Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Does True love Exist?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JT19822
Msg: 124
Does True love Exist?Page 7 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
I do believe true love does exist. It is just a matter of finding the rite one. Love is a strong word to use and should only be said if you truly care for the person your with. Eventually you will find your soul mate. Take your time, live life to the fullest, go out and meet new people. When your time comes you will know the feeling :-)
 Metaphor365
Msg: 125
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 9/4/2007 7:27:21 PM
OP, it truly exists if you truly know what you're looking for. After that, it truly exists if you and the person you're with truly believe in it. The problem seems to be that people don't believe in it enough for it to become reality. I say this from experience; I know I'm 18 what experience can I possibly have right? But that's the most honest answer I can give, and really I believed that even before experienced proved it.
 dixichyc9
Msg: 126
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 9/5/2007 8:01:09 AM
Does love exist? Sure. True love? I would love to crawl inside my 18 year old self again and say it did but I really honestly dont believe it does. In my opinion, love isnt what keeps people together. Hard work does. Does the willingness to work hard sprout from love? Sure, it can. It seems like no one is willing to work hard anymore..
 tender moments
Msg: 127
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 9/5/2007 9:15:43 AM
don't give up OP!!!
True Love does exist! Stick to your guns and don't give up. Don't let anyone take that from you. There are plenty of men out there that want the same. You just have to find him.

Good Luck to you... and everyone else that truly believes in Love!!!
 RayJoeCool
Msg: 128
Re: Does True love Exist?
Posted: 9/5/2007 6:15:55 PM
"True Love" is played out nobody is perfect. I think 1 or the other, or both people give up before the love between the 2 is fully developed. Physical, visually, emotional, mental, and loving from the heart got to be present. Love sometimes on a 1 way freeway, 1 is coming from the other direction, and then crash. After the crash we think it's love .
 morwa
Msg: 129
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 9/6/2007 12:52:31 AM
Of course it exists. It's just not easy to find.
 seitzer
Msg: 130
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 9/6/2007 1:14:22 AM
hi sweetie
i really appreciate what u think about true love so it's not a lot to find from men at this time too same thing for women too
then i can say that's the same thing im here now for a good one who know hw to treat a man and spoilled his man really good too with all his heart and be honest and full respect too.
so i've been hurt so badly from my gf and decide tostay alone since 7 and half yrs no gf no date no women for friend too bcz she was make me hate women and keep myself safe to not beging a gay lol so right now i decide to found a good one now too then im still looking with patiente too and full careless
 poly_pal
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 9/6/2007 7:58:13 AM
QueenofCups1,

Do you think that love was meant to last forever? Love based on physical attraction and infatuation was designed primarily to lead to procreation and propagation of the species. Formal coupling was institutionalized, primarily by church elders, to ensure that infants were cared for and to provide the basic framework for sharing of marital assets, although the wife was often considered one of them.

2000 years ago one was married in the early teenage years and life expectency was about age 30. Is it realistic to expect love to last 40-50 years now?

Anthropologists today have discovered that human females have an instinct to have a new mate every 4 years, that we have a biological need for diversity. Do you think that we can deny our inherent design forever?

That is not to say that love can not blossom in long-term relationships and continue to grow.

Those couples that are true companions and best friends can experience love borne of mutual respect, honesty and admiration and can experience an ever deepening love that many of us probably do not get a chance to experience. Perhaps intimate love fades, but other levels of love can continue to flourish.

Another factor is that so few people are unable to give love unconditionally, or without expectation of something in return, or recognition. Couples lose the friendship and respect aspect of their relationship quickly when dwelling on trivial things, having to be right, putting their partner down and scapegoating because of their own insecurities, frustrations with life, or they are in a rut.

Steven Covey reminds us in his writing that people think that love is only a feeling, but it is an action verb in itself, requiring deliberate actions on our part to give to our partner. If we give to our partners continually, perhaps love would have more chance to sustain itself.

Perhaps that way of thinking is something to remember for unconditional love to exist ? Is this the real form of "true love", and even if it is not returned to you, is there any excuse for any one of us not to continually give it to those around us?

poly_pal
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 9/6/2007 9:49:01 AM
At the time of the bible, the word adultery only referred to stealing another man's wife, considered property. It was not saying anything about monogamy or faithfulness. It was socially acceptable for married men to be with single ladies or concubines.
 livenow99
Msg: 133
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 9/6/2007 9:59:04 AM
These qualities definitely exist. I met someone on this site who has those qualities the OP listed. Is it true love? - only time will tell, but thus far the qualities are there.
 poly_pal
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 9/6/2007 12:15:39 PM
Now you are talking about a double standard aren't you. Since women were property, they would not have been granted the same rights as men.

What I said was that a man could be with more than one woman.

The point of my post was that one should not always put so much weight on a tainted document like the bible, tainted because man got his grubby hands in there to add his own personal agendas.
 NatGoat
Msg: 135
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 9/6/2007 12:19:12 PM
I sure HOPE So . . !!
{I know that it found Me _Once_ already_ . . !!
. . I only hope that I'm allowed Another chance . . !!!}
. . .. .. ..!!..
 Lixiette
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 9/6/2007 10:39:04 PM

All I want is someone who is loving, compassionate, and caring. And most of all honest. does these qualities exist anymore? I wonder, do you?

Definitely yes. I know where you're coming from. I always thought I was a good judge of character--until after high school Boys treated me respectfully in high school. When they liked me, they respected me as well, mostly because there was friendship there first. But college is an entirely different thing. People (boys and girls) generally only wanted to ****, never to talk, or socialize. Suddenly my "worth" was judged by how fast I would drop my pants for a guy. I didn't have any of it.

My only relationships were ever with guys who respected me and cared... and it also helped that they were bad liars.

True love exists, but you should be on the guard. If you know that you have good intentions, then you should do the chasing. Don't wait for a good man to find you--find a good man. A hint from an inexperienced dater--good guys aren't on the market. They're usually taken, or they're hiding in leisure activities.

Start hanging out with a guy friend more often. Check out his ball games with his friends. Crash one of his poker games. Don't over-do it or you'll be a tag-along. Basically, don't push so hard for a date--meet someone and establish a good friendship first.
 Im_Fun_4U
Msg: 137
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 11/22/2007 5:29:20 AM
" True Love Is Seen Through The Heart Not Through The Eyes"
 fouthempire
Msg: 138
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 11/22/2007 6:46:03 AM
Yes true love exists.
But you gotta stop looking outward for it. I know that true love exists, because, well... I'm true love. I know that sounds weird. But as I see it, true love starts with one's self. Meaning, you're not gonna find true love through a man. You're gonna find it in your own heart, your own passions and emotions that exists whether a man is there or not.

Example, I'm in love right this moment. And the first question is always 'who am I in love with?'. And that's the wrong question. Love/being in love/true love exists not as something you project upon someone else, it's something you are. It exits on it's own within my heart, it doesn't need someone for it to be alive.

If you want true love, start by looking within yourself and know all the love you'll ever have,share, cherish is alive within you right this moment. Not looking for a man to create what's already there.

Bonne Chance
 40andwiser
Msg: 139
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 11/22/2007 8:43:40 AM
It does.

I've enjoyed it.
 TensawEagle1
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 11/22/2007 7:13:03 PM
Interesting thread however I think it's been done before.

That being said, (Most) everyone is looking for a human to compliment them.

But, in my humble opinion there is only One source of true love, and that is from God!

Who, alone can hold that title, for that is what He is. We as humans can only feebly try to emulate this love...

Rick Tensaw Eagle
 kellywi46
Msg: 141
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 11/22/2007 7:43:23 PM
Hi sweetie,

Keep up your standards, I have met many men that are not into one night stands but, for one reason or another is was not right for me . Keep looking he is out there
 *angel_smile*
Msg: 142
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 11/22/2007 8:23:31 PM
Hmmm.. I still wonder.
 romance and laughter
Msg: 143
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 11/23/2007 5:11:30 AM
i know true love exist- my friend has been HAPPILY married for 36 years. They act like they just fell in love, always touching and kissing each other. Her husband still calls her every day from work,they go places together, like you do when dating.
She has never had sex with anyone but her husband, high school sweathearts.
'both' of them are respectful and supportive of each other and to family members.
I' guess true love can mean something different to us= i've been in love, and KNOW i was loved back,but like alot of relationships, one stops TRYING and just takes the relationship for granted after time, all the things you were attracted to, seem to fade away and you find yourself staying for 'memories' how things use to be-was why my relationship didnt last, but i have NO doubts he loved me and also regretted the break-up, and at least he owned up to being responsible for things not working out-women had broke up with him for the same reasons. I broke up with him 15 years ago and still have not found love since, but i believe in true love and hoping to find it-one that lasts
and a man who knows a HAPPY life time relationship cant survive on a few good years of showing loving and a desire to be with you- memories are just that= memories- ! you need to keep showing each other you love them and keep the romance and support alive.
 romance and laughter
Msg: 144
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 11/23/2007 5:27:43 AM
amen rick! God 'is'' love and nobody can love like God can- i ' try' to love like he does, fall short tooo many times, but i keep trying to be christ like-i'm a work in progress. I needed to read this 'today'. i have a co-worker who i'm finding a 'big'' challenge to show christ like love to-he is ''extremely rude and obnoxious 'all day= every day, doesnt have a kind word to say,foul mouth that is 'really bad'. God is convicting me and i'm 'hoping'' to be more christ like to him. True love can mean many things, but for me true love means to try to love like christ does ALL of us. Thank you rick for your post, instead of dreading another day with this co-worker, i will try to remember MY purpose in life, and obey Gods biggest commandment-to love one another! I 'have' to remember ALOT of the people who seem to deserve love the least, are the ones who need it the most! thank you RICK! and you toooooo GOD!
 minnesotapromise
Msg: 145
Re: Does True love Exist?
Posted: 11/27/2007 6:07:56 PM
That's a pretty fair comment from downforit2007. Attraction is probably related to lust. And true love is the wonderful feeling that makes you want to spend forever with another person. I am also a hopeless 'romantic', have tasted true love & want it again. Hence the continual search.
 sanddallor
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 1/15/2009 9:22:51 PM
Does the sun rise in the East and set in the West? Of course not, we all know that it's an illusion of the earth rotating on an axis. But, that doesn't stop us from romantacizing it.

Seeing the cup as half empty doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the heart of romantics.
 flexei
Msg: 147
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 1/15/2009 9:57:53 PM
every sexualy relationship starts as a one night stand, and stays that way till they come back for the second night.
 EvilLolli
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 1/15/2009 10:06:19 PM
Yep, it does, just unfortunately not for every one. Have known several couples still madly in love after many years (20-66). It exists, I just don't think many people realize it, work for it, or appreciate it when they have it.

Will it happen for you or me? ehh Who can say? But I am still hopeful it will.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Does True love Exist?