Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > How About You??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Raven34
Msg: 1
How About You??Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
How about YOU??.....are you jaded/discouraged about the whole relationship thing, just putting in time venting and complaining about the opposite sex OR are you truly thinking you could meet some decent people here either as friends or maybe lovers??

Inquiring minds want to know.
 astrosky
Msg: 2
view profile
History
How About You??
Posted: 3/12/2005 1:04:28 PM
Both! Dating is kind of like birthdays - I know better than to get excited and hope for a good one but still a part of me does.
 Raven34
Msg: 3
How About You??
Posted: 3/12/2005 6:14:35 PM
I am a little of both as well.....sometimes when you've had the 50th inappropiate email of the day you start to feel alittle discouraged and wonder if anyone can have a friggin conversation anymore....but then that one comes along that shows he is intelligent, funny and can actually talk about various topics, so faith is restored once again. Will I find a forever "mate" online??.....who the heck knows but I do know that I have made some forever "friends" from online and that is a nice bonus. I must admit that I am REALLY enjoying the forums here and getting to know some of you alittle better through your responses.
 Sir James
Msg: 4
How About You??
Posted: 3/12/2005 9:31:11 PM
No I'm not jaded. I'd like to believe this will work. I'm not a barfly and I'm so busy with my work and volunteering, I find it difficult to get to where I might find eliligble women.

People you've got to remember that you have to be patient and quiet to catch fish. The only one who can jump into the water and make a lot of noise and thrash about and still catch fish is a grizzley bear.
 pbannister
Msg: 5
How About You??
Posted: 3/13/2005 8:00:46 PM
The answer is simple. If you are a girl, there are a likely a lot more guys here than girls, so odds are good you can meet someone you like.

On the other hand, if you are a guy, keep in mind that for some reason girls are far less likely to try a forum like this, so the odds are pretty much against you. Not worth getting worked up about, just set your expectations accordingly.

The collorary is that any girls still here after any length of time are likely to have ... er, "issues". (I know saying this is enormously unfair to girls to which this does not apply).

The question (for a guy) is how to find all those other girls ... and someone who might be in some way compatible. The local mega-church has a social group (if you are into that sort of thing). There are some industries where the employees are more often female (not true of software or engineering companies, as I can attest :) ).

Otherwise ... hmmm.
 Sliv
Msg: 6
How About You??
Posted: 3/16/2005 12:30:12 PM
I think I have a lot of past hurt to deal with before I can have a quality relationship, but my presence here and elsewhere keeps my options open.
 d-belle
Msg: 7
How About You??
Posted: 6/23/2005 6:47:15 PM
I am going back and forth on this one. I want a date, but I would really like to make some friends on here because that's how I feel you can make the best connections with people. I don't want to date just anyone though, so maybe I'm just too picky. I'm new at this dating thing. I'm not sure how it all works.

I've been on here a couple of weeks and so far I'm getting not much response........it can be a bit discouraging for sure. Perhaps more involvement on the forums will get me some connections - that's what I'm aiming for.
 kitchensink
Msg: 8
view profile
History
How About You??
Posted: 9/28/2005 12:18:46 AM
Oh no, definitely not jaded. I'm primarily here anyhow just to find women who want to exchange emails and not a relationship as some people are. However, I believe if you interact with enough people, that you'll eventually find someone who suits you and wants the same thing you want in a relationship (if indeed, that's what you want).It's just a matter of timing and stumbling across that other special person and unfortunately, that's not always an easy thing to do. But the more you put yourself out there, the better your chances are so keep plugging away and you'll be okay.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > How About You??