Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 shinobi1
Msg: 153
Why do women find sex on a first date so weird?Page 3 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)
eah I find this whole thing strange - I guess it's a major difference between men and women.
I have found just in my own recent experiences that most of those women have wanted sex but stuck to some 'not on the 1st date rule' but the second was fine. And they'd even tell me that they had this rule or be in a state of undress as things had gotten 'heated'! I think it's a bit stupid (confessing) so I might judge them by that. Also, any guy who thinks less of a woman because she won't have sex with HIM on the first date is weird - maybe those women should be going out with guys who appreciates them and what they do more!
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 154
Why do women find sex on a first date so weird?
Posted: 5/23/2007 10:01:48 AM
I totally disagree with women that say its not ok for a woman to sleep with someone right away . I have had gfs and have slept with some right off the bat and it did not mar the relationship at all. In fact I have dated some for a long time [6months or longer]. I do not judge a lady for sleeping with me right away. In fact I go the opposite way. I respect her more for being able to do as she feels with me instead of holding back because of some societal constraints that really do not mean anything .
 TiffiTatas
Msg: 155
Posted: 5/23/2007 11:01:14 AM
The reason they agreed to go out with you for a first day, is because they genuinely liked you, not to get laid! I've dated plenty of guys that I genuinely liked and then the "sex factor" came up! I felt pressured and said, Okay whatever! Did I get called back, well yeah! Did I answer? Hell no! I'm not here for someone to play with my girl parts! I'm not "dating" to get screwed anymore! I mean I could get laid right now if I wanted to, but there's more to life AND love then a "bang fest"! Although, that does sound fun lol!

There's sometimes that emotional thing too! You know, when a girl starts falling for you and you sleep together on the first date, but she really cares about you as a person! Most of the guys out there would pretend to dig her, until he laid her! Leaving the poor girl broken harted and alone! I feel bad for those girls, I really do!

AND, I like building that anticipation too! That feeling you get when you just want to "go crazy" on someone every time you see them! Just imagine what could happen after waiting a few more dates or even months....I mean WOW! It could be pretty "bangtastic"!
 giveitall4it
Msg: 157
Posted: 5/23/2007 1:47:13 PM
cause they tink you will stick around if you think there good girls even tho most guys will lie till they do get you in bed cause now its a challange but kid yourself not ladies if you approached a guy and told him lets do it right now right here 95 % of them would run like lil babies.....maybe thats the real answer guys cause sex on the first date most likely scares the crap out of women...hummmmm ya think
 goshiloveyou
Msg: 159
Posted: 5/23/2007 8:26:20 PM
How many guys carry around their 'papers' along with their condom?
Same with women.

That's why you don't have sex on the first date. ;)
You wake up the next week with herpes.
 just - me
Msg: 164
Posted: 5/23/2007 9:00:11 PM
EXACTLY!!!!!!
 shimmrkat
Msg: 167
Posted: 5/24/2007 12:20:32 AM

Just curious....why do so many women say they dont like a guy who "just wants sex"? Women often comment they want to wait until the 3rd date or longer to have sex. That its got to be meaningful etc... Why is that?

If a woman is looking for a serious relationship, she wants it be about more than sexual chemistry. That good ole sexual chemistry can be intensely powerful, too, causing a woman to believe she is in love when what she's really experiencing is the 'glow'. Sex very soon after meeting affects a woman's ability to make a serious decision on whether or not to date someone.

Sure, women can and do have sex with strangers; one nighters with some hotty they picked up at the bar. But when a woman is looking for a serious relationship, she wants to be sure that what's she's feeling has more to do with the person than the penis.

If a woman labels a guy 'just wants sex', what she's really saying is that he isn't a good choice (for her, anyway) for a serious relationship.

I don't know anyone who waits for sex because they're afraid of being labelled a slut. They're afraid that the relationship will move too fast for them to avoid getting hurt if things don't work out.
 orchidtigress
Msg: 168
Posted: 5/24/2007 1:37:24 AM
There are ads in the Yellow pages or any newspaper for what you are seeking.
 acgoat
Msg: 170
Posted: 5/24/2007 6:02:09 AM
Cotter

[ I guess I'm quite the novice ... I've never experienced "meaningless" sex. How does that work for a woman? Just lay in the bed and spread your legs and let the guy go for it?]
You can do that or you can get on top, whatever you would do during sex that is [meaningful] you can do during meaningless sex also.

[OH DEAR ... now I have my curiosity up ... what does a guy do when he's having "meaningless" sex?]
He is trying to cop his nut, if you want your nut/orgasm, you are responsible to get it yourself, afterall, you are both using each other as mastubation tools.
 open_minded28
Msg: 173
Posted: 5/24/2007 1:40:15 PM
I tend to agree most with the idea that there are societal pressures.
From the women that Ive had the pleasure of knowing both platonically and romantically, it seems that the emotional element is not a prerequisite, but rather an enhancement to physcial intimacy. Genetic makeup? Environmental influences? Darwinism? Dunno, maybe a little of all of that. In any case, while there are certainly very valid concerns over personal safety, disease, etc, in my (limited?) experience it seems to be primarily a case of preference. Women very simply do it how it feels best to them. For some/many/all the experience is heightened and far more pleasing to them when shared with a love interest.
I'm already ducking and pulling large metal objects overhead in preparation of the assault from women I've offended! If I am off base, I apologize. Please chalk it up to being male and trying to make sense of observations, rather than having lived as a woman and truly understanding it first-hand!

Now, having said that, I wanted to add something else. Throughout my life, I have enjoyed some physical (only) relationships. Some were friends before hand, or after, or never. I can attest to the fact that for me PERSONALLY, sex is taken to a new level when shared with someone I have some sort of ongoing relationship with, be it strictly physical or not. I believe that is because there is the trust and acceptance there, and there is more of a desire to please someone I know a little better, even if I am not in love with them. We take the time to learn more about what pleases each other, etc. In short, I dont feel a need to have an emotional bond there to enjoy physical intimacy, but for me it does heighten the experience, be it a friend or someone I am dating.

I also think there is a great deal to be said for your partner, too. If the person you are sleeping with on the first date is really all about an orgasm, then perhaps the experience could feel empty/incomplete/etc. If your partner is genuinely interested in you, enjoys your personality, is willing to make it a fun, lengthy, fullfilling experience, takes the time to learn about your body and views it as an opportunity to help you relax, feel good about yourself, and feel good physically, then I think first date sex is not only ok, but can be wonderful!
 indianaman
Msg: 177
Posted: 5/28/2007 4:45:47 PM
Love and sex are too complex to be reduced to simple formulas like "first date sex is always meaningless" and "sex in a long term relatisonship is always meaningful." I had first date sex with a woman once that was an incredibly meaningful emotional experience, while I dated another woman for several months and the relationship never even came close to being meaningful.
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2007 7:06:44 PM
(quote)I personally find emotional connection boring....then you need a hooker not someone here trying to find a date or looking for something a little more than a lay plus they are easier to find than on a dating site Id think...I think sex for sex sake basically sucks..
 NiceGuyInMesa
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2007 7:19:43 PM
Because sex on the first date might be saying "I find you attractive" in a clear and definite way, and most women feel threatened when a man is so bold as to make such a statement in a clear and definite way.

I've had relationships where sex *before* the first date led to a relationship that lasted a couple of years, and I've had sex *well after* the first date that fell apart after a few months. And I've have one that may be ending over the claim that all I want is sex.

Women. Can't live without them, can't shoot them.
 Cynderella
Msg: 183
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2007 7:31:59 PM

Women often comment they want to wait until the 3rd date or longer to have sex

Third Date...Not a chance!

It's not weird...it's just not right...at least not to me...

Time before sex is like having sex...Foreplay then the Lead up and the Climax which is all worth the wait!!!
 catman40
Msg: 194
Posted: 5/31/2007 6:55:08 AM
for me , sex means she wants me . sex on a first date ONLY IF she says . sex has too many emotions for me . sex means more then just " one time " IF , I get lucky to ahve sex the first nihgt . I WOULD call her the next day .
 tallykatt
Msg: 196
Posted: 5/31/2007 10:28:48 AM
Ya know this baffled me too for a bit, of course guys want to have sex on the first date, although not intentionally at the beginning... OK lets see, we girls like this guy and we are goin out on our first date.....

Clothing choices.....
Old ragedy sweats, or the little black dress?

the scent of after tibo in summer, or a light mist in strategic areas?

Granny panties? or something you and i both know arnt worn for comfort?????

hair in tossled bun with pencil holding in place, or new color, cut and even rollers.....

ladies the saying I SHAVED 4 this, had to come from somewhere????

HMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmm

ladies.. we go to that much trouble because we want our date to be dreaming of us naked, and that confidence makes us feel sexy then we too get horny and before you know it BOTH parties are willingly engulfed in hot sticky passion.

Ladies if you are gonna pre planned "not give it up" dont make yourselves so sexy, it doesnt seem fair...... if you want to prolonge the anticipation factor, which i think is sexier than sex then dont shave your legs............... this keeps most women from dropin their gear.......

In answere to your question, i think that women say they dont like a guy who "just wants sex"? because they have bin subjected "we had sex, and he hasnt called........"syndrome, so they btry a different approach, act how we (women) perceive a lady should actlike and , say it has to be meaning ful, so that we dont get f*ck*d n chucked.

in all reality women want it just as bad as guys do, and if you arnt the least bit horny on the first date, then honey he just aint doin it for ya....... stop with the "im not that kinda girl"persona.......... men are men instinctually driven to reproduce, not mate for life, so "it has to mean something" is a bit heavy at first......... and unlikely in all cases.....
 mikesbandit
Msg: 197
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2007 10:50:23 AM
Wow, a woman that actually gets it! You are to be congratulated.
 ________
Msg: 200
Posted: 6/2/2007 3:28:56 PM
Because it is weird...

But then so is having at had least 200 dates and two vacation together without sex....

What ever feels right for you.
 gambit1018
Msg: 211
Posted: 6/18/2007 3:47:10 PM
by chance cane anyone tell me how to get sex on the frist date im dyeing
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 213
Posted: 6/18/2007 3:53:46 PM
Irish I think you are being judgmental- If there is a connection and 2 people want to have sex on the first date it does not mean that someone is immoral. Sex is a basic human need and there is no right nor wrong. To women that prefer to wait that is cool . I say lets just be ourselves.
 chocolaterose
Msg: 217
Posted: 6/19/2007 1:39:20 AM
I am sorry guys but the blame for this one lies with you. You cant expect women to put out easily or quickly when you openly admit that you wont respect her and label her with derrogatory terms like slut and whore. I mean are you boys special if you want your women to put out quickly you might do better labelling those that do goddesses, vixens and the such like. Wake up to yourselves. If you want definate sex on the first date go see a pro.

( i want to make it clear at this point that i in no way think that the previous proffession is derogatory. More power to you girls.)

RO
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >