Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lashawn72
Msg: 290
Sex on a First Date - Does it Kill a Potential Relationship?Page 4 of 32    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32)
As wrong as it may be; I normally use sex as an ice breaker on the first date
 StevieCashmere
Msg: 291
view profile
History
Sex on a First Date - Does it Kill a Potential Relationship?
Posted: 10/18/2009 3:00:44 AM
Displaying a sense of self-control might likely fuel something more meaningful ?
~sc~
 COLIONE98
Msg: 292
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2009 3:03:42 AM
^^^but if the first date is a mental/intellectual disaster but the juices are flowing, so bet it.....

you may think that all is good and bam- shakey flakey!
 BlueEyes1712
Msg: 293
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2009 4:22:07 AM
Sex on a first date is traditionally a no no mothers instill in thier girls. Rightly so women dont want to be seen as "easy" and gain so called"reputations" as such in the light of others which is understandable. They learn they have a valuable comodity men desire and holding back a while can bring them good fortune. They realize during this phase, they learn about men what would not normally be revealed. I have heard women remark, "Men dont know what there tounge is good for".
Having sex on the first day is rare although it does happen. And many men, myself included enjoy sex which is why these so called "loose women" by other women do get a much better light cast upon them by many men for the schere knowledge that they know what a man wants and can deliver that. This why brothels, the "Mustage Ranch", ect. are so successful.
 Rarebird76
Msg: 299
Posted: 10/18/2009 4:08:49 PM
The number of the date which sex happens is irrelevant. If the 2 people are into each other that much it could happen on the first or later. The deciding factor is how emotionally connected are you and this can happen on the first date if you have been talking/chatting for a long time before you met.

Some people love to categorize things in absolutes.
 wings on my butt
Msg: 300
Posted: 10/18/2009 4:30:16 PM
Yes if you have sex on the first date or even second then this will almost always kill any chance of their being a relationship come out of it. Like it or not women who have sex to quickly and easily are still looked down upon. Many men will deny this, but it is still a double standard of our society.
 afrodite79
Msg: 302
Posted: 10/18/2009 4:40:08 PM

The number of the date which sex happens is irrelevant. If the 2 people are into each other that much it could happen on the first or later. The deciding factor is how emotionally connected are you and this can happen on the first date if you have been talking/chatting for a long time before you met.

I agree. If two people are going to click they do regardless of when they have sex. If you have first date sex with someone and they think less of you afterwards then you probably weren't compatible anyway. I couldn't be with someone who thought that a girl was unworthy because she had sex with him. A person with that kind of mindset probably wouldn't mesh with me on a lot of other levels.
 kim247365
Msg: 303
Posted: 10/18/2009 4:54:40 PM
Would seem to me everyone on here, male/female has an ex regardless if they had sex on the first date or the tenth date. It won't make or break a potential relationship, it is what it is, sex.
 startle
Msg: 305
Posted: 10/18/2009 5:07:17 PM
you can size a man up and decide pretty quickly if you want a serious relationship with him...at that point you can decide would he be good for a booty call or a long term relationship...at that point you could decide ..if you trust him that much and he isn't long-term material ...to take him home ...if you don't care if you see him again or not...the thrill for the night thing might be just what you need...so each situation is different...
 deerdog1
Msg: 306
Posted: 10/18/2009 5:41:05 PM
sex on the first date is a big plus for me ... I see it as she finds me irresistible...if she is just a slut it will show in more ways than just her putting out to me...when I have romantic interest in someone ..and they feel chemistry for me ..I have confidence in my ability to charm .. and I cannot fault a woman for giving into her emotions and my charm
 wings on my butt
Msg: 309
Posted: 10/18/2009 5:55:55 PM

For me if I end-up in bed and having sex on the first Date.
It tells me she's done this many times and has been ridden
better then the Public Bus.

The same thing is true about you as well then seeing as you jumped into bed with her as well. Men like to complain about double standards that are not in their favor, but the truth is there are far more double standards that are beneficial to men then there are for women.
 wings on my butt
Msg: 311
Posted: 10/18/2009 6:54:07 PM

calling it a "double standard" means nothing

Actually yes it does mean something. It means that it is unfair. It is unfair in the same way that men are expected to pick up the dating tab all the time and if he doesn't he will not get dates. We can do better then this in our society. We should root out these outdated and old fashioned useless ideas from the stubborn minds of the masses.
 wileygy
Msg: 313
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2009 7:15:58 PM
with 2 consenting adults i don't think sex would kill a chance for a relationship.......as long as that was the intention of both in the first place.bad sex...different story
 cherryking
Msg: 314
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2009 10:28:16 PM
GIRLS! value urselves and ur future lover and try to wait atleast 5 dates or a month which ever comes first. trust me! : )

a Taipei Original post.
 Ependa
Msg: 315
Posted: 10/18/2009 10:31:17 PM
You know, I think it probably does. I have had strong (very strong) feelings of attraction and chemistry on a first date before..no complaints there!..but..acting on it is a mistake in my opinion unless you're just looking to get laid (and you're both ok with that). I'm not talking about playing games or hard to get or anything..But if you want a relationship, you need to have a good foundation. And sex isn't a good foundation. It is a necessity. But not a basis for a relationship.
 TN LUVIN
Msg: 319
Posted: 10/19/2009 10:12:17 PM
Yea girls I hate to admit it but sex on the first date gives us a bad rep. I use to like to think that if we're two consenting adults , and were feeling each other that's all it took. How wrong was I. You may have intense feelings, but is that feelings, or lust, and is lust what you are after. No it's not fair, but how fair is life in general. Plus it boils down to sex meaning different things to men and women. A man will have sex on the first date, and enjoy it and come back for more,but decide on that first date you are not the one. That same woman will have sex on the first date, and think he likes her for more than sex when he keeps coming back, and think they are building a relationship. Now women please don't get hysterical with that blanket statement I made. I generalized, because we can't point out every situation possible. The point is although you might want it, a man is not going to see you for who you truly are if you give it up on the first date.
 WL09
Msg: 323
Posted: 10/20/2009 3:51:42 PM
Too much sex kills a relationship - Are you kidding?

When i'm into someone, I like it all the time. And that is definately not the reason those relationships ended.

I do know a couple that had sex on the first date who did get married and are now expecting baby #2 !!
 WL09
Msg: 324
Posted: 10/20/2009 3:55:23 PM
Bahahaaha- then why not post your picture??
 dave1234
Msg: 325
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2009 5:33:25 PM
If a gal believes a guy will think her a slut if she sleeps with him on the first date wouldn't she want to know that?

I think it's safe to assume a woman will not sleep with a guy on the first date unless she's really into him. In other words I don't believe there are women who will sleep with a guy on the first date because she's afraid he will never see her again if she doesn't. Either she isn't all that fired up or she may feel he will think negatively about her if she does.

So, logically speaking, if a guy tries to bed a gal and the gal goes along and the guy dumps her isn't she better off knowing that about the guy? Stated another way wouldn't a gal want to know if the guy she is considering entering into a relationship with is the type of guy who would lure a gal into bed and then think her a tramp? Who would want such a person as a partner?

Consider the following scenario. The guy is trying to lure the gal into bed. The gal is thinking, "He's trying to lure me into bed but he'll probably think I'm a slut so I'll hold out a while longer because I like him and don't want him to think bad of me."

Questions. Why would a gal want such a guy? If that is a concern of hers what is she doing with him? Why would she want him?

I'm afraid the logic escapes me.
 fish1595
Msg: 329
Posted: 10/20/2009 6:40:26 PM
There are three things that lead to a possible start of a relationship. Sex is not one of them.
 totoman
Msg: 330
Posted: 10/20/2009 10:30:02 PM
Sex on the first date is a relationship killer
 PANDA423
Msg: 331
Posted: 10/20/2009 10:48:26 PM
Does it kill a potential relationship...I don't think so, not in and of itself...I think you just have to go with your feelings at the time. If you hold back say for "I want him to respect me" I don't know - I guess I think people think to much about it. If the moment is right, well go for it, if it doesn't feel right, don't. But as for killing a potential relationship - should someone judge you for acting on an impulse - they'll probably judge you for much less later - so the potential relationship probably wouldn't work anyway. At least that's what I think.
 abelian
Msg: 333
Posted: 10/21/2009 12:36:41 AM

There are three things that lead to a possible start of a relationship. Sex is not one of them.

Wanna bet?
 isnuttinfree
Msg: 334
Posted: 10/21/2009 12:52:22 AM
^^^ I believe you..hamana hamana
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >