Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cinsav
Msg: 128
Is dating in your 30's a DEAD ZONE????Page 5 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

So let me get this straight ...

At the stroke of midnight on the eve of her 30th birthday, Cinderella's mind turns into a pumpkin until her fairy godmother returns 10 years later to give her back her sanity so that she is once again date-able in the eyes of men?

Fascinating. Are you sure you don't like drama?

The 30-something women you dated in the past may have gone "psycho" on you as an easy out from a relationship with a dull, narrow-minded, self-important clown with a huge sense of entitlement and nothing much to back it up. The 20-somethings just didn't notice yet because they were too busy picking up on younger guys whenever your back was turned and the 40-somethings didn't care, as they figured you'd at least be good for a free meal or two.

Just saying ...

And from your own profile...

Update: My profile is like the House of Leaves. I swear. It changes itself without any input from me

So says the flake who changes her profile on a daily basis because she doesn't have a clue as to what she wants.

30 something women ARE whack jobs for the most part.... well SINGLE 30 something.

1. They just got out of a marriage to the wrong man - because their "amazing" choice in men lead them to marry a complete ass that cheated on them, used them, or whatever - and THIS time they're going to get it right, by God!

2. They've never been married or in any type of long term committed relationship, which is a strong indicator that they're freaking flaky as hell..

3. They actually bought into the idea that when daddy told them they were a princess at the age six - they actually really believe they're a princess and it only took 30 years to completely fall for it.

Take your pick.

I don't need to prove myself to yet another 30 something flake - your post just proved my point.
 --Zen--
Msg: 129
Is dating in your 30's a DEAD ZONE????
Posted: 8/26/2011 9:23:56 AM
um most like because you should not rely on some crappy dating site..
I do enjoy this forums though. Little bit totalitarian but no extreme censorship.
 Rockhound80
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2011 4:55:00 PM
I missed my timing in my twenties. I honestly really actually am beggining to see myself as being alone for this life time. It angers me in a way. I have alot to offer,,,,,but its all but done it seems. I have also noticed that I must not be good eneough for alot of girls out there for some reason or another. I know it ain true,,,but thats what guys like me get told, and its like,,,,bullshit!
 Luke_Mpls31
Msg: 131
Posted: 8/27/2011 6:04:35 PM
I'm starting to think maybe it really is a dead zone. This is the second time I've been on here since I turned 30 and haven't even had 1 date or found anyone worthwhile to talk to! In my 20's, I always had a date setup after the first week.
 domo30
Msg: 132
Posted: 9/1/2011 8:32:33 AM
ok this is complete and under bs. Just because a woman is single and 30 or older doesnt mean shes crazy you morons. Ive been engaged at 20 but decided I was too young. Ive had a few relationships which didnt work because the guys were either douches or not ready to be serious or cheated. Id rather be single at my age than just settle with any old guy. I will pass on settling for whats not right for me. And guys in their 30s usually have multiple kids and divorces under their belt pass on that drama. See generalizing is dumb
 domo30
Msg: 134
Posted: 9/1/2011 9:22:52 AM
We also are picky physically lol I know I am
 SweetofSerendipity
Msg: 135
Posted: 9/1/2011 6:35:23 PM
This thread is funny.lol Dating in my 30's has been a great experience! Yes, there tends to be a trend of more unstable men in their 30's, but it is what it is. Can't date the men in their 20's because they don't have the life experiences. Can date the men much older because they don't have the energy to keep up. lol

So, I'll be 40 soon. I wonder if that means I'll be mature enough to set aside the crazy, nutjob 30's status that you men so eloquently relate us to.
 WildAndFree3
Msg: 136
Posted: 9/5/2011 7:18:21 AM
I'm in my mid 30s and definitely don't want a young whipper snapper. They might be alright as a boy toy, but then they start to act like children and get on your nerves... The problem is most of the men in their 30s are married and in serious relationships. I've thought about maybe trying the 40s crowd.
 saspice
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2011 2:08:30 PM
i agree with ya, im now in mid 30s and im a woman whos not materialistic, never have been just would like to find someone i can enjoy and visa versa, had a husband who gave me everything except what i wanted which is honesty and values. It seems like now the only guys i meet, want to be some kind of hero and rescue, and the woman be dependent on them. Your a guy, can u tell me why guys dont like a chic who wants and needs to be selfsufficent and just enjoy each other and what both people can bring to the table
 smokingcoffedrinker73
Msg: 138
Posted: 9/14/2011 8:12:05 PM
I am curious, how many people have heard that phrase? everything happens for a reason.....furthermore how many people actually buy it? I honestly believe it is a statement written by a kindergarden teacher to explain where babies come from or how the world was created. My point is its a stupid statement, common sense tells us that. if things didn`t have a reason then they couldn`t happen! No offense is meant to the poster just really tired of hearing that dumb phrase, it is not an answer!we look for the reason because we are hard wired to find logic in purpose and reasons.
 jkdjm
Msg: 139
Posted: 9/16/2011 12:35:21 PM
man you are so right about that! if you don't have a job that makes X amount of $, most women don't even want to know you....as if material things matter most to them than a relationship. i've had better luck with foreign women and plan to make a trip to south america just for kicks. i figured, if i'm single, why stay in the city i live in for vacation, when there's a bigger world out there. the best thing to do is just have fun with your life....don't hold back for anybody!
 morta1ez
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2011 3:01:46 PM
It is a dead zone, because unlike in your 20's you are nolonger working with a clean slate, like the other poster said, "at our age you are nolonger starting life with someone, they are trying to fit you into their existing life without breaking anything".

And that's why dating past 30 is so much harder than it was at 20 when life was just starting.
 Philhelm
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2011 5:00:03 PM

man you are so right about that! if you don't have a job that makes X amount of $, most women don't even want to know you....as if material things matter most to them than a relationship. i've had better luck with foreign women and plan to make a trip to south america just for kicks. i figured, if i'm single, why stay in the city i live in for vacation, when there's a bigger world out there. the best thing to do is just have fun with your life....don't hold back for anybody!

I think there's some truth there. This older soldier that I had known in the Army had said there's a reason why GI's get married to foreign women. They tend to be less materialistic and more family-oriented than American women. I'm considering going for foreign women as well; more attractive, more educated, and more virtuous.
 modivin
Msg: 142
Posted: 9/28/2011 10:55:14 PM
Interesting...it depends on the specifics for me. I recently moved from Chicago to Davenport, Iowa. Yup...from a big city to what people from Iowa call the armpit of Iowa. I moved here for school...a lovely 3.5 years later I will be a Chiropractor. What I've noticed here however...
Guys approach me asking to be their sugardaddy. Some just got out of jail. And these are random people on the street....yup, that is Davenport.
Personally, I don't care how much a guy is making since I've met guys who make a ton or a little and are the biggest d-bags out there. And some guys I know who make a good amount and are as sweet as can be. Money changes people but most of the time they start off a certain way to begin with.

So, to you guys who have girls looking at you because they are gold diggers, because they are materialistic and don't want to work for their own way...I get it. Its a two way street. Foreign people aren't always the option however. Having been married to a Navy guy, I met many from Asia or Latin countries and there are just the same amount of people who are gold diggers looking for a sugar daddy.

In the end it comes down to what you are putting out there. If you don't want something...guess what, you will attract exactly what you don't want. Universal law.
 jarodsecomb1
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2011 11:30:55 PM
Yes, yes I firmly believe that dating after thirty is done. I've never been married, no kids and it seems impossible to find a date let alone a girlfriend.
 jkdjm
Msg: 144
Posted: 9/30/2011 4:47:29 PM
"In the end it comes down to what you are putting out there. If you don't want something...guess what, you will attract exactly what you don't want. Universal law."

either way, i won't settle for "whatever" and try to be happy about it. if it takes an eternity to find my type of woman, so be it. in my 30's it's been more "quality" vs. "quantity" in my 20's. as far as foreign women, i too have been to a some countries and yes there are some golddiggers, but not as bad as i see it back home. for the most part, i've seen that most foreign women take care of themselves, are down to earth and less materialistic......and that's what attracts me.
 DizzyMummi81
Msg: 145
Posted: 9/30/2011 11:14:35 PM
I will be thirty this year, and it's scary thinking of still dating at this age, I dont want to be Bridget Jones. I have always dated men that are older, because I always related more to them then men my own age. Don't get me wrong, men can be immature at any age, but so can women. It's just whatever someone's preference is I reckon. Good luck to you all. :)
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 146
Posted: 10/1/2011 10:07:31 AM

or if you rent your home rather than owning it

Humorously; many of the women who "own" their own home, hold less than 30% percent of the value of the home, and could not even recoup as much as they owe on it were they to sell it. Thanks to 0% down plans; ANYONE could, as they voice it, "own" their own home.

That's not a positive; it's a liability.
 DizzyMummi81
Msg: 147
Posted: 10/1/2011 10:43:43 AM
I'm happy when a fella has a job or is going to school. :^/

It's really sad that most guys are becoming jaded as to what a woman is looking for. And it's sad that women are painting that kind of stereotype all over the 'bathroom walls' so to speak, because that is where that kind of mind set belongs.

Guys, we are not all money hungry blood suckers.

I've ended up supporting a boyfriend several times in my life, can't do that anymore with a little boy nor do I want too. Keep your heads up, not all girls are worried about how much money is in your wallet but how much gold your heart is made of. :)
 JayW0311
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2011 12:36:24 AM
I don't know about in general, but for me it sure is. Probably worse than my teens or 20's were (and they were both pretty bad, I think).

I was a dumbass and got married at 22. That lasted 10 years. I swear I have something written on my forehead that says "Fat chicks, f*ckin PSYCHOS, and women with multiple kids, APPLY HERE!", because the whole two or three on here , and ONE in real life, that have shown any kind of interest lately all fit into one of those categories, and my ex wife fits into the last two. There MAY be one I've talked to who doesn't fall into those, but so far I can't say.

If it's just dating, I really don't care if she has kids, but I don't want to raise someone else's kids again (1 might be OK, depends on how I feel about the woman in question). This means I'm generally going to have to look to the under 25 crowd. But a lot of THEM have multiple kids, too. I'm not some kind of great pickup artist who can bring a woman home (or end up at her place) every weekend, though I gotta be honest, I'd really like a few one nighters. It's been FAR too long since I've gotten laid. But seeing as how I'm NOT good at getting that, that means investing time and energy (to get something a little more serious, which I'm willing to do). The problem there is...

Thanks to my work schedule, I basically get ONE night to do things (Saturday), I don't count Sunday because let's face it, there's really nothing going on in my part of Ohio on Sunday. Friday after work would be an option, if I took clothes with me and changed at work, but by the time I could get anywhere other than the bar down the road from work it would be 1230 a.m., and that's just if I wanted to go to a dive bar in Lima or something. I dislike going to bars by myself, because I don't drive if I've had more than a couple beers over a two or three hour span of time. I have trouble finding the will to waste my entire weekend to drive to Columbus, Toledo, or Dayton just to go trolling (the fishing type, not the internet type of trolling) and see what happens.

That means sites like this. And I personally think I'm not very photogenic. Esp. when I'm trying to take the damn pictures myself. Much better in person, not that I ever get the chance to show that. It's even worse than I originally thought, though. Out of something like 60 messages I've sent, I've gotten a grand total of TWO responses. Two. Neither of which went anywhere. I'm not a 10, but I'm not ugly, got a good job, own my own house, etc. etc., so it's not like I'm a bum loser. And let's face it, no matter what anyone says, there is SOME level of desperation to anyone who's on a site like this. Yet you'd think every one of these women was some kind of goddess.

Every day, it's looking more and more like I'm going to be making trips to Nevada or overseas every time I feel the need for another person's touch, and watching TV with my cat after work. With occasional trips to my friends' places to hang out...almost all of whom are married, with families, which just sorta rubs salt in the wounds and is even more depressing.

So yeah, I'd say it's a dead zone.
 westernnewfie77
Msg: 149
Posted: 10/2/2011 6:42:06 AM
Since I have been in my 30's I have had the worst luck finding someone. I think it does have alot to do with what was said before, now at this age most are looking for quality, no settling for whatever until the right person might come along. Most in their 30's are looking for someone who maybe marriage material.
 Wh1te_Rabb1t
Msg: 150
Posted: 10/2/2011 10:31:15 AM
I just started trying to find someone new at the end of my 30s - I turn 40 in a few weeks - my observations...

Because there is this vast online 'catalog' of potential online dates, what and who people look for as a mate gets amplified, and exaggerated to the point where virtually no one fits your 'ideal' mate description.

Women and Men in their 30s have been there, done that with a lot of dating experiences, so the 'Bullsh*t' meter is fully operational. They also have more than likely been hurt in a relationship, so why they got hurt means a lot about what they want from the next person.

If your last mate was bad with money, you look for someone rich. Rich doesn't necessarily mean they are GOOD with money, but you over-compensate for that - because you CAN in online dating. There are dozens of other examples like this.

Since people in their 30s are still 'climbing' on social and financial ladders, they tend to look 'up' vastly more than they look 'down', or even to look 'across'. Sad to say, but the reason dating in the 30s is so frustrating is because you can't find the forest with all those damn trees blocking your view.
 evenhuis
Msg: 151
Posted: 10/2/2011 11:51:15 AM
I hear that. I do say i agree my teens were pretty dull.
 virVerus
Msg: 152
Posted: 10/2/2011 11:04:49 PM
Dating in your 30's is a DEAD ZONE, especially if you're a guy and using dating sites as the only way to "meet" women and not at least 5'10" or otherwise considered attractive by women. On the other hand, even if a woman's considered ugly, she can still get a relationship or sex if she wants. She might not get the same quality as her more attractive sisters, but she can still get those things if she wants.

I've actually turned down a "BBW" because she was having sex with other guys and said what she really wanted was a relationship. Who's to say she wouldn't have stopped that if I had gotten involved with her?

It's funny. For most of my 20s I was working fast-food jobs while going to college, so I was in much better shape and dating women I met on campus. It's sad that the jobs which pay more require being on your donkey 8 hours a day. It's also sad that one's social circle diminishes a lot once one leaves the college years behind.
 poisonakki
Msg: 153
Posted: 10/6/2011 5:46:09 PM
dating in my 30's have been nothing but duds. Then again I've never had any luck with guys :(
I'm single and don't have kids but can't seem to find the right guy who is serious enough about a relationship. Not sure what it is...most of the guys I've met only want ONE thing and I'm not into being anyone's screwbuddy. I am starting to think most guys don't want or are incapable of being committed to one woman.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >