Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > Can anyone give me a legitimate reason for NOT posting a picture???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sandysk
Msg: 101
Can anyone give me a legitimate reason for NOT posting a picture???Page 5 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Agree totally. No picture suggests one or more of three things:
1. Married
2. Wanted by the police
3. Butt ugly
 goldenbears87
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Can anyone give me a legitimate reason for NOT posting a picture???
Posted: 11/11/2006 12:17:19 PM
yes, teachers may prefer not to take a chance on their students seeing them on POF or any other website for that matter
 grandmat1
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2006 3:05:43 PM
Yes if you don't know how to go about putting your picture where it is supposed to go.
 TAMPATART
Msg: 104
Posted: 11/11/2006 3:53:14 PM
WELL I sure can.
I had a picture on here for 4 mo. and all I got reply's from were whoredogs -moroons and married men telling me how hot I was and they wanted to get laid!

Since I removed the pictue I have met a great man and so far so good!
I guess looks are major to some people and to almost all men.
But there are some men out there who look to whats inside as well!
 Angelheart3
Msg: 105
Posted: 11/11/2006 5:23:57 PM
Posting a picture is not a guarantee of anything really. Unfortunately, there is no way to know #1 How old the picture is or #2 Is it really the person. I didn't post a pic initially as I didn't have anything recent. So what's out there is what a friend snapped in a hurry and frankly, I am not impressed with the few contacts I have received. Even less impressed with the emails that get deleted without even being read or those that are read and deleted without a "thanks but no thanks" reply. C'est la vie!

Don't think a picture really matters all that much except to those who won't even look at a profile without a picture. Sounds a bit shallow to me. I'll likely pull my pics at the end of this month. And no way would I put a hot pic out there - not what I am looking for. Their loss!
 sweetdaisy75
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2006 7:21:06 PM
I don't see why you wouldn't put a picture on here. Most people will never talk to you without one. Like me, I have tons of picture on this site yet they still want more. It so annoying!! I don't understand why guys always want so many pictures.
 DEBRAKVET
Msg: 107
Posted: 11/12/2006 5:09:05 AM
What do you look like ? I just got mail from someone who does not post his picture but he sent a private one and told me he doesn't post one because of his medical job. I can see if your a Phychiatry Dr ,Therapist or private investgator you would not want your picture on here. I do no there are a few Phychiatry Dr on here but they don't tell you there profession. I myself would never meet these people alone or tell them where I lived until I new they were who they say they are. You can never not be to careful.
 DEBRAKVET
Msg: 108
Posted: 11/12/2006 5:31:42 AM
Hernando County had more sexical predators then any county two years ago we don't put up with it here. This week a private investgator was working our street for some insurance thing and he was confronted six times in two days by people. The first day he was follow out and the second day he was confronted three times in one hour which the last one was me who got his ID called the police to make sure he register that he was here and what he was doing. I told the police he is by the bus stops and they better be damn sure he is real. Well, he was real and called me and said I can't believe the people who confronted me and you called the police and checked and I told him it's like this anyone can make fake ID's and we are not going to let anyone hurt anyone around here. I also told him six or more confronted you how many do you think were watching you and took photo's of you. He was very nice but he can't come back now because he upset the everyone.

DEBRAKVET
Msg: 109
Posted: 11/12/2006 5:53:52 AM
I don't know why people do not up date there pictures at least four times a year we change weight, hair and everything else it's life. I don't care if you brithday is not right because mine isn't why because that info is sold and many people like me who worked or work with computors know not to put your real info on here. I put what is close and my pictures are me now just updated it yesterday with a picture that was taken yesterday. I feel bad when I meet someone and there ten years older and don't look anything like there picture you don't have to give your real age but put a picture on here that looks like you now.
 trainengineer
Msg: 110
Posted: 11/12/2006 8:37:28 AM
Nice repley Debrakvet.......pictures ain't everything though it is nice to see who u are talking/responding to......I believe it should be mandantory for the first couple pic's. posted be new.....I still make contact w/ones that do not post.....it is what is in the heart that makes a person beautiful.....not just there looks......I myself like a woman who show's emotion's,it shows to me they do have a heart,and makes for a strong relationship...honesty is the next best thing..........
 TAMPATART
Msg: 111
Posted: 11/12/2006 10:28:41 AM
WEL HERE IS ANOTHER REASON.
I HAVE SEEN A HUNDRED PICTURES ON HERE AND 90% OF THEM -- WOULD OF BEEN BETTER IF THERE WAS -NO-PICTURE POSTED!
SCARY!
PEOPLE CAN'T HELP WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE--B
AND HELL-LOOKS AREN'T EVERYTHING!
{RIGHT?}
I RATHER HAVE A NOT SO HANDSOME MAN WHO IS NICE AND TREATS ME WELL---THEN A HUNK WHO IS AN AZZHOLE!
AMEN!
 belly18dancer
Msg: 112
Posted: 11/12/2006 11:46:36 AM
sweet daisy let me put it to you straight...you post a lot of photos...i do too...the reason they ask for more....is they're hoping amongst your stash of photos there are some of you in lingerie, half naked, or better yet completely nude...i tell guys my photos are on the profile....they can tell what i look like...but of course some guys will ask for more hoping to see ''more''....the few times i have sent out more photos of myself, they will brazenly ask," well don't you have some a bit more sexier?"

if you take a look at some of the photos women post on here, you will see why, quite a few are already running around in their skivvies...

they need to understand that all you have to do is right click and save that photo...they can have a stash of your photos on their computer, they can share them with others...you can be all over the net...in all your glory...for the entire net to see...so be careful...one guy on here told me he added me to his favorites so he could save all my photos and look at me whenever he wanted...CREEPY
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2006 3:36:06 PM
I'm a for sure, "you show me your pic pic, I'll show you mine". No picture, no reply. I read profiles until I can't see straight, so don't think I don't look past the outside.
 ImTheOneUwant
Msg: 114
Posted: 11/13/2006 1:23:44 PM
Maybe they are so ugly, they broke the camera? lol
jk!
L.
 awinnerisyou75
Msg: 115
Posted: 11/17/2006 8:55:04 PM
Really, “I’m too fat and/or ugly” is no excuse for not posting a picture. People have EXTREMELY varied tastes. There’s bound to be at least ONE person on the face of this planet that thinks you’re hot enough to melt the Brooklyn Bridge. Of course, there’s no guarantee that they’ll ever find you, but if you don’t put your face out there, how will they be able to?
I can, however, buy the argument that some people might not want their faces on here because their jobs or the positions they hold in their communities might make it awkward if somebody found out. I work in the newspaper business; at a previous paper I worked for, I once stumbled across a prominent city official on a dating Web site. It was indeed extremely strange.
And even though some people joke about it, I can see why an extremely attractive person, especially a girl, would not post a picture. Let’s face it: Most people who go onto these sites are mainly looking to get laid. (In the interests of full disclosure and generally “not being a hypocrite,” I’ll confess that, yes, I would leap at the chance for some hot commitment-free sex if the right circumstances presented themselves, though I’d dispute the characterization that I’m really “looking for that.” I really do want to find a meaningful relationship, believe it or freaking not, and anyway, I learned a long time ago that a singles site isn’t really the optimum place for “hooking up,” despite what some people say.) I’d imagine that a really attractive person is going to get bombarded with messages, some of which you probably wouldn’t want to touch if you were wearing anything short of a radiation suit. A really hot-looking person might choose to avoid posting their picture just to cut down on all the crap.
That being said, if you’re not going to post a picture, please try to put some genuine effort into your WRITTEN profile. When you write generic stuff like “I don’t like liars and cheaters” and “I want to find someone who’s caring and treats me right,” you don’t really stand out. Come one, this is www.plentyoffish.com, not www. peoplewhoaretotala******smakemehorny.com.
 whiteroses255
Msg: 116
Posted: 11/19/2006 11:13:35 PM
Most tell me that they don't know how to post a picture or don't have one.
 AceFiles
Msg: 117
Posted: 11/20/2006 12:11:32 AM
Well...it looks like everyone here has good reasons for not posting a pic. However, I have no doubt that most of the time, the person has something to hide.

Bye, Michael
 QuiteOrdinary
Msg: 118
Posted: 11/20/2006 12:20:15 AM
There is no reason to not post a pic except for the fact you're hiding something or embarassed. And if you're embarassed than this isn't for you " online meeting". /shrug
 GAL4U2C
Msg: 119
Posted: 11/24/2006 10:05:42 AM
Foremost, I would like to quote "Beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder".

The way I see it is if I have enough nerve to post my pic for the world to see then you can do the same. My pic was taken 8/30/06 & I pretty much look like my pic except my hair is now longer. God knows, I am not beautiful but I do know that some men find me attractive and some men do not. It works both ways.

I recently corresponded with a guy from POF who I connected with based solely on what he had to say to me. He did not post a pic. He described himself as 6'0", average build, blond hair, extremely handsome, and a non drinker. I requested a photo several times but he always had an excuse. Against my better judgement I met him last Saturday. He was 5'8", overweight, grey hair, ungroomed (dirty), not attractive and he was apparently intoxicated at 9:00 AM.

I am fairly new to this on line dating game & it still amazes me that people misrepresent themselves. Afterall, do you not eventually want to meet the person(s) that you are corresponding with? So, why lie? I don't get it.

I gotta say it all boils down to honesty & chemistry. Eye to eye, skin to skin.

katie3
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2006 11:03:17 AM
I think it is pretty funny. At least he has a sense of humor.
 GAL4U2C
Msg: 121
Posted: 11/24/2006 11:10:32 AM
katie3

I hope your reply was not in reponse to my post. I have a great sense of humor but will not tolerate lying...how does sense of humor come into play with lying?
 twildbill5
Msg: 122
Posted: 11/24/2006 12:08:09 PM
BEING MARRIED IS MY REASON,]
\IDON'T WANT THE WRONG PERSON TO RECOGNISE ME.
 Ramiel
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2006 9:53:39 PM
Everyone gives the same three reasons for not posting a pic, myself I have a pic up as you can see.

I also have a profile with no pic I wanted to see who would talk to me based on my profile,

1 I'm not married
2 I'm not embarressed to be up on the net
3 I know how to post a pic

Know how about reason four. . .

4 People want to feel that there being talked to because of how they present themselfs in there profile rather then the picture they present
 belly18dancer
Msg: 124
Posted: 12/4/2006 4:04:58 AM
I don't talk to anyone who doesn't have a photo posted...end of story. If someone contacts me with no photo...I tell them, ''post a photo then i'll see if we can talk''....I too have been burned in the past by a guy swearing he was good looking and that i would be attracted to him...I kept bugging him for photos and he finally sent them...no he was not good looking, I was extremely disappointed as I'd spent a lot of time talking to him...he was disappointed that I was not attracted to him...a lot of hurt feelings, I'd rather avoid...

they also need to have current photos and more than one...I've had guys tell me they were models and from their ONE photo they looked like it...when i asked to see another, they didn't have another...EVEN though they modeled...LIES LIES LIES...

many men without photos will tell me they will send some IF i provide an email address...to me that is not safe...opens my computer up to whatever they send to me and then they have a more personal way to continue to contact me even if I'm not interested...

post a photo...we want a mental and physical connection
 sweetbbwnjax
Msg: 125
Posted: 12/4/2006 4:21:17 AM
I completely AGREE.... Thats why when there is no picture, i dont reply.... because it could mean most likely they are married and they do have sites for that 2.
Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > Can anyone give me a legitimate reason for NOT posting a picture???