Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > So I got my first hate mail today...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Raveninns
Msg: 25
view profile
History
So I got my first hate mail today...Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I've had all manner of stuff written to me when I've posted in the religion and current events forums. I thought at the time that they're just to cowardly to post up front because they would be thought to be the bigots/racist/haters that they are.

Cheers and SHALOM, I personally love the tag. Raven
 2kindhearted
Msg: 26
So I got my first hate mail today...
Posted: 9/6/2006 1:54:36 PM
Hey Robert, don't feel rained on, I got hate mail for my preferences on my personal profile. So what, we can not please everyone, it's impossible. So do your own thang. What does Shalom mean ? But it's good that you talked about it to us in your forum. Wishing you many blessings of life...2kindhearted here's a hug to make you feel better
 Meface
Msg: 27
Posted: 9/6/2006 2:30:35 PM
How would that person know your threads were turning a lot of people off? Except for a few emails, people on this line don't know each other . They made that up. Last I heard, this was still America and the constitution hasn't been repealed. Freedom of speech.
 TWINSUGARPLUM
Msg: 28
Posted: 9/6/2006 3:06:35 PM
Dont worry about it you cant please everone. Just let it go, she is getting her attention this way. Have a great day, and smile darlin. THANK YOU, ANNETTE
 slow_hand_001
Msg: 29
Posted: 9/7/2006 3:51:35 AM
Back in the day when I had my Pic up some dude in canada sent me an e-mail saying
"should'nt you be stealing cars".

I simply replied saying, please provide me with the year and make of your vehicle as well as your address and I shall be glad to releave you of your vehicle. I guess he had wanted to get into some racial wars and sent me a couple more but I simply deleated them.
 sugarbandit
Msg: 30
Posted: 1/20/2007 12:38:07 AM
EEEEEEEEEEk! I just received some hate mail by a guy who I told that I just want to be friends only..check it out

i shall not work my as* off to share your frustrations, fu** all the guys in your lifes history!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

i'm so done with your bullsh** now

YOU SHOULD HAVE LEFT ME ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

LBP
Msg: 31
Posted: 1/20/2007 1:18:56 AM
I've got some weird racially motivated emails especially if I post in any native threads. A native woman I know has the same stuff happen.

I dunno, maybe these people are so ostracized by their own cultural group they resort to trying to pick on others they see as weaker to make themselves feel better. I'm betting 9 times out of 10 it backfires. There is a pretty bright and articulate group on these forums. Not that it takes being THAT bright or THAT articulate to take on someone who suffers from such ignorance.

These people are so off my radar, I don't even usually bother to report them. I usually address their points one by one exposing their ignorance. Then they feel victimized....awwwww poor babies.

Shalom!
LBP
 Sombient
Msg: 32
Posted: 1/20/2007 2:53:14 PM
^^ Just wait. You'll get hate mail for posting technical discussion or explanations, from those who have flea-sized attention spans. They seem to irritated by forum posts longer than 15 words.
 junipermoon
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2007 4:57:36 PM
i've gotten hate mail for:

being too thin

liking the grateful dead

having a testimonial from a black man (he left the site )

the ability to intelligently discuss sherlock holmes (yes, someone out there hates sherlock holmes).

some unidentified ideological anomaly i still can't quite put my finger on, but someone hates me for it.

at this point, i actually look forward to my hate mail and feel neglected when i don't get it.
 designingwoman
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2007 8:02:51 PM
I had a moron write to me saying that I am too fat when I am of normal weight. This idiot didn't even have a picture up of him. I bet he is a 600 pound butter ball lashing out because I'd written in the forums that I prefer a slender man.

I suggest we find this knucklehead, lock him up in a padded room with Bush, and let them have at each other--both are ugly trolls!
 LBP
Msg: 35
Posted: 1/20/2007 8:10:24 PM

Just wait. You'll get hate mail for posting technical discussion or explanations, from those who have flea-sized attention spans. They seem to irritated by forum posts longer than 15 words.

Are you reading my messages?

Actually for those ones its like they are scared to publically contradict me in a forum so instead send these insane remarks to me in messages. It hasn't happened lately but I've been busy with other stuff. Now that I got some down time, I'm sure it will start again.
 trucndbabe-taken
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/21/2007 12:46:11 AM
I SAY.... FVCK HER.... WHO CARES WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK.... YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO SAY WHATEVER YOU WANT IN THESE FORUMS AND OTHER PEOPLE DONT HAVE THE RIGHT TO TELL YOU WHAT TO DO OR WHAT NOT TO DO. IF IT BOTHERS HER SO MUCH, THEN SHE JUST HAS TO LEARN TO IGNORE IT.

- SHALOM

PS

I WISH I GOT HATE MAIL ONCE AND AWHILE LOL
 junipermoon
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2007 7:14:46 AM
i just got 2 more hate mail messages this morning ~ i'm on a roll!!!
 DonkeyPimp
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2007 11:17:57 AM

I got my first hate mail today from a lovely woman on these boards. I'll just show you what she wrote;

"Just a personal opinion, but I personally am sick and tired of your threads.
Shalom (what the farc is up with that?) why not join a jewish site if that is what you are looking for? (It turns a lot of people off, in case you didn't know)
so I am not going to throw you the 'peace' icon here, I think you get my drift.... "

So, I'm kind of a sensitive person and looked this over pretty carefully. I went so far as to track down some of her posts and found them to be well, less than enlightening.

So, I guess I'm taking a poll here; Do you find it a "turn off" when I use the word Shalom to sign off? If so, what if I just used the word "peace" or "Paz"?

Thanks for your input. I'm just wondering if this person has a point or is just a total freak.

Shalom,
Robert

I seriously hope you were being facetious in your use of the word "lovely".

Other than that, Sweet!, Congratulations, looks like you're getting someone's attention. Don't be surprised if she later sends an explanation/apology email and starts to follow you around like a lost dog.

Now on to read the rest of this thread.
 apple jelly
Msg: 39
Posted: 2/9/2007 12:32:38 AM
I got hate mail today....... It has been a while.
I am on here for the rejection, it builds character.

maybe that is a rule breaker? ^^^^
(who is big something or other, please show yourself, I like
having friends.)
"actions on this site" whew, and I thought there was no action here.

MY HATE MAIL:
well i see you've got the proper photos in your profile. About time. I did notice that there was no photos for a while. Since your friend, big someting or other wanted to delete my accound because of a complaint filed by .....?

Please stay within all rules of POF if at anytime you violate any rule I will file a complaint and request your profile is deleted. Also several people have told me of your actions on this site.

While it is a dating site it is rather strange some one who is not dating is here. Let me check the rules on that.

***********I would rather get mail like this:

All pictures on my profile were taken by me. If they want I will happily prove it. The rules are you can not post other's copyright material.

Thanks I'm glad you like the photos and I do have pic of me on site but it is not displayed.

Leana76
Msg: 40
Posted: 2/10/2007 2:10:02 PM
I've had a couple of hate mail from this site a couple of times. One lives right here in my town and the other, about 20 minutes away (in Chino Valley, Az.).
 apple jelly
Msg: 41
Posted: 2/14/2007 9:52:00 PM
and another one: I feel special.

Well I se it did not take long to remove the offeneding photos. Shows what a 2 faced person you are. Each time your photos do not meet the requirements I will request your profile be deleted. You may be able to con that big papa slug, but I don't quit........
 cubanguy
Msg: 42
Posted: 2/14/2007 11:18:48 PM
Does anybody knows where a quote (something like this) come from?

Love me, hate me, but please, don't ignore me.

Shalom
 maryrachelle
Msg: 43
Posted: 2/15/2007 12:37:30 AM
i really would not let this person bug you too much. now i know this is easier said then done . some people just want to fight and then when they pick at you then they say you are the one who is the flamer and wanting to start fights . i think most of us on here have people who just want to fight with us and take everything we say in every forum and twist it . the best thing to do is to not give in to them though i know some time this is irresistable and sometimes we do . i had one guy call me insulting and delusional and that he would never respond toanything i had to say or read anything i ever posted again. yet when i posted a new thread guess who was on there . i didnt respond to him that time and never will again mostly because i think that will bug him more then anything i could ever say to him . as someone told me today dont let other people stop you from participating in these forums and having your say .
 Apheration
Msg: 44
Posted: 2/15/2007 1:35:03 AM
the original poster isn't even registered here anymore.
 Antagonizer
Msg: 45
Posted: 2/15/2007 10:38:48 AM
Shes just a bigot and I wouldnt worry about her. Tell her if she doesnt like it then she doesnt have to read your posts. She sounds like a racsist really, so dont even pay her and her ignorant message to you any mind.
 moondowner
Msg: 46
Posted: 2/18/2007 6:59:17 AM
I really do not care if you sign of with "go to hell". Piece, er, rather peace, is good.

Patriot Guard Rider
 Gypsygirl29
Msg: 47
Posted: 2/18/2007 9:57:37 PM
I have yet to experience hate mail *knock on wood* but the woman sounds like a doltz. Kill her with kindness, thank her for her opinion, point her towards this thread and...

Shalom!

douwantthis
Msg: 48
Posted: 2/19/2007 11:18:47 AM
Obviously she's just being a bigot!!! Maybe she's a Nazi in disguise or something. Who knows? Just ignore it and be yourself!!

Shalom!
 HEALTHY BOUND
Msg: 49
Posted: 6/3/2007 9:36:49 PM
I have never recived hate mail from forum posters.What iI recive are Emails from nurses and medical people preaching about there drug infested health care programs and telling me that I am doing unhealthy things to my body by not seeing a Dr about weight loss.some people have nothing better to do then police others lives. Oh yea, SHALOM to you All. My grandmother was Jewish.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > So I got my first hate mail today...