Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why Men Love Bitches      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 roadspur
Msg: 26
Why Men Love BitchesPage 2 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
Good B1tch - Bad B1tch - same thing in my book

why in the world would any man want one???? I'd rather have a real woman

montanadharma
Msg: 27
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/25/2006 9:07:33 AM
I would bet this book is a big seller with women only, even though its title implies that it's a self help book for men. Is someone keeping track as to how many women vs. men like/dislike the book? I'm certain it will be proportionately lopsided.

Shalom,
Robert
 strangebloom
Msg: 28
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/25/2006 10:28:13 AM
"I read it last year...

was a "GREAT BOOK"

its about how a woman can protect herself emotionally....

and pretty funny too."

This makes me sad. I would think if you need to protect yourself emotionally, you should move on. I sincerely hope that all of these books offering women advice begins with:

"Communicate with your partner"

I am sure I am not the only man who forgot to pick up his mind reading helmet when they were on sale, and truly appreciate a woman that can tell me when she is feeling bad about something and for whatever reason I missed it.
 pansatyros
Msg: 29
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/25/2006 10:53:11 AM
Never read the book...I'm a man (I think) and I don't love b*tches (besides the four-legged ones)... I feel sorry for them unless they are enough b*tches to me to trigger my poisonous sarcasm (which I always regret in the end)...
 Metaphysicalman
Msg: 30
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/25/2006 11:09:06 AM
It doesn't surprise me, that men who didn't read the book, couldn't read the O.P. Either!
 LolaShy
Msg: 31
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/25/2006 11:31:39 AM

The so called "nice" girl is a doormat. She over-compensates, giving everything to a man she hardly knows, without him having to invest much in the relationship. She's the woman who gives blindly because she wants so much for her attention to be reciprocated. We have all been there...done that...got the T-shirt.

In our minds..."I am going the extra mile"...in his mind.." she's trying too hard. She's
desperate". In our minds...." I am nurturing"... in his mind ..."she is mothering"

OMG so I am a beeyotch. Wow I learn something new everyday! Gonna go get me a Tshirt then!
 MsMidwest
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/25/2006 11:34:23 AM
Well it's been very interesting reading everyones replies!! I read a few inserts of the book online and it does seem like a very interesting book ..... it isn't about how to be the typical **** you run into at the store or elsewhere, it's about women who don't let others walk all over her, take advantage, and all of that. I went to the book store today to buy it ... I went to the self help / relationship section, looked at the book and then thought... is reading this really going to make me change my ways with men? Am I really giong to stop being the sweet girl who tries too hard at times and gets taken advantage of sometimes? Soooo needless to stay I put the book down and bought a book about outragous stories of medical cases -- (a woman who swallowed a toothbrush).

So my question now to those who have read it .... after reading the book did you actually change some of your dating habits??
 Metaphysicalman
Msg: 33
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/25/2006 11:46:24 AM
Sorry, as I am not a woman, and am not responding to your last question. I think that book is worth reading, but with a grain of salt. All those books for both sexes, tend to be a bit extreme, I think.

But anything that empowers a person through self awareness and knowledge, is a good thing.

Also, In some cases, men are NOT all the same! I for one, would just as soon, send out for my Moose! Not into the hunt, no thanks!
 rainbowfishh
Msg: 34
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/25/2006 11:47:07 AM
msg 49...
YOU BET !!!

The best thing to come from it is all the time I
have for me now... what I want and need... and so many offers
to help.

Its great !

I still cook.. because I eat mostly vegan type food ( not much meat)
but keep my ground as the book describes.
I have stopped some things I used to do........

I liked the book.
 ~squirrly~
Msg: 35
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/25/2006 12:50:16 PM
yeah well to be honest, I think if you haven't read the book...then you shouldn't make
comments about it. The title is sensational for a reason. She wants to sell books.
She isn't advocating being an ultra independant 'mad at the world' type of b*tch.

Its about NOT being a doormat but making yourself attractive to the opposite sex
because your opinion is of value and you are interesting and have a life. Would you
rather have a feisty woman or one that follows you around like a puppy dog hanging
on your every word waiting for any crumbs that fall her way? She used the word b*tch,
much like all the men on here seem to think that women like jerks as opposed to nice guys
when really its self confidence that people find attractive...NOT being mean and unfeeling.

But hey, those of us that read the book can talk till we are blue in the face, you will
all have your preconceived notions. Meh.
 rainbowfishh
Msg: 36
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/25/2006 1:43:17 PM
I guess its like the blue balls thread and
some people will just never get it

:)

lol

Fry Lock
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/25/2006 1:53:53 PM
because they keep their ankles and other certain parts warm;

oh, I thought you said britches.....sorry....
 happyinvic
Msg: 38
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/25/2006 2:09:49 PM
[Would you
rather have a feisty woman or one that follows you around like a puppy dog hanging
on your every word waiting for any crumbs that fall her way? She used the word b*tch,
much like all the men on here seem to think that women like jerks as opposed to nice guys]

Unfortunate as it is most people seem to think in extremes and not a common ground.
I would prefer an equal without grudges or low self esteem someone with a sparkle in their eyes ready to enough life for all that it is.
 happyinvic
Msg: 39
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/25/2006 2:11:12 PM
that is...enjoy life for all that it is.
 7matty19
Msg: 40
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/25/2006 2:13:06 PM
This book is a MUST read for every woman!!!! I loved the book, and there is a new one out called 'why men marry ****es" Ladies, you have to read these, I gaurentee you will deal with the male population in a whole different way!
 Metaphysicalman
Msg: 41
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/25/2006 2:13:55 PM
Re Post 57/58

Exactly. . . Well Said!

I saw that book. Did you read it? Is it just a re-hash of the original?
 ~squirrly~
Msg: 42
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/25/2006 2:16:38 PM
happyinvic....actually you cut the sentence before that one which said:

"Its about NOT being a doormat but making yourself attractive to the opposite sex
because your opinion is of value and you are interesting and have a life."

Isn't that someone who is your equal? Not extreme and overbearing at all.
 sailher 46
Msg: 43
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/25/2006 3:35:56 PM
Wow ... now I realize some men neither read profiles OR O.P.s OR these posts. Hmmm. Wouldn't do any good for them to read the book. BTW, it is very funny and we've all been there at one time or another ... probably some of the guys out there too!

happy cruisin'

sailher 46
 wurl
Msg: 44
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/25/2006 4:27:50 PM
This is a hilarious thread.

Of course BITCES are usually above average attractive women. lol and fat women are Jolie!? hehehe Maybe biology really is destiny!

Look up the fair exchange theory which is a study that suggests that we all look for a fair exchange in beauty. A beautiful women has a lot of social power in this brave new world where we all know where we stand without any naivete. Decidedly unromantic, but the loss of such naive charm is the price we pay for the liberal culture we live in.

Just be carefull you don't just pretend to be particularly attractive and price yourself outside of the market.

For the men, .... beware the trophy wife type lady that is attracted to you only as a provider and/or mistakens her affection for you (which you bought) as attraction.

If he/she is not sexually attracted to you (chemistry) no self help book on how to have the attitude and confidance of beauty will change your appearance.
 unknown biker
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/25/2006 5:25:40 PM
yeah even without the book i kinda like beeches. women that are not afraid
tend to be more open. women that are tougher tend to make u be proud
of them when they put a rude a*** down when we are out. the smile of a
confident woman makes me proud that she has chosen me. yep

give me a woman strong
not wrong about her nature
her self worth from birth
that can smile awhile
with love in her heart
no tart for me
she will be happy
not sappy and looking for power
she is into herself
herself filled with power
she doesnt mind it at all
when others say shes wrong
so ill say it one more time
give me a woman strong
 Metaphysicalman
Msg: 46
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/25/2006 6:18:24 PM
Hey Wurl;

I didn't think anyone dared talk like that around here! Yes, we each have a market-value in this mating/dating "GAME"
 logicalnonsense
Msg: 47
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/25/2006 11:58:59 PM
OP...as to your last question: YES..I did change how I behaved when dating after reading the book....it's made a huge difference. I was already making changes in how I dealt with men...the book offered reinforcement and it was quite lighthearted...I don't care what anyone who has not read it thinks...if only everyone understood so much about themselves and the opposite sex....would there be so many bitter threads on here? I am very straightforward...I'm not afraid to say that I don't really understand men on the level I would like to...I find it hard to think like a man...leads to a lot of misinterpretation, and I don't want to gain an understanding of men, if the price is losing my femininity.. I enjoyed the book!

give me a woman strong
not wrong about her nature
her self worth from birth
that can smile awhile
with love in her heart
no tart for me
she will be happy
not sappy and looking for power
she is into herself
herself filled with power
she doesnt mind it at all
when others say shes wrong
so ill say it one more time
give me a woman strong

Thats awesome!!!
 Tayven
Msg: 48
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/26/2006 12:06:51 AM
WHY...?

Because they tell it like it is...!

No matter how much we hate being told the truth, deep inside... we love hearing it. And if you don't, well... good luck getting around it.

Tayven
 sparticuss
Msg: 49
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/26/2006 1:13:50 AM
B.I.T.C.H. Babe In Total Control Of Herself... Great book....about being in control of your life and yourself
====================================

Very interesting.

Lets do a few comparisons

In control
- Me and a gf are going to a show tonight hun. Wanna come along?

Uncontroled
- I don't care if you were going to the big game tonight. I've booked seats for us at the fancy resturnat and jills bringing her new bf. You HAVE to be there or I can never face my friends again

In control
- Is there fuel in the tank and does this thing come with a repair manual

Uncontrolled
- Why doncha sell it an get a decent car
- Hurry up. We'll be late

In control
- If I have a boyfriend who doesn't really know the sensitive spots I just hop on top so I can manouver my sensitive spots over him.

Uncontrolled
- Men are hopeless lovers only ever thinking of themselves.
 ~squirrly~
Msg: 50
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/26/2006 4:56:20 AM
OK just another example of how things get twisted. Its said in control of Herself
NOT anyone else , as the above post shows.

It's about NOT being needy or nagging.

It's about investing in yourself as a woman, using your brain and becoming financially
independant. Keeping your sense of humour and having faith in yourself as a woman.
Then you become a prize worth having from a man's point of view.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why Men Love Bitches