Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kelley-fish
Msg: 4
view profile
History
men who can fix anything(your thoughts)Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Yeah,

A handywoman would rule! A partner that I could come home and she'd be like "Hi honey. I just did the clutch in the old pickup". Or drag a fridge up a flight of stairs by herself. I love women with knowledge or the drive to learn stuff. But I also love soft hands and cute little feet on women. I hope doing that stuff doesn't affect her goods :)

My past girlfriends have said that my handywork makes them feel safe.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 7
men who can fix anything(your thoughts)
Posted: 7/25/2006 11:16:23 PM
If I had a choice between Tim Allen or Bob Villa, I'd have to go with Tim. He's a disaster in the fix-it department but he has the greatest sense of humor and he loves his wife (at least on the sitcom!!!)
 phishkev
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 10/11/2008 7:29:15 AM
Handywomen? Do they exist? React to me! Ha! I can do some stuff but I'm no Mr. Fix It in some areas-you can't do it all!!
 OneMoreTimeWithFeeling
Msg: 38
Posted: 10/11/2008 10:43:54 AM
I find it hot if a guy knows how to fix things. My ex refused to even change a lightbulb because he thought you paid people to do everything for you. Except cars, he would work on his own cars and never let anyone else touch them. But he would never dream of pumping his own gas though. So yeah, I welcome a guy that is handy and knows what he is doing.
 Bewildered100
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 10/11/2008 5:29:57 PM

Seems like a lost art in my parts though.

Umm, lemme have a look at them parts ma'am. Mebbe I can help.
 WanderingRain
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2012 6:38:20 AM
This reminded me of the internet story of that guy who ran down naked from the shower to fix the sink... and the house cat decided it would be fun to play with the little sacs between his legs as he was bent under the cabinet...
 greenIsis777
Msg: 46
Posted: 6/3/2012 2:57:10 PM
It's definitely sexy. a guy who can't fix a closet door or stop the water tap from leaking... I kind of see him as less of a man... my bad. which is interesting in itself because I tend to be attracted to metrosexuals
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 53
Posted: 6/4/2012 5:30:44 AM
I looooooves me a handyman that can fix anything. Very manly... :-D
 Technoartisan
Msg: 56
Posted: 6/4/2012 9:28:00 PM
My last girlfriend used to claim that she kept me around for my power tools... Not that she wanted me to use them but so that she could! It was awesome having someone around who was comfortable and competent with doing things herself. Now, what's really cool is to find someone who can design *and* build/fix things.

Since there seem to be so many women on this thread that find handymen attractive/sexy, I would like to point out that I do have a college degree and use that degree in the IT field, but I can also fix most mechanical/electrical issues around the house. I can design, draw, sculpt and paint so creating something from scratch is possible, too. I can coordinate colors. I can sew and cook. I'm learning to play the harmonica. And I can hold my own in a fight against guys nearly twice my size (not a preferred hobby, mind you). So, I'm pretty much irresistible. ;)
 changingtides
Msg: 57
Posted: 6/5/2012 4:27:02 AM
I adore a man and think he's very sexy when he works around the house fixing things. I love a man who really gets involved in his work and concentrates on a job well done.
On the other hand, if a guy thinks he can fix something and you know it will turn out to be a disaster, that's different. I don't think shoddy work is sexy. It's a headache.
 Technoartisan
Msg: 60
Posted: 6/6/2012 3:08:20 PM
I don't "use" people

I have never done this, either, but I have been "used" once or twice by women in the past. Although, they were using it as a more of a come-on than anything else. Not any major construction projects; just a simple thing like "can you help me connect my stereo?"

I have seen women try this on other guys and I (and others) could always see it for what it was. It's pretty obvious, really, if you are a little on the suspicious side.

@tgrlily2day: I know! It boggles the mind to think I'm free and at large. :) I must be intimidating to women-folk.
 Technoartisan
Msg: 62
Posted: 6/6/2012 6:00:48 PM
Depends on the size of his bill! :)

Actually, I don't think most guys would think of using that ploy, though some may. That tactic is a bit too subtle for most men. They tend to be more direct than that, myself included. Or at least more obvious. Generally, guys that offer assistance just like to be helpful. It gives them/us a purpose.

Thinking about though, I would be willing to bet that the percentage of people that would ask for assistance as a means of manipulation are about the same as those who would offer it in hopes of getting a little something extra in return. I, personally, just have not witnessed [read: paid attention to] any guys offering help to women as a come-on.
 Technoartisan
Msg: 63
Posted: 6/6/2012 6:03:38 PM
By the way, when I said that I have seen women in the past use the "can you help me" ploy, I'm talking about, maybe, a half a dozen individuals over the 20-30 years. It's not a big percentage. You find, though, that many are repeat offenders which may cause the numbers to seem higher.
 vestaceres
Msg: 71
Posted: 6/18/2012 6:15:56 AM
My grandfather is one of those miraculous human being. My original grandmother before she passed and my step grandmother both worship him.

I find such a man incredibly sexy, resourceful, and inspiring.
 WanderingRain
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2012 9:16:00 PM
I could not start a weed whacker... my then girlfriend just about died with laughter watching me ending up wheezing after a hundred pulls on the dang motor crank... (this infernal thing was lent to us by a friend and there was no instruction manual...) So I guess I made her laugh at least... :D
 DragonBits
Msg: 75
Posted: 7/8/2012 7:17:53 AM
If these men can fix relationships I would be very impressed.
 CharminC
Msg: 78
Posted: 7/11/2012 5:29:23 PM

Do women think a man that can fix anything around the house is sexy or just someone to use for that purpose

I can fix anything around the house. Does this mean I'm sexy?
 Mel1509
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2012 5:52:17 PM
Does it for me :)
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >