Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > POF MAIL: Received email notification that I had POF mail, but nothin      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ticketoride
Msg: 20
uhhhPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
The reason I ask for a trail is not as a courtesy to the violator, I ask so that other users who may be in contact with them can make informed decisions.

This "Trail" would have huge Overhead in Terms of Resources and Administration.

Do you disagree that members that have not violated any TOS agreements that were in contact with TOS violators would be best served by knowing if someone they are in contact with uploaded a revealing picture instead of attempted identity theft or something?

No. You (POF Users) would not be better served, as the Admin's Resources are far better expended upgrading, streamlining and modifying the Site, other Concerns of higher Priority.

Every day ... Thousands, if not Tens of Thousands of Profiles are deleted for many different Reasons. Some are for Spammers & Scammers, others for ceaselessly trolling the Forums, Multiple Accounts, Fake Profiles, as well as cumulative Deletions for various Terms of Service/User Agreement Infractions. In some Instances, the Reasons may not be crystal clear, as the Site Filters are constantly undergoing Review and Revisions. Some Account Removals are entirely Confidential, esp. those dealing with Security and Espionage related Attacks on the Site.

Most of these Offenses are committed by Fake Profiles anywho. Consequently there would be more than 1 Reason or Explanation for
such Profile Terminations. To construct and administer such a Database for over 8 Million Users to serve up Reports is simply not realistically possible.
 CATE441
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Received email that I had POF mail, but nothing is there.
Posted: 7/8/2007 10:13:34 AM
Good morning!
I am just broken hearted! I have been waiting and waiting for one person to answer my e-mail to him. Today, I received a message saying, "check mail". and I couldn't wait to see it. Big disappointment when nothing was there. I am trying to understand this sight and learn as much as possible. But, I just don't understand what is going on. I also checked my sent mail to him and it is there but says, "unread". I think that means that he just hasn't read his new mail yet. Is this correct? I checked my profile to see if it was still O.K., and I guess it is as it is still there. I just want to be able to injoy this sight and the members on it. I did receive a message from another gentleman, I replied, and also nothing back from him. However in the sent mail section, it says he did read it. Just let me know what it is I am doing wrong. Thanks for listening!!
 Ticketoride
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/8/2007 10:21:11 AM
Today, I received a message saying, "check mail". and I couldn't wait to see it. Big disappointment when nothing was there.

Related Links:Email: Notification, nothing is there
E-Mail Notifications, but no E-Mail
Mail Settings: Distance Restriction

I also checked my sent mail to him and it is there but says, "unread". I think that means that he just hasn't read his new mail yet. Is this correct?

Correct. He hasn't read your Mail yet.

I did receive a message from another gentleman, I replied, and also nothing back from him. However in the sent mail section, it says he did read it.

Not everybody will reply back.
 CATE441
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2007 12:43:01 PM
Thank you for easing my mind!

May I ask you just one more question? Where did the message go that you said I had in my "Inbox."???
 yayawhatever
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2007 1:02:46 PM
Have you blocked anyone? Or have you noticed any messages in your inbox with a blank space for a username, or a message just suddenly gone?

The "1 message" can occur when someone you have just blocked sends a message, but it can't get to your box, or a deleted user sends a message very close to the time they deleted their profile or it was deleted by the system. It also occurs if you have multiple windows open and the next window has not yet refreshed. Internet Explorer 7 is notorious for showing old cached information and not refreshing normally.

I just ran a test. The "1 message" kept appearing whenever I copied and pasted a members profile to review it. A cached page is just showing what was there the first time I visited it. Changed option to "everytime I visit the page" and deleted cache and cookies and the "1 message" disappeared. Its just remembering what was there the first time it was viewed.

I've seen a multitude of success with weird issues with Internet Explorer 7 resolved by going to Internet Options and then on the general tab under browsing history (in IE 6 its Tempory Internet Files) clicking on the settings button and changing, "Check for newer versions of stored pages" to "every visit to the page", then deleting cookies and refreshing the page.
 someplace***
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/8/2007 1:29:31 PM
May I ask you just one more question? Where did the message go that you said I had in my "Inbox."???

It may have been a message from an abusive user or a spammer, who was removed from this site by the admin.

Sometimes if a person's been abusing the rules of this site, (such as sending spam or abussive messages to numerous people) the admin will delete the person's profile, and all of the messages they've sent will also be removed from the recipient's inboxes.

When you recieved an email saying you had mail here, did it say the name of the person who sent you a message?
Perhaps you could do a "user- search" for that person's name? If you are unable to find them, it means the admin removed their profile.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 26
Posted: 7/31/2007 5:21:39 AM

Related Links:Email: Notification, nothing is there
E-Mail: Lost, Disappeared & Deleted Mail
Cannot see my E-Mails from another Computer
 kell1986
Msg: 27
Posted: 8/15/2007 9:19:05 PM
i received an email in my private email that i had POF mail but when i checked it theres nothing there. Not even any of the messages that i have already read. but if i go onto the computer that i set the account up on and log in i can see the new message and all my other messages. is there anything i can to to fix it so i can read my messages from other computers?
 Ticketoride
Msg: 28
Posted: 8/16/2007 1:03:15 AM
if i go onto the computer that i set the account up on and log in i can see the new message and all my other messages.

Click on the E-Mail Logout and well as the Forum Logout.

Delete all Cookies and Temporary Internet Files.

Change your Password if its the same as your Online one.

Then log back in again.
Related Links:Profiles: Different Users logging in using the same Computer
Mail Settings: E-Mail Notifications
 shampers
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2007 11:59:09 AM
recceived email that i have been added as a favourite but when i go to check i havent been added .......
 Ticketoride
Msg: 30
Posted: 10/22/2007 12:36:38 PM
recceived email that i have been added as a favourite but when i go to check i havent been added

1.Close your Browser, delete your Cookies and Temporary Internet Files and log back onto POF.

2.Log into your E-Mail, and go to your Who Loves Me Page.

3.Hold < Ctrl > + hit F5 to refresh the Page, and see if any new Faces have cropped up recently.

If you can not locate the new User on the List, then:

• That User removed you from their Favourites List

• That User E-Mail Blocked you subsequently.

• Hid his Profile.

• That User Deleted his/her Account

• That User was deleted by the Admin or the System.

• You have more than 100 Users on your Who Loves Me Page, and that User has dropped off down below the bottom of the Page.

• Related Links:WhoLovesMe List Discrepancies & Hidden Users
    Favourites: People disappearing from your List?
    Favourites: Notification User added, but not there
    Favourites: Cannot add Users
     Ladyhawke050
    Msg: 31
    view profile
    History
    Posted: 10/23/2007 4:50:38 PM
    QUESTION: I sent a message to someone,,,press send and received the "message sent",,,but it did not show up in my sent messages,,,,why???? Any one have any ideas or suggestions,,,,,

E-Mail: Contact Restrictions
     HIPHAP
    Msg: 32
    Posted: 1/12/2008 7:01:19 AM
    K'...

I Do Not Want Any More Email Notifications
    You can stop message notifications (sent out when you get a message) in Mail Settings on plentyoffish.com. Unfortunately you cannot stop the latest matches emails usually sent out on Mondays - if these are a problem we'll remove your account upon request.

I am requesting that you remove the 'latest matches emails usually sent out on Mondays" ... not sure where else to request this, you seem to know what's goin' on here so i thought i'd start with you... if it isin't you... do you know where i might request such and action? tx in advance
     TexRodeoGirl
    Msg: 33
    view profile
    History
    Posted: 1/12/2008 7:14:20 AM
    At the top of your inbox page, there is a mail settings link, click that. Close to the bottom of the page there is a place where you put your email for new email notifications. There is an option for yes/no there to receive them. Just tick off the one you want.
     HIPHAP
    Msg: 34
    Posted: 1/14/2008 2:54:19 PM
    yeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaa!

Nope.... tx there Rodeo Gal... but i would still like to recieve email notifications of potential prospects BUT not from POF re: 'i have new matches' or it's 'this week match list' ... what ever it says... was wondering how to tell admin how shut that off for my account. Ya? tx again...
    ps. tipped my truck in Novemeber (long story, and a good one) and the towtruck operator (and his family)was into |Rodeo bigtime, barrells ect... it is a heck of alot more complicated then i thought....

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
     Wiked-Tinker
    Msg: 35
    Posted: 7/17/2008 9:29:32 PM
    Yes where did all the emails go that have been sent to me the4 last two weeks that i have been outta town?
    All the profiles are still there just the email that was sent to me is gone. I'll chalk it up to the mysteries of the universe.

Paul
     lEE72143
    Msg: 36
    FAQ - Received email notification that I had POF mail, but nothing is there.
    Posted: 8/13/2011 11:02:43 PM
    I'm having the same problem except the users havw an active profile on POF. Also it won't let me delete msg. I've read. WHAT'S UP WITH THE SITE????????????????????
    Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > POF MAIL: Received email notification that I had POF mail, but nothing is there.