Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 pantsonfire
Msg: 6
view profile
History
PhobiasPage 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I suffer from Ommetaphobia,Vestiphobia and slug phobia urghhhhh brrrr
 TDFTLOW
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Phobias
Posted: 8/6/2006 12:29:38 AM
>Heights make me go a bit dizzy (Not fun when you are 6'7" and everywhere is a long way from the ground!!! LOL)

Same here. I can explain it. Bridges are horrible because of virtigo. The draw on one side having absolutly nothing but a drop and in perifrial vision sees stable ground on the other side ends up off setting equilibriam.

Other things that cause this 6'7" giant to quiver are small Paris Hilton 'dogs'. From this perspective of way up here They can be easily mistaken for mice or other small rodents and while I'm not afraid of rodents I dont want to step on one of these things by mistake cause I dont want to have to deal with a Paris Hilton type person mad at me. That just creaps me out.

Another thing I find unnerving is those tiny little cars like Steve Martin drove in Pink Panther. You must have seen them. They're like half a car. I mean 1)what happens if you peel out of a green light? Do you end up on your back? 2) See referance to Paris Hilton 'dog' 3) They look like something I can pick up and drag across the carpet a few times reving it up and letting go until it hits a wall.
 TDFTLOW
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Phobias
Posted: 8/7/2006 8:27:20 AM
>My brother's girlfriend has one of those little doys, and I always worry that I'm gonna stand on it. I know where you are coming from on THAT one! LOL

It isn't so much as the imagined squish under one's foot as it is that both your brother and his girlfriend would be upset at this.

Advice: When ever this 'doy', 'dog', 'mouse' is around take a seat. Keep your feet firmly planted on the ground and smile.
 Stevie1978
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Phobias
Posted: 6/22/2007 1:45:57 AM
Have a phobia of needles, I too can't even look at the things on TV. Had to go and have blood test couple of years ago. The ex had to come with me and ask the nurses to put everything away and stand with the needle behind their back while I entered the room!

Spiders - only came around after an episode with another ex and her pet tarantula.

And flying
 stonecastle
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Phobias
Posted: 6/22/2007 5:23:49 AM
The biggest phobia that most men have is the fear of approaching women they are attracted to. This used to be a major fear of mine until I decided to confront it and force myself to do approaches. I found that the more approaches I did the less this fear became.

Here is world famous dating guru Mystery talking about the fear of the approach:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0_4A8SGGQ4&mode=related&search=
 trooperbill
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Phobias
Posted: 7/8/2007 4:14:10 PM
yeah im needle-phobic too. and spiders, dentists, fire (now thats a wierd one - pyro-phobic) hate bonfire night.
 bootielicious
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Phobias
Posted: 7/9/2007 4:39:53 AM
Not really phobic as such, i'm not keen on snakes or****roaches and i'm not a lover of clowns or stephen king type china dolls, but I wouldn't run out of the room if one w as present (walk out the room with reference to snake). I have had a bit of virtigo while at the top of a craggy rock at one of the 3 peaks, (Scafel I think it was) but I wasn't warned what to expect and it was a cloudy day, so wasn't ready for it lol (Don't think I would do it again)
 fierce24
Msg: 74
Phobias
Posted: 10/5/2007 5:37:47 PM
i think that is a fear for everyone. Its like you never want the one you love to leave, but you don't want to be the one to leave them. Does that make sense?
 DeusXMachina
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Phobias
Posted: 10/7/2007 4:15:01 AM
Raptors

But apparently messages this short may not be posted, so, Bruce Forsyth & raptors
 sassy_1974
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Phobias
Posted: 10/10/2007 1:44:05 PM
i fear thunder to the point of sedating myself-its a horrible fear and a bit of a bummer as when it thunders, you cant escape. ive tried everything to chill out about it but so far only the drugs work..ho hum
 nessablueeyes
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Phobias
Posted: 11/13/2007 2:44:46 PM
i have huge phobia of spiders hate them i get quite a few in my house i tried everything i now have a rollin pin at hand to bash em with once ther was a huge coal spider in my bedroom clambering up the wall hence used to have coal fire in my house and i tried to spray it with everyting i cld think of including raid fly kilelr it fell off wall and came runnind in my direction i screamed that loud i woke my kids up my daugher cma ein bedroom she found me standing on chair in corner shaking lol sounds silly i know well that was it i wouldnt go bed till i found it i completey emptied my bedroom furniture out room including my bed lol i di find it it climed insde a box under my bed hence i jumped on it finally killed it thsi was at 1 am in morning my daughter couldnt understand what i was doing taking all my stuff out the bedroom till she seen it then she realized she said to me shld woke me up i would got jar caught it for you mummy now if i see one i get my daughter to get it put it outised unless late at night i just squash it. i tried to have help for it and it dnt work i run the minute tey bring spider near me so rollign pin still at the ready
 pantsonfire
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Phobias
Posted: 12/21/2008 2:09:18 AM
Resurrected this thread because I have discovered a new phobia...

I have Whacky waving inflatable tube man ophobia ..

Have you seen those bloody awful things? They have them outside shops and garages? About 15 feet tall wavy arms and long tuby body that flaps and wobbles all over the place?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OJahnEyd69M

I swear one is going to lean over the pavement and smack me one on the head... I have to go right to the edge of the path and rush past the horrid things... Ewww eww ew.....
 CliveL
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Phobias
Posted: 12/30/2008 1:03:23 PM
Most things really, cities, shopping centres, anywhere without a direct exit outside, tall places, small animals, large animals. I love deserted beeches poking dead things with a stick, countryside, small roads and driving under 50 mph.
 Warrencraig
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Phobias
Posted: 1/2/2009 4:03:44 AM
I used to have a really bad phobia of fires and getting burnt, but i managed to deal with that one when i had to pass my fire training in the navy.

I used to have a phobia of dogs due to being bitten as a child but ive dealt with that mostly and i only get a bit of fear if the dog growls at me.
 Cargy.
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Phobias
Posted: 1/2/2009 4:20:35 AM
I have this really powerful and irrational fear of developing a phobia.
 lalby
Msg: 122
Phobias
Posted: 1/7/2009 9:17:48 AM
Spiders and midgets ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >