Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 orchidtigress
Msg: 116
38 and thinking its too latePage 2 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
You will meet your soulmate when both of you are ready to meet...not a moment sooner nor later....age does not enter the equation.
 chrissyfit
Msg: 119
38 and thinking its too late
Posted: 4/18/2007 8:57:24 PM
i am 37 and, while i have been engaged three times (the third time for only one day, until I found out the ring was fake, and promptly thought, "fake ring, even faker guy"...and gave the ring back. this would be the father of my daughter), but the second time, I was with my "soulmate" for 11 years, from age 21-32 . i really thought that he was "the one", until i realized that he would ALWAYS work nights, being in the restaurant business, and i would always work days, and it was getting to be where we would NEVER see each other, and i knew that i wanted kids. i remember him saying, "it'll be perfect because i can watch 'junior' when you work during the day, and then we'll swap, and i'll go to work at night. and i remember thinking, "and what about time for us?" i mean, at that point, we rarely saw each other in passing, so one day i just up and left, and moved a block away, fully thinking that we'd reconcile (and then i met my daughter's father, Mr. charming-sweep-you-off-your-feet who was SUPER attentive) and how ironic that i am now a single parent, with the thought that there i was, concerned about having minimal "help" from fiance #2 with 'junior', and now i am doing it alone....kharma is a crazy thing. the good news is that fiance #2 and i still see each other when i am in SF, and he is decent enough not to gloat, but still single at 42 , for which i feel awful about. i consider him my marriage, and divorce, minus the paperwork. i guess my point is that i don't feel that it's that important to find your "soulmate", as long as you have had some really solid, long-term relationships that have broached that same level of intensity. i also think it's important to recognize that there is this social pressure to find your soulmate, get married, buy a home, have a child...pretty much in that order, so that, by late 30's ,we're thinking that we've missed the boat! what i say to you is what everyone says to me: when you least expect it, expect it....(which makes me think twice upon leaving the house for a simple trip to the grocery store...)
 heather_honey
Msg: 139
Posted: 4/23/2007 12:07:54 AM
tml2c. . . I have a map of the world on my desk top. Every time I sign in to my pc I say look at all the people this world holds. There are sooooooo many to choose from . How do you choose only one is more like it!

Start with friends, meeting in the mind, then the heart, then the soul connects. As for your age? Attitude IS your age. When a man sounds old I run a mile. Negative? Not a second glance.

Men with a hint of wild, young and think sexy in the mind and body. Big attraction to a woman! When you start thinking old, you start talking old , you soon become old.

Just breathe and start to work within first, then look outward.

Honey
 CrystallineSunshine
Msg: 143
Posted: 4/23/2007 1:38:20 PM
It's never too late.

Never.

No matter what anyone else says, or tells you. Now, you say you are "picky" ... is that your word, or someone else's word? I have come to learn that most people who say "I'm picky", really mean, "People tell me I am picky" ... and nobody has any right to be telling anyone else what is pick and what is not, you know??

Life is short, yes.... but as long as you are ALIVE, it's NEVER TOO LATE!!!!
 casperella
Msg: 144
Posted: 4/29/2007 11:04:57 AM
Define Soulmate
 Vancer
Msg: 145
Posted: 4/29/2007 11:23:23 AM
It is a scientific fact that nobody will find their soulmate until they are 40.
So if you are with someone and you are not 40, they are not your soulmate.
/me decides to hang out in the 40 forums
 scorpiomover
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2007 5:50:47 PM
I read of 60-year-olds who met their soul mate.

Stop looking so hard, man.

Just meet people to get to know them.

"Seek, and ye shall find"
 Hedonist13
Msg: 151
Posted: 5/9/2007 3:44:31 PM
My dear, you think that since you haven't met your soulmate yet, you never will. You don't know that. If you give up, then you DEFINITELY won't!

It all comes down to what you want. If you truly want to be married/ LTR, then perhaps you should get past your 'comfort zone'. It's human nature to stick to a routine or limit yourself to things that you feel comfortable with. Perhaps you should start getting more involved in activities that you normally wouldn't. Everyone has hobbies that they've always wanted to try. Have you considered joining some groups? Join clubs or groups that will expand your social circles. You're bound to meet some great people out there.

tresfrijoles
Msg: 152
Posted: 5/10/2007 11:18:27 PM
I'm forty one. Still a sandwich shy of a picnic.
As far as finding a soulmate goes...I wonder if they know where we are.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2007 11:54:25 AM

More than likly it is . I've read up on confirmed batcholers(you become one At 37) Basicly statistics show that if you are a male and not married by 37 you never will be.
The majority of these men have given up. Consider this, the most successful players on this site, estimate that they got contact from women 20% of the time. I have also been told by experts the optimism is a key ingredient of people who achieve successful relationships.
But the odds really drop dramatically, only once you get to about 47+.
A lot of men get married in their 40s.
Look at all the women on this site. They are all interested in meeting men.

Perseverance and optimism are the keys. Use them wisely.
"Use the force, Luke."
"The Force will be with you, always."
 TheMinx32
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2007 3:09:21 PM
I have been on the site a few months now, but this is my first message in the forum!!

I have just turned 38 and after being single since my divorce 11 years ago I also now think that my time is running out to meet anyone, be that a perfect partner or a soulmate (if there is such a thing).

Its nice to have looked through the various responses to this post and read that others think differently and seeing what people have to say about the subject has made me a little more hopeful!!
 robyn67
Msg: 171
Posted: 5/23/2007 2:45:42 AM
well, I am 3 months from 40 and Im not giving up. it feels to me that hittin this age is possibly the best time to find that 'someone special', Im more grounded, more mature, and have experienced life enough to know what I want. I know when I do find my 'someone special', he will be a very lucky man, because I now know just how to treat him, what to expect, how to communicate effectively and have all my 'young stuff' behind me. dont give up sweetie...
 kkiirrkk
Msg: 173
Posted: 6/7/2007 4:04:04 PM
38 here as well. Been in love twice though. Love is boundless, just give it time.

Just enjoy life until she does come around.
 Tigress
Msg: 174
Posted: 6/7/2007 11:18:48 PM
It is never too late, and you are way too young to be thinking like that.

Try to get a positive outlook on life. It shows... and is very attractive!
 jj818
Msg: 177
Posted: 6/18/2007 8:50:18 PM
ya, 38 is still young.
 phule
Msg: 178
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2007 10:09:12 PM
Personally I've always thought that there was someone out there specifically for me. However, with my luck, she lives on the opposite side of the planet. Probably your girls next door neighbor, tml2c.
 likestocuddle
Msg: 179
Posted: 6/24/2007 2:24:49 PM
When one reach a certain age and feels like time is running out, perhaps one should consider becoming more flexible. This does not necessarily mean lowering one's standard. As an example, if one doesnt date outside of his/her race, maybe one has to consider it.
 getrdone1972
Msg: 180
Posted: 6/24/2007 5:54:32 PM
well all in good time....it will happen
 getrdone1972
Msg: 181
Posted: 6/24/2007 5:56:45 PM
you will.....have funn until then...
 orchidtigress
Msg: 183
Posted: 6/24/2007 8:50:26 PM
Wow- never know life ended at 38!!!!
 scorpiomover
Msg: 185
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2007 3:43:40 PM
I've heard of people meeting their soul-mate at 50. 12 more years to play with.
Just don't waste them. Get a date for every day of this year.
 sweetone56
Msg: 192
Posted: 7/15/2007 3:41:14 AM
Well i,m 50 and i,m still thinking the best is yet to come .So i,m thinking you still young and the best times are yet to come for you...so dont give up and happy
 DeeDee8t8
Msg: 195
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2007 8:02:30 PM
I have been feeling the same way. It's like if you aren't in a relationship or married by now then you have missed the bus. I feel like I'm to old to be in the "in" crowd and to old to be in the bar scene. What's up with that???
 jheldatksuedu
Msg: 198
Posted: 8/13/2007 12:04:48 PM
I hope 38 isn't to late, but I'm almost down to sailing around the world to find my match. I've been looking for years, would have been happily married but a B of a future mother in law got in the way, and I don't use that B word very often but she is one that deserves it. The rich B saw I was going to take her grand kids away from spending every afternoon at her place. We'd be traveling and living in a different city, she threatened to pull a big inheritance from the kids if we got married. We had a year togther, took many trips that she and the kids never could have taken, went camping and stayed in time shares, visited all the relatives, we were in love and the kids and I were great. Anyway after a year of things looking great, I was unexpectedly told I was back to square one, I understood her decision, I pleaded the case that she was just playing her trump card and would probably fold when it came to a showdown, but she wasn't willing to atttempt to call her bluff.

Everybody keeps saying your sound great any woman would be lucky to have somebody like you, but I'm still single. A lot of the problem this last couple years has been I've been too busy with too many sailboats, but it should be a two way street, I shouldn't have to do all the traveling. I get plenty of looks and a few letters but everybody is just too sure that the perfect one is going to show up next week. It takes 10 years for them to realize that next week is still one week away and they are still single and still looking for what they think is perfect. You are not going to find perfect, but you will find close enough, a relationship is going to be work, but it's going to be worth it.

My friends where I keep my boats just celebrated 50 years of marriage, and they still have to work at it, almost everyday, at least once a week, there is something that comes up that needs compromise, that's what marriage is all about compromise with benefits. Capitalize both of them Compromise and Benefits...

I'm looking for that someone that wants to Compromise and desires some Benefits, any takers?
 studplayrico
Msg: 202
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2007 9:08:48 PM
I think i'm too late.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >