Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cupper3
Msg: 448
view profile
History
Why do women find sex on a first date so weird?Page 24 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)

So one should assume that the two of you abstained until post-nuptials? And that if you were not virgins, you'd both been married and only had sex with those particular partners? Or maybe that you've both been "re-born" and that now you've adopted the Bible as your guide to when it's OK to have sex? Just curious

I just wonder which part of the Bible talks about pre-marital sex? Seems to me much of the old Testament is a lot of random fornication going on that didn't wasn't exactly sanctioned by the benefit of any clergy. The new Testament? It's kind of silent on the whole matter also. Oh, except for Paul, who kind of grudgingly said something to the effect, "OK, if you want to get laid, get married. But I rather you don't get laid".

He never said anything about jacking off, so one must assume either he liked the cabin boys or manhandled himself. Wait... there were a lot of sheep around then, weren't there?
 sexypunkgirl
Msg: 449
Why do women find sex on a first date so weird?
Posted: 9/3/2011 11:40:00 PM
So waiting 3 dates makes it meaningful? I fail to see how the number 3 means anything OP. If it feels right on the first date then it feels right. if it doesnt feel right after the 1st, 2nd or 3rd . then all the sudden a girl is going to have sex because its 3 dates? I dont see the point in having a 3 date rule.
 fnx1
Msg: 450
Posted: 9/4/2011 4:23:04 AM
[I dont see the point in having a 3 date rule.]

Seeing your photo, I see your young age, which causes me to be concerned about SAFETY.
Sorry, I'm a mom, too!

Of course I worry about this for myself as well, but I'd hate to encourage young women to take risks that could lead to sexual assault or rape or worse. Not to mention exposing ourselves to STD's!!! One brief moment of 'freedom' can lead to a year's worth of being tested (and protected ) for HIV, even when the initial test comes back neg., did you know? And antomically speaking, facts are that things are far riskier for women, as we are the 'receptive' sex.

Yes, getting caught up in the moment of chemistry is fun, daring, liberated and liberating. However, when we do this w/a stranger it requires going somewhere alone: We never know what he's really like, and he IS the stronger sex, like it or not, if he wants to get freaky on us we are at his mercy...

Just a few reality checks...

('')
 sexypunkgirl
Msg: 451
Posted: 9/4/2011 4:45:03 PM
Seeing my photo? Thats my best friend from work. And the 2 guys ive been with. ONe was my BF from High school. we dated up till 4 years ago when I met my current BF. Who just happen to be a patient of mine. So I actually got a peek at all his blood work. Sooo... I dont see how you come to any kind of conclusion based on my photo. Plus Ive had all my classes through medical school on blood borne pathogens and my mand 4 hour hiv course. I didnt say anything about being safe or not. Just simply I dont see the point in some rule that says on date 3 sleep with someone.

IMO I say if it feels right it feels right. Be it date 1, 2, or 10. No point in a rule that says on 3 dates drop your pants. My current BF I slept with on the first date. But he was also my patient for 2 years, and we talked everyday for 2 months up till our first date. By the time we went on it I just coulnt wait anymore. Its not like it wasnt someone i didnt know and just met.
 abelian
Msg: 452
Posted: 9/4/2011 4:56:16 PM
Brcause quite a few men disrespect a woman who has sex with them on the forst date,

So, are you saying that you'd actually want to date a man who is a hypocrite with that attitude about women?

The only reason I might disrespct her would not be for her sexuality, but for not being too discerning...

So, the women with whom you had sex with on the first date were not too discerning? That would seem to say a lot about what you think of yourself as well.

As for me, I've had sex on first dates before. After, I basically lost interest in the woman... Not because of anything she had done... it was just that I hadn't become emotionally involved with her and after the sex, it just never happened... In some ways, it's like getting a book, and if you read the last chapter first... It's not likely you'll bother to read the book afterwards... It's easier to just pick up another book...

You've changed your comments slightly from the last time you posted the same thing to try to make the comments seem less misogynistic and hypocritical. The fact remains that you did exactly what you are putting women down for doing, so whatever criticism you are applying to those women applies to you as well and probably more, since your goal was to have sex and ditch women who might have had sex with you with some other expectation.
 SC67
Msg: 453
Posted: 9/4/2011 6:20:11 PM

The fact remains that you did exactly what you are putting women down for doing, so whatever criticism you are applying to those women applies to you as well and probably more, since your goal was to have sex and ditch women who might have had sex with you with some other expectation.

Abelian...you have just answered the thread's question. Women think 1st date sex is weird because there are men out there like the person you are describing/responding to. They do all they can to convince you to do it & then judge you harshly for it. Pfft...childish games. I am very picky about who I date so when/if I decide to have sex I don't have to worry about these issues.
 larissan04
Msg: 454
Posted: 9/4/2011 6:47:12 PM
there are other posts about this. a lot of it has to do with the fact that many many men out there think that if a woman has sex on the first date she is somehow not relationship material, or they actually think less of her even though they think it is okay for them to have sex on the first date. i've heard men say that it makes them wonder if she does this with every other guy she has dated. of course my response is, "well, do you? do you have sex on the first date with every woman that you've dated?" of course they do not, but that doesn't change the fact that they now think less of the woman. anyway, it's best if a woman just refrains from having sex for a while. it's way too risky, and many men have way tooooooo many hang ups about female sexuality.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 455
Posted: 9/5/2011 6:46:23 PM
So waiting 3 dates makes it meaningful? I fail to see how the number 3 means anything OP. If it feels right on the first date then it feels right. if it doesnt feel right after the 1st, 2nd or 3rd . then all the sudden a girl is going to have sex because its 3 dates? I dont see the point in having a 3 date rule.

I'm not arguing for holding out for the sake of making it grand, beautiful, and meaningful emotional experience, don't get me wrong... but I would say a 3rd date would differ than a 1st date. At the end of the 3rd date, generally speaking, you have a decent assessment on weeding them out for being one who's worth going steady with. After the 1st date, you've just gone out with them once... so you can be soo much more wrong.... IF one were to feel comfortable having sex with someone who at least is respectable and thru more than one demonstration, date-worthy. I would say there is a big difference between 1st date & 3rd date as far as getting a feel for someone... and I think many people want to get at least a decent feel for someone before -- whether it's for just fun or more.

Women think 1st date sex is weird because there are men out there like the person you are describing/responding to. They do all they can to convince you to do it & then judge you harshly for it. Pfft...childish games. I am very picky about who I date so when/if I decide to have sex I don't have to worry about these issues.

(1) If you're picky about who you end up dating, then it has nothing to do with this really though... because by that time, you'd be past several dates.

(2) If a guy blows you off because you had sex with him on the 1st date -- is that worse than that not happening and by date, say, 5 you have sex, and then by outing/date 7 you find out he is really not your match when it comes to things? Just saying it's best to find out their issues right off the bat than letting things string out and slowly finding out later, and miss out on other opportunities, that's all. I'm NOT saying one SHOULD do it on the first date, don't get me wrong... I'm just saying if that is THE reason why (guys potentially blowing a gal off strictly because of it), then they wouldn't be date worthy anyway. I would just assume it's because of a comfort-zone issue of at least getting to know a guy some.
 abelian
Msg: 456
Posted: 9/5/2011 7:40:28 PM
Well, it might seem that way if your goal was to make little digs at me... Which quite frankly, I am getting tired of.

Then don't post misogynistic comments and I'll have nothing to dig.

Typically, it is used to describe the activity of going past the mere perception of something, to making detailed judgments about that thing. As a virtue, a discerning individual is considered to possess wisdom, and be of good judgement; especially so with regard to subject matter often overlooked by others."

Some people make good judgments quickly. I'm picky about who I date and I've never needed much time to make an accurate judgment about a person. Discernment doesn't require time. It requires intelligence and good intuition. I make my judgments before going on a date, not after I sleep with someone.

Actually, most of the time I went when I went out to meet women to possibly have a relationship with...( In truth, most of the time I went out to have a beer... ) Meeting women was often incidental...
Losing interest in someone after the sex was not by concious choice... It just happened...

You've already said something very different:

In my own case, I simply lost interest in them... Primarily because once I'd had sex with them, I didn't know them well enough to care if I saw them again... and I'd already had sex, so I'd simply end up interested in another woman....
Partly, I prefer a challenge... If there was no challenge, then I had little or no interest... There have been times when I never even bothered having sex with girl I had just met , say in a bar, because once I knew I could, I sometimes decided I wasn't even interested in her enough to do that...

Let me ask you again. Does that describe the kind of man a woman should be aiming for? Does that describe a man with any integrity? What difference would it make if a woman slept with that kind of person after 1 date or 50? He isn't going to have any more integrity after 49 more dates.

1... If a woman has sex with any other expectation just having sex, then she shouldn't be having sex. She should only be having sex for her own reasons. - Which is a point I believe you have made yourself several times....

I have said that. It's the only way to not have to wonder if someone is lying. People should do everything that way so that it's unnecessary to worry about another person's integrity. You're posts make it very clear why people should make decisions based on what they want to do rather than what others want them to believe.

of course they do not, but that doesn't change the fact that they now think less of the woman. anyway, it's best if a woman just refrains from having sex for a while. it's way too risky, and many men have way tooooooo many hang ups about female sexuality.

Well, that only matters if you want to date men like that. I'm not sure why any woman would, though. I'm also not sure why a woman would care what a man like that thinks of her, either.

I am very picky about who I date so when/if I decide to have sex I don't have to worry about these issues.

Ditto. Being picky up front makes life a lot easier. I certainly wasn't going to let what other people think ruin any chemistry.
 DudeistPriest
Msg: 457
Posted: 9/5/2011 8:08:55 PM
Hey, I'm a guy and, honestly, I find sex on the first date wierd.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 458
Posted: 9/5/2011 9:59:04 PM

why do so many women say they dont like a guy who "just wants sex"?

isn't the simplest answer to this question the most obvious ?

cuz they want more from a man than just sex...as it relates to hoping to find a man for a relationship.

because a relationship IS truly about a lot more than just sex.

yet when they go out and allow men to screw them (when they are NOT in a relationship), even a one night stand...

they did so, because THEY chose to allow that man to have sex with them ...
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 459
Posted: 9/6/2011 8:17:56 AM

Then don't post misogynistic comments and I'll have nothing to dig

What I post is up to me... I don't criticize some of the crap you post. Although to be honest, I should. However, you are entitled to your opinion as am I. That does not give you the right to repeatedly make disparaging comments...
Next time you start making digs, I will complain to Admin...

I don't see where disparaging comments were made towards you personally. Your posts were criticized because they said two different things, and they can indeed be viewed as reflecting a misogynistic attitude toward women:
mi·sog·y·nis·tic
adjective
reflecting or exhibiting hatred, dislike, mistrust, or mistreatment of women.

In my own case, I simply lost interest in them... Primarily because once I'd had sex with them, I didn't know them well enough to care if I saw them again... and I'd already had sex, so I'd simply end up interested in another woman....
Partly, I prefer a challenge... If there was no challenge, then I had little or no interest...

This is a perfect example of a misogynistic viewpoint. It displays a mistreatment of a woman and a callous disregard for her feelings. It also demonstrates that by preferring a challenge in order to pique your interest, a woman has to play games, e.g. "play hard-to-get". It is precisely because of men with attitudes like yours, that so many women feel they must hold off on having sex---even if they are physically attracted to the man, or they'll never see him again.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 460
Posted: 9/6/2011 9:08:46 AM
^^^^ To be fair, I don't see that last part as misogynistic. Women can feel just the same way, so is that anti-guy? No. Is it weird and wtf? Yes. It's an example of weird turn-offs that people themselves walk into... but until they hold it against THE OTHER as a person, and not just a mere sudden lack of interest, then I wouldn't say it's an anti-gender thing. And even if, if they were bi, they'd be doing the same thing to any gender, and it'd be a people thing.

With that said, maybe some guys (or gals) pull out an "entrapment test", which unfortunately isn't frowned upon enough. In this case, they could think "I'm sexually attracted to him/her... I'm in the mood, and these beers feel good... hey, I'll see if he/she'll come back to my place, and if they're open to sex, great -- at least I get that.... if not, even better -- they're more relationship material....".

A similar example can be found in other forum threads -- where (usually it's) a woman who offers to pay her half of a bill and the guy bites on it -- and she writes him off because he accepted the (fake) offer.

But in the end, I don't think people pre-meditate an "entrapment test" when it comes to sex "too early". I think it's a Monday Morning Quarterback sort of thing, because they feel it's weird after, and don't ever place the arrow of weirdness upon themselves, but instead, the other (new) person.
 abelian
Msg: 461
Posted: 9/6/2011 9:34:23 AM
Women can feel just the same way, so is that anti-guy?

Yes, I think it would be misandrist. I've never had sex with a woman who wasn't fully aware of what it was about, I've never had sex with someone I didn't actually like and I would certainly never have sex with someone and think less of her for it. If someone wants a challenge, he/she is hunting trophies and that is a misogynsistic or misandrist attitude.

A similar example can be found in other forum threads -- where (usually it's) a woman who offers to pay her half of a bill and the guy bites on it -- and she writes him off because he accepted the (fake) offer.

I always declined such offers, but I still wouldn't want to date a woman like that based on general principles. Furthermore, setting traps like that for people is just game playing and I have zero sympathy for those people.

But in the end, I don't think people pre-meditate an "entrapment test" when it comes to sex "too early". I think it's a Monday Morning Quarterback sort of thing, because they feel it's weird after, and don't ever place the arrow of weirdness upon themselves, but instead, the other (new) person.

The times I've been in that position haven't been many, but I thought the thing to do was to make sure the other person didn't feel weird. That seems like the more adult thing to do. I certainly didn't feel weird, since I made the choice to be in that position. I really have never encountered the kind of weirdness I see in these threads, but maybe that's because I don't go along with the sort of games and hypocritical thinking that goes along with this weirdness.

I don't criticise some of the crap you post. Although to be honest, I should.

Then criticize it. If I was worried about criticism, I wouldn't post what I post.

Next time you start making digs, I will complain to Admin...

OK. If I thought my post was out of line, I wouldn't have posted it.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 462
Posted: 9/6/2011 10:20:33 AM
Yes, I think it would be misandrist. I've never had sex with a woman who wasn't fully aware of what it was about, I've never had sex with someone I didn't actually like and I would certainly never have sex with someone and think less of her for it. If someone wants a challenge, he/she is hunting trophies and that is a misogynsistic or misandrist attitude.

It could be -- but I wouldn't go so far. Some people put the blame of weirdness on themselves (or half and half or just others or no blame) and think that having sex too early "ruins things". Not everyone who does so thinks the other person is a slut. It's when they look down at the other person in a gender-related fashion (and not themselves obviously), I think it's an anti-gender thing.

I always declined such offers, but I still wouldn't want to date a woman like that based on general principles.

So have I almost all the time, but back when I was more rookie-like and with less money, and the (fake) offer seemed genuine enough, I would bite... but I don't walk into that anymore, unless the woman insists more than once over. However, if I sense a fake offer I may half-humorously ask if that was a fake offer or a real offer -- because games aren't cool and I do want to cover the bill... her response to it will show some character as to whether or not she's date worthy. Anyway, one could say though, that one should decline moving well past 1st base on a 1st date because they don't want to be caught in any trap of the person writing them off because of that itself.

I really have never encountered the kind of weirdness I see in these threads, but maybe that's because I don't go along with the sort of games and hypocritical thinking that goes along with this weirdness.

Well, finding it "weird" after isn't necessarily being a hypocrite. Some people blame themselves or just blame themselves for potentially making the other person feel weird. I certainly haven't when I felt that the gal and I were different people and her interest was so-so anyway... but if someone has found the gal relationship-worthy and seemingly the kind of gal who might not find it kosher, the next day they may be like "Sh!t, I hope that didn't screw up my chances...".

But I guess that also depends on the type of "1st date" it'd be. I think if people were pen-pals for a good while, and had tons o communication beforehand and got to know each other, had a long date spending hours and hours together, sure -- that wouldn't be something to worry about... where a 3 email exchange immediately followed by a nice date then the bedroom might make one worry if the other person's a bit weirded out as far as relationship avenue's concerned.
 femaleandflirty
Msg: 463
Posted: 9/7/2011 10:40:36 PM
From what I hear many women do put out on the first date and invite the guys home. Craziness. They are virtual strangers and even if they have emailed, phoned for ages, it is still a risk and not to mention STDs. SAnonymous or impersonal sex can be fun occasionally but there is nothing better than an emotional connection along with it.
Men are wired to have casual sex and spread their sperm far and wide and can be unemotional but women if they have prolonged sex with the one guy and orgasm, attachment hormones are released, in preparation for the expected pregnancy, at least in the primitive brain. Women can feel used in a casual situation but men rarely do.
A lot of men dont respect a woman that is too easy or too uninhibited because they think who else are they that easy with? Despite what they may say. THey will view you as easy even though they will do everything they can to get you to bed.

Soulpentimento
Msg: 464
Posted: 9/7/2011 10:44:47 PM
Would you feel rushed if a woman said "I love you!" on a first date? Women do not detach emotionally from sex as easily as men do. Women want EMOTIONS with their sex. For other women, they're just afraid you won't respect them after and they'll lose their chance with you. ...a lot of women also have a "number" that is the honest response of "how many people have you been with?" asked by MEN. So, in hopes of not appearing to be promiscuous, makes sure the relationship is going to "go somewhere" before engraving that new digit...lol And then there are stds..I suppose everyone has their reasons.
 femaleandflirty
Msg: 465
Posted: 9/7/2011 10:49:36 PM
I dont see his comments as misogynist. It is the way it is with men. Feminism and equal rights etc, will never change that....No one really values what is easily given up. After all it takes enormous trust for a woman to allow a man into her inner sanctum and I think alcohol is responsible for a lot of promiscuous behaviour in that it lowers our natural barriers and cautions.

So yes we engage in the dance of love, and it should be fun too. Man is the hunter and
we let them chase us until we catch them....
 andwhatsurstorylol
Msg: 466
Posted: 9/7/2011 11:43:36 PM
What it really comes down to is that we are talking about 2 consenting adults that chose to have sex or not. If the guy does and the girl doesn't then no sex, if they both want to have sex then they do.
I don't think it's about if a woman finds it wierd or not. Its about if she wants to have sex she can it's her choice and if not, that's her choice as well. If that choice is because of religous beliefs or upbringing it doesn't matter.
If you think less of her for it, then that's your choice but it doesn't make her or him any less a person.
 abelian
Msg: 467
Posted: 9/7/2011 11:47:49 PM

I dont see his comments as misogynist. It is the way it is with men.

Just because it's that way with some men and feminism won't change that doesn't mean it isn't misogynistic. The concept doesn't depend on how many men think that way. It would be misogynistic even if 100% of the men thought that way.

After all it takes enormous trust for a woman to allow a man into her inner sanctum

No, all it takes is for a woman to stop paying attention to men who hold double standards and care more about what she thinks and wants.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 468
Posted: 9/8/2011 7:25:05 AM

Would you feel rushed if a woman said "I love you!" on a first date?

Not rushed, but kinda freaked out -- but yes, thoughts of things being rushed if I were to actually continue down the road with things, sure!

Women want EMOTIONS with their sex.

I don't agree with that in terms of (almost all) women wanting to make love, not make sex, if they are to have sexual relations with a guy pre-relationship. I think it's something else, as far as emotions go...

So, in hopes of not appearing to be promiscuous, makes sure the relationship is going to "go somewhere" before engraving that new digit

Ahhh, that's it. :)

"how many people have you been with?" asked by MEN.

And women who aren't the least bit competitive or jealous of said women don't ask (or assume) that question? :)

In the end, I think it's not wanting to seem promiscuous... if they guy didn't end up liking them, they will more feel that way, and thus, turn the blame on the guy for screwing them over... even though he could have sucked in bed and after too many drinks she realizes that he is NOT for her, and could blow him off and it'd be alright. It sucks when a date seems to go pretty well, we get our hopes up, and come to find out, the other person really isn't that interested -- whether you had sex, just 2nd base, or just a kiss at the end. If you end up sleeping with someone who ends up parting away very soon after -- it's THAT emotion related to sex that really gets someone who cares about their digits... even though they walked right into it as much as the next person (yes, a guy can be like that too lol)
 Moonchild51
Msg: 469
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2011 8:24:03 AM

Ouch someone has had a really bad experience with men. I agree that women tend to attach the emotions with sex more so than do men. What I believe onthis whole deal is. When meeting a ladie be truthful in what you say treat her with respect and remember what it is to be a gentleman . The one thing we have in life is control of our body and no one should ever cross that line. Go into a date with the attitude that you are there to get to know one onother a bit. If both of you feel the chemistry and attraction to one another and is a mutual agreement then go crazy. Ladies if a man ever calls you a slut for having sex of the first date remind him (if he was the one you where having sex with) that he was there to. If he's not tell him it's none of his business . And men be a gracious gentleman you will be amazed it might get you laid more than you expect. Enjoy sex and the beauty of a woman but don't ever make a woman fell cheap or less of a person for allowing you to enter in a guarded area of her life. And you would be surprised some of " the most prim and proper " ladies are the ones who can the most enthused all they need to know is if they can trust you and will treated with respect. Wow let me get off my soap box enjoy

^^I am not sure why this guy calls himself "Bonehead"....appears to be the smartest poster in this entire thread! Kudos to you!!!!
 abelian
Msg: 470
Posted: 9/8/2011 8:33:12 AM

Would you feel rushed if a woman said "I love you!" on a first date?

Not really. It won't change anything one way or the other from my perspective. I'll still do whatever I was going to do anyway and whatever happens, happen. Why should I feel rushed or pressured by what she feels?

Women do not detach emotionally from sex as easily as men do.

That's a myth.

For other women, they're just afraid you won't respect them after and they'll lose their chance with you.

Why would a woman want to date someone who is a hypocrite and wouldn't respect her for doing the same thing he did? Masochism? Performance art?

a lot of women also have a "number" that is the honest response of "how many people have you been with?" asked by MEN.

You say that as if that is a gender thing. I don't recal ever dating a woman who didn't ask me that question eventually. In fact, if I were curious about her number,'' I'd just wait until she asked me mine. I don't have a problem answering the question and by waiting until she asks, she'd have a little difficulty refusing to answer the same question. You act as though women are victims of their own sexuality.

So, in hopes of not appearing to be promiscuous,

How about just not caring what other people think? I mean, it's your life, not someone else's.

makes sure the relationship is going to "go somewhere" before engraving that new digit..

If you find out how to do that, write a book. So far, I've never been able to make sure a relationship was going somewhere nor have I ever heard of anyone who being able to do that. If that was possible, divorces and breakups would never happen.
 MutedEnthusiasm
Msg: 471
Posted: 9/8/2011 10:43:19 AM
Some people think if a woman has spontaneous sex with one man she’ll have indiscriminate sex with any man, and is an inferior person.

Sometimes (apparently) the person thinking that is the guy she just had sex with. That's a bugger.

Sometimes the person thinking that is the woman herself. That's a shame.
 bff2011
Msg: 472
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2011 10:52:27 AM
"All generalizations are false, Including this one".

This is a very sexy man! He is not afraid to admit he has emotions regarding sex. I think that in order to not have emotions during sex, a person needs to go out of there way mentally to do so, and thats probably out of fear from the man or the woman or both. I say if you want to use someone for sex, just have the decsentcy (sp?) to ask them first, don't assume.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >