Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 106
view profile
History
People who hate cats -- why?Page 4 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
I'm pretty sure he was kidding, a la Motown. This thread is giving me more laughs than the joke threads are today.
I like squirrels well enough. The ones around here have a variety of behaviors (personalities?). The last house I was in, seemed to attract them. Maybe it was my bipolar wife's brainwaves tugging at them.
Anyway, I had to roust families of them from living in my attic, and TWICE had one make their way all the way down my two and a half story chimney, and have to chase them out of the house. I chased the first one all around the living room, trying to get him/her to exit via the (now opened) front door. I finally got him running straight towards the front yard, and the bugger came to a screeching halt in the doorway, looked out, and came racing back the other way, as if thinking "woah, mate, I didn't come all the way down that filthy tunnel so that I could go back to where I started!"
The second was even more fascinating: he/she came into the kitchen through the back door as I was emptying the garbage, and was chased, cornered, prodded, and barked at ferociously by my (no not the wife) German Shepard. I threw a towel over it to take it out, figuring I'd have a panicked, wiggling mess with sharp claws to deal with, but to my surprise, I could feel his heart beating calmly, and he didn't wiggle or fuss in my hands at all as I carried him out. As with the first, when I put him down outside, he didn't run away to a safe distance in fear, he looked up at me, and sat down, then tried to follow me BACK in to where the dog was.
 MsMicki
Msg: 107
view profile
History
People who hate cats -- why?
Posted: 5/5/2011 9:00:47 PM

You can’t hug ‘em or wrestle with them.

Well you sure can hug 'em!

They tend to live indoors and there’s that whole thing with food and hair and stink

Mine have a pet door....same as the dog......and they all do their stinkiness outside!

They walk around with their tails in the air like they think you want to see their asses

My dog has her tail curled up over her back 90% of the time.....and alot of dogs have ther tails cut off......and they have even bigger asses to look at!

They don’t afford protection to my house and family

I've met a few I wouldn't tangle with!

They don’t play well with kids

I spent most my childhood playing with my cats......dressing them up in doll clothes!

You can’t take them for a walk

Sure you can.....you can leash train a cat just the same as you do a dog!

They don’t obey

well.....to a point they don't.....but once again......a cat can be trained

They yowl like cats in heat when they’re in heat

Be a responsible pet owner and have your animals fixed....then this won't be a problem.

They sleep on infants’ faces

My dog sat on my great nephew's face....I just acted like the human in the room and made her move.

They’re self centered and egotistical

so are alot of humans!

They give me the creeps, the willies and the heebiejeebies and somehow they don’t get the message ‘cause I attract them like psycho ex girlfriends

You attract them.....because you don't "watch" them. Make direct eye contact with a cat and he will sense your "domination" and not bother you the next time!

Sorry......can't sleep and bored! You gave me alot of fodder to fiddle with!

I my opinion, "dog people" are a bit more ego centric, and controlling and like having an animal that serves them, and cat people are more giving and subservient

What about those of us that have both?!!
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2011 9:26:08 PM
"I my opinion, "dog people" are a bit more ego centric, and controlling and like having an animal that serves them, and cat people are more giving and subservient

What about those of us that have both?!!"

I think that we must be "controlling, egocentric, subservient givers." Or maybe we're just comfortable with a lot of give and take.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 109
Posted: 5/6/2011 4:18:05 PM

I my opinion, "dog people" are a bit more ego centric, and controlling and like having an animal that serves them, and cat people are more giving and subservient.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Are you kidding?
Yeah, my 11 year old foster Bassett racked with spinal arthritis fetches the mail and cleans the toilet..Oh and she cooks, tells me how hawt I am..you know regular ego feeding stuff dogs do.

I and many people adopt and foster ill/old/maimed dogs that need care..like a child.
Granted the LOVE she gives out weighs anything I have ever done for her.
But save that egocentric BS pulease.

Cats you can leave for a weekend and not worry about them.
Try that with a dog.

Eat the YARDBIRDS ????????LOL
Is that what happened to CREAM too?

OMG Cats hate rock..Reason number 9

Smokey IS cool Bug

FrankNStein902
Msg: 110
Posted: 5/6/2011 6:42:30 PM

What's worse is when one of these professed cat haters admits to intentionally hurting cats simply because they don't like them. What drives this behavio(u)r? Are there any reasons that are not tied so some sort of deep rooted psychological problem?

For those that have a beef with a neighborhood cat this video may offer some solutions.

How to stop cats pissing on your car, ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIbkLjjlMV8
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 111
Posted: 5/6/2011 11:46:50 PM
I was a dog person growing up. I had a tiny little adorable and sweet yet feisty mutt that was like a child to me. She was small smart and cute as hell. I would rush home every day to greet her and hug her.She died a horrible death at the hands of a coyote, and i have never attached to an animal since. I just cant do it. Never even wanted another dog since her, and she died in 1998, i had her since 1993 when i was 13.

viper1j
Msg: 112
the cat who ate my brain
Posted: 5/7/2011 6:33:31 AM
Never heard of a Combat cat.

Come to think of it, I've never seen a K-Cat cop car either..

http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/02/12/war.dogs/
War dogs remembered, decades later
 Seakytten
Msg: 113
the cat who ate my brain
Posted: 5/7/2011 8:52:37 AM
Never heard of a Combat cat.

Come to think of it, I've never seen a K-Cat cop car either..

That's friggin' hilarious dude! LOL I know I go on and on about my 6 cats and I love em' like dey was my own kids but I also want to own an Alaskan Malamute one day. Since I reside in Florida and live in an apartment that dream will just have to wait..luckily, I have a neighbor that lets me walk his Golden Retriever on the causeway when I get the 'itch' to walk a dog but someday..someday..I'll be walkin' a 200 lb. Malamute that will only take orders from... cats.

Funny, my fb profile page isn't of any of my 6 cats. It's a pic of a 180 lb. Malamute that literally jumped on me and knocked me flat down on my back licking my face profusely in the parking lot of my local grocery store a few months ago because he recognized a kindred spirit. I love that dog and one day I'm going to own one, or two..or five. :)

kytten
 viper1j
Msg: 114
the cat who ate my brain
Posted: 5/7/2011 3:12:32 PM
but someday..someday..I'll be walkin' a 200 lb. Malamute that will only take orders from... cats.

You did mean GIVE orders to cats didn't you? As in "get me another beer and beef jerky, before I turn you into a chew toy!"

I would rush home every day to greet her and hug her.She died a horrible death at the hands of a coyote, and i have never attached to an animal since. I just cant do it. Never even wanted another dog since her, and she died in 1998, i had her since 1993 when i was 13.

I can relate. I lost one that had been with me for 19 years in '08. She died at 20 1/2 years old, and she was a fighter. It took 3 strokes for her to leave.

Now I have the last puppy she raised to come home to.
 Seakytten
Msg: 115
the cat who ate my brain
Posted: 5/8/2011 9:02:34 AM

You did mean GIVE orders to cats didn't you? As in "get me another beer and beef jerky, before I turn you into a chew toy!"

LOL! Nooooo....you read it right about my cats giving my Malamute his 'orders' for the day but I've gotta tell ya...that Malamute that knocked me down in the parking lot a few months ago would probably just look at one of my cats, go over and sit on her and that it would be it! lol This HUGE dog rolled off me then rolled over for me to rub his gargantuan belly..I looked like a gnome rubbing the belly of Shrek!

The fact is, whenever I see my neighbors walking their dogs in my neighborhood I immediately run over to the dog like a crazed raccoon and start loving on the beast. :) One day I'll have a Malamute but since my dad asked me if I had ever watched the Animal Planet series: "Hoarder" I've decided that adding another animal to my 'brood' just might tip off animal control in my area.

kytten
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 116
cats
Posted: 4/23/2012 6:28:00 PM
some people dislike cats, some dislike animals...maybe they had a bad experience as a child?
I tend to not get along w/ people who do not like animals...
they are a big part of my life, so I would not have much in common w/ someone who doesn't love animals.
 lagoda
Msg: 117
Posted: 4/23/2012 7:02:15 PM
I love cats, especially my cats, and I'm very tolerant of most of their antics. I understand that cats will be cats and occasionally that means hightailing it outdoors when the patio door is inadvertently left open. This is done out of spite for being a poor, poor deprived 'indoor kitty'. When that happens and they don't quickly jump the fence and take off down the alley, it means they've spotted a mouse.

That's when my tolerance reaches its limits and the irreconcilability hits the fan. For the choice between one furry little mammal and an even littler furry little mammal, has to be made. What kitty could resist a good sport of cat and mouse. I don't blame them. But they can't have it both ways. Try telling them that!
 HaloKitty
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2012 7:21:09 PM
I don't hate cats, I just don't like them all that much. I'm allergic to most I come across with the exception of my sister's temperamental tabby who refuses to be pet by just about anyone.

Generally speaking, I see them as little more than decoration more often than not. For me, they're not really a pet or a companion. Obviously, they are to others and that's ok.

And yes, I had cats growing up, before I became allergic to them. We had an orange cat named Ginger, barn cat, who was a sweet cat, and we raised up the litter of kittens she had, found them good homes, etc. I've just always been more drawn to and associated myself more often with dogs.
 adventurer001
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2012 8:40:24 PM
I didn't used to like cats very much...............but after finding some really good recipes........much better now
 lagoda
Msg: 120
Posted: 4/26/2012 1:34:02 AM
Do you prefer a soup or casserole?
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2012 1:31:43 PM
Nah...I am a cat lover....always have been, always will be.

I have family members who insult me because of it, but then I insult them because they love to gamble, drink, or otherwise act like ***holes....
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 122
Posted: 5/17/2012 2:51:44 PM

And no matter how bad of a day I have had, when I come through the door my dog thinks I'm the best thing EVER! You can keep your cats

confucious say: man who do not like cats get no pu$$y...
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 123
Posted: 5/17/2012 3:03:12 PM

From what I understand it is more about the texture and not so much the taste.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 124
Posted: 5/17/2012 4:28:34 PM
Yeah, what's up with all these cat haters?
LOL

On a side note, Napoleon was terrified of cats.
I don't know why.
 theforumfiend
Msg: 125
Posted: 5/17/2012 7:45:47 PM

I dislike cats...always have
When you're sleeping they climb up on your chest and suck the life out of you.
They are Pure evil.

There you go ago PH. I'm shipping you a cat. Bwahahahah.
 balrog67
Msg: 126
Posted: 5/17/2012 8:20:59 PM
Long ago cats were revered as Gods.

Cats have never forgotten this.....
 matchlight
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2012 12:21:24 PM

I think it is their independence. They can appear stubborn, maybe even rude to a non- cat lover.

I think they have a very keen sense of whether people are likely to be a threat to them. If they sense that, they won't come up to a person. But when they're at ease, they can be very friendly and affectionate.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2012 3:19:57 PM
I had cats for the first 40 years of my life. The first one I captured in the loft of the chicken coop, while young, it was exceedingly scrappy, an excellent mouser, climber, and she was a prolific breeder of large offspring sought after several litters in advance. The males would generally grow to the 20-25 pound range and were prized for their predation of rodents. I had one of her kids for 10 years that was a 25 pounder, intimidating strangers that came in and sat down, only to have him come around the corner and leap into their laps. We often joked..."you better pet him or he will shred you".

The next cats tended to be more moderately sized, usually neutered males that did fine at rodent control but tended to be ambivalent or lazy about birds. We had bird feeders and a barn full of swallows that I dearly appreciated for their skeeter control purposes...we had ponds. A young female wandered into our lives at the near end of my time on that farm and she proceeded to be the most prolific bird killing machine I had ever seen. She killed 3 indigo buntings one day as well as many others left laying around from a number of species. I sought her out and she was in the barn, crawling upside down along a beam toward the baby swallows. I swatted her down in a bit of a rage. I was a rather avid hackey sack affectionado then, and automatically threw my foot out to try to break her fall, instead breaking her leg. Yes, I felt guilty and paid the hundred bucks to put a cast on it, thinking it would slow down her bird killing ways for awhile . Alas, she fell prey to another predator just as her cast got off, and I vowed to never have a female cat again. Then the Earthpuppy came into my life, ake Babe the dog who was not a cat person, and I have been cat free since, enjoying not having fleas, hair, and litter box smells...and not sneezing.

Domestic cats account for 500,000,000 bird deaths annually according to the American Bird Conservancy. While there is no shortage of cats, our birds are under severe threats of continued existence.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/21/science/21birds.html

I don't hate cats, and still apprecite them as the pets of others, but spaying and neutering is a must, and I don't appreciate them in my habitat. The black rat snake does rodent control, the sounds of birds are joyful, and numerous species of skinks, chameleons, and lizards amuse me mightily. Sights and sounds that would be diminshed with cats in the woods.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 129
Posted: 5/18/2012 3:43:25 PM

Domestic cats account for 500,000,000 bird deaths annually according to the American Bird Conservancy. While there is no shortage of cats, our birds are under severe threats of continued existence.

The largest killer of birds is cause by the degradation of habit due to human development.

Next to that would be building / window strikes and some people say 100million others say it is closer to a billion.

So cats, meh small potatoes.

All living things (with the exception of us to some extent) suffer extremely high mortality rates and that is by design.

With regards to nature, a hands off approach is the best approach.

When I see someone go out of their way to save a animal that "Your not helping" phrase always pops into my head. Not saying do not do it because that would be deny a feeling to help, but do not think you are actually helping the bigger picture.

Cats will kill birds and in return those birds left will just have more offspring as the share of food just increased for them.

Some will go extinct just like the some 98% of every living thing that has ever existed.

The only things that last forever are guilt and hate.

junipermoon
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2012 6:30:52 PM

Domestic cats account for 500,000,000 bird deaths annually
according to the American Bird Conservancy.

kind of ironic, then, that i named my present cat 'sibley,' after the noted ornithologist,
david allen sibley.

sibley (the cat, that is) stays indoors, as he has fiv. so he has no impact whatsoever on
the songbird population. occasionally he'll watch them through the window, but he gets
bored pretty quickly. he'd rather have catnip.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >