Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TLC200
Msg: 158
Is it harder to date now?Page 9 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
it's not harder to date now that i'm 59 and it's not harder to FIND a date.

it's harder for me to find a date who is FUN!

example:
I don't want to go to Kennywood, the rollercoasters make me sick.
I don't want to see Katy Perry I don't like that stuff it's for kids.
truck night doesn't do anything but get you dirty.
I don't like going to the haunted house or hayride.
it's midnight and i'm tired of dancing, can we go home?
why do we have to dress up in costumes to go to the Medieval Faire?
I can't go out this Saturday, i'm watching the grandchildren.
 mjinict
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Is it harder to date now?
Posted: 9/22/2014 8:31:16 PM
^^^I gotta say, at 54, I can relate to those statements. Roller coasters and haunted houses? I don't think so. I can think of other 'fun' activities, and the older I get the more content I am to not to 'do' a whole lot.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 160
Posted: 9/23/2014 11:16:40 AM
While I do enjoy my Sundays nights watching Downton Abby, I like to DO stuff as well. I'm not infirm or near death, I enjoy a new adventure or just trying something new whether it's a new restaurant, a new vacation spot, a new park, a new museum, etc. And yes, I'd ride the roller coaster or run the zip line.

We are a long time dead. So enjoy the days we have. There are a million things out there to catch our attention, engage us, challenge us, interest us or just try something new. My children have long gone, it's not my job to raise the grandchildren - it's my time.

To me, finding a guy who just wants to spend time watching football or baseball on the idiot box is boring and I don't want that type of man. I want a do'er or a guy that can balance doing things and having a little quiet time.
 Like2dance
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2014 12:28:35 PM
Dating is still no problem for me at age 61. A few days ago I met a mid-thirties model quality, sexy, smart, successful lady in the first class section of a flight home. She ended up giving me her card and wanting to get together for a glass of wine and maybe more. Life is great!
 TLC200
Msg: 162
Posted: 9/23/2014 5:03:26 PM
way to go like2dance^^^^

go where the action is. if the women our own age don't want to do it then we'll find someone who will.

and I personally don't mind going older even thought i'm 59.
 calguy14
Msg: 163
Posted: 9/23/2014 6:58:35 PM
Delete Delete Delete
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >