Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  > how many emails do you girls get?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CA-Anthony2
Msg: 101
how many emails do you girls get?Page 5 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Are we including rejection emails as well? (LOL)

Let's see, since I've been on POF, I would say I got 2 emails, 7 rejection. Yea, that's about right.

I'm close to giving up too, I guess I'm more hideous than the average bear.
 StarDesignLady
Msg: 102
how many emails do you girls get?
Posted: 11/27/2006 5:46:06 PM
I don't get any from this site and very few from others.
 coffy
Msg: 103
Posted: 11/27/2006 5:48:36 PM
i GET TO MANY FROM MEN THAT ARE 'TOO FAST'...

ITS A TURN OFF.

OR THEY ARE TOO OLD... ANOTHER TURN OFF.
OR THEY ARE TOO YOUNG... ANOTHER TURN OFF.
OR THEY ARE MARRIED, RECENTLY SEPERATED/DIVORCED.. GOING THROUGH A DIVORCE...

OR THEY ARE LOOKING JUST FOR A 'GOOD TIME''

JUST TURN OFFS. BUT WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM A FREE DATING SITE???

I EXPECT RESPECT AND TO BE TREATED LIKE A LADY.
 swedishcarrina
Msg: 104
Posted: 11/27/2006 6:39:56 PM
I have been on the site for 4 days and so far I have gotten about 30 a day.
 sugarbandit
Msg: 105
Posted: 11/27/2006 7:39:57 PM
I get 3 to 5 a day and made some cool friends. The only time I wont answer is if they look mean in there profile and or saying something like "Where are all the good women anyway"...
 Suelynnslovecafe
Msg: 106
Posted: 11/27/2006 8:08:39 PM
Depends on the day. I have been doing pretty well given that I have only placed an assexual flower picture in the ad. and my profile deliberately turns off people who are looking for a quick hook-up. I am very satisfied with my new profile which has attracted some very intelligent responses. Sometimes I email guys when I spot something interesting in their profiles. I think I will probably attract more hits if I take some good pictures and post them in my profile. Oh well. That's just a thought. Dating is a number's game; but I want to take it slow since I've got many other interesting things to do everyday and don't want to spend all the time sitting in front of puter! lol.

Happy fishing everybody.
 Scifigeekgal
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2006 10:21:18 PM
Hmmm I probably get 1 or 2 a day, on the weekends I may average a little more. It really depends on what is happening.
 designchapel
Msg: 108
Posted: 11/28/2006 6:04:51 AM
your ratio is way off dude. You're asking women on one forum how many emails a day they get and somehow comparing that to a ratio of 50/50 male and female inhabitants on a planet?

Yet somehow all the females on the planet are not available? Where are you getting these numbers from and who really cares how many emails a day these women get? Maybe I'm missing how their enlightening answers are going to help you discover that more females on the planet are available than your obvious misunderstanding will lead one to believe?

In "MOST" given online scenarios, men will out number women. The gap of computer literacy is definitely closing, but most men and women use the internet and computers on a whole for different reasons. I'm a member of 5-7 work related forums and 2 "kicks and giggles" forums, excluding POF and not one of these has a balanced ratio. Not even close. All see a higher percentage of males on the forums and males posting and starting threads vs women. It's just a fact of online communities.

What do women do in the real world? Well it definitely would not be be using an internet service as their sole means of getting a date.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2006 10:57:44 AM
The sad reality of men women relations, is that often women have the upper hand. Let me explain. Should I want sex, all I have to do is get in the shower and head downtown, give me an hour and I could find a man to have sex with, this even allows for a reasonable buffer for pratical screening. Now mind you, I have never met a woman that did that.

Should a man want sex (and hopefully he is unattached when he decides to do this...), he is going to have to take a lot longer time to find a prospect, then get a woman to actually speak with him, let alone have sex with him. He could pay a hooker. Or he could take a woman out and spend a lot of money on her.

The terrible tragedy for men is, that they actually think about sex on average of once every few minutes, whereas women think about it much less. This has created a situation of power for the female, which she relinquishes when she gives in sexually too easily. This is why we now see trails of bitter women, used and tossed aside. Wary and unhappy.
 talloutdrsygal
Msg: 110
Posted: 11/28/2006 11:27:13 AM
too many from guys that apparently don't read my profile!!!!
 army-guy35
Msg: 111
Posted: 11/29/2006 12:50:16 AM
thats too bad talloutdrysgal, cause other than me being 2 yrs too young, your profile seems perfect for me, Oh well
 talloutdrsygal
Msg: 112
Posted: 11/29/2006 9:13:32 AM
you didn't read my profile too carefully, army-guy35...
 NewGirlInTown2
Msg: 113
Posted: 2/28/2007 12:07:51 AM
You seem like a very sweet women. Just a suggestion for you after I read your profile. Get rid of all the emicons, they are far to distracting. It's hard to concentrate and take what your saying seriously with all that going on! Good luck Girl At Heart, be patient and maybe through some jokes in there, men respond to humor ( not as much as whorish pics, but then some of us have morals!!!) All in due time, you'll find what your looking for. Cheers
 tgarcia1977
Msg: 114
Posted: 2/28/2007 12:22:22 AM
I get about the same as you.
 tgarcia1977
Msg: 115
Posted: 2/28/2007 12:25:23 AM
Sure, I will email him first. I am not shy. If he sounds nice- I will say hello.
 Rayray510
Msg: 116
Posted: 2/28/2007 12:41:41 AM
I'm a man and trust me i send alot of emails out to woman but for some reason i never get a response and if i do its like 2 out of 10 emails i sent out. whats the deal am I that ugly or what? Woman are very confusing, im not saying men aren't but woman are.. lol.. Can someone give me some advice on this... Whats wrong with me or with my profile. help me out...
 wellhereweare
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2007 3:58:00 AM
Misty,
Let me ask if you don't mind. When I wrote my profile here it took a while but I just started writing about things that I thought a great life would be like with real love to me and I never get emails, well maybe 1 or 2 a month but usually from what seems like desperate or homely women when I prefer beauty and brains, ambition and courage, outgoing and thoughtful, I need a foxy woman with class and sensitivity. NOT BREASTS HANGING OUT OF THEIR SHIRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does my profile come across as a load of shit? Is it scaring off the true women? Or are there any real women on this site? Is finding a real life partner just a dream I am having? Or should I go back to the old fashioned way of going to the shopping malls? I mean women do like buying stuff right? Is clothes shopping a better bet?

I don't really want to talk to any men but if you have constructive critisism go ahead and help me out. I have been single for two years now after 16 years of marriage, finalized FEB. 16th 07'. Am I a lame ass for writing from the heart or should I profile bullshit manliness?

I seem to get better results from match.com where you have to pay to be on, my profile or user name there is matchmetoadream. There, my first post
 LonnaStarr
Msg: 118
Posted: 2/28/2007 5:28:05 AM
Wellhereweare I don't get it. hmmm, let me try and tie this all together. I'm on I think 114 favorites lists and almost all of them have emailed me, a lot still do. I receive on average anywhere from 7 - 15 emails a day. Now I consider that quite a few but I do try and respond to all, it says that in my profile. It says a lot in my profile and the common thread in most of my emails (other than I'm sexy or gorgeous but I figure they say that so I'll write em back) is that they really enjoyed reading my profile. And it's long! Frankly I loved your profile. And you're good looking! Mine is longer but I know these guys read it. And ya know what? Someone like me (only younger) is going to read your profile and get tears in her eyes just like I did because she knows you're speaking to her.

So to bring this back to the topic, I truly believe that my profile has a lot to do with the sheer volume (she says with tongue firmly planted in cheek.) of emails I receive. And I've met and am still chatting with many of them who I consider friends.

So if anyone's not getting any, {emails that is;-} don't blame the "women" or the "men", check out your profile! Would you write to you?

Wellhereweare? Hang in there because she's here. She's gonna find you. Methinks a lot easier here than on a paying site. The one thing I do have which is commented on a lot is humor. Ya might wanna punch it up a bit. Too serious is, well, too serious!
 asianace10
Msg: 119
Posted: 2/28/2007 7:42:38 AM
I have been receiving about 5 to 10 emails a day on this site; on CL one day I posted for a 3 hour period and received about 65 emails; the draw for guys to dating sites in my opinion is for a casual hookup, and speaking for myself that does not interest me even a tiny bit; what I do in the real world is remain positive and patient and unavailable until the "right man" comes along and I grab him.
 asianace10
Msg: 120
Posted: 2/28/2007 7:52:09 AM
Yes your analysis is very accurate, for women it is very easy to have a physical encounter with a gentleman if we so desire; we have more power in these situations than men, we choose whom we want and when; and it is true it takes most men much longer to achieve the "hookup" and even if he does spend alot of money on a woman there is no guarantee of success; for those ladies that feel bitter toward men that were only interested in the "hookup" please get over it, respect and love yourself, say yes I made a few mistakes, don't repeat the mistake and bring "sex" to the table, remain positive and patient and save yourself for a man that truly loves you; the truth for some women is that we can fall in love through the physical act, so we need to use our minds before we use our bodies; I have found that the men in my past that truly loved me, had absolutely no problem waiting for SEX; I appreciate your insights.
 asianace10
Msg: 121
Posted: 2/28/2007 7:58:06 AM
As a lady I am interested in what a gentleman thinks especially about religion and his personal values, not just his physical stats or what he does for work; so I definitely respond to substance; so the more a gentleman tells me about what he thinks about the world and God and what books he reads or how he works with a charity or is interested in helping homeless persons that is what wakes me up and take notice of him. I am truly not interested in his jet skiing or motorcycles or his corvette. So maybe this helps.
 HGH
Msg: 122
Posted: 2/28/2007 9:09:29 AM

Dont think you got it made in the shade. Because when it come down to it we have the final say. Furthermore if you dont give in to us by the time you hit 35 or so you start to go down hill fast and then guys wont want you anyway.

Oh please...
 Baba_Ganoosh
Msg: 123
Posted: 2/28/2007 9:42:28 AM
1st thing anyone on this site looks for is PYHSICAL APPEARANCE. it's really not what you write. 3/4 of the people on this site can barely write...let alone care enough to actually read your profile. it's much easier to wet the lips than fill the mind tank.

I think the majority of women will agree - the less your wear + provocative pose = exponentially increasing supply of retarded e-mails.

it's a fact of life, but made easier on the net. i mean, how many of these same guys who write shit like that ("yer hot", "i want u", "when are we gonna do it", "wanna see my winkie?") would have the guts to come up to the same picture-posted hottie in real life??

why don't we start this thread over with something more comical, like "POF tales of 1st impressions by retards" with ladies submitting 'cut and paste' portions of saved ommitted author's emails that will have an audience wetting their pants...

Who's Down?

/Baba Out/
 Piano4te
Msg: 124
Posted: 2/28/2007 10:19:44 AM
^^^^^^ Agreed.....and even if you don't put a picture, all you need to do is put how good you look in a bikini, how many times you work out a week, and give a 'verbal visual' description of yourself in your profile, while subsequently telling people in your profile that you don't want to be judged by your looks, because you don't want it to be about the physical.......to pretty much acheive the same result....

All this and more as to why I don't email first.....

Foolishly, I still expect somebody to read what I wrote.......
 luvnlife2
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2007 11:03:36 AM
I got a lot when I first signed up but the number has declined now. Unfortunately almost all of the e-mails were from people who did not meet my requirements. My profile clearly states what I am looking for.

Most men say nothing about themselves in their e-mails. Also their profiles don't say much about themselves either. If you guys want to meet women you need to make an effort to write a decent profile that tells us who you are.
Show ALL Forums  > California  > how many emails do you girls get?