Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 arri
Msg: 3
can guys and girls just be close friends or do they all secretly want to fuck you?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Men want to boink every woman that is boink worthy .. so .. if the female best friend is boink worthy .. the thought would cross our minds from time to time .. doesn't mean it stays there for long
 crystalise
Msg: 6
can guys and girls just be close friends or do they all secretly want to fuck you?
Posted: 8/8/2006 9:55:33 PM
I've got a male friend that never has wanted to, nor has never bought it up with me, even though I liked him once. In fact he gets uncomfortable if I even mock-flirt around him too much And yes I am talking about a pat on the shoulder. He has stated to his friends that he finds me attractive, smart and funny [ some of the key ingredients I would have thought but...] and he knows outright from my own words, over 7 months ago that I liked him 'more than friends' I dont feel that way anymore, he has become a good friend, but not once, in all that time, did he "go there" or try to hit on me that way. No there were no other females at the time, he simply said there was 'no spark' . Yet he still really enjoyed my company....[ and yes we know for sure hes not gay before you ask, he had other dates much later on] So yes it is possible that they all dont want to -------------- you...
 AtomicLove888
Msg: 13
view profile
History
can guys and girls just be close friends or do they all secretly want to fuck you?
Posted: 8/8/2006 11:18:38 PM
if you're attractive then yes.. if not, then they're tolerating you with the hope of one day boinking one of your friends.
 crystalise
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/9/2006 12:34:36 AM

And he doesn't have to "go there". We're taught to not cross that boundry. Especially with friends. From an early age. But that does nothing to stop the thoughts from happening. I
think "never brought it up with you" is key. Most won't. And many will lie to protect their reputation. "No, no, of course I'm not interested."

ubkobalt - we dated for a month about twice a week, and it start off as friendship and hangout. But as we went on and had such a great time, I bought it up. So the " it never got brought up" is not him being afraid to in order to protect his reputation etc

There's also the "Don't want to disrupt the friendship" factor. By not admitting or doing things that would disturb that.

This is probably more like it. But no he wouldnt be worried about bring up the sex factor earlier on in this scenario either, as I had already asked him about dating romantically. One tends to assume and to think [ guys as well as us gals] that when dating 'romantically', something physical is somewhere down the line. So he didnt need to be afriad to bring it up on the agenda then either

No, more like he wanted a friend. Didnt have any in the area, was relatively new to the area at that stage, and didnt want to jeopardise the whole " hang- out -with- a -new -friend -and make -other- friends" scene that was possible with us. So what Im saying is yeh it would have crossed his mind, sure, one has to think about something to even determine if its a negative, but he doesnt anymore, won't, and it is possible to hang out as there does come a point where you are too far in the friendship zone. I have stayed over at his house, my own room, and even when intoxicated, he hasnt tried anything. So it is possible to have male friends who wont try to ------- you. And I can honestly say I truly believe he doesnt want to, even though you say he may think about it now and then.
 borhan9
Msg: 17
Posted: 8/9/2006 1:26:11 AM
It is possible for guys and girls to be friends. It just depends on the 2.
 nipoleon
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2006 4:29:59 AM
When they're alone in bed with the lights out.......Yes.
 IdoAllmyOwnStunts
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2006 7:41:01 AM
at the very least we wonder what you'd be like in bed..thats why i never talk to Nuns.
 Adam Taylor
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2006 8:07:53 AM
I think it's perfectly natural for men and women to see someone they think of as extremely attractive, and wonder what it would be like to make love to them.

It happens to people all the time. And you can't really control those passing thoughts.
But, for the most part, they're harmless.

Now... what we CAN control... is wether or not we dwell on these thoughts.
If we act on them or not.

Most people might have a split second "what if" thought... but then they don't dwell on it. They ignore it.

It's the ones who can't that are a problem.
The ones who focus on such thoughts... who fantasize about a friend or whatever...
And the ones who would actually act upon such thoughts...

Some people are a lot more open and honest about it too.
I've had a number of women friends (and a couple of gay guy friends) tell me that they'd love to **** me because they think I'm all sexy and stuff.
I simply take it as a compliment. I know they'd never act on it. Because if they did... well, they wouldn't be my friend anymore. :p
 Pyke
Msg: 24
Posted: 8/9/2006 9:09:51 AM
Depends.

I don't necessarily want to have sex with all my female friends; as generally (at 20) sex is not high up on my priority list. (Depending of course on the time of day, and a few other mitigating factors).

Most of the time I'm thinking about girls, I'm thinking in terms of relationships, not sex, though obviously as someone pointed out, sex is generally a by-product of relationships more then the reverse.

Now, with the question, do I actively think about my close friend's in the sense of would I go out with them/sleep with them, as I said, it depends. I befriend girls that have features I like (honest, caring, bright, loyal, kind). Since I tend to place a high premium on these features, it's only natural that every once in a while you see them as someone worth dating. Hell, I was pursuing one last night.

In that regard, I don't think close friends with the opposite gender can ever have no attraction for guys, ever, even if we never admit to it. It just doesn't make sense. To be close friends you have to like the features they have - and if that's the case why wouldn't you want to be dating them?

The only real case I suppose is where one finds the other significantly more attractive then the mutual feeling - resulting in one of the friends who wants the relationship and the other who doesn't, or where the girl "just wants to be friends" which never really made sense to me.

Good enough to trust with your life secrets but not good enough to date - where are your priorities? :)
 BlueRoze
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2006 6:44:12 PM
I don't think all male friends think about it...... when i was younger I had alot of male friends... mostly because I was a tomboy and still am to a point ( i do still like to dress up etc... and do alot of "female stereotypical things") I like woodworking, autobody, fishing, construction and have worked in those areas.... I was such good friends with the guys that alot of times they would forget i was a girl/woman ...... we'd be outside at work and one of them would nudge me after a girl rides by on a bike and say something like "man wouldn't you like to be the seat on that bike" or we'd be out at the bar and one would ask me to check out the "knockers " on some girl....... most times i would sit there thinking to myself " what am i chopped liver" LOL but I didn't really mind cause I seemed to have alot more in common with the guys than most girls because of my intrests/work/hobbies. When I would hang out with my female friends I found that we had very little to talk about .... other than Men and maybe shopping.
 dogar2007
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2006 8:53:06 PM
If he is unattached and uninvolved, and you are an attractive, intelligent, single woman with a "together" life and a good sense of humor and a good heart, then yes, he wants you or else he is gay. He is keeping his hat in the ring, hoping for a better shot at some possible future date.

If you are not the above things, then yeah, maybe he just likes having somebody to share his pizza with and has no guy friends for some unfathomable reason.
 Roamingsiris
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2006 9:19:46 PM
Well...

Your pretty good looking, so I would say that at least a few of your 'friends' want to get in bed with you. They might not be too intrested in dating, but Ill gaurntee that at least a few of them want you.

However, most likly not all of them.

For example, I know this girl. Lets call her Sheyna. (Lets call her that, because thats her name, duh.) Shes very attractive. Ok. Shes smoking hot. (a 9 for sure) Now, I wouldnt ever want to get her in bed, because she has the MOST annoying laugh. And, her voice is WAY aggrivating. Shes a cool girl, but, once she says anything I just couldnt....

And...

I kinda like it when they talk a little....
 arri
Msg: 43
can guys and girls
Posted: 8/10/2006 3:53:01 PM
A few martinis ... 2 or 3 slow months .. and hell .. lets just do it and get over the hump ... no pun intended
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  >