Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mynitedream
Msg: 54
Would you date a man who lost everything?Page 6 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I never lost everything! I still have you.
 a_vamp
Msg: 57
Would you date a man who lost everything?
Posted: 3/21/2005 6:20:15 AM
Er... yes... if he will not ask me for money. I'd even be very happy to even house him til he's all settled himself. Just don't ask me for extra money...
 who_the_fox
Msg: 59
Posted: 7/26/2005 6:58:49 PM
I would be VERY cautious....I got sucked into marrying someone who repeatedly lost everything due to gambling on risky investments etc. Sometimes things are not what they seem on the surface.
 xpxpk
Msg: 64
Posted: 7/26/2005 7:39:11 PM
I went through a lot of financial stuff and the woman I was with said she didn't care because she sucked at finances as well. Then she won the lottery. Then she dumped me.
 mari_sam
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2005 8:16:04 PM
Yes, money isn't everything. More and more people these days are faced with troubled times. All we can do is help support eachother in a time of crisis. It's not looks, money, or how much one owns, It's how good of a soul one holds!!!
 Fcukmeplease
Msg: 70
Posted: 7/31/2005 5:17:58 AM
Please tell me where is that guy?
 m14shooter
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2009 2:50:15 PM
People had better get used to dating people with money issues as the economy is not getting better at all. It is going to get much worse. I have dated several women with money problems, doesn't bother me at all.
 Vannili
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2009 5:23:52 PM
No I will not date a man who lost every thing,he should be busy looking for work taking CARE of his life, like I do, I have no job and I am not dating,I am busy pounding the pavement...I don't even socialize, because I don't want to be look down as a country poor mouse who can't afford to give her share of expenses on dates/gifts/ect...

When a person is down on his/her luck ,people tried to avoid her/him for fear that she/he will borrow money from them/or mooches a free meals. I have my dignity and pride. A person should take care of his/her obligation to her/his self before he/she can enjoy life..... this is just me..
 Sabrosura
Msg: 80
Posted: 11/2/2009 6:53:45 PM
No, he should be focusing on his life and dating should be secondary.
 OneMoreNutt
Msg: 81
Posted: 11/2/2009 7:25:45 PM
I have, and I would again. Like most others stated, as long as he is taking steps to get his life back on track.... why not?

Most of us at one time or another has suffered some type of financial setback, wether it be due to divorce, lay-off, corporate down-sizing, or simply making bad decisions.
 RobertKoi
Msg: 84
Posted: 11/2/2009 9:08:04 PM
This thread was started over 4 years ago, and 3 years before the economic collapse. It's even more true now than ever before.
 m14shooter
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2009 10:51:37 PM

Would I date a man who could not pay his bills? No of course not because if I did that then he may very well expect me to pay his bills and that is just not going to happen. The op of this thread (now long gone) clearly stated that this man could not pay his bills, so who in their right mind would date someone who is not only broke but no able to get themselves the necessities of life. I am not a welfare agency.

This one cuts both ways, last woman I dated could not pay her bills personal or business. She wanted me to move in after a couple months and split the bills with her, that would have been stupid for me as I have a paid off home. Half the women I dated at some point wanted help with bills, a couple I did help but most I didn't.
 Vannili
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2009 1:37:19 AM
This one cuts boths ways,last man I dated could not pay her bills personal business. She wanted me to move in after a couple of months and split the bills with her,that would have been stupid for me as I have paid home. Half the women I dated at some point wanted help with bills,a couple I did help but most I didn,t.

Some people both gender thinks they can hoodwick some one for being lovey dovey to carry their burden ..

You help 2 women to pay their bills, I hope you did not regret
it ...

lilemilyem: thanks for sharing your experienced.
 Vannili
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2009 1:55:02 AM
Msg126. why should I be ashame of my respond ?
A person should have some dignity, not to put down his self, in front of every body by asking " Would you date a man who lost everything?" He himself would not date a woman who has nothing but the shirt of her back...

Some women answered they will date a man who has nothing,good for them...
this post is 4 years ago, but it serve a good purpose for other men,who is thinking the same thoughts, so they'll know the answer in advance.
 broccolina
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2009 9:10:34 AM
Amillio, Bello...

The answers are different because in the meantime we did our part and we dated our quota of men who lost everything. Now they're financially stable and married to or living together with someone else.
 Vannili
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2009 8:42:48 AM

I suppose people who are going through hard times need love and support to keep them going,so lets hope that even though they won't get a date, they have good people in there life to keep there chin up. Even if it is someone just to listen to them,even if they aren't in a position to physically help them.

I am thankful of this hard time, it diversified me into a good person, who's focus are people around and how to live a simple life.. Now it is more meaningful to me interacting with people, than doing shopping spree on material things...

I would like to share this to women ~ I met a beautiful lady in a thrift store ,ala Grace Kelly, very regal like she was always posing for a pictorial, the second time I saw her I ask her what makes her neck and face so smooth, when she is no longer 18, she told her age, younger than her calendar years on my calculation on the year she was modeling hats, in New York,she was in her early 80s..she was younger more than half her real age... she told me of the beauty regimes of a woman, and focus on my heart, reach up to people to give kindness... That was ingrained in me, in this forum ,I make people laugh ,making up funny stories as an answer or sharing my experienced of wisdom... Not just men who emails me some women too..
I am one of the people that was hit of tough times, I held my head high,chin up, and I am not dating,but interacting with people what help I can do and looking for any type of work to survive...... And I am not asking any handout to any one, because I have my strenght and my dignity .. this is my personal contribution and I am not imposing this to others.

Vannili
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2009 9:11:11 AM
@ Vannili
What does your little story have to do with the original post ?

Thank you for pointing that up... My answer to the original post is Msg:115

And this input refer to Msg:130, My intention on this is even we don't want to date a person who lost every thing ,we still can be kind to him... Agreeing to msg:130
What I understand on discussion is it diversified into different branches of topics ..

My little story implied that we have to be kind to others. Which is not out of line on the Thread ~ Would you date aman who lost everything?
 farscapeprincess
Msg: 97
Posted: 11/4/2009 10:36:02 AM
Yes, if I see that he is taking steps to put his life back together. Times are hard and a divorce can make it harder. So yeah, I'd give the guy a chance.
 Vannili
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2009 11:24:16 AM
kinda like being married from a mans point of view

Married to a man is different story, I supported my late husband for 3 years working 2 jobs,and doing housechore.cooking ( I don't like the way how he cleaned the house) I have no complains and no regrets on supporting us,until he was able to stand on his own feet... I bet there are a millions of women who will do that to their husband/man/lover/boyfriend...

I am not sure if a women will take a chance to date a man who lost every thing into ashes and trying to build his life on what was left.. Most women have responsibility on their own too,specially women with kids...

But,hey! nothing is impossible !!! Some women would want to be a stepping stone for a croaking frog hoping he will turn into a Prince Charming that will love her and give back 10 times what she helped him..
That is a gamble of love.. Win or lose...
 swampbuggy1
Msg: 101
Posted: 11/4/2009 3:36:04 PM
If it were me I would get myself back on my feet before putting myself out there to date
 Vannili
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2009 7:24:10 PM

OK where are you?

Sir Jamie,
I am down here below,,,,,, at the bottom of the sea with other fish ,swimming with some baracudas, and sharks.

Vannili
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2009 8:27:09 AM
Some women wonder why they can 'tfind a man,well this is a typical problem many females face,it's called reality! In this case,being a hypothetical question it shows how different a male from a female.*
It differentiates a man from his woman..
a man is a provider who's job to protect his love ones.judgingby the response of many,is it wonder why some women have so much trouble understanding a man and real issues? *
There are no white knights out out there as many of continue to dream up in those convulted mind of yours..

The Princess And The Pauper DID NOT HAVE an ending "they live happily ever after. The Princess got tired supporting the Puaper.....Yes we are different from male other wise we are all males.. White Knight isn't bad ,as long as his but t is not always on his high horse..
**Some women can't* FIND *men for the reason the man can not stomach the face of 'that'woman , and he dosn't want to be bother when the grocery clerk asked plastic or paper? Plastic is suffocating ,it can lead to murderous thing. And paper is strenous you have to cut three holes................ So forget it !!!
Did you mean ? ** Some women can't retain a relationship with a man? Well ,there is no comment on that if a man wants out on the relationship ,he'll do repulsive things and vice versa, to break up the tie..
The Original post is the guy divorce,filed bankruptcy, can not pay his bills, some of foras ( mother instinct or desperate ?? ) they,ll take him, to give him a second chance" not bad" that is 35 % of 100 ,the 65 % won't take a man down on his luck even do he is honest, that he put in black and white that he has nothing.. For the reason those women have enough of their own responsibility ,their kids and bills, and it is not worth it ,to date or have a lover that can not contribute on relationship, and the others did not have a good experienced, they were financially bleed and kick on the curb...

The OP reminded me of a man standing in a corner street with a placard sign, I WORK FOR FOOD..lobster, filet meunier, champagne, and a juicy juicy steak will do.. So sorry I'll pass, he is not appealing to me...
ps a person should think first to survive instead looking for a date.lol.
 Vannili
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2009 9:55:34 AM
Thank you daydreamin honey,

Though the thread is 4 years olds ,if he is still around and have not pulled up his self yet ' you are the woman of his dream... It says on the thread ,,,,,,,,,,could not find one that could pay his bills<<.
 VivaciousVixen2010
Msg: 114
Posted: 1/27/2010 8:03:23 PM
Hell,I married em' !
I love the people that always think of the financial.
The second a person gets an illness or a pre-existing condition
that person is screwed for life "employmentwise"
Usually, will cost that person almost everything that they own
for medical. Money comes and goes..........I learned that in life.
The person and who is is "maintains his moral or lack of moral
being!". Money doesn't buy you love. Love shouldn't be built
on a bank account.
Just as easily as he lost everything,you can also.
I never judged those less fortunate when I was "a money bag"
What is wrong with you?
 Vannili
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2010 8:19:55 PM
kpook, I will not take a chance to date a man who has nothing. I can not afford when he started asking me *loan * for his child support and his livelihood.

I have pride in me I did not lose everything just my job and I don't date or going out with friends because I don't want people to get the impression that I am a moocher ,because they know that I have no job..
This man should not think on dating but to take care of his financial status first..

jerrick that is true I cease going to a party even I brought a gift because I was discreetly look down as abroke bum.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >