Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why Men Love Bitches      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Greeneyezz
Msg: 26
Why Men Love BitchesPage 2 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
^^^^ COMPLETEKAOS msg:24

LMAO!

What - ya don't like my "novels"!?

Just trying to "enlighten the UNenlightened"!

][KAOS][
Msg: 27
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/24/2006 11:38:10 PM
No I meant the book silly. Your novel was.. umm.. fine. At least the 1st and last paragraph that I read.
 real12luv
Msg: 28
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/25/2006 2:14:51 AM
I would venture to guess it depends on your interpretation of the word '****' personally I take it a bit on the lighter side. I love a 'cocky' woman with self-assurance & an attitude & isn't afraid to give me a swift kick in the jimmies when I deserve it & believe me, I deserve it often........Not into the meek. JMO.
 !somewhere
Msg: 29
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/25/2006 7:07:32 AM
@Greeneyes, regarding message 27:

Maybe you should read the OP of a forum before jumping into it.
This forum is about a book.
That's what Kaos and everyone else here was refering to with their posts.

Now, did I just enlighten you as to what's actually going on here?
 SimbadSailor
Msg: 30
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/25/2006 7:20:54 AM
If I were at Barnes & Noble, and a pretty girl were there, I would be interested in meeting her.
If I saw her checking or even worse, buying this book, I would lose interest immediately.

Ok, I don't know what the book is about. But neither she, and if the title caught her eye, there may be a reason for it.
 ~squirrly~
Msg: 31
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/25/2006 7:24:25 AM
Read this book two summers ago, when my daughters and I went to the beach for a girl's
only vacation and my eldest brought the book. We had some laughs over it. It does have
some truths. It's not so much about what we regularly consider "b*tches" to be..ie. nasty
and overbearing ...it's more to do with having a strong will & faith in yourself. The opposite
of being clingy and whiney.

The part about the thrill of the chase is hilarious but so true. eg. guy goes on hunting trip,
sleeps in grungy sleepng bag & gets chewed up by mosquitoes, eats food that inmates
wouldn't touch...and what for? The Hunt. If he actually shoots a moose, he comes home
prouder than a peacock & decorates his wall with its head.

Now if you dropped a dead moose on his doorstep, he'd want nothing to do with it even
if its the same moose he had hunted.This is how the pursuit affects his interest in women.
When a woman chases a man, it has the same effect as if she were to deliver a dead moose
to his front door.
 Wild Heart
Msg: 32
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/25/2006 7:30:26 AM
I know lots of men who married so-called b*tches in their 20's. Now they are divorced - the women left them.

As for the book, never read it. Tend to stear clear of those types of books.
 rainbowfishh
Msg: 33
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/25/2006 8:14:50 AM
msg 32...
I recall that part !
LOL

its too bad many people are so closed minded when they
see/ hear the word B1TCH...
its a very good book... and not at all what people would think.

All men love a B!TCH... as she is in control of herself and not a
whiney pain who is all about drama.
Many men would learn a lot if they read it.... I know of one man
who read it and he said he was very surprised how good it was.

Of course he was a very cool and open minded person with a higher than
average ability to understand and learn.
 SimbadSailor
Msg: 34
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/25/2006 8:34:55 AM
A **** is not a **** because she wants control over her life. A **** is a **** because she wants control over his life.

And you should know better than trying to learn about men from women. The fact that so many guys are put off by it (and that some women call them "close minded" instead of understanding their feelings) should give you a clue.
 Jetplague
Msg: 35
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/25/2006 8:38:43 AM
I thought only Pimps loved their bi-t-ches?
 molonel
Msg: 36
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/25/2006 8:45:16 AM
It's a book that attempts to tackle the age-old question of, "Why don't men like NICE girls?"

(Boo! Hiss! Boo! Hiss! Not another NICE anything thread!)
 ~squirrly~
Msg: 37
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/25/2006 8:52:00 AM
Never judge a book by it's title LOL...it can be misleading. I am sure she used it to
cause some controversy. It actually has similarities to the whole nice guy/jerk issue
that keeps arising here on the forums. The so called "nice" girl is a doormat. She over-
compensates, giving everything to a man she hardly knows, without him having to invest
much in the relationship. She's the woman who gives blindly because she wants so much for
her attention to be reciprocated. We have all been there...done that...got the T-shirt.

In our minds..."I am going the extra mile"...in his mind.." she's trying too hard. She's
desperate". In our minds...." I am nurturing"... in his mind ..."she is mothering" etc....

One of the main things I got from reading this book is...NEVER lose your sense of
humour!
 athletic_funny3
Msg: 38
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/25/2006 8:57:36 AM
Proof of the power of physical attraction. Some Men put up with ****es because they are beautiful or more attractive than their male mate. So the man will do anything to stay with her since he thinks he will never do better than this. This is the reason unattractive women have great personalities they can't afford to be ****es or the guy will leave. I dated a model once that tried to pull that crap on me. She may be beautiful but I have some self respect.
 roadspur
Msg: 39
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/25/2006 8:58:19 AM
Good B1tch - Bad B1tch - same thing in my book

why in the world would any man want one???? I'd rather have a real woman

montanadharma
Msg: 40
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/25/2006 9:07:33 AM
I would bet this book is a big seller with women only, even though its title implies that it's a self help book for men. Is someone keeping track as to how many women vs. men like/dislike the book? I'm certain it will be proportionately lopsided.

Shalom,
Robert
 SimbadSailor
Msg: 41
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/25/2006 9:22:50 AM
I googled for the author, Sherry Argov, but nowhere in it says if she's married or single (not even in her own website). But I found her pic. Ok, so she's a hot blonde.

Perhaps if you are hot, slim and blonde you may be a **** and still get a man. Or perhaps, the title should be: "men love ****es, if they're hot enough to offset being a pain in the ass".
 strangebloom
Msg: 42
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/25/2006 10:28:13 AM
"I read it last year...

was a "GREAT BOOK"

its about how a woman can protect herself emotionally....

and pretty funny too."

This makes me sad. I would think if you need to protect yourself emotionally, you should move on. I sincerely hope that all of these books offering women advice begins with:

"Communicate with your partner"

I am sure I am not the only man who forgot to pick up his mind reading helmet when they were on sale, and truly appreciate a woman that can tell me when she is feeling bad about something and for whatever reason I missed it.
 pansatyros
Msg: 43
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/25/2006 10:53:11 AM
Never read the book...I'm a man (I think) and I don't love b*tches (besides the four-legged ones)... I feel sorry for them unless they are enough b*tches to me to trigger my poisonous sarcasm (which I always regret in the end)...
 Metaphysicalman
Msg: 44
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/25/2006 11:09:06 AM
It doesn't surprise me, that men who didn't read the book, couldn't read the O.P. Either!
 LolaShy
Msg: 45
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/25/2006 11:31:39 AM

The so called "nice" girl is a doormat. She over-compensates, giving everything to a man she hardly knows, without him having to invest much in the relationship. She's the woman who gives blindly because she wants so much for her attention to be reciprocated. We have all been there...done that...got the T-shirt.

In our minds..."I am going the extra mile"...in his mind.." she's trying too hard. She's
desperate". In our minds...." I am nurturing"... in his mind ..."she is mothering"

OMG so I am a beeyotch. Wow I learn something new everyday! Gonna go get me a Tshirt then!
 MsMidwest
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/25/2006 11:34:23 AM
Well it's been very interesting reading everyones replies!! I read a few inserts of the book online and it does seem like a very interesting book ..... it isn't about how to be the typical **** you run into at the store or elsewhere, it's about women who don't let others walk all over her, take advantage, and all of that. I went to the book store today to buy it ... I went to the self help / relationship section, looked at the book and then thought... is reading this really going to make me change my ways with men? Am I really giong to stop being the sweet girl who tries too hard at times and gets taken advantage of sometimes? Soooo needless to stay I put the book down and bought a book about outragous stories of medical cases -- (a woman who swallowed a toothbrush).

So my question now to those who have read it .... after reading the book did you actually change some of your dating habits??
 Metaphysicalman
Msg: 47
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/25/2006 11:46:24 AM
Sorry, as I am not a woman, and am not responding to your last question. I think that book is worth reading, but with a grain of salt. All those books for both sexes, tend to be a bit extreme, I think.

But anything that empowers a person through self awareness and knowledge, is a good thing.

Also, In some cases, men are NOT all the same! I for one, would just as soon, send out for my Moose! Not into the hunt, no thanks!
 rainbowfishh
Msg: 48
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/25/2006 11:47:07 AM
msg 49...
YOU BET !!!

The best thing to come from it is all the time I
have for me now... what I want and need... and so many offers
to help.

Its great !

I still cook.. because I eat mostly vegan type food ( not much meat)
but keep my ground as the book describes.
I have stopped some things I used to do........

I liked the book.
 souldesires
Msg: 49
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/25/2006 12:03:34 PM

The best thing to come from it is all the time I
have for me now... what I want and need... and so many offers
to help.

Its great !

I still cook.. because I eat mostly vegan type food ( not much meat)
but keep my ground as the book describes.
I have stopped some things I used to do........

I liked the book.

to read a book and become even a better B!tch......

I some how don't think You needed any real help from this book.
 canali
Msg: 50
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/25/2006 12:20:03 PM
yeah, whatever....another book proselytizing the so-called ultra independent babe (yawn )...if that's the case, why are so many on here looking for romance....so before you get your flame throwers out ladies, here's my take (as already expressed ad nauseum): we all want and need intimacy (that's right NEED, and let's stop BSing ourselves that we only want it but not need it...whatever!)...and the sooner we face up to that fact and stop engaging in so many activities as a filler for such, we (both genders) will all be happier....my ideal is being with a woman in which 3 elements are central: the I, the You and the WE/US.

I'm not saying you can't be independent but also intimate...we've drawn for too long an incorrect black or white approach to it...I have heard of some couples, for instance, in which they do live in separate homes and because of such have been able to maintain a wonderfully intimate relationship...when they move in together all hell breaks loose....'tis in the gray zones of life that I think we must look a little more closely for our answers, too.

Now I have NOT read the book, so if I've incorrectly/hastily assessedthe premise, excuse me
but with a title like that, (yawn!).

IF our friends, families and pets were able to provide the kind of unique intimacy that a loving one-one relationship provided, then great, we'd all be happy; and while those types of TLC are important and fulfilling, we all know deep inside that they're not the ultimate type of intimacy that we really all desire and truly reaches us so deeply inside.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why Men Love Bitches