Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WhereIsTheSuperNo
Msg: 5
view profile
History
DramaPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Um, "drama" isn't baggage, "drama" is self sabotage for attention. In the following examples Person1 shall represent the currently sane person who has not succumb quite yet to being driven insane by the "drama" and thusly being moved out of the sane category in the dating pool. Person2 shall represent the administrator of said "drama", lets run the tape shall we...

-----------------------------------------------
Example 1 - Never a Right Answer - Day 1:
-----------------------------------------------

Person2: I'm hungry
Person1: Do you want to pick something up at the store or go out?
Person2: I don't care, what do you feel like?
Person1: I'm not all that hungry, whatever is fine.
Person2: Oh forget it!

Day 2:

Person2: I'm Hungry
Person1: Chinese?
Person2: Nah not really in the mood.
Person1: Burgers?
Person2: I was thinking something sit down.
Person1: OK, you pick
Person2: Why do I always have to pick?

Day3:

Driving....

Person1: OK, I've got just the place...
Person2: Where?
Person1: It's a surprise.
[...]
Person2: Here?
Person1: Yea, you love this place.
Person2: I just wanted a burger or something.

Day4:

Person1: *sigh* Um...
Person2: What is that all about?
Person1: What?
Person2: You! You rolled your eyes at me.
Person1: I..I dunno
Person2: I want something to eat!
Person1: Mexican? French? Thai? Madagascar suckling pig?
Person2: Loose the attitude.

-----------------------------------------
Example 2 - Forced Jealousy - Day 1:
-----------------------------------------

Person1: How was your day?
Person2: I had lunch with Jim from work.
Person1: How'd it go?
Person2: That doesn't bother you?
Person1: Should it?
Person2: No!
Person1: I trust you, I should trust you, right?
Person2: Of coarse!

Day2:

Person1 comes home to Person2 and Jim in the pool together.

-------------------------
Example3 - Voice Mail:
-------------------------

You have 10 unheard messages...

Message 1 Monday 5:45 PM:

Hi, baby miss me? Just wanted to say Hi!

Message 2 Monday 5:47 PM:

Where are you? I miss you.

Message 3 Monday 5:50 PM:

Is it over? What did I do? Damn you!

Message 4 Monday 6:00 PM:

I'm sorry, I over reacted, working late?

Message 5 Monday 6:05 PM:

OK! Who is she you **stard, I'll kill her if I find out!

Message 6 Monday 6:07 PM:

I slept with Jim and I'm glad I did!

Message 7 Monday 6:12 PM:

I didn't sleep with Jim, really I didn't, I just don't understand what I did.

Message 8 Monday 6:15 PM:

Hey dude, you forgot your cell in the conference room I put it on your desk. Be safe Peace out.

-----------------------------

This would be "drama", which is entirely different than "baggage", unless of course Person2 is now as psychotic as Person1 in which case the "drama" has become "baggage"....or the "drama" from Person2 continues to manifest itself into the daily life of Person1, in which case it is also "Baggage".

The lesson here, If everyone would just check their baggage the search wouldn't take so long.
 dogar2007
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Drama
Posted: 8/27/2006 11:28:29 AM
It is totally unfair to use the word "drama" as yet another reason to be critical of men in general, as one of the above posters did.

Women may use the word "drama" for all the following:
a man paying child support (like he is supposed to);
a man being in contact with a (possibly difficult) ex- because they have a child together;
a man having a difficult relationship with one of his children who has gone astray in life (and of course, THAT is his fault, too, right?)

Almost all streets are two-way, and I'm getting a little tired of hearing certain women on here **** about "men" like they were all the same clone or something. Your sexism is showing, and it is just as offensive to me as racism.
 davedave951
Msg: 13
Drama
Posted: 8/27/2006 6:10:33 PM
Example of Drama: You are involved with someone. You tell them that this Friday you are going out with your buddies. The next day her attitude is down in the dumps and she complains and makes a BIG PRODUCTION that you do not love her and that you would rather be with your friends then her and she goes on and on and on and on and on.
 himmicane§
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Drama
Posted: 12/16/2006 8:53:57 AM
Take a bit of emotional baggage, add some insecurity and a bit of delusion, mix it up and drop it on the floor. Let's call that the molehill. It was created out of no reality whatsoever. Then pump it right up into a mountain. Then get all bent out of shape over it, create lots of conflict over it, and make sure that you won't listen to any kind of logical argument against it.

Voilà, one drama queen or king.

-Jim
 foxine
Msg: 19
Drama
Posted: 12/16/2006 2:08:53 PM
a drama queen is someone that gets bent out of shape over the slightest thing. They go balistic over any changes & they think the world revolves around them.
 himmicane§
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Drama
Posted: 12/18/2006 9:16:51 PM
Mom, would you like me to look?

But seriously, we can't control the ignorance of the masses. You do make a good point.

-Jim
 rosepetal57
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Drama
Posted: 12/19/2006 7:41:06 AM
That was classic!!! I agree... "Drama" is self-afflicted, attention grabbing actions. Like a crazy scene from a movie or play...hence "DRAMA". Mostly driven by low-esteem people, seeking to ignite reations in others. Mostly for the "immature" PHEW... let me BREATHE!
 foxine
Msg: 32
Drama
Posted: 12/19/2006 5:18:14 PM
drama is being excessively whiny or ****y or bent out of shape over the slighest little nothing. Being a "drama" queen is having to have your own way all of the time & not caring about other's feelings, only your own.
 Baba_Ganoosh
Msg: 43
Drama
Posted: 1/5/2007 3:25:26 PM
Ooh, Ooh, can i play too?!?! seriously though - i've got one for you:

"A man marries a women expecting that she won't change and she does. A women marries a man expecting he will change and doesn't".

HOW ****ED UP IS THAT???? and we wonder why words like "drama" and "adjustable-interest marriage" are commonplace...Drama maybe is a convenience and mask for a persons resistance to change...

Baba Out
 castof1
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Drama
Posted: 5/18/2007 12:21:45 PM
Face it everyone who has lived life to a good degree has baggage. When baggage becomes Drama is when you carry too much of it with you. If I invite a lady to join me for a weekend in Vegas it is OK if she brings a carry on but if she brings 3 steamer trunks with her .....that’s DRAMA.
Show ALL Forums  > California  >