Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Does True love Exist?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ryanisthecab;eguy
Msg: 151
Does True love Exist?Page 7 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
well if u find true love tell me how to find it lol i have been tring for 2 years now allmost 3
 _ZEPHYR_
Msg: 152
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 6/24/2007 11:49:45 AM

All I want is someone who is loving, compassionate, and caring. And most of all honest. does these qualities exist anymore? I wonder, do you?

i was married 16 years.... ive been single 4...
sometimes i wonder if i will find true love in this life time.... but i have realized the more people i meet and the more i date, it seems i run into a better guy than the last one....
so i do have some faith left.... i think we need to meet as many people as we can, learn lessons, use those lessons to weed out the ones who don't want the same things, learn the games, (it's bs right?...i hate games!) we have to put ourselves out there, try and be positive and confident, and always do things for ourselves to make us feel good!
and have you noticed when you shine on the inside, people really do notice, you become more attractive!!

it's not easy out there.... men (more than women) of all ages only want sex... i dont get it... it's so much better when you feel something in the heart and mind!

i always say... dont give up or hide away from the world because of a few dumb guys! =)
 sweetguy1962
Msg: 153
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 7/23/2007 6:29:05 PM
I think true love does exist, just fading fast with the new generation.
 Knightless
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 7/23/2007 8:32:50 PM
Yes...there is definately true love...
 Sandman 67
Msg: 155
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 7/23/2007 8:52:01 PM
True Love is real. I have experienced It once, I was young,and had no Idea I was in True love at the time.
With age comes experience and it is a catch 22 experience. As you get older,True love means more than pure feelings. It is a complete package, stability, connection, looks and education are just as important as pure feelings.
 wholovesunshine
Msg: 156
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 8/17/2007 10:10:03 PM
True love exist definitely, I found them from my parents. For me, I enjoy the love in me and happy together with the one, but when the feelings has gone, we just can give up and move on.
 Realist59
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 8/17/2007 11:22:25 PM
Of course it exists! There are about a gajillion true love pairings going on right now all over the world. Just because we may not be experiencing it right now doesn't mean it isn't happening. The world is full of true love - it's everywhere!!
 bathurstfish
Msg: 158
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 8/18/2007 2:50:36 AM
i believe it does exist. but its hard to find or obtain. thoses who have it or found it should be the richest people on earth.
 VeddiVeddiVixxen
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 8/18/2007 3:04:01 AM
Yes. But not always to one person forever. You can love different people for different reasons, at different stages in your life. Open your heart and your mind & live your life. :)
 Chainlink
Msg: 160
Re: Does True love Exist?
Posted: 8/18/2007 3:38:33 AM
Of course it does!! Havn't you seen the princess bride? Pshhhh
 Artistee
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2007 7:10:20 AM
There's a thread similar to this one lurking about....

Does true love exist? Only in a fairy tale...

Great times we're livin' in...ain't they?
 JT19822
Msg: 162
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 9/4/2007 7:18:52 PM
I do believe true love does exist. It is just a matter of finding the rite one. Love is a strong word to use and should only be said if you truly care for the person your with. Eventually you will find your soul mate. Take your time, live life to the fullest, go out and meet new people. When your time comes you will know the feeling :-)
 Metaphor365
Msg: 163
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 9/4/2007 7:27:21 PM
OP, it truly exists if you truly know what you're looking for. After that, it truly exists if you and the person you're with truly believe in it. The problem seems to be that people don't believe in it enough for it to become reality. I say this from experience; I know I'm 18 what experience can I possibly have right? But that's the most honest answer I can give, and really I believed that even before experienced proved it.
 dixichyc9
Msg: 164
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 9/5/2007 8:01:09 AM
Does love exist? Sure. True love? I would love to crawl inside my 18 year old self again and say it did but I really honestly dont believe it does. In my opinion, love isnt what keeps people together. Hard work does. Does the willingness to work hard sprout from love? Sure, it can. It seems like no one is willing to work hard anymore..
 EligibleRespelled
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 9/5/2007 8:41:55 AM

I caught him cheating for the third time in our marriage and decided, life was too short to live like this. So. I divorced him and the dating scene sucks!

I have your answer and will be glad to share it with u privately.
 tender moments
Msg: 166
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 9/5/2007 9:15:43 AM
don't give up OP!!!
True Love does exist! Stick to your guns and don't give up. Don't let anyone take that from you. There are plenty of men out there that want the same. You just have to find him.

Good Luck to you... and everyone else that truly believes in Love!!!
 RayJoeCool
Msg: 167
Posted: 9/5/2007 6:15:55 PM
"True Love" is played out nobody is perfect. I think 1 or the other, or both people give up before the love between the 2 is fully developed. Physical, visually, emotional, mental, and loving from the heart got to be present. Love sometimes on a 1 way freeway, 1 is coming from the other direction, and then crash. After the crash we think it's love .
 EligibleRespelled
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 9/5/2007 7:24:13 PM
Untrue love is falsely so-called.

And, behold, (there came) a voice unto him, and said, What do you here, Eliau?
14 And he said, I have been very jealous for iaua potentates of hosts: because the children of israel have forsaken your covenant, thrown down your altars, and slain your prophets with the sword; and I, (even) I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away.
15 And iaua said unto him, Go, return on your way to the wilderness of Damascus: ...18 Yet I have left (me) seven thousand in israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto baal, and every mouth which has not kissed him.

i'm gonna say it exists - the word means uplift.
 morwa
Msg: 169
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 9/6/2007 12:52:31 AM
Of course it exists. It's just not easy to find.
 seitzer
Msg: 170
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 9/6/2007 1:14:22 AM
hi sweetie
i really appreciate what u think about true love so it's not a lot to find from men at this time too same thing for women too
then i can say that's the same thing im here now for a good one who know hw to treat a man and spoilled his man really good too with all his heart and be honest and full respect too.
so i've been hurt so badly from my gf and decide tostay alone since 7 and half yrs no gf no date no women for friend too bcz she was make me hate women and keep myself safe to not beging a gay lol so right now i decide to found a good one now too then im still looking with patiente too and full careless
 poly_pal
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 9/6/2007 7:58:13 AM
QueenofCups1,

Do you think that love was meant to last forever? Love based on physical attraction and infatuation was designed primarily to lead to procreation and propagation of the species. Formal coupling was institutionalized, primarily by church elders, to ensure that infants were cared for and to provide the basic framework for sharing of marital assets, although the wife was often considered one of them.

2000 years ago one was married in the early teenage years and life expectency was about age 30. Is it realistic to expect love to last 40-50 years now?

Anthropologists today have discovered that human females have an instinct to have a new mate every 4 years, that we have a biological need for diversity. Do you think that we can deny our inherent design forever?

That is not to say that love can not blossom in long-term relationships and continue to grow.

Those couples that are true companions and best friends can experience love borne of mutual respect, honesty and admiration and can experience an ever deepening love that many of us probably do not get a chance to experience. Perhaps intimate love fades, but other levels of love can continue to flourish.

Another factor is that so few people are unable to give love unconditionally, or without expectation of something in return, or recognition. Couples lose the friendship and respect aspect of their relationship quickly when dwelling on trivial things, having to be right, putting their partner down and scapegoating because of their own insecurities, frustrations with life, or they are in a rut.

Steven Covey reminds us in his writing that people think that love is only a feeling, but it is an action verb in itself, requiring deliberate actions on our part to give to our partner. If we give to our partners continually, perhaps love would have more chance to sustain itself.

Perhaps that way of thinking is something to remember for unconditional love to exist ? Is this the real form of "true love", and even if it is not returned to you, is there any excuse for any one of us not to continually give it to those around us?

EligibleRespelled
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 9/6/2007 9:19:29 AM

Anthropologists today have discovered that human females have an instinct to have a new mate every 4 years, that we have a biological need for diversity. Do you think that we can deny our inherent design forever?

I am reminded of the original sin. Why? something like this:

Satan: "Has messiah (who moses claimed would have the word of the father in his mouth - to which he himself admitted when he said, " For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak."Iaun12:49,50 ) , has he told you that the father has informed him that from the beginning it was not so that men put away their wives and except for it being for fornication that she's put away, he's causing her to commit adultery and whosoever marries her that's put away commits adultery, and whosoever shall put away his wife and marry another commits adultery, and if a woman shall put away her husband and marry another, she commits adultery.
surely it couldn't have been that way from the beginning because that would contradict what anthropologists have discovered lately, that the way women are created is to have a natural instinct to switch customers every four years and this fact would obviously allege that the heavenly father intentionally created women to have a natural instinct to sin, and we know that according to Iames, he tempts no man, so he couldn't have directed his only begotten son to give these "one husband" messages - after all - who you gonna believe - the man who is ordained to judge all things at the white thrown or a group of phucking anthropologists - and before you answer - remember that the messiah didn't have one single university certificate on his wall.
so take this apple and eat it darlin - that's better - now go feed it to your husband."
 poly_pal
Msg: 173
view profile
History
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 9/6/2007 9:49:01 AM
At the time of the bible, the word adultery only referred to stealing another man's wife, considered property. It was not saying anything about monogamy or faithfulness. It was socially acceptable for married men to be with single ladies or concubines.
 livenow99
Msg: 174
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 9/6/2007 9:59:04 AM
These qualities definitely exist. I met someone on this site who has those qualities the OP listed. Is it true love? - only time will tell, but thus far the qualities are there.
 EligibleRespelled
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 9/6/2007 10:09:02 AM

At the time of the bible, the word adultery only referred to stealing another man's wife, considered property. It was not saying anything about monogamy or faithfulness. It was socially acceptable for married men to be with single ladies or concubines.

There has never been a prophet accepting of the idea of a woman having relations with 2 different men, both still living, except moses and his divorcement writs, which wasn't so from the beginning and merely done because of the hardness of the hearts of the nation of israel (Even those who presume that certain opinions of paul make that possible can be involve in wonderful difficulties - and he wasn't prophesying, neither do we have record of the questions that he was responding to!).
check mate.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Does True love Exist?