Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rhinestonesky
Msg: 177
People who hate cats -- why?Page 11 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
I'm very allergic but I love cats. A couple of the posts were disturbing. I've worked in animal rescue and a lot of people won't take black cats. They are often hurt.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 178
view profile
History
People who hate cats -- why?
Posted: 6/16/2015 4:29:04 PM

I'm very allergic but I love cats. A couple of the posts were disturbing. I've worked in animal rescue and a lot of people won't take black cats. They are often hurt.

Yep yep and Halloween is a BAD day for them. Because of this me and my wife ONLY took black cats into our home( i took one i rescued on my block int my home in april).

But we helped found and fund a successful animal rescue group and shelter that takes in cats and does TNR with others. The black ones are the hardest to get rid of. The area is mostly Jewish and Russian and the Jews tend to fear the black cats. I see them actually crossing the street when one walks in front of them.

To us they were our little mini panthers!
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 179
Posted: 6/16/2015 4:41:21 PM
My cat's kind of an a-hole, so I can understand why.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 180
Posted: 6/16/2015 4:57:56 PM

I see them actually crossing the street when one walks in front of them.

Joe, back in the 70's I had a few old partners who started in the late 40's early 50's that if a black cat crossed the road they would draw an x on the windshield, stopped and went another way. They believed in some bad mojo if you kept going.
 renarebe
Msg: 181
Posted: 7/18/2016 7:48:07 AM
Ones who are jealous of pets have unhealthy, over neediness issues. Is one, supposed to get jealous over ones interest in football games or doing their nails?/Its insane.If not jealous of the cat, it will be something, else..ALWAYS.. All that is in a home, needs tending and attention. If a pet brings one joy, be glad joy is not needed by violence or something. Be an adult and take care of your needs, not overdependent, toxic, draining and selfish. People need their own space in a relationship, not unhealthy codependence. Being jealous of anything is a serious ted flag. Hope this helps.
 cooldog65
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2016 9:52:16 AM
Cats are cool. On the other hand, I hate the yappy purse dogs with their stupid outfits.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 183
Posted: 7/18/2016 10:02:36 AM
Like dogs, cats have very poor boundaries. They lick my feet. Not only does this make me want to snap, but it's unwanted touching. If a human did this and it wasn't consentual, he/she would end up with a criminal record.
 daynadaze
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2016 5:03:45 PM
All cats lick your feet? Stop using that catnip foot cream!
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 185
Posted: 7/18/2016 8:43:37 PM
^ Sigh... Silly lady. Of course not ALL cats lick my feet. I'm rarely around cats. Truth be told, I can only recall one for certain - it had evidently moved on to my deck, and would not go away.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >