Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 anonymouslyme
Msg: 314
38 and thinking its too latePage 14 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
I was 37 when I got divorced after 20 years... dated a few 'nothing specials', and definately thought that 'spark' was gone forever, for me. Then my neighbor insisted I meet his friend, who had been divorced about the same amount of time as I had, and had been dating 'nothing specials' as well... I actually sent him away twice, because my heart and mind were so closed off to the possibility that anything magnificent would happen in my life, and frankly, I just didn't feel like being bothered. We happened to bump into each other at the video store one night, and decided to hang out as freinds, with no expectations. After a few weeks of that, I began to see him in a completely different light. That was almost a year ago, and today, he is the one I can't picture myself without.

The word soulmate kinda gags me too, but we can spend days on end together, and never tire of each other's company. When one of us needs to get something taken care of, the other is right beside them, supporting in whatever way is possible.

I actually think later in life is when the very best relationships are possible, because you have a much clearer picture of what you're looking for, and you're much less likely to take things for granted. At 40, I can honestly say I have never felt more loved in my life, and I've never wanted to give on the level I do now either.

I can't say what will happen for you, but I do suggest you keep an open heart, and believe in the possibility. It does happen, I've seen it.
 DallasSBF
Msg: 316
38 and thinking its too late
Posted: 2/25/2010 9:03:48 PM
There is no such thing as a soul mate. But there is a chance you will meet a couple of people who would be a really good match for you. Now the hard part is figuring out what is your good match. That is my hard part too. That is everyone's hard part.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 317
Posted: 2/26/2010 1:06:23 AM
If you are seeking perfection, you will never find it. You are indeed late to that lesson.
 Hey Whos This Guy
Msg: 318
Posted: 2/28/2010 6:32:32 PM
The harder you search, the longer it will take.
I'm 43 this summer. Marriage/rel'nship of a loonngg time ended just after 40.
I've met someone amazing, my missing piece.
Don't search, and what you seek will find you.
Go read the Alchemist if you want a little boost in your faith/patience duder...
 stingerD41
Msg: 319
Posted: 2/28/2010 7:51:06 PM
Heck! I'm 41, and am looking forward to moving after graduation and dating again after I get settled! Bring it!
 minako79
Msg: 320
Posted: 2/28/2010 8:18:52 PM
The harder you search, the longer it will take.
I'm 43 this summer. Marriage/rel'nship of a loonngg time ended just after 40.
I've met someone amazing, my missing piece.
Don't search, and what you seek will find you.

thanks whatsinna name... i think this is a great quote but not trying too hard to search for someone, ^^

So to answer your question....I think your soulmate is placed in your path when you are truly ready to recieve them.
i honestly don't believe in soulmates anymore, if its meant to happen, i won't push myself too hard this time.
 Iam4Rreal
Msg: 321
Posted: 3/2/2010 4:52:41 PM
Wow, if it's too late for you, then it would definitely be too late for ME (I'm a female lol)....and I am NOT accepting that!! LOL My attitude is to try, try, try again. I refuse to accept defeat. You're still very young, DON'T give up, sweetie.
 EuroRd94
Msg: 323
Posted: 3/26/2010 10:28:56 PM
I'm only 34 and it's already too late for me. Repeatedly rejected for dates and never having a chance to know what true love means. Right now, I'm probably the only person in this entire earth that has never experienced love and I'll probably take that to my grave very soon since life is not worth anything without love.
 TheReason_
Msg: 324
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2010 4:23:49 AM
There is no such thing as soul mates, a bunch of harlequin romanch bs

There. Feel better? Now go look for a great woman that you will be happy with. There isn't "the one" for everyone, but plenty of "ones" the possibilites are endless in fact. It's much easier than you think.

Good luck!

MySpoonIsTooBig!
Msg: 325
Posted: 4/4/2010 5:22:32 PM
I think the idea of being soulmates itself is a bit silly, at least in the sense that most people get it backwards.

If you go ahead & say someone is your soulmate early on in a relationship, you risk trying to make them into something they may not be & put unecessary expectations on the relationship itself. Unless everyone's soul was static & never changed, there's really no way you'd ever find someone who you could say matched you perfectly & would continue to do so for the rest of your life. But people DO change, & the best you can hope for is that you keep that strong connection going in spite of those changes. Later on, when looking back on a life spent together, it would be more realistic to say that your mate was in fact, your soulmate, 'cause you went through those changes & grew closer together.

All that being said, why would you think being a certain age rendered you incapable of finding someone to share the rest of your life with? Last time I checked, relationships that haven't even happened yet didn't come with expiration dates like dairy products.
 johninsd
Msg: 326
Posted: 4/10/2010 8:20:37 PM
I don't believe that there is any age that's "too late".

I think some of us may have been born "too late", though. Some people are just never going to find the right person. For most of those, it's because of bad or unrealistic choices.
 brad29483
Msg: 327
Posted: 4/20/2010 2:31:16 PM
True, @38 your fries are done, take a number and wait for a dirt nap.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 328
Posted: 5/8/2010 12:25:39 AM
There will be a new govt program that will save us all
mates for nerds/oldies/fatties/shorties/brunettes/tall/ethnic/regional/unemployed/livin with mom/.......... yes ComRad, now all unions are state assigned and must be approved.

(do you feel better ?) ps the OP is now 42 which is as we know the universal answer to everything
 Big_fun_wave
Msg: 331
Posted: 5/29/2010 8:24:53 PM
I know how you feel. It can become frustrating. However, I don't think it's too late at all. However, if you ever plan on becoming a parent with or wothout a soul mate, the clock is ticking.
 bsp71
Msg: 332
Posted: 5/29/2010 10:09:55 PM
Never say never.

I am 39 and almost 40 and still have not lost hope. One thing that helps me is to stop worry about it.
When you stop looking and no longer worry about dating and trying to meet "The One", it usually happens faster than you think. Case in point: I went through a period of 2 years of bad dates (20 bad dates in a row!) and lost hope at one point. Then I just forgot about it and had better luck meeting women who were more on my wave length. One of the best dates I had was unexpected meeting a lady in a bookstore who I ended up dating for some time. I think the key is to have zero expectations and not look. Just live life and be happy. That attracts people like a magnet. If you are positive you attract positive people. If you are negative, it turns people off. I know its weird and sounds hokey but for me, its worked better than to wallow in self pity. Now of course if you see someone online or in real life that you might be attracted to then of course never hurts to make an attempt to get to know that person. All they can do is say no or delete a message that you might send them. I send messages and if a woman on POF deletes it or says no thanks, I don't sweat it and just move on since it was not a connection.
 PregnantLady
Msg: 333
Posted: 5/30/2010 10:39:16 AM
My husband was 48 when we got married and he says that he knows without a doubt that I am his soul mate
 lilj0116
Msg: 334
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2010 4:26:54 AM
You are very funny!
 minako79
Msg: 335
Posted: 7/29/2010 8:27:58 PM
I shall remember those words my friend.. I will live each day for them.

When you stop looking and no longer worry about dating and trying to meet "The One", it usually happens faster than you think I think the key is to have zero expectations and not look. Just live life and be happy. That attracts people like a magnet. If you are positive you attract positive people

Don't worry if you're going to be alone forever. Just live.. Just live for you "Happiness is like a butterfly,
If you chase it, it will elude you,
If you turn your attention to other things,
It will come and sit softly on your shoulder..."
~Thoreau
 Fresh fish is best fresh.
Msg: 337
Posted: 8/5/2010 9:31:06 AM
^^^^So true the words are in the post above. ^^^^ Makes you wonder why all your married friends and relatives want you to find someone and get married, and often have a puzzled look on their faces when you tell them you are happy being single. I always get asked, don't you want to be in a loving relationship and be happy? I usually reply with why would a I want to ruin my life that way? What a croc that is. LOL.
 71brad
Msg: 339
Posted: 8/19/2010 4:00:41 PM
Lets face it - your soulmate resides in the north pole with santa and the tooth fairy ;)
 seasonschange
Msg: 340
Posted: 8/24/2010 12:52:55 PM
I've noticed men in our age group seem to have the fantasy that they will find some stunning model. The fact is that fantasy will hold people back from finding the one because they overlook the masses of others that come by them. Keep your mind and eyes open is my advice.
 oasisofcalm
Msg: 342
Posted: 8/24/2010 8:40:19 PM
I just did a blog post on this very topic. It's shy a year from 38, but I think the sentiment is the same... anyone interested in a good read, check it out.

http://emotionmachine.tumblr.com/post/1002218451/why-being-a-single-guy-at-37-sucks-moose-balls

It's kinda of cynical, but I needed to vent. LOL!
 readthedamnprofile
Msg: 344
Posted: 9/12/2010 11:15:37 AM
I got remarried again after forty. He is by far the best match I have had in all my years of dating and relationships so, you just never know what might happen. Lighting does not hit saplings usually, it picks the larger more mature trees.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >