Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 whiterose0
Msg: 759
Sex on a First Date - Does it Kill a Potential Relationship?Page 27 of 32    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32)

The double standard is alive and very healthy. Women are viewed with suspicion if they sleep with a man after they just met him.

I don’t think it’s productive to try to slut-shame women into not sleeping with a man by presenting men with sexual double standards as having a normal, healthy point of view. To the contrary, these men are toxic, and think women are inferior. Their double standards toward women will spill over into other areas, as well.

Fortunately, they don’t represent all men out there. If a man thinks it’s unacceptable for a woman to have sex on the first date, then he has no business asking her to sleep with him. For him to do so just makes him a hypocrite that women can negatively judge in return. He’s not in any way morally superior to the woman who acquiesces.

I want to point out we are chemically built to attach to people we have sex with.

This is not always the case. If it were true, women couldn’t work as prostitutes, because they’d get chemically attached to their Johns. The truth is that there are some women who can compartmentalize sex just as men can. If they enjoy casual sex, that's their business. Who are we to judge them?
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 760
view profile
History
Sex on a First Date - Does it Kill the value of a woman?
Posted: 8/8/2018 4:37:53 PM
calling men sluts is not appropriate in my view. Men are programmed to impregnate many women and can do so without emotional involvment....it is not the same as a woman being too free with her favours as she is the one that gets pregnant. whole different dynamic....
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 761
view profile
History
Sex on a First Date - Does it Kill a Potential Relationship?
Posted: 8/8/2018 4:41:27 PM

dark and juju

You are so right. A man can have sex multiple times and not get attached. A woman will if the man is good enough to hae sex with often nature steps in and the attachment hormones are activated in readiness for pregnancy. The double standard is there for a reason. Basically a man wants to know that any baby she has is his to spend his resources on and to raise., It is biological. A woman may have occasional one night stands and that is normal and not to be vilified.... If she has a pattern of casual sex she has a problem.
 MsMicki
Msg: 762
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2018 5:53:30 PM

People who use sex to manipulate or entrap another person into a relationship will defend their POV to the bitter end.

people that are silly enough to think using sex will get you a relationship will have that bitter end....

only thing this woman "expects" out of first date....second date or 30th date sex is a good time!!
 daynadaze
Msg: 763
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2018 5:57:19 PM
Women are just as programmed to have sex with men to procreate, it's how reproduction works.
 LoveOnAShip
Msg: 766
Posted: 8/9/2018 4:29:43 AM

A woman may have occasional one night stands and that is normal and not to be vilified.... If she has a pattern of casual sex she has a problem.

Casual only -no LTR-suggests emotional issues
 MsMicki
Msg: 767
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2018 4:42:14 AM
a married woman posing as a man on a dating site might suggest emotional issues too...**just saying**
 browneyesboo
Msg: 768
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2018 6:59:08 AM
^^^Well at least they've skipped the pretense and are just posting as
themselves now. Although if pictures are to be believed, he's having
fun as well.

Gads.
 TomásIasan
Msg: 769
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2018 2:50:24 PM
What makes you think she is married exactly? You think she's not divorced/separated I am willing to bet anything she got divorced probably last year. She is retired and bitter probably overweight with a bone to chew on man for being that way.

You think Blonde is anything she claims she is a bitter women who really is focusing all her stuff to the men on these forums and has been for over a year but it's not us she really is mad at.
 BudBell
Msg: 770
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2018 3:28:06 PM
YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF! YOURSELF! GO F@CK YOURSELF!
 2ufo
Msg: 771
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2018 3:44:49 PM
^^^
Do you have 'issues', Bud?
 spot4username
Msg: 772
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2018 3:52:07 PM
^^^^
Posting history = Yes

At least "he" is consistent.
 ksuser
Msg: 773
Posted: 8/9/2018 3:53:12 PM
Kevlar "what else does she want"?

I know it's different if it's the 1st date or the 5th. But I don't understand any of this. For me it's always been the man who pursues the sex stuff first. So, what I'm hearing is: yes we (men) will try, but if you do, then we no longer respect you that's BS to me. Why would we have some motive to get more from someone? I guess there may be some women who use this as a tool. But many women don't.
 ksuser
Msg: 774
Posted: 8/9/2018 3:58:54 PM
Budbell

What???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? is wrong with you??????????????????????????????????????
 NewYorker58
Msg: 775
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2018 1:52:33 AM
What the puck happened here☺
 cooldog65
Msg: 776
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2018 6:29:44 AM
^^^ The last poster before you with all the question marks shrunk the page. I just tested it myself and shrunk the page with a bunch of question marks. I erased it and we're back to normal.
 LoveOnAShip
Msg: 777
Posted: 8/10/2018 7:40:41 AM
looks like 765 & 766 are missing?

What the puck happened here☺

Best post in the whole thread
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 778
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2018 11:45:17 PM

Casual only -no LTR-suggests emotional issues

I don't agree with that. She could, sure. But it can be a good thing -- she's just being honest. Many emotionally fine people are in a position where it wouldn't be ideal to go down LTR alley + they're not craving one like LTR-hunters are.

Women are just as programmed to have sex with men to procreate, it's how reproduction works.

I don't think so. Then a woman would lose her sex drive when she doesn't want to have (any or more) kids. I mean, women AND men are designed to want to have sex, for the sake of procreation, sure. I'm just saying the desire for sex isn't tied to a desire to have kids.
 julystorm22
Msg: 779
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2018 7:34:22 AM
Actually, sex is as much about our human need for touch and intimacy as it is about our drive for procreation. Being touched (by someone we want to touch us) satisfies our emotional needs and makes us feel accepted and wanted.
 CBGB77
Msg: 780
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2018 8:25:33 AM
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/fulfillment-any-age/201210/we-all-need-some-intimacy-in-our-lives
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 781
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2018 8:37:07 AM

Actually, sex is as much about our human need for touch and intimacy as it is about our drive for procreation

We're social beings, so of course. At the same time, the desire to make babies isn't directly tied to the desire for sexual relations. Many many people do not have a drive to make babies, for a while or for the rest of their lives, yet, crave getting naughty with someone.
 julystorm22
Msg: 782
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2018 8:54:55 AM
That's where I am now. I do crave to get naughty with a guy, no need to mince words. My life is so stressful and tiring and I feel like I'm juggling so many plates in the air that it's nice sometimes to just take a quick break and ........

The adventure of it is fulfilling. Although, less so at times. I think maybe the days of it being fulfilling are numbered. I do want something more. I want an actual relationship with someone or at least exclusivity with someone. Because I am realizing that for me, sex is about feeling wanted and the guy I am currently with is also seeing other girls and it doesn't make a person feel special at all. Quite the opposite.
 daynadaze
Msg: 783
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2018 8:59:13 AM
I was making a comment on what someone else posted, I certainly did not mean that any genders need for sex was based on wanting to reproduce.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >