Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Does True love Exist?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 yumz
Msg: 101
Does True love Exist?Page 5 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
to me love is just a word that covers a number of feelings......attraction, lust, desire,companionship and so on.....its all to do with what you have in common that makes a good relationship last. the more you have in common the more you understand each others needs because they would be your own needs.
 Smooth Oper a tor
Msg: 102
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 3/12/2007 6:04:16 PM
It definitely exists. Love is an emotion there is no end too, it can keep on growing. Every once in a while you see it. I do believe a lot of people think they are in love, but move too quickly into intimacy, & what they think is love, is really more of a lustful attraction. In time, when the relationship loses that feeling of lust & excitement, people are left with a feeling of emptiness. Maybe in those cases, love was never really what it should have been in the first place.

You have to really like the person you are in love with. There is such a difference. You can have one, without the other. That relationship won't last.

If you do not believe in true love, you will never most likely experience it.

:)
 looking for love 2nd x
Msg: 103
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 3/12/2007 9:17:24 PM
Yes true love does exist!!!!!!!

unfortunatly it bruises somewhere along the way and when that happens you can truely love again.
 GR84185
Msg: 104
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 3/12/2007 9:31:20 PM
If you felt love it must be true.....
 Jenifire
Msg: 105
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 3/12/2007 10:51:38 PM
whaaaaaaattttttttt. Not to be rude, but if it doesn't why r u here?
 Summer Teeth
Msg: 106
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 3/12/2007 11:15:36 PM
The term "true love" is redundant. Love is true, otherwise it wouldn't be love. You might as well ask, "Does love exist?"

It does.
 Melanief8123
Msg: 107
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 3/13/2007 1:11:54 AM
I shure hope so ....
 Celeste55
Msg: 108
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 3/13/2007 2:55:17 AM
It depends on what you would call true love.If your referring to till death do us part, his and her towels, breakfast in bed, knight in shining armour love, then no.Thats called the honey moon phase, and it lasts anywhere from 3 months to about a year and the reality slaps you in the face. Life is too short and I'm beyond sorry for what your x-husband has done to you, but I commend you for getting back out there with a glimmer of hope. Your husband wasn't getting something from your relationship, and it wasn't just sex, you may not know and he may not even be able to explain. But maybe you need to go back and and re-examine why he cheated, not saying it is your fault by any means!!!!!I think a huge problem with today is that cheating has become so frequent and desentisizing, it's almost acceptable.And the fact you put up with it twice lets him know that he can get away with it. The quote"once a cheater, always a cheater" applies here. We all want to believe that someone will love us enough to never ever even think about cheating, but it's like telling a kid he can't put his hand in the cookie jar, it's too tempting. True love to me, is sticking by someone no matter what and working it through, with a few exceptions of course. It's just too easy to give up and look elsewhere. True love may exist, but I have yet to see it. With the moral decay of society, chivarly may just be a thing of the past.
 Celeste55
Msg: 109
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 3/13/2007 3:02:24 AM
oh and to jaymann, us woman get the sh#$*y side of the stick too. Any of us that aren't skinny enough, or smart enough, or witty enough, or tall or short or blonde or..............................The list goes on!!!!!We are much more likely to settle than guys because we are much more able to see through exteriors, due to our talent at communication. I speak for all women when I say I'd rather be with someone who really "gets" me in comparison to some handsome buff guy.
 jayyman74
Msg: 110
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 3/13/2007 3:16:43 AM
Hey, Celeste. No, your right, I was just speaking on behalf of the average guy is all.
 .Marc
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 3/13/2007 4:10:01 AM
I fit the aforementioned"average guy" description.

I'm also a huge dork, a romantic, and have a very strange sense of humor. (All of this should have been obvious for those of you that have been playing along at home )

Anyhow, while the "average guy" traits don't seem to be a problem, and the "romantic descriptor seems to be helpful, the strange sense of humor and the dorkiness make it somewhat difficult to get out of the initial "What the hell is wrong with you!?" period of meeting someone.

Still, the fact that I've had at least a small share of people that were interested in me shows that I am not "undate-able."

"Average guys," dorks, and unbelievers everywhere, remember: many, many women are romantics at heart. If you've gotten them on more than two or three dates, they WANT to fall in love with you. It's all a matter of opening up, both of you deciding if the match works, and letting them. (I could be totally off base, but that's my experience.)

Also, for those who are totally in doubt as to their date-ability: I read a story recently about a snake-charming tattoo artist who found her match in a fire eater who also stuck silverware up his nose. (The spoons from Waffle House were, apparently, his favorite.) If two such people exist and are capable of meeting each other and falling in love, there is hope for us all.
 Hot Buttered Soul
Msg: 112
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 3/13/2007 1:12:33 PM
Not unconditional love. we have as a society learned to over analyze everything from our pets to work, to friends, to our childhood, to our parents, our children.. and the list can go on and on.

as liberal and non judgemental as people say.. we are as a society becoming more judgemental all the time.
 tb61
Msg: 113
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 3/13/2007 1:41:21 PM
Depends how you view true love... i think love is blind and true love is the love you feel with you're eyes wide open (and your heart wide open too)
 Trulio
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 3/14/2007 12:12:37 AM
Love is true love went it is unconditional, love is not unconditional went it is preferential.

Actually love is not a feeling. Love instead is an act. Of course there are different types of love ...

"Love does not bend with the remover to remove,
love is an ever fixed mark
for every wandering bark
no matter its height be taken....love does not alter when in alteration finds."

Sort of.....that was a sonnet from shakespeare proving that love is a constant 'acting for others and self'...habit though is quality, so that love acts to perservere against all obstacles.
 Trulio
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 3/14/2007 12:22:48 AM
What acts to perserve is something else. I think this is what I would call intentional. In that respect purity of heart is to will one thing, often the fulfillment of the longing of another or others, without any more reward than to see results of the fulfilling.

That could be anything as long as it is done with joy and is without expectation of personal rewards, or getting something in return, which is useful in trading, but would be a form of preferential love.

The will itself is also called intention as long as it guided by dreams, and visions, but I dont mean visions of things that do not exist, but of something that is willed into being, say an appreciation or a revealing or discovery....

Those with high levels of curiosity can be found in the most unusual places....

"Nothing can destroy the soul of sweet delight" Blake, William
 One Betrayed Angel
Msg: 116
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 3/14/2007 7:26:43 AM
Yes, I wonder. Time after time after friggin time, I am approached by men that just wanna get it on. I don't WANT that. I want a partner for LIFE, not AIDS for life for god's sakes. And, I'm a lady as well.
And congrats to you for leaving the cheating bast&rd! Thats why I am here again. Life is way too short to spend it on ANYONE who treats you less than a REAL angel.
 opgirl
Msg: 117
Re: Does True love Exist?
Posted: 3/14/2007 7:46:34 AM
I do believe true love exists. But the only problem with that is that I've truely loved men who never loved me. So yes it exists. Will you find happiness with it? That's anyones guess.
 gonzofanmel
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 3/14/2007 11:02:56 AM
True love?? In what sense? In that whole Valentines and roses, fairy-tale, happily ever after sense? If that's the case, then I'd have to say no. I believe in REAL love---the kind that grows with time, but also requires work and effort. Most people nowadays just aren't willing to make the effort to make love last.

Personally, I feel completely cheated by the idea of "true love" because of growing up and watching "The Princess Bride." I'm still waiting for the guy who says "As You Wish."
(Although personally, I always loved the other guy more--"Hello, My name is Inigo Montoya...")

madameBlue
Msg: 119
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 3/14/2007 1:53:40 PM
Love, true Love does exist! The only problem with true love is that it is a very rare commodity and doesn't just happen to every one just because they want it to happen.
true love survives all the horrible nightmares that reality can provide,but more importantly, true love can survive the good times, the easy times and the endless boring times.
If at the end of your life you and your partner can truely look at each other and still love each other,then you have my admiration for you are one of the favoured few who have found true love.
Love happens in spite of, not because of.!!!
 Hot Buttered Soul
Msg: 120
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 3/14/2007 2:02:55 PM
What is true love? I dont think most people know.. its co conditonal... i think they have an idea in their head... but lord knows nothing can compare to it. The fantasy and reality are 2 different things.
 Freaky Bald Guy
Msg: 121
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 3/14/2007 2:10:40 PM
yes those qualities do exist...they are just rare and really hard to find.
 NannieKate
Msg: 122
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 3/14/2007 2:24:26 PM

Does True love Exist?

Yes.
 Trulio
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2007 9:41:47 PM
love comes in all forms

if the shoe fits

wear it

if it hurts

find another

so I went to the shoe wharehouse

to get sandals

they were discounted

in the end

my son also received a pair of really neat runners

one simple strap of velco

in the end it is not what you give it is

what you receive

neither of us now has to deal

with laces

chao

the renovator
 Trulio
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2007 9:43:12 PM
I love my sandals

cuz renovators need em
 nottheaveragejane
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2007 10:30:20 PM
True love does exist, honestly I think it's harder in this era simply because everyone is always so busy, rushing from A to B to C...True love in my opinion can only (or close to only)be shared by true friends that are opened and honest from day 1 with each other and grow together. I have seen this with my own 2 eyes, this couple had been married for 30+ years they were as much in love after that many years as they were when they first met. I was really in awe to see them interact together, the husband became ill shortly after I met them and still each day you could still see the twinkle in their eyes. He would sing to her for no reason (and they were love songs to boot!), they would hold hands when ever possible, I've heard more "I Love You's" coming from both of them than anywhere else. One day after knowing them for a while I asked them about it, their answer was to always keep love fresh, always treat the day as if it was your last and no matter what never ever go to bed angry at each other. With his very last breath ( I was there) he said Lois I love you,,then faded. If that wasn't true love then I don't know what is!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Does True love Exist?