Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 onephatdaddy
Msg: 2
Hey SINGLE DADS THIS IS FOR YOUPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
she left when my son was 2 weeks old, have not seen her since. She's apparenlty moved out west, but I dont know for certain.
 KCGUY
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Hey SINGLE DADS THIS IS FOR YOU
Posted: 8/25/2006 7:00:55 AM
Well mine is in San Antonio Texas where I left her. She was not a drug addict. We did not fight it out in the court system. It was agreed upon first then we had a judge sign the paper work. I have had custody of my daughter since she was 3, now she is 12.
 Wullis
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2006 3:04:18 PM
1st..... mezcalman2001 do you know where she and your children are??? If not contact me and I can maybe hook you up with some resources to find and recover them.

This is the BIG problem with not doing the paperwork right from separation.

When my ex and I separated I had taken a contract about 3000 miles away, but came home as often as possible, I paid all of their bills and mine. I was actively trying to save my marriage and thought all the paperwork would hinder this.

She disappeared with my son, and filed for divorce 4 mos. later.( sole custody no visitation) I responded with a request for joint custody and then she completely went under the radar. I had to chase them across 2 continents for almost 3 yrs. to get him back. The first 4 court hearings the judge treated me like poop on a boot and I was flying 3000 miles for each hearing. (she never showed up once) The fifth, he apologized to me for his attitude, and said she had frustrated the court system long enough, things got better then.

My ex has a social/mental problem and refuses to get treatment. She has finally started to see him(at first she refused visits until stopped the BS and gave him back... like that was going to happen) But I can't allow any overnight visits.
 justme687
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/27/2006 3:30:27 PM
well i have my kids, and it is sad that the moms turend out to be crack heads, and some are bad moms and dont want the bother with raising them for some reson,
i have three kids and there mom dose not care neather of them,
and it is hard to find a date, man when they find out you have kids look out they want to run the other way!
it took me a long time to get my kids and every time i went to court it took a long time , she would rather see them in a home than with me , now i am not a bad dad, nor dose anyone else think that all she wanted was child support, she works under the table and all she cared about was money not the kids, i am going thru it now with my 4 year old daughter and her mom dose nothing but ho around and i mean ho the past year she has moved and i am not lieing 10 times, been thru one husband and 25 guys lol i no it is a lot but dam.
it is hard to get the court to see that dads have as just much right as a mom dose. i think that all kids need there mom and there dad just the same.
there is some dads that just dont give a shit about none of there kids and that is to bad ,
kids are great and i would never give mine up for nothing.
if ya dont want em dont have em i say. they did not ask to be here and they need a lot of love ,
thats what i say /////
sory if i made anyone mad!!!
 -Braveheart-
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/28/2006 1:43:05 PM
We don't have any agreement in place right now, but have had my kids for the last two months.

My ex is NOT a junkie, but she is in another province. We don't agree right now about the kids being in one province or the other, but I would love to have her close enough so that we could be both in the kids lives. Comprimise is what I come up with, but I will do what I think is right for my kids.

I may be back here asking for advice at some point or how to do french braids, but wished that that things could be civil so that the kids could be better off.
 Wullis
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2006 3:12:12 PM
^^^^^^^ Let them run dude, let them run and to hell with anyone that can't understand that

When my son was missing it happened all the time ......I'd see a guy and his son walking holding hands or a child kicking his way through a pile of leaves and the tide would come in.

I thought Old Yeller was the real tear jerker....... but every Christmas movie would leave me in puddles.

Now that I have him back .........It happens when I watch him sleep

So what are you going to do.........gotta go with it...I mean look at me I am not the poster child for kleenex here!!!!
 mike-39
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2006 7:45:43 PM
Hi Tiffany,
I have been a single father for 13 years now,and have handled it great.I have two beautiful daughters one 14 and one 18.My ex left us for another guy when my youngest daughter was one year old.The guy she left to be with didn't keep her around to long.She got pregnant with his child she left him and that child also.She has had a few other kids and gave them up for adoption.I have only received on child support check in 13 years.To the courts that is OK
S he goes on wefare every time we go to court,that way she doesn't have to pay anything.....and trust me i've tried many times

DEAD BEAT MOTHER OF THE CENTERY..............
 SandyLongLegs
Msg: 28
Posted: 2/5/2007 12:33:50 PM
What I'm hearing all the men here say is how hard it is to raise children alone. Welcome to "our" world....women have been doing it for years! I'm glad to see that men are taking more active roles in their children's lives, but it is sad that so many women are shirking their responsibilities. As fever 777 said, every dog has his day. The most painful price will be the respect and/or love of their children.
 lucilou
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2007 9:34:05 PM
I respect man who take good care of their children, as a Mother, I will die first before i give up my children, they are the love of my life. To those single dads, hang in there , in the future you will be rewarded, just make good bonding with your children. Good luck!!! lucilou
 lonelywolf1974
Msg: 46
Posted: 1/14/2008 8:01:58 PM
Ok I am single parent of 3 great kids twin 10 year old boys and a 3 year old girl. They are my life my ex loves them but on same token cannt handle caring for them speicaly there basic needs like feeding them giving them time when they need or wants attention she can only give them time when it suits her life a plans she has . Its makes it hard when my kids want to see her and she has plans like going out with her mother , playing bingo , or sleeping her 12 to 16 hours a day . One thing I would never do is hurt my kids they been thought enought she has called them 4 times in 6 months to talk to them she see's them every sat for a few hours when it fits her to plans .
It is hard for any single parents . I have to say its realy hard for a parent who is a father courts realy side with the mothers then the fathers . I havent seen one cent of cs in this time . Im almost to the point I will be moving into my parents house to live because paying for day care for my 3 year old cost 150 a week plus everything else drains the bank account when more goes out then in. Try to get help with the day care cost is nearly impossable welfare is based for women with kids not men .
But on the good note being a single parent has the plus side or atleast for me . I was the punsher the who did the corecting in the house with the kids as well as the one made the meals and cleaned the house . But now I get to do all the other thing that i missed out on like playing with them sharing all there time since there mother isn't in there life as much . They realy came out of there shell so to speak since the bad infulance is gone . They use to sit and watch tv or play video games all day now they help around the house go for runs go to boy scouts have friends over where before there mom just lay in bed and sleep all day till i got home and my little one has came so far in a short time its blows my mind since she goes to day care and now at home she doesnt just sit infront of tv all day long she talks moves around better i was taking her to the doctors before since she walk with a limp in her hip its gone now it was because she didnt move around enough. She is a daddy little girl to she is my shadow everywhere i go she goes .

From a single dad Chris
 toadface1
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/15/2008 12:29:23 PM
When my son was 3 months old, my exwife and I broke up due to what I did to her older son at the time.
We moved out of our old city here in Ontario to go out to Halifax N S. That is where our son was born.
So when we moved back here to Ontario, we stayed at my fathers place til my stepson was not being nice.
But you can't help it that you have a son or daughter that is ADHD.
Now 3 years later, I have this stupid supervised visits with my son. My ex wife now supervises them which I hate cause I can't do nothing with my son.
My visits started at the CAS office back in 2004 and then it was changed to my ex's place and we meet at the mall cause she will not tell me where she lives. Because I stopped her from moving to Illinois.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >