Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Quebec  > ARE WE TO OLD.......      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Vanessa44
Msg: 6
view profile
History
ARE WE TO OLD.......Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Grey......... comon lets face it....... younger men are intimidated by buxom beauty cougars.......... we know it all...........LOL.........
 greywolf1
Msg: 7
view profile
History
ARE WE TO OLD.......
Posted: 8/9/2006 8:41:54 AM
Thanks V.....i was wondering has this ever happened to anyone.....why do we man/women have to be insulated...(did i spell that right?...lol) about our age?
Sratterbrain have you ever been told your to old....when is to old????
I see alot of people look but they don't make a comment, why is that you think.......
 Promoe
Msg: 8
view profile
History
ARE WE TO OLD.......
Posted: 8/14/2006 3:51:39 PM

I was told i was to old for this, what's up with that..by the way i'm over 40 .....I'm curious is there an age to stop trying? Or do people think people over 40 are to old, and should we just stay home and sit in the rocker? I my-self say NO WAY we still have alot to offer.......

I dunno what planet that guy comes from but from my point of view its a big NOPE!!!!! u are never too old!!! age is just a number!!! and to be honest.... im personnaly extreamly attracted by elder woman!!! and this is coming froma 24 year old maybe too young for most but once again age is just a number and it all depends on the person's maturity!!!!

my 2 cents :)

Luis
 TropicalNights
Msg: 9
ARE WE TO OLD.......
Posted: 8/26/2006 9:33:27 AM
we are never too old. I dated a young man over 15 yrs younger than me, last summer. he Adored me! My dad is 80 and he still has more energy than most 20-30 somethings, a friend's mother joined the golden age club, she was in her 80's! she met a man there, at a dance and they married, he was around 70! It was so cute to see them, all lovey dovey etc, flirting, and having fun! So, no there is no age for love, Oh btw, Dad gets flirted w all the women at his bank etc,, hes charming as all european men,, but hes no sex symbol, only hes got a nice attitude, a positive approach and hes got tons of energy, hes active, sails, etc, and keeps busy. so age? No one is too old for love,,, As my bf said last summer, there is no age for love,, he was wise for his age, but had left the family home at 15, so that made him mature very fast. PLUS Ive looked at the profiles of many on this thread, all of you are HOT! so,,,, forget the negative people and enjoy the life, and flirt like crazy! LOL Life is short, enjoy the moment! :)
 alyosha
Msg: 10
ARE WE TO OLD.......
Posted: 8/26/2006 12:27:21 PM
greywolf1

I was told I was too old for this...

Dude! If I divided your age by the radiance of your smile on a scale of 1 - 10, you'd come out to be, like 4 years and 4 months old. In which case, too old for what?
 alyosha
Msg: 11
ARE WE TO OLD.......
Posted: 8/26/2006 12:29:57 PM
cotter

I guess they're here because...

...because they've run out of people to insult face to face.
 alyosha
Msg: 12
ARE WE TO OLD.......
Posted: 8/26/2006 12:35:38 PM
Greywolf: You might want to check your restricted list. It was clear you wouldn't accept a message from someone my age but I was told you weren't accepting messages from my gender either. If you're just looking for female partners, platonic or otherwise, maybe you ought to say so.
 silk_petal_rose
Msg: 13
ARE WE TO OLD.......
Posted: 9/1/2006 9:51:26 PM
lol how old is to young for you . well that one woman thought you were to old but another woman of 29 might think your just the right age. sooo its an individuals, beliefs, likes or dislikes....

The ' can't waste time' woman I take it just want to make sure your interested in more then just dating. that you have you eyes set on something more permanent because their clock is ticking away and they don't want to waste time on a guy looking for just the casual scene...
 cotter
Msg: 14
view profile
History
ARE WE TO OLD.......
Posted: 9/1/2006 10:22:05 PM
Well ... I went for a job interview today (and was hired ... yea!!!! ... ) ... but got quite a compliment. They can't ask about age when you're applying for a job and the lady said she was looking forward to me putting in a lot of years with their agency ... taking care of their clients.

I said ... "Well, I'm 57 years old ... I'd like to see if I can give you at least 15 years ... do you think they'd still let me go see clients at the age of 72?!"

She thought I was teasing her! She said I sure don't appear to be or act like I'm 57!

(Making a note to get that lady flowers!)

OT: I don't feel that old and would love to find a man who can meet me with my energy level and see if he can keep up with it ... 'cause I'm definitely still interested!

By the way ... they're putting a cruise together in February '07 for POF'ers ... check it out and see if any of you can go!
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/5096925datingPostpage2.aspx

PS ... I sure don't feel "too old" to have that kind of fun!

Vanessa44
Msg: 15
view profile
History
ARE WE TO OLD.......
Posted: 9/9/2006 8:49:54 AM
We are never too old !!!! My experience is that you are only as old as you think you are. If you feel old, and act old, then chances are you look old too......... Personally, my body may be getting old, but my mind still thinks I'm 25! Except now I have the wisdom of a 45 year old.. Could we go back in time and live our live differently with the knowledge we have now that we are *old* and live in a younger body? I'm sure a lot of us would like to do that. But is it realistic, or if we did, would they think that we are too *old* because our bodies would be young, but our minds *old*?

My favorite meaning of old in the dictionary - and there are several....... **Wise from Mature years**

So no we are not to old ! We are just wiser than those younguns that say we are old!!

Just me,

V
 greywolf1
Msg: 17
view profile
History
ARE WE TO OLD.......
Posted: 1/20/2007 11:01:37 AM
WOW i love all the responses....i have to say i am having the best time now, and age doesn't matter. As someone said: your too old only if you've given up. People over 40, to me know what they want and are not shy to say what they mean..
And we know how to have a good time.
 greywolf1
Msg: 18
view profile
History
ARE WE TO OLD.......
Posted: 2/3/2007 9:28:28 AM
Nicely put.

greywolf1
Msg: 19
view profile
History
ARE WE TO OLD.......
Posted: 2/3/2007 9:29:30 AM
To LIL BALCKMAGIE : GOOD ONE...........
 mystique-elle
Msg: 20
ARE WE TO OLD.......
Posted: 12/4/2007 6:56:24 PM
I do not think that I am that old....Age is just an number as long as you do not wind up in diapers, become senile and put your teeth in a glass...then, its all good...
LQ¿QK At my age ... I am nailing Jello to the tree successfully
 tooyoung
Msg: 21
view profile
History
ARE WE TO OLD.......
Posted: 2/13/2008 2:43:46 PM
tweens!
Go for the young ones while you have the chance!
You can always hook up with the others at the "home"
 frontpagepic
Msg: 22
view profile
History
ARE WE TO OLD.......
Posted: 2/26/2008 7:12:02 AM
When is too old?... hmmm, I attempted to send you a message and guess what... "greywolf1 is not accepting messages from someone of your age or gender". Well, I'm 52... so 52 is too old?... or is that everybody over 50? Ouch!
 greywolf1
Msg: 23
view profile
History
ARE WE TO OLD.......
Posted: 2/29/2008 4:37:11 AM
Wow all great responds, i liked what everyone said....as for my age gender my business . This was a guestion about if we should stop dating at a certain age when i was told i was to old to date ....... not who or what age i should be dating !
 Joe_Lip
Msg: 24
view profile
History
ARE WE TO OLD.......
Posted: 2/29/2008 5:42:08 PM
Hi Greywolf1
And the winning answer issssssssssss LOL Never to old to be dating.
As long as you are single that is.LOL
Then again during one of those dates you might meet someone you like and
you never know, love, relationship, wedding bells. hahaha
Well you all stay safe now and happy dating everyone.
Joe
Show ALL Forums  > Quebec  > ARE WE TO OLD.......