Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 randomstoic
Msg: 166
how many emails do you girls get?Page 8 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Could your problem be that you are young, literate, and grounded? Your picture might be attracting everyone from Groucho Marx (arisen from the grave and more charming than communism) to little Johnny Travolta, Jr. (with his own manacial grimace). In so many ways they say beauty opens doors (or, more to the point, gets stamps, permits, & official-looking letters when travelling abroad), but it would appear in the virtual universe it generate nothing but more sifting, sorting, and paperwork.

The real problem might also be that you look for five lessons learned from the past because sometimes these lessons come with stories and some men not be as ready to divulge and betray themselves in an initial e-mail. Yes, some fellow might like this sense like Levin in Anna Karenina that moral and spiritual nudity can set them apart, but this also can make us blind to ourselves. If we make our confessions too public and rehearsed, we begin to lose track of ourselves in our own stories. Just look at Woody Allen.

But look at the bright side, you don't have fifty e-mail from Professor John Mumba from the Chad offering you an unclaimed $50,000,0000 in Swiss accounts because cold fustion by some miracle lessened the production cost of Snicker-doodles in his country. I wonder what the futures market for this must be?
 randomstoic
Msg: 167
how many emails do you girls get?
Posted: 3/22/2007 1:16:52 PM
That is strange because my impression would be with the exception of the few men who put Achilles to shame, men tend to receive fewer e-mails (well, at least enough to respond to). The only e-mails which I don't respond to come from the Maldives, India, and Russia. I received one from Sweden once, but it was clearly a trick.

I would definately respond to any e-mail from Iceland (even from Professor Gretchen Garbonzo), just to put it on my c.v.
 sddude
Msg: 170
Posted: 5/9/2007 10:28:20 AM
no mail in two years and sent out hundreds of letters , women quit your wining , you at least get mail , guys do not , because most women do not do the first move anyhow .

Even if you women get like one letter a week you are blowing doors past the guys , virtually all guys have no success here , except a couple of people .

Women have it good everywhere, in bars , in college , on sites like this , all you have to do is sit back get mails sort though erase and choose, even bad e-mails are very potential dates , I wish I even got bad and superficial e-mails , at least I would know I was attracted to someone here.

I have never sent a one liner out of all of my e-mails sent , I only write well thought of paragraphs after reading the profile

The outside wold women are still in charge as far as dating goes , they have their choice out of the barrage of suitors , a guy can spend weeks without speaking with a woman since he is still the one to make first contact.

I get dates in real life but I have to work very very hard at it even have to have a little system .
 sddude
Msg: 174
Posted: 5/10/2007 9:52:23 AM
Thanks cooky , hugs back to you
 Pete73052
Msg: 178
Posted: 5/10/2007 9:21:41 PM
New record for me - I got 48 emails in one day - from 6 different women... OK - it makes up for some of the days I get none at all...
 Pete73052
Msg: 180
Posted: 5/11/2007 12:46:34 PM
http://www.geocities.com/wermosguidetohuttese/
 Pete73052
Msg: 186
Posted: 6/5/2007 7:26:56 PM

too bad I live so far away

OK... but, you know this is the California forum... and you're in Indiana, right?
 Pete73052
Msg: 202
Posted: 6/8/2007 8:28:51 AM

Pete, sorry to say when I posted, I didn't realize this was a California forum, couldn't help myself, I am a big fan of Eeeek, which led me to the California forum. You will probably be seeing me more often. Hi Eeek

Sorry, I didn't notice this - and I wasn't ignoring you (we only ignore New Yorkers here). You are, of course, welcome here - and of course we're all big fans of Eeek...
 Pete73052
Msg: 213
Posted: 6/10/2007 2:28:48 PM
Just wondering... when ISN'T fantasy better than reality?
 Wreckless1
Msg: 214
Posted: 6/10/2007 11:21:20 PM
..a helluva lot more then guys do...
 kjamesb
Msg: 229
Posted: 8/1/2007 8:51:25 AM

i think what it really comes down to is basic instincts. in the wild, like with animals on the dicovory channel, during mating, what happens??? the males always try to impress the females and they gotta do all the work to get the female while the females just chill out and enjoy the attention until they decide they found one worth mating with. same thing in our world, you dont see the girls hitting me up telling me what up cutie, you like to party. its nature. girls can just wait around and things will come their way and its up to the men to go after it. its how we are programed. so naturally the girls are the ones that should be bombarded with emails. and the guys just wait for the reply.

I'm not sure that it's nature and not socialization. I think women expect us to be the pursuers because they know we will. Here's an interestng experiment: ALL SINGLE GUYS all over the world stop pursuing ladies. How long do you think it would take before they started pursuing us in earnest? A month? Two tops? Women have the same basic needs for companionship as we do. Of course we'd ALL have to do that. It'll never happen. -sigh-
 fancynanci
Msg: 230
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2008 4:02:51 PM
I get a ton of emails. Literally.
 Miss W
Msg: 235
Posted: 1/10/2008 9:17:47 PM
Swimsuits are more appreciated than lampshades.
 Miss W
Msg: 237
Posted: 1/10/2008 9:35:16 PM

And lampshades are probably more appreciated than birds in your hair.

Oh the pearls of wisdom from the Boomergirl.

OT: Lampshades yield less email but surprisingly more substance.
 Miss W
Msg: 240
Posted: 1/10/2008 9:54:48 PM
^^And less crappy emails too.
 lindacool34
Msg: 242
Posted: 1/11/2008 12:17:05 AM
I get very few emails from this site. The majority from this site are men who want sex partners. Not my interest.
 Miss W
Msg: 245
Posted: 1/11/2008 12:36:14 PM

Don't hide your light under a lampshade...!

A paper bag perhaps?
 eye4light
Msg: 246
Posted: 1/11/2008 3:19:19 PM
...maybe I should put the picture of me with my boobs back up?

Oh my goodness! They fell off? I'm glad you were able to put them back up where they belong. Whew!
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 251
Posted: 7/23/2013 8:35:28 PM
"It has been quite overwhelming since I joined a week ago. "

Yes, and not only have you already have mastered the Forums, which most people don't even know about, but you found a 6 year-old dormant thread in another state and revived it !

"I think I am getting so many responses in part because I have a well written profile ."

More like 2% writing, 98% boobs.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 253
Posted: 7/24/2013 7:42:50 AM
Fake pics and profile ???
Oh man, you just destroyed my world.
I hope I can get a refund on my one-way ticket to Frisco Texas.
Whatever you do, PLEASE don't tell me that the boobs are fake too . That would be more than I could take :(
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 255
Posted: 7/31/2013 7:22:34 AM
"I am way too busy getting my nails done to read all of them. :)"

What a great idea.
Men should get THEIR nails done too, then we can meet the pretty women at the nail salon:)
Maybe that will become the "new" coffee date. A nail date!
 WomanInSF
Msg: 257
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2013 2:48:52 PM
I stopped getting emails after my profile became about 3 months old. I can go a week without a single email, and the ones I do receive are typically not the ones I'd like to receive. Maybe my pictures are bad, or my profile is not written well... Not sure.... Maybe both.....

It's a good thing that I am not obsessed about it :-)
 appchap
Msg: 258
Posted: 10/31/2013 10:33:50 AM
Wow this has been informative. I never get e-mails and barely get a reply to the ones I send, it's actually sort of embarrassing and unfortunate. I really want to communicate with the women, but it's discouraging and draining taking the time write solid e-mails and introductions when there is such a small chance that the women will write you back or even read the e-mails I send. So after a while I feel like I'm playing a numbers game, like I'm a door to door salesman or something, not a good feeling. I thought something was wrong with me, but it looks like the girls on the site are just bombarded by suitors. Too bad, I really wanted to give this a shot, I've heard some good stories about online dating, but I honestly feel the old fashioned way probably works better for me, and it is definitely healthier from a mental stand-point. I guess when the girls ask "what happened to the nice guys?" It looks like they were buried in a stack of e-mails :-(
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 259
Posted: 10/31/2013 10:44:21 AM
App- You might benefit a lot from a profile overhaul. You look to me like a good prospect, but you have to remember that online dating is all about marketing, and you need to up your game to grab their attention. You live in a prime area for meeting lots of women, but it doesn't hurt to have some online introductions as well.
I would suggest that you write more on your profile, and write some things that will arouse a woman's curiosity, enough so that she sends you a message to learn more about you. That's how you get the ball rolling.
Good luck.
 sddude
Msg: 260
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2013 11:15:39 AM
For years I would send 100's of e-mails a month and not quickie e-mails , never had any responses, I have stopped for years and still it has been years that i have received one from a woman that is interested. but my female friends do get like 50 a week and she no longer goes to the site, it has been years.
Show ALL Forums  > California  >