Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Adam Taylor
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Would you date a women bigger and more muscular then you?Page 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I've got no problems with it.
It's WHO she is that matters.
I'd be impressed with a woman who has taken such good care of herself of course. But it's by no means a defining factor in wether or not I'd be attracted to her.
 StarreGazer
Msg: 28
Would you date a women bigger and more muscular then you?
Posted: 5/1/2007 11:33:27 PM
Msg: 1 -- Muscular women look masculine, and therefore are a total turn-off for me.
 Ron9
Msg: 30
Posted: 5/2/2007 1:09:19 AM
Let me see here - I need to think about this for a second .....

Ok lets see - I am 6’2” 183 pounds ... that means she would be bigger .......

************NO WAY**********

Is this a trick question?
 dpd22
Msg: 31
Posted: 5/11/2007 9:26:40 AM
Hell no. I wouldn't mind a woman with some muscle and an athletic body type. For a woman to be bigger and stronger than me, she would have to be 6+ ft tall and weigh 200+ lbs. Very few women meet these requirements. If she did, I probably wouldn't her find attractive.
 GuitarGuy_
Msg: 32
Posted: 5/11/2007 9:41:11 AM
Sure! then if there's any heat, she can look after it and I don't have to get all bloody.

that sam i am
Msg: 34
Posted: 5/11/2007 11:39:52 AM
yeah...no...she'd look like a freak
 cedar77
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2007 8:55:33 PM
I was at a party and there was a woman there that was very obviously into body building. She had quite the set of arms on her !
I had couple drinks and I had this idea of whether or not I could beat her in an arm wrestle....
I'm a fairly good armwrestler , reasonably strong ....but I'm not near a champ or anything .
So I challenged her ......
She wouldn't arm wrestle me ......later I was thinking it was probably a good thing she refused !
But , I have to say , I could handle getting beaten.

OT .....Of course ....I would date a body builder or muscular , but I prefer a toned body rather than a ripped with muscles type body .
It's only one aspect of a person.
 EC22
Msg: 43
Posted: 5/12/2007 9:56:45 AM
It seems like most of the men who would be opposed to this are tall and/or muscular. If a man is tall and/or muscular, then very few women would be bigger, taller, and stronger than them. If a woman is 6+ ft tall, weighs 200+ lbs, and is muscular, she would probably look very manly.
 WanderingRain
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2009 11:06:49 PM
If we loved each other, why not?
Would I stop loving her just because she can benchpress me? That's silly. It's shallow and dishonest.
 DaytonDennis
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2009 2:52:22 PM

Are you sure that she doesn't have a penis too?

ummm... I'm pretty sure that would be a deal breaker for me
 Playgirl101
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2009 3:18:59 PM
There's only one person that can answer this and that is YOU! One question - do you fancy her? If so then hell yeah, give it a go x
 kari135
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2010 11:55:16 AM
I read through some of the posts and was amused by the comments by some of the taller men. My son is 6'4" and weighs around 275, all solid muscle. He used to date a woman taller than him - she wasn't more muscular, but she'd also won a full scholarship for playing basketball so she was definitely physically fit. I don't think they had anything going on besides friendship, but since she was 6'5" it was a relief for her to have someone tall enough to dance with.

As for myself, I don't and never have been a fitness fanatic, but I have lived a very physical life and I'm stronger than most of the men I know my own age. **shrug** I guess carting around 50 and 80 lb feed sacks and 100 lb bales of hay, and rowing a mile or so every day to get home can be a workout, though. So just being alive has been enough of a workout for me.
 Green_Jello44
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2012 1:05:30 PM
hell to the no! I saw a profile while searching the other day, she had her arms up, flexing those muscles like arnold.....so I sent her a message "Congratulations, you're a man!".....not sure why no reply :P
 abmccray
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2012 1:29:32 PM
An average woman would need too much in the amount of steroids to be more muscular than me, affecting her chemical composition, and her working out would warp her body too much due to different physical makeups. And women over 6 feet tend to be proportioned really weird. But I work out a lot and am 6 feet.

Biiger and more muscular than the average man, no, I wouldn't mind. I love the toned women at the gym.
 grove_22
Msg: 89
Posted: 10/4/2012 6:59:40 AM
I would date a woman that has an athletic, fit, toned body type. However a woman that is bigger and/or more muscular than me would either be obese or a hard core bodybuilder who is on steroids or some other performance enhancing drug. I'm not attracted to women with these body types.
 deere_rancher
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2012 2:47:47 PM
kinda like women to look like women ...so the anwser is no
 grove_22
Msg: 93
Posted: 10/5/2012 7:10:14 AM
Muscular doesn't mean roid-chewing body builder, and gawd that's not a pretty look for a lady. Also doesn't mean obese.

Of course not all women with muscle are hard core bodybuilders on steroids. However the question wasn't "Would you date a woman with muscle?". It was "Would you date a woman that is bigger and more muscular than you?". A woman would have to be obese to weigh more than I do or be extremely strong ( unlikely without steroids ) to be more muscular than I am.
 PianistKevin
Msg: 96
Posted: 9/20/2015 7:20:19 PM
I love a woman stronger and taller than me. Forget about all the crap regarding gender roles. No one should have restrictions on being who they want to be. The best type would be one who is more muscular than me, a height of 6' or taller (one who loves to wear heels is a bonus!), and one who wants to be the knight instead of the damsel in distress. I know there are some women who wants to do everything for their man, even protect them.

My insight: If you find one of those types make sure you never let them go because 1) They are highly unique & 2) their heart is still delicate
 PianistKevin
Msg: 97
Posted: 9/20/2015 7:21:03 PM
I don't care if she's 6'5" and I'm 5', and/or if she lifts over 300lbs, I'll still date her if she accepts it
 NikonGuy007
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2015 3:15:13 PM
Taller than me=O.K.

More muscular than me=O.K.

"Bigger", as in weighing more than me=Not O.K.

I have always been highly attracted to petite/slim women.
 south_city
Msg: 99
Posted: 9/26/2015 7:48:31 AM
Height: Yes. If a woman that looked like Elena Delle Donne ( 6' 5" ) asked me out, I would quickly agree to it.
Strength: No. A woman that is stronger than me would probably look like the hard core body builder type. I'm not attracted to that. Plus there is a good chance they are on PEDs.
Weight: No. A woman that weighs more than me would probably be obese. A woman that is somewhat overweight can be attractive. But I'm not attracted to obese women / BBWs.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >