Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 adventurer001
Msg: 119
view profile
History
People who hate cats -- why?Page 3 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
I didn't used to like cats very much...............but after finding some really good recipes........much better now
 lagoda
Msg: 120
People who hate cats -- why?
Posted: 4/26/2012 1:34:02 AM
Do you prefer a soup or casserole?
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2012 1:31:43 PM
Nah...I am a cat lover....always have been, always will be.

I have family members who insult me because of it, but then I insult them because they love to gamble, drink, or otherwise act like ***holes....
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 122
Posted: 5/17/2012 2:51:44 PM

And no matter how bad of a day I have had, when I come through the door my dog thinks I'm the best thing EVER! You can keep your cats

confucious say: man who do not like cats get no pu$$y...
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 123
Posted: 5/17/2012 3:03:12 PM

From what I understand it is more about the texture and not so much the taste.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 124
Posted: 5/17/2012 4:28:34 PM
Yeah, what's up with all these cat haters?
LOL

On a side note, Napoleon was terrified of cats.
I don't know why.
 theforumfiend
Msg: 125
Posted: 5/17/2012 7:45:47 PM

I dislike cats...always have
When you're sleeping they climb up on your chest and suck the life out of you.
They are Pure evil.

There you go ago PH. I'm shipping you a cat. Bwahahahah.
 balrog67
Msg: 126
Posted: 5/17/2012 8:20:59 PM
Long ago cats were revered as Gods.

Cats have never forgotten this.....
 matchlight
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2012 12:21:24 PM

I think it is their independence. They can appear stubborn, maybe even rude to a non- cat lover.

I think they have a very keen sense of whether people are likely to be a threat to them. If they sense that, they won't come up to a person. But when they're at ease, they can be very friendly and affectionate.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2012 3:19:57 PM
I had cats for the first 40 years of my life. The first one I captured in the loft of the chicken coop, while young, it was exceedingly scrappy, an excellent mouser, climber, and she was a prolific breeder of large offspring sought after several litters in advance. The males would generally grow to the 20-25 pound range and were prized for their predation of rodents. I had one of her kids for 10 years that was a 25 pounder, intimidating strangers that came in and sat down, only to have him come around the corner and leap into their laps. We often joked..."you better pet him or he will shred you".

The next cats tended to be more moderately sized, usually neutered males that did fine at rodent control but tended to be ambivalent or lazy about birds. We had bird feeders and a barn full of swallows that I dearly appreciated for their skeeter control purposes...we had ponds. A young female wandered into our lives at the near end of my time on that farm and she proceeded to be the most prolific bird killing machine I had ever seen. She killed 3 indigo buntings one day as well as many others left laying around from a number of species. I sought her out and she was in the barn, crawling upside down along a beam toward the baby swallows. I swatted her down in a bit of a rage. I was a rather avid hackey sack affectionado then, and automatically threw my foot out to try to break her fall, instead breaking her leg. Yes, I felt guilty and paid the hundred bucks to put a cast on it, thinking it would slow down her bird killing ways for awhile . Alas, she fell prey to another predator just as her cast got off, and I vowed to never have a female cat again. Then the Earthpuppy came into my life, ake Babe the dog who was not a cat person, and I have been cat free since, enjoying not having fleas, hair, and litter box smells...and not sneezing.

Domestic cats account for 500,000,000 bird deaths annually according to the American Bird Conservancy. While there is no shortage of cats, our birds are under severe threats of continued existence.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/21/science/21birds.html

I don't hate cats, and still apprecite them as the pets of others, but spaying and neutering is a must, and I don't appreciate them in my habitat. The black rat snake does rodent control, the sounds of birds are joyful, and numerous species of skinks, chameleons, and lizards amuse me mightily. Sights and sounds that would be diminshed with cats in the woods.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 129
Posted: 5/18/2012 3:43:25 PM

Domestic cats account for 500,000,000 bird deaths annually according to the American Bird Conservancy. While there is no shortage of cats, our birds are under severe threats of continued existence.

The largest killer of birds is cause by the degradation of habit due to human development.

Next to that would be building / window strikes and some people say 100million others say it is closer to a billion.

So cats, meh small potatoes.

All living things (with the exception of us to some extent) suffer extremely high mortality rates and that is by design.

With regards to nature, a hands off approach is the best approach.

When I see someone go out of their way to save a animal that "Your not helping" phrase always pops into my head. Not saying do not do it because that would be deny a feeling to help, but do not think you are actually helping the bigger picture.

Cats will kill birds and in return those birds left will just have more offspring as the share of food just increased for them.

Some will go extinct just like the some 98% of every living thing that has ever existed.

The only things that last forever are guilt and hate.

junipermoon
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2012 6:30:52 PM

Domestic cats account for 500,000,000 bird deaths annually
according to the American Bird Conservancy.

kind of ironic, then, that i named my present cat 'sibley,' after the noted ornithologist,
david allen sibley.

sibley (the cat, that is) stays indoors, as he has fiv. so he has no impact whatsoever on
the songbird population. occasionally he'll watch them through the window, but he gets
bored pretty quickly. he'd rather have catnip.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2012 7:21:30 PM
Yup, certain individuals do indeed hate cats. When I was a kid I had a dog that could'nt stand 'em....
And on Nat'l Geographic I saw an episode about how Lions and Hyenas were mortal enemies.
I bet mice are'nt too crazy about cats either, come to mention it.

Looks to me though, in the vast scheme of things that cats are'nt fairing all that bad. Haters never win in the end.
 theforumfiend
Msg: 132
Posted: 5/18/2012 9:19:26 PM
So now I have to tell about how the dumb cat was laying in the back yard and a bird landed right between her paws and stared at her. It took her almost a minute to react. Finally she slammed her paw on it grabbed it and ran off. Can't blame the cat if the bird is suicidal.

If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes...
 junipermoon
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2012 5:21:37 AM
if i thought for one second that cats would kill starlings, i'd initiate a program to populate
the neighborhood with cats.

but, from what i've observed over the years, even cats won't go after starlings. damn airborne rats.
 theforumfiend
Msg: 134
Posted: 5/19/2012 8:11:47 PM
Junipermoon, if it makes you feel any better the suicidal bird was a starling.
 missmaddy
Msg: 135
Posted: 5/20/2012 6:37:30 AM
i love all animals, but cats in particular. but not just domesticated, i love big cats too and have always been fascinated by them. my whole life i have always had at least one. now i have 2! something about them comforts me. they seem to know when im sad, happy or just wanna snuggle. they are always waitng for me when i get home and i miss them when im gone. sheesh, i sound like a crazy cat lady. lol
 DrSpunkwater
Msg: 136
Posted: 6/7/2013 6:30:18 AM

First off, who is ya'll? I am one person.

I reckon someone who can't differentiate between "tacks" and "tax" has no business correcting someone on their grammar.

It doesn't take to much cojones to stand up to someone who talks like Jar-Jar Binks.

"Methinks" is Shakespearean. Read a book, guy.
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2015 4:13:21 PM
I let anyone who is interested in me that I have two kitties, and cats have been a part of my life since I was four years old. If they are allergic, I understand. If they tell me "why I hate cat horror stories", I invite them to meet mine (if they can find them....they'll run and hide), and explain why the cat that you hated so much did what it did.

But if anyone demands that I throw my "inside only" kitties out of the house, or give them up....well, I KNOW we are not a match.

No harm, no foul. What I don't get is the bashing of people who love cats. "What's it to ya", if their cats are not bothering you in any way? More "control freak" issues, perhaps?
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 138
Posted: 3/21/2015 6:26:02 PM

The largest killer of birds is cause by the degradation of habit due to human development.

Just yesterday (or thursday?) I was watching Nature on cbc, it was on songbirds. While they did talk about "cat-killers", they were also at some of the marsh lands in manitoba and ontario talking about just that; the even greater problem of the disappearance of the wetlands, and thus the insects that live in them...major major food supply.

My cat liked the show too, especially the slow motion birds in flight.
 aj7125
Msg: 139
Posted: 3/21/2015 6:32:04 PM
Blacklady, great post. I am allergic to cats and like you said, understood. And I totally understand that people who have cats, if someone else doesn't, see ya! Pretty simple stuff. Hating an animal that someone else cares for says enough.
 daynadaze
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2015 10:51:15 PM
We have bird feeders and a bird bath, it's great Kitty entertainment, they are pressed against the windows watching them. I would never let the cats out to hunt the birds. They don't need to eat birds or hunt them. One thing I really like about cats is that they don't bark like the sky is falling every time someone walks by.

When I hear people make nasty old cat lady jokes or talk about killing cats or other such infantile comments, I just consider the source and let it fall into Suck To Be You category.

Sadie likes to watch TV, I was watching a show about raccoons the other night then the next show was about foxes, she watched almost all of both of them.
 Ainen
Msg: 141
Posted: 3/22/2015 9:03:55 AM
Domestic cats murder more birds (and lizards and other creatures) than unfed feral cats do because domestic cats have huge reserves of energy from eating cat food and sleeping at home. They kill not to eat, but because they're bullies who torture and murder creatures for pleasure.

I hate all animal abusers, therefore I hate anyone who lets cats outside unsupervised because the cats murder countless animals. Some posters here have said their cat stays on the porch. Some might have an electronic fence or an escape proof outdoor kitty play area. But most are irresponsible. The people who let cats outside also tend not to spay them, vaccinate them or give them flea treatment (cats are the main vectors for fleas).

Any cat that sets foot on my property risks a one way trip to Meowschwitz (the pound).

Cat is the only roadkill species that doesn't make me sad.

On OKC, "dislikes cats" is my favorite setting (I leave the cats setting blank). My "message me if" includes "You agree cats don't belong outside".

My favorite POF headline ever: "Must hate cats!"

MAD Magazine summarized it well. They had a feature "Cute / not cute". "Cats are cute" (image of a kitten playing with a ball of yarn). "Their owners are not" (image of a typical crazy cat woman).

Of course I like all wild felines: mountain lions, bobcats, etc. Perhaps the bobcats can help eradicate invasive domestic cats. Unfortunately, the domestic cats will probably kill many bobcats by spreading disease.
 NotGorshkovAgain
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2015 9:50:39 AM
Why do I hate cats? Simple - they're not dogs.

When you lay on your bed and your dog comes up and lays beside you, it's because he loves you, he worships you, and he wants to be close to you and bathe in you aura.

When you lay on your bed and your cat comes up and lays beside you, it's because it likes your bed.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.
 Aprilikeswhiteroses
Msg: 143
Posted: 3/22/2015 9:33:09 PM
Hate is a very strong unhealthy feeling.

Cats are part of the wonderful nature we should love and respect. cats are not nice with other animals but That is not their fault,that's part of their nature.

I do have one female cat Molly, I do love her, but boy, she is really something, she even tries to bullying us in the morning on our days off. She does have a mean behavior with me, when she wants me to get off the bed on my day off , she DOES make sure I will get off....

Here is the story of mean and sweet Molly:..lol
First I have to say that she does have her food and water on the kitchen all the time.And she knows how to open the door of our rooms so she comes and goes as she pleases.
Molly is used to seeing us get off the bed at 5:00, so that on my day off, IF I stay in the bed after 5am she starts making all sorts of noises with her nails, Scratching the door, or the chairs or carpet, and if she sees that I do not get up yet, she goes under the bed and scratches exactly where I am, I wake up angry and try to grab her but she runs and hide for an hour or 2, then after that, I am already awake. Later I am not mad at her anymore and she keeps doing the same thing. She does the same to my daughter on her days off, but my daughter doesn't care, she keeps sleeping like nothing.
She follows me all day when I am doing the cleaning, watching me, She lies on the floor or on the top of the stairs moving the tail, looks so sweet and cute it made me smile all the time...:)

I do not let her go outside anymore, always keep the door closed....That's why I agree with this statement a poster wrote:

They kill not to eat, but because they're bullies who torture and murder creatures for pleasure. ....I hate all animal abusers, therefore I hate anyone who lets cats outside unsupervised because the cats murder countless animals.

True, I saw molly torturing a butterfly, I took it from her and put it outside.

Note:
For all who hate cats...You are wrong.!!
We shouldn't HATE cats,they are hunters,that's their NATURE, they can't change that.!
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >