Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Jewlsey*
Msg: 19
Lying, cheating, stealing etc.Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I use to wonder about people like that. Why some people think nothing of hurting another...I don't anymore. I just steer clear of them. Life is way too short.
 professora
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Lying, cheating, stealing etc.
Posted: 12/17/2013 6:18:00 PM
have you considered the possibility that the person suffers from Kleptomania?

There's no cure...read the info on this---in case this it what you are referring to. Kleptomania is a sickness that even the person suffering from kleptomania cant control. Treatment has never been successful according to what I learned in research.

Smiley587
Msg: 24
Posted: 12/17/2013 6:27:21 PM
"those" people do it because they are selfish losers. They con us into wanting to help them, to believe and of course, if we are vulnerable, we get suckered in. I still see the same people online playing Mr. Charming in order to score . I was a victim as well. He is living with "her" and while she is working in order to support him as well, he is online wooing his next victim and he will move on once he has taken all he can from her. he wants a free ride
 Alphacuck
Msg: 25
Posted: 12/17/2013 8:18:37 PM
I'm guessing that the OP figured out whatever there was to figure out SEVEN years ago! LOL
 sigungq
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2013 4:55:03 PM
Lying......... Cheating........... Stealing?????????? I wondered when the subject of the government and their banker buddies was going to come up.............
 professora
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2014 11:04:18 PM
Your words are so fitting---> I unknowingly entered into a relationship that amplified what you wrote about sociopaths. very hurtful and destructive. I could have copied and pasted all of what you wrote but the last sentence says it all:

Callousness/Lack of Empathy
Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them
 Szaszaspasz
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2014 7:08:12 AM
Lying......... Cheating........... Stealing?????????? I wondered when the subject of the government and their banker buddies was going to come up.............

"We hang the petty thieves and elect the great ones to office"

Sigungq, I wish I could say I made that quote up, but I read it somewhere.

Politics : Poli is Latin for "many", "various." Tics are those bloodsucking little creatures that get under your skin.
 daynadaze
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2014 12:24:23 PM
Not every lying, cheating, stealing freak show is a sociopath, that is the more unbalanced end of the scale. Some people have that character trait, be it thinking they've been had or just never taught to care for others, or most likely, born that way (as in being a sociopath). The lack of empathy, self-absorption, and neediness are the common traits, whether one is a true sociopath or just someone you don't want to be around. They do it because they can, because they often get away with it and because there are always, always those around who put up with it, need it for their own drama, or are also like that. Truth is, very few would get away with it if others weren't willing participants. Someone can fool you once, because you weren't looking for a jerk, but after that, if you go along with it then for whatever reason you seem to need it or want it in your life. You can't pick your family but you can choose how much you allow them in your life and you most certainly can choose who to make friends & lovers with, you have 100% control there. So if you think you why me? often, you need to get help for yourself, no one can treat you badly unless you are allowing it. You are not a victim, unless you have no control over a situation, like a child or having someone commit a crime involving you, but if you have chosen to be around or with someone who harms you, then you are a willing participant who gets attention for being a professional victim.
 daynadaze
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2014 4:47:41 PM
It is sad, but many of them don't see it that way, they think others are the ones with the problem. And a lot of things can happen to send someone down that path; abuse, neglect, drugs & alcohol, head injury, it could happen to a lot of people.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >