Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rks58
Msg: 47
Unbiased media now running doctored photos from LebanonPage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

and I can't recall any instance where Fox was trying to pass off fake pictures or fake documents to support a story.

Whether they have or not I can't say, I've never bothered to scrutinize their photos closely enough to say but I can think of many times they have tried to pass off fake "facts" that fly in the face of documentation and hysteria as the truth.
 arri
Msg: 49
Unbiased media now running doctored photos from Lebanon
Posted: 8/7/2006 3:17:56 PM
Little extra smoke on a panoramic photo of Beirut for dramatic effects doesn't constitute misrepresentation of the news. The city is being bombed, there are thousands of pictures from hundreds of sources available and nobody disputes that.

This is a dumb thread ... you guys are still going at it???
 arri
Msg: 53
Posted: 8/8/2006 10:21:55 AM
"double digit or Better" means from intelligence level of "piece of rock to infinity" ... Better is any number above 10 ... but since you didn't get it, I can only assume that you fall in the rock category.

canyunflyer
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2006 10:56:39 AM
Bickering over this expose' of obviously doctored photos will get you nowhere. Anyone should easily see that in the larger war on terror.... sympathetic propoganda is the greatest weapon the terrorist organizations have....and more than that.... it is their ONLY hope of actually achieving any kind of victory. And it is painfully obvious to me.... sympathsizers are predominant on this forum.

I'm thru with reaction and name calling. I am troubled by so many who seem to be incapable of accurately defining the concept of ememy. I would counsel against simply rallying around the so-called underdog. Underdogs are not always right, just by virtue of their status.

I used to think like most of you guys. I bought into the childish and simplistic slogans of the 60s and 70s.... (one of my favorites: 'war is not healthy for children and other living things') Who can argue with that simple statement? But, thats all it is. Its just a simple statement of the obvious, and has absolutely Nothing to do with who, what, why, when, where ect., there is a time and need for conflict. And, contrary to the pop-culture notions that there is no need fo this any more..... unfortunately, there still is.

I only say this to make a point. ( I don't dislike canada...ok) If there were armed groups operating in your country who's agenda was our complete anhilation and they were doing the same kind of crap that hezbolah is doing to Isreal (to us).... you can bet yer tulips it wouldn't be very safe up there! I would hope we would do something... powerful and incisive. And I would hope our friends the canadians would be right there to help! Immediately. If any country allows themselves to be taken hostage by extremest militants.... they should expect unpleasant consequenses. that includes the good Ol USA.

And NO. Bush does not qualify...so please don't go there. thank you.
 Intercooler
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2006 11:36:52 AM

I'm thru with reaction and name calling.

I got a hundred bucks says you won't make it to the end of the week without name-calling, much less being done with it for good......lol.

I am troubled by so many who seem to be incapable of accurately defining the concept of ememy

I'll assume you mean "enemy." I am too. There are still plenty who refuse to see that the enemy is coming from within, and is both a large portion of the cause, as well as the continuation, of most of the terrorism we see in the world. Shame, ain't it? Fortunately, the light bulb is going on for more and more people as they look at the actual evidence, do their own research, and begin to connect the dots for themselves about BushCo. and friends.

I would counsel against simply rallying around the so-called underdog. Underdogs are not always right, just by virtue of their status.

I appreciate you intimating that those of us who don't agree with your right-wing political views are simple-minded dunderheads who can only think about the world using retarded sports analogies.....very nice. At least your putdown was done politely.

I used to think like most of you guys. I bought into the childish and simplistic slogans of the 60s and 70s.... (one of my favorites: 'war is not healthy for children and other living things') Who can argue with that simple statement?

Sorry.......thought you were done referring to people with opposing views as simpletons....I hadn't read your next sentence yet...

But, thats all it is. Its just a simple statement of the obvious, and has absolutely Nothing to do with who, what, why, when, where ect

Oh, you mean like simple statements which are designed to distort and lie and create false perceptions because they have nothing to do with reality? You mean statements like:

"Cut and run" or "Mushroom cloud" or "yellowcake" or "WMD's" ??? Examples like that?

If any country allows themselves to be taken hostage by extremest militants.... they should expect unpleasant consequenses. that includes the good Ol USA.

Huhn! Imagine that. I'll bet OBL and his ilk have said the exact same words........Hunh!
 darjeeling
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2006 3:25:07 PM
I've stayed out of this thread till now. And before abandoning it completely I will make one comment.

You seem to be missing the point of this thread. These pictures were doctored by the news media itself, and presented as fact

As has been preciously pointed out THAT is NOT the truth at all ... this was NOT the News Media Itself ... although you have gone to extraordinary lengths to SPIN it as such.

This was one lone photgrapher, who motives and agenda are unknown ... it may be surmised that they are concurrently ideologic, nationalistic, and monetary.

Your attempt to tar Reuters with the tainted brush of this photographer's actions seems to have run its course. They have made their amends, posted a retraction, deleted the photo(s) in question and promised to tighten their editorial oversight of alll photographic content.

That seems responsible and reasonable to me.

I will also note the starting date of your membership coincides with published incidents of a virtual army of cyber trolls and Israeli PAC propagandists.

I have no idea if this is a paid cadre or merely volunteers.

I have no 'proof' that such is your specific case Mr Rockwell ... but I do believe you are indeed one.

CIAO Mr Rockwell
darjeeling
 arri
Msg: 61
Posted: 8/9/2006 3:31:52 PM
^^^ can't you stay and help me make fun of his posts? Not that it takes much work or that I need help .. but then again
 dogar2007
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2006 9:06:09 PM
I just have one question. Why are all the news photos I have seen from Lebanon? Why are there no pictures of Israelis crying in front of THEIR bombed-out homes?
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 63
Posted: 8/9/2006 9:09:16 PM
^^^Wish I had your media. All I get to see are pictures of Israelis standing around sites of rocket attacks. If one Israeli dies it's the lead story no matter how many Lebanese died that day.
 rks58
Msg: 64
Posted: 8/9/2006 9:34:36 PM

^^^Wish I had your media. All I get to see are pictures of Israelis standing around sites of rocket attacks. If one Israeli dies it's the lead story no matter how many Lebanese died that day.

Well, stop watching Global!
Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  >