
You should stick to the 25 yr olds.. makes the weeding out process easier for us.
Though I don't believe most 25 yr olds would tolerate your jerk comments for too long either.
 rdunton
Msg: 444
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2009 11:00:58 AM
Hair doesn't make the woman.......

That's true, but then again, height doesn't make a man, but many women I have talked to think it does.

Just like most women like men that are taller, many men like women with longer hair. That's just the way it is.
 Jacquline5
Msg: 445
Posted: 9/30/2009 2:56:23 PM
Since i'm a woman, to me long hair is pain to take care of. I keep my hair at shoulder length.
 rdunton
Msg: 446
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2009 7:15:39 PM
I am referring to the people who are stating that a woman is only attractive with long hair and there is no exception.

I am not aware that anyone has stated that.

I will stick by what I said.

I am very aware of my own postings. Maybe it is you that needs to read and comprehend them.

I have never seen any woman that looks better with short hair

I will stick by this. I have never stated that women don't look OK with short hair, but I will state as I have before that I have never seen any women that look BETTER with short hair. Maybe some people think that women that have went short look better, but I do not. All those examples I was given do not look better to me with short hair.

A short man could be drop dead gorgeous, and desirable, but simply fall short of a woman's personal preference for height. She could still find him "attractive" and "masculine", but simply not entirely "desirable".

Really. Apparently you haven't read many profiles from women on here. For many of them height is a rigid requirement that they will not give an inch on (pardon the pun). What I have stated is a preference for women with long hair (defined by me as SL or longer; maybe much different for other guys). This is a preference of mine, but not a requirement. However, when it says on many women's profiles that they will not date anyone under 5'9 or 6'0 or 6'3, that sounds suspiciously like a requirement, don't you think?

I just proved how narrow minded at least one poster in this thread is...

Wow. Your 'my way or the highway' mentality seems to be much more narrow minded than my personal preferences. Here you are calling me narrow minded because I don't agree with your personal preferences. There is a reason they are called personal preferences, because they are personal. You and another man on here disagree with me, but I have not in any way tried to make you guys look bad. However, both of you have tried to make me look like the 'bad guy' on several occasions. So then, who are the narrow minded ones here? I think its kind of obvious.
 TOMic bomb
Msg: 448
Posted: 10/3/2009 5:44:24 PM

If you can get a 25 year old, more power to you. I have a feeling they're not lining up for guys approaching 60.

i believe if we took a poll the vast majority of men would say long hair is sexy and that they prefer it.

as for your comment above all i can say is you are correct. they are not lining up for me. but it may surprise you that i do get a goodly number of them to date.
i just got it goin' on!!!

like they tell me themselves, that number is meaningless to some people, just as race is. why be prejudiced against age?

long live long hair!!!!
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 450
Posted: 10/3/2009 10:16:01 PM
I think most men do prefer long hair.
When mine is long i get a LOT more male attention.
Long hair is beautiful and very feminine.
Many men feel that the long hair is one of the feminine differences betwen man and woman.
My husband always begged me not to cut mine.
Now that he is passed away, and i live in the sub-tropics, the humidity makes me feel like im wearing a sweater on my head and i attack it with scissors.
 TOMic bomb
Msg: 451
Posted: 10/4/2009 7:29:04 AM
thanx cw35 msg 603
(it's good genes and moistuizer every day to keep the wrinkles away.)

you are correct that there is a double standard. to a few women, men my age are creepers, pervs or pathetic. older women going for young men are considered kewl. thank god there is an opening of minds for older men and younger women. i've found the 35 yr olds balk most at dating me and the ones in their 20's are more open to it.

to each his own but LONG HAIR says something about you when a woman gets older. it says i'm not old and i refuse to give in to that stupid number that goes after my name. that number does NOT define who i really am and i'm not going to let it dictate my life.

so grow your hair long ladies. looking good and having a young outlook on life is like wearing 5"heels.... not always comfortable but dayum! SEXY!!!!!
 TOMic bomb
Msg: 453
Posted: 10/4/2009 7:42:16 AM
some people are comfortable being frumpy. those are the ones who are dateless or short term relationship material or settle for a frumpy man.

good luck to those women being themselves.

(read "i give up on that part of my femininity")
 Tarah0128
Msg: 455
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2009 2:07:49 PM
Tsk, tsk, you shouldn't be bitter about men just because you're old and frumpy

TOMicbomb is the bomb! I want him bad!
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 457
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2009 7:45:13 PM
soatlanta:
"The older we women get, the less likely we give a shat what some "men" may think."
... and you think this attitude isn't picked up by men around you? And women wonder why men won't write them, call them, talk to them or flirt with them? Read what you just wrote. I.E. To any man that might have an interest in you, you could care less about what he may want or think. This may be why some women on POF are still here. And men who happen to have the same attitide as well!
 varinia
Msg: 460
Posted: 10/5/2009 9:13:12 AM
I think there can be regional differences as well. I lived in the South for a long time and whenever the subject came up Southern men seem to equate long hair with femininity.

There are certainly women that look gorgeous with short hair : Halle Berry, I think Toni Braxton looks better with short hair, etc.

For myself, I will always have my hair shoulder long or longer. I have a round face and short hair doesn't look good on me at all. Plus I have so much dam* hair, that it would be enough for a couple of people ;-). When it's short it's very hard to keep it in shape, because it' just so bulky.

So 'long hair' gets my vote!
 want to travel
Msg: 461
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2009 1:46:14 PM
long hair is feminine, as to why women dont keep it long, its because it has grown out of style for women to make there men happy
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 464
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2009 7:56:39 PM
25 pages on hair length?! How sad!!
 whytwater
Msg: 465
Posted: 10/6/2009 4:15:09 AM

but to say that women with short hair (in general) are any less attractive, feminine, or have any less desire to make their man happy, simply because she chooses to wear her hair shorter is absolute hog-wash

I agree with you, but for one thing- that flip of the hair. Gets me, and every other concious male in the vicinity, especially when followed by eye contact! Add a smile, and several of us feel faint.
 TOMic bomb
Msg: 466
Posted: 10/6/2009 6:55:21 AM
spicynicegirl msg 616 said

If you want a man more than twice your age then good for you

why do you object to women half my age wanting me? of course they do. it's extremely common.

do you object to interracial dating? same sex dating? why R U prejudiced? this IS 2009 for gawds sake!

during sex:
i love it when a woman's LONG HAIR is hanging in my face cutting off some of my oxygen as i strain to work her harder and harder.

i love it when she whips me with her LONG HAIR or when she's going down on me a blanket of hair is tickling my body!

i love it when when i can grab that LONG MANE OF HAIR during doggy and pull on it like i'm riding a wild animal!

HOW BOUT IT GUYS????? YEAH!!!!
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 468
Posted: 10/6/2009 10:27:11 AM
I can't say I prefer long hair, as I've noted earlier. It depends on the woman, and what looks best on her. Some women actually look better with short hair. I do understand the frustration of TOMic Bomb with older women who can't deal with a man dating mostly younger women. They don't seem to have a problem with women dating younger men though.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 473
Posted: 10/8/2009 3:34:33 PM

(Hilly1971) Very long hair on a woman is attractive because it takes emphasis away from their face. Its a sad fact of life that plain or ugly women should always have long hair to draw attention away from their faces. Short hair on ugly women just makes them look even worse, where as long hair can kind of hide stuff you don't want others to see.

Me ...I should probably have it right down to my ass...

I disagree. You're quite fetching.
 ChevSeleah
Msg: 475
Posted: 10/8/2009 4:14:50 PM
Not me, I have very long blonde naturally curly hair and love it! It is almost to my waist and am not planning to cut it anytime soon except to keep it trimmed up and pretty.

'Chev
 Svetlana Blue
Msg: 479
Posted: 11/11/2009 9:39:24 AM
ENQUIRER.....lmfaoooooooooooo cut my hair once I find a man? WTF? I keep it long and down to my ass for two reasons. A) it is thick and healthy B) I like my man to pull my fkn hair when he is behind me. Cutting it off is for girls. Keeping it long is for women.
 Thaddal
Msg: 480
Posted: 11/11/2009 9:39:30 AM
Ive got long hair....and...it suits me...tried the short hair years ago..and...didnt do much for me....some women look great in it...but..not all of us do....i am one of those women...
 whytwater
Msg: 481
Posted: 11/11/2009 9:48:03 AM

this truly is all that matters ...and..... it applies to men's hair too *grins*

THAT approach, with all its ramications, is friggin irresistible!
Hey, mine is longer than yours! Lol. But that doesn't matter, right?
 Svetlana Blue
Msg: 483
Posted: 11/11/2009 10:04:55 AM
FLEUR..lol I would love a reason to go to my room...:) Laffin You know I love ya. :)

If they do not pull on your hair, ask then to...or TELL them. :)
 Chitownguy40
Msg: 485
Posted: 11/11/2009 2:29:14 PM
Maybe because caring for long hair is a pain in the neck?
 *pisceseyes
Msg: 487
Posted: 11/11/2009 4:36:33 PM
MSG 651 i agree. mine's below my mid back now and not too much to do (i dont even dry it manually.. let it air dry..healthier) ALWAYS have had long hair but shortest has been to my shoulders but even that was too much work
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >